Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,176 members, 7,860,222 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11924019 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10748) (10749) (10750) (10751) (10752) (10753) (10754) ... (16332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:15am On May 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

This coach is better than gattuso

No be carpenter ooo

Which one be average truck pusher again cheesy

Better than gattuso, I don't really agree

Don't mind me at the bolded. Just catching cruise grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:16am On May 29, 2021
Blueelf:

Better than gattuso, I don't really agree

Don't mind me at the bolded. Just catching cruise grin grin

Spalletti is better than gattuso

That one no even need arguement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:21am On May 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Spalletti is better than gattuso

That one no even need arguement

Okay, if you say so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:27am On May 29, 2021
I'm saying this with my full chest! angry A team wearing blue with a player called Mendy will win the Champions League tonight take it to the bank tongue grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2021
ChrisKels:

Who else noticed that this account only pops up whenever TheSupernerd recklessly talks himself into troubles, just as MbJane was popping up back then for Andre444?

I have been trailing this account, and I hardly am wrong.

Elyte baba mi are you seeing what I'm seeing?

No one does it better than Profma.thsland

Sha, I later found out that he has a justification cool

It's all good. It makes here lively
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:55am On May 29, 2021
Blueelf:

Bro, I feel no love for Chelsea but they will win today

No that they deserve to but they will edge Man City
Why you go say Chelsea no deserve am, person beat Sevilla for group stage, top him group, beat the likes of Atletico, Porto, Real Madrid enroute to the final and you say dem no deserve am, lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

“I think there are some rumours that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article. I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn’t mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah,” Billing told Danish publication bt.dk.

“It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel one hundred per cent Danish. Of course, I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

“I have a Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to stand for. That’s my big dream.”

“I’ve talked to the coach [Rohr], but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

“He [Rohr] just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon. I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That’s my big dream.

“Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am one hundred per cent in Denmark. I only think these are rumours and that’s to get people talking. But there is nothing at all.”

“I’ve talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little,” he continued.

“From what I hear, it’s something I look forward to very much playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut.

“I have nothing but positive things to say. The conversation I had with Hjulmand was very positive. I think big things are going to happen under him. That’s my feeling.”

Source: https://www.busybuddiesng.com/philip-billing-bournemouth-star-rejects-nigeria-for-denmark/
(Many sources on this but this will suffice)

Now, Knock yourself out.

Hmmm okay I see no issue here tho. You said he said he feels no connection to Nigeria but he acknowledged he has a Nigerian root, he is half Nigerian but he was born in Denmark. As at that time he wanted to play for Denmark and that was that
Isn’t it the same thing saka said that he was born and brought up in England and he lived there all his life so if saka have decided to play for Nigeria, we shouldn’t call him to base on that statement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2021
You are just determined to ignore the rest of the statements which cancelled his mere mention of him having Nigerian root.

You didn't see where he said he never wants to be asked this question again. That his mind is 100% for Denmark.

You didn't see where he also said It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when he feels one hundred per cent Danish.

You didn't see where he said it is Denmark he wants to stand for. That it is his big dream.

You also didn't see where he said “I’ve talked to the coach [Rohr], but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that."

You ignored all that and you are telling me this. Carry on playing blind. grin

Neobulletzz:

Hmmm okay I see no issue here tho. You said he said he feels no connection to Nigeria but he acknowledged he has a Nigerian root, he is half Nigerian but he was born in Denmark. As at that time he wanted to play for Denmark and that was that
Isn’t it the same thing saka said that he was born and brought up in England and he lived there all his life so if saka have decided to play for Nigeria, we shouldn’t call him to base on that statement?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2021
Neobulletzz:

You obviously do not have any idea how every thing played out. Billing's agent called rorh to inform him of Billing's willingness to represent Nigeria and he(billing's agent) gave rorh billing's phone no. After the news broke out that billing was gonna change allegiance to naija, Billing then came out to refute the claims that he was gonna change allegiance to naija (in that article u just read). If u dont have any problem wit dis decietful act pertuated by billing and his agent then i do not know what else to say.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2021
damagnificentusb:

