Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647747 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10660) (10661) (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) (10666) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2021
Simy with an assist for Crotone. cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:02pm On May 13, 2021
Philosopher1979:

U are right African players face discrimination in Europe. They are not given a fair chance and are often misunderstood.

But you would think this would be a common knowledge to some of us. Look at Raheem Sterling with all the nonsense he is playing but Pep dare not bench him or the English press will destroy him. If Raheem was African Pep would probably spit on him and nothing will happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:03pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Iwobi is a stunt man; once in while you get some moments of brilliance.

Iwobi cant play on the wing because he cant cross a ball to save his life.
He can't play in the middle because he cant create play like a proper midfield should.
He cant play as striker because he cant score , in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the 18yrd box.
Iwobi doesnt even have the lungs of a soccer player.

Championship is whats left for him.

All these for iwobi ? Not surprised

Chance for you to masturbate

Local man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:04pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Iheanacho came into it because I want to learn a pattern with your arguments. Because you seem to go off topic and start discussing irrelevant stuff. With Iheanacho you mocked him instead of trying to learn whe he was being benched... you went overboard and made fun of his looks. And now you want to explain creativity to me as if there arent like hundred definition of creativity. Whats is your problem , sir ?

I didn't mock Iheanacho, it seems you have dementia grin weren't you the person that mocked Ndidi, Aribo, Maja, Ajayi and currently mocking Iwobi? Should you even be allow a say if your blunders in this thread are considered, go and check the meaning of creativity I don't want to derail grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2021
Napoleon55:

So u r saying,
that if we get rid of these players,
we can now win AFCON and possibly reach world semis,or even win it,right?

I dont care about AFCON that much. I just want us to play our good old beautiful football and win the world cup. Thats not too much to ask because we have the talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:07pm On May 13, 2021
I made fun of Iheanacho's looks, seems we have a dementia patient in this thread grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

I didn't mock Iheanacho, it seems you have dementia grin weren't you the person that mocked Ndidi, Aribo, Maja, Ajayi and currently mocking Iwobi? Should you even be allow a say if your blunders in this thread are considered grin go and check the meaning of creativity I don't want to derail

For a guy who want to teach me creativity its quite outstanding you couldn't define "mockery"...lol. I think you are certainly the one that needs a dictionary....smh

"blunders" ? Explain where these blunders are coming from, analysis or my English. I want to know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2021
AMF is his natural position which he needs to grow an attitude of a fighter with authority in the position
His inability to stamp his authority in his natural position is the reason coaches push him away to other position
He needs to learn to see wider and make crisp defense splitting passes which must be his emblem
Iwobi needs to hunger for goals with rugged desire and thirst

Omanambala:

Yes, and that drew me to explain Iwobi's adventure with AMF position. So ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:
I made fun of Iheanacho's looks, seems we have a dementia patient in this thread grin

Come on....SuperNerd dragged you here for days after Nacho picked form....nobi so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:14pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

For a guy who want to teach me creativity its quite outstanding you couldn't define "mockery"...lol. I think you are certainly the one that needs a dictionary....smh

"blunders" ? Explain where these blunders are coming from, analysis or my English. I want to know.

Have you remembered who mocked Iheanacho grin KDB is an example of a creative player, a player who keeps the tempo ala Jorginho is a midfield controller, Nwakali has nothing on Iwobi when it comes to creativity, here is the dictionary definition of creativity

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:15pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:
Nobody should compare Osimhen to Haarland again there is a gulf between the two
Perhaps u should go and watch Osimhen's highlights as well,
u can c 4 urself that there is not much gulf.
Time will tell who is actually better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:18pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

When I was harping about Iwobi's inefficiency I was ganged up on and insulted wildly here. Here , yet again, Iwobi seems like he is becoming surplus to requirements at his current club. The boy brings absolutely nothing to the table. He cant shoot , he cant hold up play and create ,yet he wants to be #10 so badly.

With Rohr he is sure to man the midfield and keep killing our traditional style of play. Just because he has had the opportunities to score some goals with super eagles cant distract me from talking about his ineffectiveness in the super eagles midfield set up. He has not brought any sort of creativity nor presence....just give me , I give you. We need Nwakali and if Iwobi continue to sit on the bench then stop inviting him.

The day we get a proper midfield operator like Nwakali , the little Amoo who plays in Sweden and his teammate, who plays Ndidi position is the day the full potentials of this current super eagles will come to light.

The players who are killing our current super eagles are Ndidi , Iwobi , Ekong, Aina Moses Simon and Aribo! As for Aribo , una eyes go soon open...dont say I didn't warn you. Aribo is a flash in the pan with super eagles una give am our legendary number 10 because he is English.

The iwobi for Nigeria is a much better iwobi than the club version. He has done Relatively ok for Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2021
oloriooko:
AMF is his natural position which he needs to grow an attitude of a fighter with authority in the position
His inability to stamp his authority in his natural position is the reason coaches push him away to other position
He needs to learn to see wider and make crisp defense splitting passes which must be his emblem
Iwobi needs to hunger for goals with rugged desire and thirst

Well , we can't really say for sure AM is his natural position because he started as a LW at Arsenal and when he could not establish himself they moved him to AM and we are still having issues. He doesn't have the creativity to play a #10. No imagination nor vision with the ball...just give me I give you. Na monkey post we dey play ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:19pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Come on....SuperNerd dragged you here for days after Nacho picked form....nobi so.

