Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687534 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:48am On Jun 12, 2021
Karlovych:
I can't believe it takes more than a year to get get clearance from FIFA whereas the Jamaicans get cleared in less than 6 months from England

It is the NFF bro those guys are clueless thats how our public institutions look all over because of the culture of putting round pegs in square holes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:51am On Jun 12, 2021
jihday:
I no dey like dishonest takes like this, the first 2 guys play for Juventus while the last guy just led his club to a league title in France. Ighalo couldn't even get to sit on the bench in Man Utd while Moses couldn't cut it with Conte who knows how to bring out the best in players who are past their prime.

I disagree with the guy you quoted ,but what you just said is pure trash and nonsense

Ighalo didn’t do badly at united when he arrived ,but you had to use the latter stages of his United career to talk down on him just because you want to make a point ,maybe you where expecting him to be scoring while on the bench or playing ahead of cavani when cavani arrived

As if any super eagles striker can play ahead of cavani in any team

Moses didn’t cut it with conte after winning the league with Chelsea as a starter at the wing back then still going on a short them loan with inter Milan and managing 12 games as a wing back with 5 assists still under same conte with just 416 minutes ?

Stop exposing your poor knowledge of the game all in the name of making a point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:51am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

It is the NFF bro those guys are clueless thats how our public institutions look all over because of the culture of putting round pegs in square holes

It's really disappointing, they can't use the pandemic as an excuse anymore as this is more than a year they submitted their request to switch to Nigeria. Even Ola Aina and Victor Moses didn't take this long
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:53am On Jun 12, 2021
marvin906:

If we get ashielgh into our defense remove some of those dead weights home based players, the falcons will be really strong..
As for ashielgh if she plays for the falcons the publicity will be mad..
Hope before September they can call her

Yeah you are right
It seems this foreign born ladies are more discrete in their pick for which country to turn out for unlike the guys who will be dilly-dailying prior coming to terms where their allegiance lies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

Which player is in their 30s doing so well for an elite team that have been ignored save for nwakeme who i think rohr dont fancy his play not because of his age if you ask me say way rohr don't fancy onyekuru,Ejike and others

Nwakaeme was ignored ,maybe because rohr doesn’t fancy him ,but majority of you here said he is too old so that alone have showed the mentality over players that are in their 30s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:55am On Jun 12, 2021
Karlovych:
It's really disappointing, they can't use the pandemic as an excuse anymore as this is more than a year they submitted their request to switch to Nigeria. Even Ola Aina and Victor Moses didn't take this long

I have seen some of this nff staffs many there got the job on the basis of man know man they are barely competent even pinnick is there for his political gains
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:56am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

The question should be where ate this guys playing? For someone playing for teams like porto, juventus, madrid etc in late 30s where he has to play more than 30 matches a season getting called up for the national team should not surprise anyone

Moreover lets say the truth thjs players are using their true age unlike one continent we all know

How many players do we have in Europe top teams ?

My broda if you are in your 30s and playing well in your club and that club happens to be Newcastle you should be able to fight for a super eagles shirt ,it doesn’t need to be Porto Barca Chelsea and co

We are not Portugal Brazil ,we are Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:57am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

I have seen some of this nff staffs many there got the job on the basis of man know man they are barely competent even pinnick is there for his political gains
it's terrible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:58am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Nwakaeme was ignored ,maybe because rohr doesn’t fancy him ,but majority of you here said he is too old so that alone have showed the mentality over players that are in their 30s

None will reject a very good player still cutting it because of his age except folks that know football

Nwakeme is just there not exceptional probably those who dont fancy him do so because age is not on his side as regard the super eagles rebuilding project
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:58am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So they have to lose Bruno as penalty grin

I even begin wonder when somebody dey bear penalty for dem set,

My mind no even enter say e fit be Bruno
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Karlovych:
I don't understand why he is clamouring for their return, it's not like they play in top leagues. Moses is at Spartak Moscow of all places while Ighalo is in Saudi Arabia

Moses and ighalo has retired and its good they stay retired and we need to respect that

But trust me you have no right to describe spartak Moscow as a club of all places while being a super eagles supporter

You where making sense till that part .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

None will reject a very good player still cutting it because of his age except folks that know football

Nwakeme is just there not exceptional probably those who dont fancy him do so because age is not on his side as regard the super eagles rebuilding project

There is also nothing exceptional about the wingers in the team also

We only have exceptional strikers ,Wilfred ndidi ,xaidu sanusi ,the rest are just there

No Cap

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:03am On Jun 12, 2021
Karlovych:
it's terrible

It is bro. Still remember how well the Nigeria league was growing so fast in 2003 to the extent that the Epl came for partnership,even then GLO and MTN start fighting for who will be the sole sponsor. Enyeama made some continental truimphs...one should expect by now the league should have leap in bounds but still the way it is even worse off

I have said it the reason why we are even voicing out here on players to invite and play for eagles is becauss of Rohr his team call up still fair a little bit if he was an indigenous coach his lists would have questionable wit the nff vultures foisting their players on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

There is also nothing exceptional about the wingers in the team also

We only have exceptional strikers ,Wilfred ndidi ,xaidu sanusi ,the rest are just there

No Cap

The super eagles is made up of average players even sanusi you mentioned we just hope they grow or improve their game as they age

Rohr inability to organise this team tactically is the problem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:06am On Jun 12, 2021
jargooflife912:
The 3 of them are playing in the Top 5 league in Europe where is Ighalo and V Moses playing?

