Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655386 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10799) (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
jihday:
I no dey like dishonest takes like this, the first 2 guys play for Juventus while the last guy just led his club to a league title in France. Ighalo couldn't even get to sit on the bench in Man Utd while Moses couldn't cut it with Conte who knows how to bring out the best in players who are past their prime.

this is even a non-existent issue. Those guys he listed did not retire from their respective national teams. How he manages to still compare the suituation of those players he mentioned to that of ighalo and victor moses reeks of 'ogoro analysis' at its apogee

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
lakesidepapa:

No, that was his fourth game and first loss in charge .

W
W
W
L
Really? Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
jihday:
I think her problem started from her role in leading that protest against the NFF
Yes, and maybe in the process she insulted one of them. But why is NFF still denying the fact that it is the reason. Or is it possible that Randy doesn't rate her?

Anyway, even if they owe the guys, they shouldn't owe the babes please. Female footballers earn quite low compared to men and National team payments are a huge deal. I doubt if any player in the squad earns up to $70k per annum. Then you will still owe them again? Haba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
lakesidepapa:

[left][/left]

I spent good four years as a cadet at the maritime academy, Merchant Navy

Wow that's a good amount of time. U probably speak the language better than me sef (which is not hard to do grin)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
jihday:
Coach first game in charge, a hand full of regulars missing, this isn't a bad game and I hope it will get better. Nice job Bro

No it think this was 4th match in charge but first with this team. I had never heard of almost half the starting lineup until last night if I'm being honest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
12large1:
Bonucci 34
Chellini 36
Yilmaz 35

But Nigeria wants to dismiss its legend like victor moses and ighalo at 30 and 31 respectively. Our obsession with dismissing in form experienced players nor be small
Paul Scholes, Alan Shearer, Dimitar Berbatov all retired from national team duties at 29. Philip Lahm retired at 30

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
12large1:
Bonucci 34
Chellini 36
Yilmaz 35

But Nigeria wants to dismiss its legend like victor moses and ighalo at 30 and 31 respectively. Our obsession with dismissing in form experienced players nor be small

For someone that hav been watching football he needs no one to tell him that Italian players since ages always do better as they age the likes of Totti,Pedro,Maldini,Costakuta,Nesta and others played football for their national team till their late 30s and were still balling for elite clubs like milan,Roma etc

Now where is moses and ighalo playing If they were Italians they wont even warrant a discuss let alone a call up

If you really watch the super eagles last two feature you should know better what the super eagles lack is creative playmaker so if we are to canvass for any retiree recall that person should be Mikel Obi because his presence in the midfield will birth killer passes that may lead to goal

The super eagles strike department as at present is one of the best in africa. Ighalo record in England cant match nacho record in italy cant match oshimen or simy record so why make a mountain out of a molehill
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
Karlovych:
Paul Scholes, Alan Shearer, Dimitar Berbatov all retired from national team duties at 29. Philip Lahm retired at 30

Don't mind him i hate it when people analyse football out of sentiments and not open to learn

The Italian teams always thrive wit old players and more so the retirees for the super eagles are not doing better than the current players relying on their previous exploits is ignoring the fact that change is constant

The fact that a player cuts it out some years back does not mean he will do same now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
humility33:

Don't mind him i hate it when people analyse football out of sentiments and not open to learn

The Italian teams always thrive wit old players and more so the retirees for the super eagles are not doing better than the current players relying on their previous exploits is ignoring the fact that change is constant

The fact that a player cuts it out some years back does not mean he will do same now

I don't understand why he is clamouring for their return, it's not like they play in top leagues. Moses is at Spartak Moscow of all places while Ighalo is in Saudi Arabia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Promise003(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
ng.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
The 3 of them are playing in the Top 5 league in Europe where is Ighalo and V Moses playing?
12large1:
Bonucci 34
Chellini 36
Yilmaz 35

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:00am On Jun 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Super falcons vs Jamaica for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULfpUZ1HPo
Nice one Basco. This game was a good one for the SF. Just wasteful in front of goal. Alozie with the Pepe strike too. Ordega should watch out. Toni's Energy is wow.

