Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11608010 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10816) (10817) (10818) (10819) (10820) (10821) (10822) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
According to respected Spanish sports daily AS, Russian Premier League giants Spartak Moscow have made a bid to sign Nigerian striker Umar Sadiq but Almeria's asking price has not been met.

Spartak made a bid of sixteen million euros (approximately N7.68b) plus bonuses for the services of Sadiq who mustered 28 goals and provided nine assists in 56 matches combined for Almeria and Partizan Belgrade over the course of the 2020-2021 season.

Spartak Moscow are scouring Europe for a striker with the future of Jordan Larsson, the son of Sweden legend Henrik Larsson up in the air, and have identified Sadiq as the top target to replace the former Barcelona youth-teamer.

The second foreign club showing serious interest to sign the 2016 Olympics bronze medalist is Eintracht Frankfurt.

The German Bundesliga outfit's offer included 18 million euros (N8.64b) transfer fees plus bonuses.

Eintracht Frankfurt are looking at signing a replacement for Luka Jović who is heading back to Real Madrid following the expiration of his loan spell, while their top scorer last season André Silva is on the radar of several European teams.

The two offers from Spartak Moscow and Eintracht Frankfurt have been deemed insufficient by Almeria who value the Nigerian as from 30 million euros though he has a release clause of 60 million euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
charlesemeka85:
According to respected Spanish sports daily AS, Russian Premier League giants Spartak Moscow have made a bid to sign Nigerian striker Umar Sadiq but Almeria's asking price has not been met.

Spartak made a bid of sixteen million euros (approximately N7.68b) plus bonuses for the services of Sadiq who mustered 28 goals and provided nine assists in 56 matches combined for Almeria and Partizan Belgrade over the course of the 2020-2021 season.

Spartak Moscow are scouring Europe for a striker with the future of Jordan Larsson, the son of Sweden legend Henrik Larsson up in the air, and have identified Sadiq as the top target to replace the former Barcelona youth-teamer.

The second foreign club showing serious interest to sign the 2016 Olympics bronze medalist is Eintracht Frankfurt.

The German Bundesliga outfit's offer included 18 million euros (N8.64b) transfer fees plus bonuses.

Eintracht Frankfurt are looking at signing a replacement for Luka Jović who is heading back to Real Madrid following the expiration of his loan spell, while their top scorer last season André Silva is on the radar of several European teams.

The two offers from Spartak Moscow and Eintracht Frankfurt have been deemed insufficient by Almeria who value the Nigerian as from 30 million euros though he has a release clause of 60 million euros.

He needs to remain in Spain. Spartak Moscow is a big club but he can do better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nice to see all of our players come back home to greet their Governors and fellow countrypersons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
For those who didn't stay up to see our girls

USA vs Super Falcons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unk2tdxO6D4

These highlights flatter us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Leicester has signed Patson Daka

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:

He will replace Jammie Vardy. Iheanacho is a support striker and so he will pair iheanacho in attack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
charlesemeka85:

God please no. He needs to stay away from Russia. He should only be leaving Spain for Ligue Un or Bundesliga. Heck I'd prefer a championship team to going to Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:
Leicester have made a bid for Patson Daka and are also chasing Eduard

Iheanacho has some big competition next season
I think it's one or the other, not both. I'm not surprised they've picked Daka...I don't think Edouard - Nacho would be a good partnership.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:

Very Good signing

But bros its not yet official nah ,it has been posted no where

Anyway make I Dey observe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Am I the only one who thinks Nathan Ake Looks a lot like Rudy Guillit

Bascovanvelli Thesupernerd danielnino

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
edi287:

I think it's one or the other, not both. I'm not surprised they've picked Daka...I don't think Edouard - Nacho would be a good partnership.

I think they picked Daka because Salzburg was easier to negotiate and Daka is very much like Vardy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
edi287:

About Eduard I think he is much more intelligent than Daka but Iheanacho would benefit more from Daka's runs and pressing the defenders

So a good signing for Iheanacho grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

IDENNAA is right... it was used by "returnee slaves" who the bri:tish wanted to use to replace indi:genes in Lagos..

it is "pidgin English" not "pidgin Portuguese".. the Portuguese aspect is as a result of the "returnee slaves" been from Brazil..

europeans never ever traded with Africans especially West Africans...

Do you know there are some Portuguese words in the Pidgin English? What do you think is the Origin of a word like "Palava"?

Early European Traders' interaction with locals along the coast of West Africa brought about the interractions in Pidgin English.