You obviously do not have any idea how every thing played out. Billing's agent called rorh to inform him of Billing's willingness to represent Nigeria and he(billing's agent) gave rorh billing's phone no. After the news broke out that billing was gonna change allegiance to naija, Billing then came out to refute the claims that he was gonna change allegiance to naija (in that article u just read). If u dont have any problem wit dis decietful act pertuated by billing and his agent then i do not know what else to say.
Baba I read everything. I am not Billing, nothing concerns me if he is called up or not I will still remain a Nigerian and support the national team
When Lookman agreed to play for Nigeria and after the news Southgate reached out to him also he is in his plans, what did Lookman do? Did he not cancel Nigeria at that moment too? Is that not deceitful as well or it is only when it is Billing that it is deceitful. After Lookman didn’t get call up, he also decided that let me go and represent Nigeria, why do you still want him? Why are you clamoring for him? Or is it because it is Billing. I bet if the Billing was better than Ndidi in that DM position, this won’t be discussion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:51pm On May 29, 2021
Philip Billing can rep Nigeria if that is what he wants, but should never be considered ahead of Wilfred Ndidi and Frank Onyeka in the pecking order. Alhassan Yusuf is even a strong contender.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You are just determined to ignore the rest of the statements will cancelled his mere mention of him having Nigerian root.

You didn't see where he said he never wants to be asked this question again. That his mind is 100% for Denmark.

You didn't see where he also said It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when he feels one hundred per cent Danish.

You didn't see where he said it is Denmark he wants to stand for. That it is his big dream.

You also didn't see where he said “I’ve talked to the coach [Rohr], but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that."

Trust me e no concern me if them call Billing or not. I am only pointing out the double standards on this thread
This was Lookman’s dream as well but yet everyone here still want him, someone that openly rejected Nigeria three times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:13pm On May 29, 2021
Meliforme:
Philip Billing can rep Nigeria if that is what he wants, but should never be considered ahead of Wilfred Ndidi and Frank Onyeka in the pecking order. Alhassan Yusuf is even a strong contender.

You just disrespect ndidi with this comment

The rest players there we all know who is better between them and billing ,so you can deceive your self as Na your opinion

Don’t put ndidi in such comment again as he is far above everyone there

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2021
You don't care but you are still here defending Billing's statement and trying to make it look similar to what the the Anglo-Naija lads do. Na so.

Again, there is no double standard here.

And at that time Lookman was playing for England in the U-20 WC and eventually won the U-20 WC with England so what were you expecting him to say?

It was also the dream of Ebuehi and Balogun to rep Holland and Germany at some point but they changed direction with time and all without ridiculing Nigeria.

But with Billing, you can see how clearly he laughs off being linked with Nigeria and says he doesn't even wanna be asked this question of his allegiance again. You keep ignoring all that Nonsense he said even when he had initially deceived Rohr into thinking he was actually considering us. Anyway, don't worry, I can see you just don't wanna see how different this is from the Anglo Nigerians.

I mean Tammy also played us but his own is saintly compared to what Billing did. That is what you don't understand.

Neobulletzz:

Trust me e no concern me if them call Billing or not. I am only pointing out the double standards on this thread
This was Lookman’s dream as well but yet everyone here still want him, someone that openly rejected Nigeria three times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:15pm On May 29, 2021
If we can get another Mikel Obi...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:16pm On May 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You are just determined to ignore the rest of the statements will cancelled his mere mention of him having Nigerian root.

Bro...we all understand ur point...but as for me ,d fact is if d dis billing guy truly want to rep us,goes thru d normal channel by openly declaring for us in d presence of media, same way he denied us,discuss with both rohr and pinnick(NFF) by taking back His words and stating clearly his readiness for eagles... I am sure dey would reconsider him again if he meets d coach criteria...besides,players who committed worst atrocities (sleeping with each odas wife)in clubs and country were pardoned grin..so y would dis b an issue grin..national team is for everybody..so bro no dey reason dis matter like nollywood film..in as much as he's still eligible for us..he has d same right with every oda eligible players willing to play for us...my submission cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:22pm On May 29, 2021
Just watching Mikel in the Bayern Munich Champions league finals, Ndidi has a lot of similarities with him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2021
If you did understand you won't type all these. Billing is a con man. Our national team is not a team of con men. It is a team of committed individuals playing for the flag.