Victor Moses and ighalo are retired

But when victor Moses was doing well for world class teams like inter and Chelsea did you manage to give him any praise for once ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

The super eagles is made up of average players even sanusi you mentioned we just hope they grow or improve their game as they age

Rohr inability to organise this team tactically is the problem

Yes ,sanusi is still average but I just believe he will improve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Because of these players age or what ? If the Italian team won’t go far then they won’t ,but it’s not because of their age

Have you seen the age of the Portuguese defenders ??

I am sure people like you said same thing about the French and Italian teams then they both paraded old men at the 2006 World Cup .

Not because of age. My personal opinion and observation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2021
One of the beauty of this present super eagles team is their support, unity and hailing of one another. You will often find a present super eagles player praising and celebrating each other on Twitter and Instagram. It's such a breath of fresh air considering what happened in the mid 90's. At the end of the day, na trophy we want
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:53am On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:
One of the beauty of this present super eagles team is their support, unity and hailing of one another. You will often find a present super eagles player praising and celebrating each other on Twitter and Instagram. It's such a breath of fresh air considering what happened in the mid 90's. At the end of the day, na trophy we want
Large man pls what happened in the 90s?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:13am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

Any small thing, na NFF guys, owning Rohr salary, na NFF guys, eagles loss, NFF guys,

NFF guys dis NFF guys DAT, na look ah just dey look you since
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:19am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Victor Moses and ighalo are retired

But when victor Moses was doing well for world class teams like inter and Chelsea did you manage to give him any praise for once ?

No mind dem, ova sabi dey worry peson, even wen that Ole, wit em small pikin killer face, dey bench Iggy unjustly, dem no go talk,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Kog45:
Large man pls what happened in the 90s?

The 90's eagles is probably the most talented SE team assembled thus far but individually, they were selfish and divided to the extent that we had various mafia and sub group in that team. Infact, it was so bad that they allegedly gang up not to pass the ball to yekini. Fortunately for them, they won 2 trophies Anc and Olympics so everyone will forget what happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
do4luv14:

Any small thing, na NFF guys, owning Rohr salary, na NFF guys, eagles loss, NFF guys,

NFF guys dis NFF guys DAT, na look ah just dey look you since

Who is suppose to follow and speed track the switch of those guys If not the NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2021
humility33:

I don't think is only NFF,
I suspect the English FA,
and the players themselves not showing enough seriousness and willingness .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2021
Napoleon55:

Rohr is a funny man. I hope he does blame our lack of creative midfielders or any failure In future competition s on the fact that we can't get some foreign borns to play for us. That will be a lame excuse. Rohr shy be able to do soy with what he has. He has enough personal to build a good midfield or team.
I just hope he gets ovie ejaria so he won't have any excuses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How many players do we have in Europe top teams ?

My broda if you are in your 30s and playing well in your club and that club happens to be Newcastle you should be able to fight for a super eagles shirt ,it doesn’t need to be Porto Barca Chelsea and co

We are not Portugal Brazil ,we are Nigeria
Someone playing in Saudi Arabia nkur ?
I still hear Victor Moses own o, but Shey u see ighalo ehn, he is no more needed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2021
Why are we even debating about these players sef, when we have someone who is tactically inefficient as a coach.
Make Ronald and messi play for Nigeria with rohr as coach, baba will still look for one excuse why Nigeria can't win a trophy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2021
Toylove:

Someone playing in Saudi Arabia nkur ?
I still hear Victor Moses own o, but Shey u see ighalo ehn, he is no more needed
I am not supporting anyone playing in Saudi bro

Victor Moses and ighalo have retired from international football .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

At least they announced their retirement

Apart from Moses and ighalo that’s how Nigerians will also dismiss other players when they are in their 30s ,as if playing football at such age is a crime

Balogun is just there because they know 33 is his real age

I will be waiting for our youngstars to hit 30 let me see what they will say

As for me ,I don’t care about your age as far as you are doing well you can be called
I want to learn today, which player still playing at the highest level and in good form was discarded from the SE because of age?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2021
These aforementioned gentlemen are still playing at the highest level of football unlike Ighalo and Victor Moses at the moment.

Nigerians only dismiss old or experienced players when they start underperforming. Ahmed Musa is very experienced and has even performed better than Ighalo in most tournaments for us but today we are complaining why he is in the team because his current output is nothing to write home about. Do you think if guys like Okocha, Oliseh and Finidi were playing today like they did in the 90s and 2000s we wouldn't want them in the team despite their age?

We should always argue for top performers not just experience in our team. If we have someone that has both fantastic.

12large1:
Bonucci 34
Chellini 36
Yilmaz 35

But Nigeria wants to dismiss its legend like victor moses and ighalo at 30 and 31 respectively. Our obsession with dismissing in form experienced players nor be small
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Napoleon55:

This Ademola lookman and Ovie Ejaria FIFA clearance is taking 2 to 3 years now since 2019 up till now FIFA never clear them. But the same FIFA just cleared Harrick Laporte to play for Spain for this euro championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
12large1:
Everyday I will be posting guys in their mid 30's playing in this euros

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.