What's that nonsense Okeke was doing there though?

Oluehi could have done better for the goal. I see she's barely changed.

She screams at a Defender to mark. No reaction. Goal scored with little reaction from her.

Nice one again, Basco!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by marvin906(m): 1:20am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

Yes you've said it all also i think they need process that Leicester player switch too we need to harness all this talents to make possibilities of going far in the world cup we have dominated AWCON we now need to up our game for the big stage

If we get ashielgh into our defense remove some of those dead weights home based players, the falcons will be really strong..
As for ashielgh if she plays for the falcons the publicity will be mad..
Hope before September they can call her
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by marvin906(m): 1:21am On Jun 12, 2021
daveP:
Nice one Basco. This game was a good one for the SF. Just wasteful in front of goal. Alozie with the Pepe strike too. Ordega should watch out. Toni's Energy is wow.

What's that nonsense Okeke was doing there though?

Oluehi could have done better for the goal. I see she's barely changed.

She screams at a Defender to mark. No reaction. Goal scored with little reaction from her.

Nice one again, Basco!!

Some players are gonna be dropped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:02am On Jun 12, 2021
Honestly, most of you guys might not see the big deal but the fact that Nigeria couldn't score 1 goal against cameroun in 180 minutes with the likes of onuachu, kelechi, Ahmed Musa, Simon all playing speaks Volume. Yes, we need a playmaker but that's not enough reasons to justify our lack of goals vs cameroun. Remember, it's the same cameroun that V moses and ighalo totally annihilated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:28am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:
Honestly, most of you guys might not see the big deal but the fact that Nigeria couldn't score 1 goal against cameroun in 180 minutes with the likes of onuachu, kelechi, Ahmed Musa, Simon all playing speaks Volume. Yes, we need a playmaker but that's not enough reasons to justify our lack of goals vs cameroun. Remember, it's the same cameroun that V moses and ighalo totally annihilated
Nigga shut the Bleep up. Are you blind? The Italian players you mentioned, where are they playing football or Yilmaz, where are they playing football at their age? Still active in top teams. Where is Ighalo and Victor playing? Can you say the same for them? And again Ighalo and Victor are retired, can’t you just let them be than be shouting we need them here. Go and tell that to Rohr na or you see Rohr for here? Why you come dey shout Ighalo and Victor for here for how many months now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 3:23am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:
We also annihilated them in 2004 with Okocha, Kanu, Utaka, Odemwingie and George Abbey. I suggest Rohr should recall them for our upcoming games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:40am On Jun 12, 2021
Karlovych:
We also annihilated them in 2004 with Okocha, Kanu, Utaka, Odemwingie and George Abbey. I suggest Rohr should recall them for our upcoming games

We didn't annihilate cameroun in 2004 it was a hard fought game. 2.1. Also, the likes of odemwingie, kanu, okocha are retired so your arguments holds no weight. If Rohr knows what's good for him, he better convince ighalo and moses to rescind their decisions before its too late.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:51am On Jun 12, 2021
komekn:

That's a misguided unit of measurement.

Are any of our players " world class" how many if any of our young players have achieved what Ighalo and VM have achieved.

Are any clearly better ❓ I would say capital NO

Komekn i wont take your analysis of football seriously be cause sorry to say likely you didnt even watch the matches and moreover i have come know that you're only good in the business model of football but tactically and ability to read games you are always found wanting

So next time the super eagles play,sit well and read the game there after you will know the players to call up or Whats wrong with the team.

Harland or Lewan upfront with no good servicing (killer passes) dude won't score any goal football is team work and from that match the connection between the midfield and attack was lacking especially at first half and the team was disorganised
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:54am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:

Oga tell me how many clear chances did the super eagles miss that day

You dont know and still dont wanna learn

I waste my time replying you... without creative midfielders where do you expect or how do you expect strikers to score goals even lewan and kane can't score goals in such set up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 6:16am On Jun 12, 2021
Same Cameroon? Most of the players in their squad only a few played against Nigeria 2017
12large1:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:19am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