Modified: Google is your friend. And when did the returnee slaves arrive the West Coast of Africa? Late 18th to Early 19th century. So before the returnee slaves arrived, the Pidgin English was already being spoken in West Africa, since the 17th Century.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:

I think they picked Daka because Salzburg was easier to negotiate and Daka is very much like Vardy
Exactly. Edouard is good but he doesn't make those runs in behind as much as Vardy does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Subzero047:

About Eduard I think he is much more intelligent than Daka but Iheanacho would benefit more from Daka's runs and pressing the defenders

So a good signing for Iheanacho grin
Lool yep no doubt. Leicester's scouting is great man. Soumare and Daka.
I'm sure they're already looking at someone like Olise or perraira. Proper team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
edi287:

Exactly. Edouard is good but he doesn't make those runs in behind as much as Vardy does.

Yea he is a little bit similar to Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Is it safe to say Iheanacho won’t warm the bench next season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2021
Surebaba01:
yes
surly he will we all know rodgers don't like him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magnoliaa(f): 2:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Beloved3:

UARians and their sense of entitlement. cheesy

Or you plan on ignoring me...FOREVER?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Kelechi Nwakali was nominated for Spanish media site, Fondo Segunda's Revelation of La Liga Smartbank 20/21.

Getting more attention from good sections of the Spanish media. Testament to how well he really fared for Alcorcón this past season.

https://twitter.com/FondoSegunda/status/1405582365783638022?s=19

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10am On Jun 18, 2021
Sadiq Umar was also nominated for Fondo Segunda's MVP award and Best Forward award.

Two nominations for Sadiq. Further testament to the brilliant season he had in La Liga Smartbank which is also not lost on Spanish football followers.

Destined for a big move this summer.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:31am On Jun 18, 2021
The Signing of Patson Daka by Leicester is aimed at providing direct Cover/replacement for Jamie Vardy. He's kinda similar to Vardy as he plays off the shoulders of defenders, is a willing runner and pretty fast.
Iheanacho is a more withdrawn forward/striker whose best partner is a strong pressing forward like Vardy. He is the best SS in the team and one of the best SS right now in England. Also, their top scorer from this past season in all competitions.

So with all these said, yes, it's safe to say Iheanacho will not be seeing much of the bench next season. Barring any injuries, it is very likely he starts on August 14 vs Wolves.

In a nutshell, Daka joining could be an added blessing for Nacho. Rodgers will have better attacking depth and could decide to play either Vardy-Nacho combo or Nacho-Daka combo (when he rests Vardy).

On a flip note, I'm happy for Daka. It's a good move and definitely one of the finest young strikers from Africa that I rate real good.

Surebaba01:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08am On Jun 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Am I the only one who thinks Nathan Ake Looks a lot like Rudy Guillit

Bascovanvelli Thesupernerd danielnino

Lol... No man, you're not alone. The resemblance have been spotted for a long while now. wink Since around 2013 or so when Ake was still in the Chelsea youth set-up (Academy).

Ake is indeed a younger doppelganger of Gullit.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:43am On Jun 18, 2021
This is an article on Klelechi nwakali from the respected fondosegunda website.
His profile is rising everyday. Even spanish football circles
have started respecting him. This article was translated from spanish

KELECHI NWAKALI, THE TOTEM OF SANTO DOMINGO
BY ÁLEX GESTO03 / 05/20211530
COMPARTIR:

As the days go by, the different fans of LaLiga SmartBank teams can assess and draw conclusions from the different additions to the winter market. Those pieces designed to reinforce those weak points that may manifest themselves during the first round. Some additions that come with the incentive and incentive to operate and fix various leaks. The case of Nwakali is the one that works as soon as it falls in winter. The Alcorcón de Anquela, whose dynamics were bad, achieved with his arrival a plus for all the senses of the game. His signing has served to grow and regain breath. An arrival that has surprised everyone with its magnificent performance. Let's see why.

The Alcorcón de Anquela, after a start that served to lift them up and take them out of the descent, was losing steam as the days went by. Faced with structural failures, such as the lack of a scorer, they went to the market. The search was not fruitless, since the arrival of a piece of the level of Kelechi Nwakali has served to cement and solidify the positional game of Alcorcón. The footballer on loan from Huesca has marked a before and after in the performance of his team. With Nwakali everything has become much easier.

A totemic link for the Alcorcón

The variety of registers makes Nwakali a true totem for the potter's set. Anquela, with the presence of the Nigerian, wins in practically every aspect of the game. Kelechi is a right-handed midfielder who serves as a bridge to what happens between the center-backs and the most offensive footballers. A name of value in the offensive phase, for the ability to adhere to both parts of the scheme when the ball passes through their feet. Capital in his interventions, due to his good precision and the different passing ranges that he handles.

In addition to that good work in the technical, when receiving and combining. his dynamism is an obvious potential in his football. His stride and snatch are virtues that add a lot to the progression in his team's possessions. Height, speed and lightness available to pottery possessions. Some features that also allow him to have arrival and even appear in the vicinity of the rival area, leaving his usual position - closer to the central circle. Total mobility

Cement for Anchor
Nwakali, on the other hand, is not out of step when it comes to defensive capabilities. Take advantage of that mobility and that virtuosity in the physical to be an excellent corrector. It adds balance to the potter's game, closing gaps, marking the man and working hard in the pressure sections. His work carries a lot of weight in Anquela's team because it relieves the most offensive players of workloads. It compensates for the risks your team takes.

