Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11599315 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10815) (10816) (10817) (10818) (10819) (10820) (10821) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
That second goal really peppered them. But you really have to feel for Hungary.

Lol... they're just jealous of C. RONALDO
Me cant wait for Argentina to play Uruguay,Brazil in this copa america
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:14am On Jun 17, 2021
Icon4s:

No. It was used as an early trade language between the locals and Europeans : Mostly English and Portuguese. It is a mixture of English, local dialects and some little Portuguese.

I doubt if it was used by the Portuguese remember the Portuguese arrived west africa before the brits and even oba esigie was the first to speak a foreign language- Portuguese in Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2021
Danielnino00:

One good thing about this Portugal team is that they aren't building their game around Ronaldo...They know that he is old and isn't skillful again, but is still a lethal finisher...
Unlike Argentina that have been burdening Messi for years...

This Portugal team will go far in the tournament for sure..
Portugal, Belgium and France are my top 3 favorite to win the tournament..

Please add italy they're like the Portugal of the last tournament very organised and players are top notch

Me cant wait for England to play any of this four teams
The hype around kelvin philips is so annoying

They've been calling him thr Yorkshire pirlo one article even said he's gonna be the best young player in the tourney when Czech wizkid Patrick schik is there.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Agreed bro

They are top 2 favorites to win this competition

Bro pls lets add Italy with the way they play
They're to be taken serious

I have this feeling that Germany might not make it out of the group or better as 3rd best team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2021
humility33:

Bro pls lets add Italy with the way they play
They're to be taken serious

I have this feeling that Germany might not make it out of the group or better as 3rd best team

Omo Italy good ooo

I forgot to mention Italy jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2021
humility33:

Please add italy they're like the Portugal of the last tournament very organised and players are top notch

They've been calling him thr Yorkshire pirlo one article even said he's gonna be the best young player in the tourney when Czech wizkid Patrick schik is there.

Italy are also favorite for the cup..but I don't think their squad depth is as good as the aforementioned 3 teams ..

As for England, na normal level... They will hype and hype themselves every tournament only to come back sooner... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2021
For those who didn't stay up to see our girls

USA vs Super Falcons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unk2tdxO6D4

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2021
humility33:

Kelvin phillips is not better than 18 year old pedri

England like hyping average players

You wont hear noise about locatelli ooo, a player that has been good from when he was 18 at his ac millan days and has been doing so well in italy 2 games so far , but you will hear a hype about a player who just played his first season in top flight football all because he is starting for england

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2021
humility33:

Lol..
Don't mind messi fans

I am so sure Argentina wont make it pass this Portugal group if they were in this euros

Argentina is not that a good team compared to portugal

Even a blind man knows portugal is a far better team than argentina

Its not about being a messi fan self, portugal where off till the 80min plus and hungary did well

Argentina wont make it pass because france and portugal is better than them and its simple. even germany might be kicked out, next game will tell sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2021
Icon4s:

Pidgin English was introduced to the West Coast of Africa by the Portuguese. It is widely spoken amongst the English speaking west African countries.

The Liberian Pidgin is even closer to the type of Pidgin spoken in Lagos grin

That is not true. Liberian Pidgin English is never close to the type of Pidgin English spoken in Lagos except they had lived in Nigeria before. Only people from Sierra Leone & closely Ghana, speaks the Pidgin English close to that spoken in Lagos. Even their intonation or accent is very close. Anyone can google ''Oku People (Sierra Leone)'' for more insight.
Beloved3:

That's quite interesting.

But I think the Liberian pidgin sounds very wierd.
Unlike the Sierra Leonian guys, they don't use lingos like 'I dey go', 'We go win' etc. Our pidgin is probably closer to the S'Leonians.

