Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972319 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10709) (10710) (10711) (10712) (10713) (10714) (10715) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2021
temi1290:

YoU'Re ri.gHt,nDiDi .is ju$t..lucKy,nOThinG. .spEciAl

Lolz. Final blow shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 5:02pm On May 22, 2021
Omanambala:

Onazi was a baddass DM at his prime, especially with Super Eagles and Lazio. I will take an in-form Onazi over Ndidi , anyday.

Onazi exudes confidence in that role because thats his natural position. Mikel's talent was stunted by Morinho who want him to shield the back but he still excelled with SE , unlike Ndidi who goes missing all game whenever SE play.
but your current super eagles do struggle without the presence of Wilfred Ndidi in the Defense midfield position .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2021
Omanambala:

That's a vague question but I will try and be concise. Ndidi only/mostly excel with tackles and blocks. His passing game needs more improvements to reach world class. He is simply above average and I am being nice.

I am sorry, I don't rate Ndidi very high but he can still prove me wrong.

Obviously. Ndidi needs to download and watch video clips of the Almighty Azubuike Modric Pirlo Iniesta Okechukwu. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:04pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

How many goals does Vardy have for England in international competitions (not friendly games)?

You want me to include his goals in friendly matches? You think the World Class criteria is a joke? grin

How many games did vardy started at international competition when Harry Kane is the first choice there

Vardy played for England for just 3 years as a backup striker and you want him to score the whole goals and achieve everything ,I am sure you don’t know why you are saying

Even during the last World Cup he started only against Belgium after England have qualified for the next round

Try to get your facts right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 22, 2021
jihday:
I swear, if we start bringing out different players he go tire, so Harry Kane too isn't world class because he hardly play champions league football

Bro Harry Kane has had 18 goals combined in the champions league between 2018-2020. Along with 8 goals in Europa this year 2021.
He has had close to 20 goals in the premier League in each of the past 3 seasons.

That's what champions do. Definitely world class!

Bro that standard I introduced is purely practicable. The Harry Kane exercise is a simple one you could have done yourself to come to the conclusion that he is world class.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 5:06pm On May 22, 2021
Damioduso1:
but your current super eagles do struggle without the presence of Wilfred Ndidi in the Defense midfield position .

In those days, I remember how people use to criticise Onazi wrongly too. People that clearly don't understand the game. All they care about is useless dribbles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Leicester considering making vardy their new captain..and tielemans as vice..

Ndidi? shocked

They should consider cashing in on Vardy because next season isn't going to be any better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How many games did vardy started at international competition when Harry Kane is the first choice there

Vardy played for England for just 3 years as a backup striker and you want him to score the whole goals and achieve everything ,I am sure you don’t know why you are saying

Even during the last World Cup he started only against Belgium after England have qualified for the next round

According to someone's definition of world class, it means Vardy is not world class because he was playing second fiddle grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2021
Omanambala:

Thanks for towing the line of reasons by making an explicit post regarding this issue, unlike some wretched swine we have up there.

Of course, Ndidi is not a world class player; how many champions league games has he played and consistently bossed the field , what about world cup games where he usually fall below expectations ?

What in heavens name is this statement @bolded. How many good games did Drogba have at the world cup??. All to fulfill your Agenda you carry World cup here. How many World cup games has he featured in for you to even make this conclusion??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2021
temi1290:

I never said such thing, please. Don't make things up just because you have nothing to say.

As for your cartoon , take a lesson from the post above you and see how a civilized humans write....hehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2021
jihday:
Errmmm, with this your metric if we open Suarez champions league record that means we'll say he's not a world class player o
Or Hazard grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2021
Olulong:

What in heavens name is this statement @bolded. How many good games did Drogba have at the world cup??. All to fulfill your Agenda you carry World cup here. How many World cup games has he featured in for you to even make this conclusion??

I don't like discussions that goes in circles. Stay with the Ndidi topic , after all Ndidi doesn't have the cult figure Drogba controlled at Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2021
Omanambala:

I don't like discussions that goes in circles. Stay with the Ndidi topic , after all Ndidi doesn't have the cult figure Drogba controlled at Chelsea

His argument is valid. You mentioned world cup games as yardstick for not being world class.
Now that cult figure has entered, would you say because Madrid does not bestow so much honor o their legends that it means they were not world class? Ndidi is a legend in Leicester. He's been immense and consistent in the last 3 seasons

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2021
Damioduso1:

We struggle not because Ndidi was absent but because we don't have any DM. Rohr will not invite them and even if he did he will bench them , then convert a defender or an attacker to that position.

Against Algeria , Mikel Agu and the U17 lad were there but he started a defender, Ajayi. Don't act like you don't know Rohr is killing our darling Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2021
mank1234:

His argument is valid. You mentioned world cup games as yardstick for not being world class.
Now that cult figure has entered, would you say because Madrid does not bestow so much honor o their legends that it means they were not world class? Ndidi is a legend in Leicester. He's been immense and consistent in the last 3 seasons

The point I am trying to make is that Ndidi is not at the level and status Drogba was when he was with Chelsea. Not even close. You honestly believe Ndidi is a legend ? That's your opinion and I respect that but I strongly disagree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2021
temi1290:

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 5:31pm On May 22, 2021
Omanambala:

I never said such thing, please. Don't make things up just because you have nothing to say.

As for your cartoon , take a lesson from the post above you and see how a civilized humans write....hehe

Believe you me,I no mean am,na just play I dey follow you play, no vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol bro no coach would bench a world class player. That should tell you something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:40pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

Lol bro no coach would bench a world class player. That should tell you something.