Also, he clearly played a fast one on Rohr through his agent and when we thought we had him, he goes to the media to say all those jargons denying any links to Nigeria or to any ambition to play for Nigeria. Dude called it "Strange" to mention Nigeria.

Abeg... just rest. The Billing ship has sailed. He is not welcome. An arrogant under average brat. He should get lost. He has lost his rights to play for us. EOD.

elyte89:

Bro...we all understand ur point...but as for me ,d fact is if d dis billing guy truly want to rep us,goes thru d normal channel by openly declaring for us in d presence of media, same way he denied us,discuss with both rohr and pinnick(NFF) by taking back His words and stating clearly his readiness for eagles... I am sure dey would reconsider him again if he meets d coach criteria...besides,players who committed worst atrocities (sleeping with each odas wife)in clubs and country were pardoned grin..so y would dis b an issue grin..national team is for everybody..so bro no dey reason dis matter like nollywood film..in as much as he's still eligible for us..he has d same right with every oda eligible players willing to play for us...my submission cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:32pm On May 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
If you did understand you won't type all these. Billing is a con man. Our national team is not a team of con men. It is a team of committed individuals playing for the flag.

Also, he clearly played a fast one on Rohr through his agent and when we thought we had him, he goes to the media to say all those jargons denying any links to Nigeria or to any ambition to play for Nigeria. Dude called it "Strange" to mention Nigeria.

Abeg... just rest. The Billing ship has sailed. He is not welcome. An arrogant under average brat. He should get lost. He has lost his rights to play for us. EOD.

Well dt decision doesn't rest on ur table...NFF and rohr would decide dt cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:35pm On May 29, 2021
Chelsea really won a Champions league finals without John Terry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2021
You are right and that is why I keep referencing the one guy who I have in my Contacts who speaks directly to Rohr. He said and I quote, "The Billing ship has sailed".

Rohr told him the full story about how Billing tricked and deceived us and he in turn told me everything. Billing is not welcome. EOD.

There are many things I know about this team but I choose not to reveal. Too much talk is unnecessary plus I am not looking for undue attention. Do you know the Nigerian guy who first reached out to Maduka Okoye and got him in contact with Rohr, Soji is his name. My contact and the guy know each other well. And I have interacted with this Soji guy severally. When Oma Akatugba was claiming to be the guy who brought Okoye to Nigerians' and Rohr's attention, My contact told me the full gist and revealed at the time to me that Soji is actually the guy who made first contact with Okoye. And his efforts helped bring him in.

I learnt some things that day. The story of this team is still hidden to many who don't know. But I know and I told the Soji guy that he should worry not. That we here know what he did and we are grateful.

So believe me or not but the Billing ship has indeed sailed unless Rohr will be a fool to change his stance again.

elyte89:

Well dt decision doesn't rest on ur table...NFF and rohr would decide dt cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2021
elyte89:

Gbam

Bless you Bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You are right and that is why I keep referencing the one guy who I have in my Contacts who speaks directly to Rohr. He said and I quote, "The Billing ship has sailed".

Rohr told him the full story about how Billing tricked and deceived us and he in turn told me everything. Billing is not welcome. EOD.

[s]There are many things I know about this team but I choose not to reveal. Too much talk is unnecessary plus I am not looking for undue attention. Do you know the Nigerian guy who first reached out to Maduka Okoye and got him in contact with Rohr, Soji is his name. My contact and the guy know each other well. And I have interacted with this Soji guy severally. When Oma Akatugba was claiming to be the guy who brought Okoye to Nigerians' and Rohr's attention, My contact told me the full gist and revealed at the time to me that Soji is actually the guy who made first contact with Okoye. And his efforts helped bring him in.

I learnt some things that day. The story of this team is still hidden to many who don't know. But I know and I told the Soji guy that he should worry not. That we here know what he did and we are grateful.[/s]

So believe me or not but the Billing ship has indeed sailed unless Rohr will be a fool to change his stance again.