Oga tell me how many clear chances did the super eagles miss that day

You dont know and still dont wanna learn

I waste my time replying you... without creative midfielders where do you expect or how do you expect strikers to score goals even lewan and kane can't score goals in such set up

You must be very mad or dumb to realize that SE midfield has been similar since the last few years. When we defeated cameroun 4 0 it was still similar DM/CM available but victor moses and ighalo were the main culprit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:

You must be very mad or dumb to realize that SE midfield has been similar since the last few years. When we defeated cameroun 4 0 it was still similar DM/CM available but victor moses and ighalo were the main culprit

Hello bitter soul that midfield that defeated cameroon 4 nil has mikel and it was his killer pass that birth the first goal for ighalo, shehu and musa master class birth the other assists from the wings

How old are you Oga ? It seems you've got a juvenile mindset
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Eizzy003:
Las Las na to pack your load go house

So they have to lose Bruno as penalty grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:33am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:
Bonucci 34
Chellini 36
Yilmaz 35

At least they announced their retirement

Apart from Moses and ighalo that’s how Nigerians will also dismiss other players when they are in their 30s ,as if playing football at such age is a crime

Balogun is just there because they know 33 is his real age

I will be waiting for our youngstars to hit 30 let me see what they will say

As for me ,I don’t care about your age as far as you are doing well you can be called

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:36am On Jun 12, 2021
Truidstar:

Yeah...this Italian team will not go far in this tournament.

Because of these players age or what ? If the Italian team won’t go far then they won’t ,but it’s not because of their age

Have you seen the age of the Portuguese defenders ??

I am sure people like you said same thing about the French and Italian teams then they both paraded old men at the 2006 World Cup .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:40am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Because of these players age or what ? If the Italian team won’t go far then they won’t ,but it’s not because of their age

Have you seen the age of the Portuguese defenders ??

I am sure people like you said same thing about the French and Italian teams then they both paraded old men at the 2006 World Cup .

The question should be where ate this guys playing? For someone playing for teams like porto, juventus, madrid etc in late 30s where he has to play more than 30 matches a season getting called up for the national team should not surprise anyone

Moreover lets say the truth thjs players are using their true age unlike one continent we all know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 6:41am On Jun 12, 2021
Base on report coming out of allnigeriasoccer.com A Top official of the nff said both Ademola lookman and Ovie Ejaria has not be cleared by the world football governing body FIFA to play for Nigeria as reported in Nigeria media and press .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:43am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

At least they announced their retirement

Apart from Moses and ighalo that’s how Nigerians will also dismiss other players when they are in their 30s ,as if playing football at such age is a crime

Balogun is just there because they know 33 is his real age

I will be waiting for our youngstars to hit 30 let me see what they will say

As for me ,I don’t care about your age as far as you are doing well you can be called

Which player is in their 30s doing so well for an elite team that have been ignored save for nwakeme who i think rohr dont fancy his play not because of his age if you ask me say way rohr don't fancy onyekuru,Ejike and others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:

We didn't annihilate cameroun in 2004 it was a hard fought game. 2.1. Also, the likes of odemwingie, kanu, okocha are retired so your arguments holds no weight. If Rohr knows what's good for him, he better convince ighalo and moses to rescind their decisions before its too late.
Ighalo and Moses have retired from international football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:46am On Jun 12, 2021
Damioduso1:
Base on report coming out of allnigeriasoccer.com A Top official of the nff said both Ademola lookman and Ovie Ejaria has not be cleared by the world football governing body FIFA to play for Nigeria as reported in Nigeria media and press .
I can't believe it takes more than a year to get get clearance from FIFA whereas the Jamaicans get cleared in less than 6 months from England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:46am On Jun 12, 2021
Damioduso1:

Thats their problem let it take a thousand years
The painful truth is that pinnick only cares about himself and not our football

With his connections in caf and fifa still cant push for the abolition of this wafu qualifying series for west Africa countries where either nigeria,ghana,senegal, ivory coast has to be sacrificed for only to qualify for under 17 men and female world cup

Same pinnick cant seek for means to fast track this switch even Aina switch didnt take this long

(1) (2) (3) ... (10799) (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: villagereporter(m), Truidstarr, ddone, dankorode(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.