So if you have suarez aguero on a team and you needed to use one striker ,so that means the one they get benched is not world class ?

See person I Dey follow argue

Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

So you'll bench Kane for Vardy??

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cburke(m): 5:46pm On May 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So if you have suarez aguero on a team and you needed to use one striker ,so that means the one they get benched is not world class ?

Smh

U dey enjoy d arguments naa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cburke(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

Great, I would actually agree with you that he's above average but not world class.

For me, a world class player is one that is able to sustain brilliant performance and numbers at the highest career stages i.e World cup, Champions league etc.

So once a player has had big numbers consistently in the local league, cup games (and world cup of applicable), and has had great numbers in the champions League as well for at least three seasons, he is world class!

Typical example for an attacker (bar long term injuries);

Local league games for the past three seasons =
Must have scored atleast 20 goals in each season

and

Champions League appearance for the past three seasons =
Must have scored atleast 20 goals (or close) combined in all three seasons.

And

Cup games (and world cup if applicable) during the past three seasons =
Must have scored atleast 20 goals combined in all three season.

Based in these standard, Jamie Vardy isn't world class!

Mbappe is world class!
Mbappe stats in the past three season;

Ligue1 = Has scored over 20 close or close to that in each of the past 3 season.
Check

Champions League = has scored close to 20 goals combined in the past 3 seasons
Check.

Cup games and world cup = scored close to 20 goals combined
Check.

Result = World class!

The above stat is a reference just for strikers.
Midfielders, defenders goal keepers have their separate reference stats for categorising a player as world class.

I really do not have the time to write up the reference stats for midfielders, defenders etc.

But really, we here need to have our own definition of a world class player as this has been a widely used term without clear definition.

I just threw a first stab at it and mine can be used as a preliminary.

We should make the definition, modify it, agree and sticky it somewhere as a standard. So when next anyone will call a player world class he can first consult on our standard grin

P.S. Ndidi would have to feature consistently in the big games and do what he does best in the world stage before he can be confirmed as world class. For now he isn't.

When Una wan chill for Ndidi.. He is a midfielder many top clubs would happily part with a sizeable sum for. What else are you looking for?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Smh

If you have C Ronaldo and Mbappe in same team will you bench one for the other?

If you have Iniesta and Xavi in a team will you bench one for the other? Or if you have Iniesta and Ronaldinho?

Well the answer can be Yes or No depending on the situation and circumstance or even the coach. For instance you could have two world class goal keepers on your team.

In the case of Harry Kane vs Vardy is not even close as one is a world class player while the other isn't. That's what I mean.

Could you do me a favour and pull up Harry Kane vs Vardy stats up for the premier League, champions League and cup competitions for the past three consecutive seasons.

Compare the two and maybe you would understand the World Class standard better.

Well, sorry I know you like Unilorin or UNAD in AdoEkiti but they are not close to Harvard Uni.

Even if I wanted to cheat and add Vardy into the list, meritocracy wouldn't allow. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 22, 2021
Olulong:

So you'll bench Kane for Vardy??

Okay

I think you meant to quote Andrew?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:57pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

If you have Iniesta and Xavi in a team will you bench one for the other? Or if you have Iniesta and Ronaldinho?

Well the answer can be Yes or No depending on the situation and circumstance or even the coach. For instance you could have two world class goal keepers on your team.

In the case of Harry Kane vs Vardy is not even close as one is a world class player while the other isn't. That's what I mean.

Could you do me a favour and pull up Harry Kane vs Vardy stats up for the premier League, champions League and cup competitions.

Well, sorry I know you like Unilorin or UNAD in AdoEkiti but they are not close to Harvard Uni.

Even if I wanted to cheat and add Vardy into the list, meritocracy wouldn't allow. grin

Mbappé and cr7 can play from the flanks ,please compete reasonably

Where did I compare Harry Kane and vardy ? I am saying vardy is world class and you are taking me to compare both players

Harry Kane have played in the champions league more than vardy

You be confirmed ogogoro joint analyst,Walai ,you too worst
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:57pm On May 22, 2021
Cburke:

U dey enjoy d arguments naa

I no Dey enjoy anything Baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Mbappé and cr7 can play from the flanks ,please compete reasonably

Where did I compare Harry Kane and vardy ? I am saying vardy is world class and you are taking me to compare both players

Harry Kane have played in the champions league more than vardy

You be confirmed ogogoro joint analyst,Walai ,you too worst

What's your definition of a world class player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2021
Beloved3:

hogwash!!. His ter stegen not a world class goalie? Can you explain to us why he sits on the bench in the germany national team?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 22, 2021
Cburke:

When Una wan chill for Ndidi.. He is a midfielder many top clubs would happily part with a sizeable sum for. What else are you looking for?

Correct bro. That's a sign that he is enroute to gradually becoming a world class.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 22, 2021
damagnificentusb:

hogwash!!. His ter stegen not a world class goalie? Can you explain to us why he sits on the bench in the germany national team?

Already answered by me @ the bolded below;

Beloved3:

Could you do me a favour and pull up Harry Kane vs Vardy stats up for the premier League, champions League and cup competitions for the past three consecutive seasons.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:05pm On May 22, 2021
The disrespect Ndidi is getting is unbelievable...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 6:11pm On May 22, 2021
No comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (10709) (10710) (10711) (10712) (10713) (10714) (10715) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, elyte89, Philosopher1979, hustleranthem(m), jargooflife912(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.