Look what I found in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83RyMeXyQBc
I agree with you bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Kelvin phillips is not better than 18 year old pedri

England like hyping average players

You wont hear noise about locatelli ooo, a player that has been good from when he was 18 at his ac millan days and has been doing so well in italy 2 games so far , but you will hear a hype about a player who just played his first season in top flight football all because he is starting for england
Oga shut up you guys don’t just like anything English on this thread. If you watch Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, you would know he is very good, no be only Pedri, tho Pedri self good but no dey talk say Kalvin no better pass am abi Kalvin no good, the guy na very good baller and Pedri too is good

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2021
zoboizee:

That is not true. Liberian Pidgin English is never close to the type of Pidgin English spoken in Lagos except they had lived in Nigeria before. Only people from Sierra Leone & closely Ghana, speaks the Pidgin English close to that spoken in Lagos. Even their intonation or accent is very close. Anyone can google ''Oku People (Sierra Leone)'' for more insight.

I agree with you bro.
You are right bro. They use many lingos like our. Padi, comot, I dey come etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9p9gtLsPt4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Oga shut up you guys don’t just like anything English on this thread. If you watch Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, you would know he is very good, no be only Pedri, tho Pedri self good but no dey talk say Kalvin no better pass am abi Kalvin no good, the guy na very good baller and Pedri too is good
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

E pain you

Well i praised kelvin phillip after the 1-0 against croatia if you where here

Even your fellow chelsea fans in the chelsea fan section knows they are overrated

Pedri is better than kelvin phillips i repeat, both of them played their first season in the top flight football and the 18 year old did better

Go hit your head for wall for my opinion,

Transfermarket was not stupid to rate pedri at 70 million euros

So its not you guys doesn't like anything english, but i was the only one before that doesnt like english so how come you are referring so many of us now just because we share the same opinion ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
For those who didn't stay up to see our girls

USA vs Super Falcons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unk2tdxO6D4
2nd goal!! What was d GK thinking
Another Vanzekin vs Argentina, 2008 Olympics. Mtcheeew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Actman05: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E pain you

Even your fellow chelsea fans in the chelsea fan section knows they are overrated

Pedri is better than kelvin phillips i repeat, both of them played their first season in the top flight football and the 18 year old did better

So its not you guys doesn't like anything english, but i was the only one before that doesnt like english so how come you are referring so many of us now just because we share the same opinion ?

Sorry but you are comparing Philips a DM to Pedri an AM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:12am On Jun 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E pain you

Alaye no dey overhype this Pedri cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2021
Icon4s:

No. It was used as an early trade language between the locals and Europeans : Mostly English and Portuguese. It is a mixture of English, local dialects and some little Portuguese.

IDENNAA is right... it was used by "returnee slaves" who the bri:tish wanted to use to replace indi:genes in Lagos..

it is "pidgin English" not "pidgin Portuguese".. the Portuguese aspect is as a result of the "returnee slaves" been from Brazil..

europeans never ever traded with Africans especially West Africans...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
humility33:

Humility baba let England hype no be here we dey call our players CARPENTER.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Actman05:

Sorry but you are comparing Philips a DM to Pedri an AM.

Pedri is also a central midfielder and played there many times for Barcelona

Phillip is a dm but can play as a central midfielder

The comparison is not necessary but it’s very possible

I am just trying to let them know that they hype English player too much ,pedri hasn’t been hyped anywhere despite what he has been doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Alaye no dey overhype this Pedri cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Actman05: 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Pedri is also a central midfielder and played there many times for Barcelona

Phillip is a dm but can play as a central midfielder

The comparison is not necessary but it’s very possible

I am just trying to let them know that they hype English player too much ,pedri hasn’t been hyped anywhere despite what he has been doing

You've said it already, the comparison isn't necessary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
So gattuso left Fiorentina after 23 days in charge ?

Wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Abbas Ibrahim, Central midfielder (23 y/o), extends his contract with Portuguese Topflight side, Pacos de Ferreira till 2023/24 season.

Pacos will play European football next season (2021/22).

Congrats Abbas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
22 days after he was appointed. He hasn't even met the squad.