Read | Who is the best winter signing?
In less positional situations, Nwakali performs with the same skill and effectiveness. He has legs to aid in retreats and counterattacks. Defensively, it can be said that his work helps Alcorcón have superiorities with advanced defense. In offense, his work is important due to the speed that he can give the ball while driving or because of the offers he can make towards the rival area.

An arrival to dream
Kelechi's performance is being transcendent because of how much power he has in the game model and because of the critical moment in which he has done it. In just a few months he has become a capital footballer in the aspirations of AD Alcorcón. His form is very relevant in the team's reaction in this second round, which is gradually approaching the places of salvation. Work worth its weight in points in Santo Domingo.

Nwakali
Nwakali hits the ball in a match with Alcorcón | Ser string

Anquela clings to realities like the Nigerian to hurry and get a stay. The bonus that his incorporation has entailed, along with that of Xisco Jiménez and Dani Ojeda, have been cause for celebration in the potter team. The sports management has been successful with their arrivals and has managed to strengthen a squad that was falling in the positions of the red lantern.

We will see if the results accompany explosions like Kelechi's, which are very useful throughout the matches. Such has been his performance that many speak of his possible fit in Huesca on 21/22. What is clear is that the Nigerian's totemic figure is a prominent protagonist in the second round of LaLiga SmartBank. A signing that smells and opposes a permanence.

TheSuperNerd:
Kelechi Nwakali was nominated for Spanish media site, Fondo Segunda's Revelation of La Liga Smartbank 20/21.

Getting more attention from good sections of the Spanish media. Testament to how well he really fared for Alcorcón this past season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 18, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Obviously, you're older and mature. And... I kind of expect you to be man enough or adult enough, or whatever it is, to give me an explanation as to why you'd try to troll me or bump up my posts history. That is very, very... I don't know. Sinister. Manipulative. Yes. I'm not interested in derailing this thread as well. I know it's a respectful thread, and I have a friend I respect here, too, so I figured we could straighten things out here with nobody going crazy.

I really could not give a damn about you cleaning anything up... Now what for? This is so me not being defensive, lmao.

And you said fun? Lmao. You don't give me fun vibes. No. Far from it. I argue with people a lot. Did I maybe puncture your ego during one of such? That you dedicated yourself to hounding me and whipping up personal things about me and kikiing. I don't appreciate that. And your apologies don't cut it.

You talk about your age. Should you not act it?

And this... what I'm doing is in no way a conciliatory act at all... Far from it.

Why are you so interested in 'cracking' the person behind the moniker, LMAO? Whyy? You asked me if I was shocked when you mentioned my name. That and many other comments you made gave your intent away. And you keep saying so many things about, oh, I know this is who you are, oh, you like to act like this and you don't like this being done to you. Like, seriously?? ?? I mean. Wtff. Toh.

So, oya, this is me being whoever...the floor is yours to do all you want to and say, and scratch out and pick brain... whatever.

I am very tenacious when it comes to giving my attention to something, by the way. And I don't back down. Not until I achieve what I set out to do. I literally can deal with this, or anything in a myriad of ways... so fogerrit if this seem 'un-normal.' How I am even being "analytical" when it comes to internet trolling. Lol. It's me.

I wanna be a researcher, amongst other things. I especially love to understand how and watch humans behave. (See, you're knowing things about me). So, explain your acts to me... just everything. Anyhow, any way. . .

And you should know I am not going to do anything through your e-mails... In a bid to not like blow things up... Or link up with you, if that's what's you're/were thinking somehow. Hell to the no. If you really wanted to know me offline, you wouldn't have gone through that route you initially took. This is me thinking you even care. That's a big F up (in my books). And it cannot be fixed.

Let's troll intellectually. Ehenn. That's the phrase.

I'm not sweeping this under anything... you should know by now I take things seriously. And I'm not just letting this go. I've quoted so many of your responses? What'll happen to them? You wanna go personal with Magi? This is it.

I. WANT. TO. KNOW.

Don't pull out under the pretext of putting everything behind.

Person don pot black ball for the wrong pocket.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:52am On Jun 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Good for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:55am On Jun 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... No man, you're not alone. The resemblance have been spotted for a long while now. wink Since around 2013 or so when Ake was still in the Chelsea youth set-up (Academy).

Ake is indeed a younger doppelganger of Gullit.

You know I have always shared this thought too.

The resemblance is so striking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10816) (10817) (10818) (10819) (10820) (10821) (10822) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Bbdot(m), CornOak(m), komekn(m), opes and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.