Baba STFU you're trying to claim relevance as usual after smartsmith don talk about soji you too open mouth waaaaaa like you sabi am
Why you never talk before ? were you not of the crew that said he was arranged by one German journalist ekuke contact everywhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2021
Subzero047:
Official : Spalleti is the new coach of Napoli
cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On May 29, 2021
sheyishemba:

Baba STFU you're trying to claim relevance as usual after smartsmith don talk about soji you too open mouth waaaaaa like you sabi am
Why you never talk before ? were you not of the crew that said he was arranged by one German journalist ekuke contact everywhere

How far my guy

Up blues grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:00pm On May 29, 2021
Would love brentford to make it to the epl due to they have suffered so much in all these playoffs

But i just remember that andre ayew plays for swansea and i like the guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:01pm On May 29, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Why you go say Chelsea no deserve am, person beat Sevilla for group stage, top him group, beat the likes of Atletico, Porto, Real Madrid enroute to the final and you say dem no deserve am, lol

Apologies, key me rephrase it...

Man City are more deserving than Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:05pm On May 29, 2021
Subzero047:
If we can get another Mikel Obi...

If we can get better.

We should be aiming for better smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:06pm On May 29, 2021
chrisooblog:
I'm saying this with my full chest! angry A team wearing blue with a player called Mendy will win the Champions League tonight take it to the bank tongue grin

grin grin grin

What if one of the trams decide not to wear blue today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 29, 2021
Blueelf:

WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

NO LUCK IN THIS, mADUKA PREPARED FOR YEARS VIA TRAINING AND HE TOOK HIS CHANCES VERY WELL

SO HAPPY FOR THE LAD

The dude is just very talented since October 2017 till now he has kept his head up and working hard everyday am really proud of him another player we had in mind was noah bazee anytime I realize the dude couldn't just fulfil his potential as a result of his constant injuries I shed tears cos the dude is a very talented young lad but injury is actually killing his promising career and that just quite sad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:13pm On May 29, 2021
smartsmith0907:

The dude is just very talented since October 2017 till now he has kept his head up and working hard everyday am really proud of him another player we had in mind was noah bazee anytime I realize the dude couldn't just fulfil his potential as a result of his constant injuries I shed tears cos the dude is a very talented young lad but injury is actually killing his promising career and that just quite sad.

Yea, you're right.

I hope he sees a specialist concerning his recurring injuries....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2021
Sad That Rohr Invited Underachieving Ozornwafor -Amuneke, Dosu

May 28, 2021 3:08 pm

The duo of Nigerian internationals, Emmanuel Amuneke and Dosu Joseph has blasted Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr for inviting Galatasaray defender, Valentine Ozornwafor to the senior national team for the friendly games against Cameroon and Mexico.

Ozornwafor, who made just an 8-minute cameo role for Galatasaray in their 6-0 whitewashing of Genclerbirligi in the Turkish Super Lig, was among the 23-man squad that finally made Rohr’s squad.

Reacting to his inclusion to the team, the Atlanta Olympic gold medalist told The Punch that the German tactician has failed to invite players based on merit.

“There are so many inconsistencies with the way players are being invited, but the coach determines who comes into the team and who plays as well. That’s his job.

You can’t invite a player who has played only eight minutes to the Eagles. We must be honest with ourselves and tell ourselves some bitter truth.

“I’m sure we have some defenders either in the Nigeria Professional Football League or in Europe who deserve the chance in terms of talent and form.”

In the same vein, Dosu criticized Rohr for inviting a player that just played 8-minute in the Turkish to the Super Eagles ahead of quality players that are playing regularly for their clubs in Europe.

His (Ozornwafor) invitation sums it up. How do you invite a player who has played only eight minutes to the senior national team for a friendly? The coach must have seen a lot from the player in the eight minutes he played all season.

https://www.completesports.com/sad-that-rohr-invited-underachieving-ozornwafor-amuneke-dosu/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10748) (10749) (10750) (10751) (10752) (10753) (10754) ... (16332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, soetanoreoluwa(m), humility33(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.