UselessNerd didn't drag me (he can't do that), I didn't have a squabble with anybody on Iheanacho, go see your doctor bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:22pm On May 13, 2021
Napoleon55:

Perhaps u should go and watch Osimhen's highlights as well,
u can c 4 urself that there is not much gulf.
Time will tell who is actually better

See I like Osimhen but Haaland is going to be in the Ronaldo, Messi conversation in the next couple of years and Osimhen is not that level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2021
bros u talking like u hv issues with the dude
he's a gr8 player no matter how u try painting him bad haba! angry
Omanambala:

Well , we can't really say for sure AM is his natural position because he started as a LW at Arsenal and when he could not establish himself they moved him to AM and we are still having issues. He doesn't have the creativity to play a #10. No imagination nor vision with the ball...just give me I give you. Na monkey post we dey play ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

Have you remembered who mocked Iheanacho grin KDB is an example of a creative player, a player who keeps the tempo ala Jorginho is a midfield controller, Nwakali has nothing on Iwobi when it comes to creativity, here is the dictionary definition of creativity

Explain creativity in a footbal context not copying and quoting dictionary verbatim.

How does an imaginative react when with a ball ?
He plays a pass that opens defence.
He holds the ball to get a better vision of position of his teammates and release the ball.

I am done here!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:26pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

You are kidding, right ? When has Iwobi ever excelled as AMF. There is a difference between been a skillful player and a creative player. A defender or striker can be skillful but may not be creative which is a major requirement of a midfielder because you are the link between defence and attack.

A midfielder must be strong , creative and hardworking and Iwobi is none of these things. On the other hand Nwakali may not be the strongest player but his creativity and tailor made passes are almost unmatched when he is in form.

What this mumu talking about? Iwobi is one of Nigeria most creative players. Did you not see his pass to Musa vs Tunisia (friendly) or friendly games vs Argentina, England? The guy has 9 goals for Nigeria and a few assists he deserves some respect. Even dele Ali has been an English flop despite playing well for Tottenham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2021
12large1:

The iwobi for Nigeria is a much better iwobi than the club version. He has done Relatively ok for Nigeria

Yet , he has not being able to orchestrate our midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:28pm On May 13, 2021
Chelsea might not even make it to the champions league next season tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:28pm On May 13, 2021
12large1:

What this mumu talking about? Iwobi is one of Nigeria most creative players. Did you not see his pass to Musa vs Tunisia (friendly) or friendly games vs Argentina, England? The guy has 9 goals for Nigeria and a few assists he deserves some respect. Even dele Ali has been an English flop despite playing well for Tottenham

When you want to be an eidiot, please, don't reply my post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:28pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

See I like Osimhen but Haaland is going to be in the Ronaldo, Messi conversation in the next couple of years and Osimhen is not that level

This site is filled with sentimental delusional. Isn't it here that someone said Ndidi is better than Kante or osimehn is overall better than Haaland. The next asanine statements is "Chukwueze is better than Messi" osimehn is talented but he has to surpass or get to haaland level before someone should be saying crazy statements

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2021
simy gets goal number 20

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:31pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Explain creativity in a footbal context not copying and quoting dictionary verbatim.

How does an imaginative react when with a ball ?
He plays a pass that opens defence.
He holds the ball to get a better vision of position of his teammates and release the ball.

I am done here!

You are not done bro grin A creative player creates chances e.g De Bruyne, A midfield controller keeps the ball and recycles possession e.g Jorginho, You cannot call a player who you described as
playing the right passes, holding ball when the need arises.
a creative player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 9:33pm On May 13, 2021
Simy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

I dont care about AFCON that much. I just want us to play our good old beautiful football and win the world cup. Thats not too much to ask because we have the talent.
We've had the talent to reach WC finals before,I don't know about winning it,
even then,we could not defeat the real super teams we met,Italy and Argentina.
But currently we don't have the talent yet to reach WC semis ,
winning WC ,u have overcome the likes of France,Brazil,Germany,Argentina,Spain,
that is if u r able to escape teams like Portugal,Belgium ,England and Holland.
Tell me if we currently have better talents than these countries mentioned above.
BTW,talent alone can't win u world cup.
We don't have a laid down plan to win a WC.
We don't have a very good tactician to win WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2021
damagnificentusb:
simy gets goal number 20
false alarm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:35pm On May 13, 2021
12large1:

This site is filled with sentimental delusional. Isn't it here that someone said Ndidi is better than Kante or osimehn is overall better than Haaland. The next asanine statements is "Chukwueze is better than Messi" osimehn is talented but he has to surpass or get to haaland level before someone should be saying crazy statements

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2021
maidaboi:
false alarm
you say??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:40pm On May 13, 2021
oloriooko:
bros u talking like u hv issues with the dude
he's a gr8 player no matter how u try painting him bad haba! angry

Yes, kinda. He once made a smelly gesture to a black African players. I don't forgive race traitors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:43pm On May 13, 2021
Go go Man U!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:48pm On May 13, 2021
damagnificentusb:
simy gets goal number 20

chai nah messias score ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10660) (10661) (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) (10666) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), opes, Amedino99(m), Silentgroper(m), Chidonsky, Tinneh and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.