They couldn't agree on transfers strategy and plans so they part ways.

andrewbaba44:
So gattuso left Fiorentina after 23 days in charge ?

Wow

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
dozai:

2nd goal!! What was d GK thinking
Another Vanzekin vs Argentina, 2008 Olympics. Mtcheeew

She was indecisive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
22 days after he was appointed. He hasn't even met the squad.

They couldn't agree on transfers strategy and plans so they part ways.

Chai too bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Former Barcelona fullback Gbenga Okunowo has underlined that 2016 Olympics bronze medalist Umar Sadiq should join a La Liga team where he is assured of playing time.

The lanky striker is a subject of interest from two of the so-called big five clubs in La Liga in the shape of Sevilla and Valencia after a banner season that saw him score a remarkable 28 goals in 56 games combined for Partizan Belgrade and Almeria.

Though Sadiq has a release clause of 60 million euros, Almeria are willing to discuss with clubs who offer as from 20 million euros to sign their prized jewel.

Asked which of the clubs he would prefer Sadiq to join, Okunowo told allnigeriasoccer.com : "It depends on him because he can play against these teams in the Copa Del Rey, sometimes La Liga teams have games against Segunda Division clubs in the Cup.

"Sadiq is in this country and knows about the teams. It is good for him to move to one of the teams that suits his game.

"I don't advise him to go where he will have problems being in the first team. You may be able to play in Barcelona and Benfica but you go to another club and you don't fit into their system.

"Your price tag will go down if you don't play for your club".

Okunowo went on to reveal what Sadiq stands to benefit from joining either Sevilla or Valencia.

"Sevilla is a good club, it is one of the strong teams in Spain and they always try to win something, go to Champions League or Europa League.

"It is a team that everybody respects. If you have to play them you have to sit tight.

"Valencia for some years they have looked shaky but Valencia too is good and it is good for a young player to play there so if he wants to make a good name as a young player he can play there."

Okunowo was a key member of the Super Eagles squad that reached the final of the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations, he also represented Nigeria at the U20 World Cup and Olympic Games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
Samuel Chukwueze can secure a move to a bigger club by performing for Nigeria at the African Cup of Nations in 2022.

That is according to Super Eagles legendary winger Tijani Babangida.

The 22-year-old has established himself as one of the world's brightest young talents playing in La Liga with Villarreal.

Chukwueze has made over 110 appearances in three seasons in Spain, and helped Villarreal win the Europa League final over Manchester United this past campaign.

A left-footed who plays on the right wing, Chukwueze's frightening pace and nifty footwork has made him a nightmare proposition for opposition fullbacks.

His unique ability has attracted the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City.

And Babangida, who spent five years at Ajax, believes the sky's the limit for Chukwueze.

"I believe that Samuel Chukwueze is a very talented player and still very young," he told TribalFootball.com.

"If you see the way he plays, you will see that the sky can only be his limit. I hope he remains very fit, without injuries so that he can continue to do well at Villareal or possibly move to a bigger club."

Babangida believes a stellar performance for Nigeria at AFCON, due to start in January 2022, could be just what Chukwueze needs to take the next step in his promising career.

He added: "The AFCON is coming up in Cameroon and if he continues to perform well for club and country, I think Chukwueze is likely to move to a bigger club and he has the quality to play in England."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ebuehi to return to Benfica after Twente was unable to secure a permanent deal...

https://twitter.com/vanwissing/status/1404860432393949188?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1404860432393949188%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsoccernet.ng%2F2021%2F06%2Freport-super-eagles-star-to-leave-dutch-club.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Leicester have made a bid for Patson Daka and are also chasing Eduard

Iheanacho has some big competition next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:
Leicester have made a bid for Patson Daka and are also chasing Eduard

Iheanacho has some big competition next season
The best news of the day. This time, it will be him and another African battling it out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10815) (10816) (10817) (10818) (10819) (10820) (10821) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Samueltemi337(m), Marjoribanks, elyte89 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.