Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11597412 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10831) (10832) (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes, but you brought it up again to "further establish" it only because he bagged MOTM award yesterday in his first Major Tournament. That's why I made reference to Chuks' first tournament too.

And like you, ofcos I agree Saka was not expected to make the final cut but Providence happened and he made it.

Also, Southgate needed a spark after England's lacklustre displays so far and he turned to Saka (and not even Sancho) and the lad bagged MOTM. That is very good for him.

But don't you think this puts question marks over the "actual" quality of wingers England have got at this Euros rather than on whether Saka trumps even Finidi of old? Why would they need a Saka to provide creativity if England is so stacked for creativity in the other options they have in Foden, Sancho, Sterling, Rashford, etc? See where I am going?

Some coaches are like that nah ,maybe southgate preferred saka ,that doesn’t make him better than sancho or foden as we all know

Joachim low took average Julian Brandt to the 2018 World Cup and drop a far better Leroy Sané

Southgate doesn’t like sancho and low doesn’t like sane ,dude is even starting harvetz ahead of Sané despite sane returning to the bundesliga because low mostly rate players in the German league ahead of others

As a coach I won’t even start saka ahead of sancho ,no matter what
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2021
12large1:
The problem is that Nigerians totally disregard maladministration, incompetence from NFF and expect coaches to perform despite the aforementioned. For examples, Rohr and players salaries are owed in arrears yet we expect him to have the motivation, desire and belief in his team or work. We must first organize ourselves (Administration wise) Coaching at grassroots level, pay players salaries on time, Organize our league to a decent level. Then, fans can be mandating and expecting a world class performance from super eagles. Anything contrary, we should accept whatever we get. You fail to pay your coach for 6 months and you expect him to even be motivated to work

What i don't understand is why should it be that Equaveon and Aigbogun be assigned to coach those home based guys ?why not Yobo?

This pinnick guy have gone to made coaches appointment to be based on sentiment and not competence

Especially aigbogun that failed wit the under 20 side and he is still failing. There is nothing good about those coaches even yobo self he got his job based on man know man

I am sure they belong to same cult wit Pinnick he said it before he is a freemason in one of his post i read
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He should be able to start nah

Better player no Dey watford

Andy forget it...the talent is there but very few amongst this lads are ready to put in work

Talent is not enough anymore you must work extra hard. I DOUBT if many of nigeria players recognise this

Keshi said it then that durinh the 90s in the super eagles that u barely sleep because of the possibility of someone coming from nowhere to take your place in the team,then they put extra work in training

This generation of footballers see partying,clubbing and all as the top of life

Just imagine success with his talent at Granada dude came to epl and start misbehaving. Just the way Chuks play at Villarreal Success was at Granada but what now happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Former Flying Eagles coach Paul Aigbogun picked the controversial 25-man squad of NPFL players who will take on Mexico in a friendly next month, just as officials informed SCORENigeria that the team will be led by NFF technical director and former Super Eagles coach Austin Eguavoen.

Eguavoen will be in charge of the team with Aigbogun serving as his assistant, an official disclosed.

Curiously, Super Eagles assistant coach Joseph Yobo has not been mentioned as part of this arrangement.

Yobo status in the national team remains very uncertain after his absence at the Super Eagles recent friendlies against Cameroon in Austria could not be explained.

It was gathered that scouting in the NFF technical department falls under Aigbogun and the former Enyimba and Warri Wolves coach has also undertaken scouting missions for NPFL stars for Gernot Rohr.

Questions have raged over the merit or otherwise of a good number of the call-ups for the July 3 friendly against Mexico in Los Angeles.

Rohr himself appears to have “washed his hands” off the team after he insisted he was “only an adviser” and will not be the one to lead them out against Mexico, who are ranked 11th in the world by FIFA.

I don't expect much from a know failure wit the under 20 team

It is such a pity that this coaches wit no sound knowledge of football are getting the nod ahead of competent ones like finidi,ogunbote, amuneke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Former Arsenal winger Xavier Amaechi has been released by Hamburg.

The Hamburger Abendblatt reports the 20-year-old Englishman was released from training to hold talks with other clubs.

Amaechi spent part of last season on-loan with Karlsruher SC.

In the summer of 2019, Hamburg paid 2.5 million euros for the winger, making Amaechi the second most expensive purchase since relegation to the second division.

But the left-sided winger has struggled to make an impact over these two years with HSV.

This Ameachi guy was good then.... he can make succints passes of the ball and good ball control

Well i wish him well and i know when he starts play well now he will start saying he wanna play for 3 Lions thats their dream very few of them wanna play for nigeria and it is because they're currently not good enough for the 3 Lions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2021
Well, for sure but using this Euros alone, we have to admit that Saka have had better Impact in one game than Foden have had in two games and I am a fan of Foden's huge talents. Doesn't make him better all of a sudden, I agree, but impact is to be commended/praised.

Coaches will always have one or two biases. Bottomline is if those decisions pay off or backfires. For England yesterday, it looks like Southgate picking Saka ahead of Sancho paid off.

Anyway, England will meet one of France, Portugal or Germany in the Round of 16. Their reward for finishing 1st is a date with whoever finishes second in the Euros group of Death grin

Let them get ready to show their "qualities" there coz it's really gonna be crazy tough from now on.

andrewbaba44:

Some coaches are like that nah ,maybe southgate preferred saka ,that doesn’t make him better than sancho or foden as we all know

Joachim low took average Julian Brandt to the 2018 World Cup and drop a far better Leroy Sané

Southgate doesn’t like sancho and low doesn’t like sane ,dude is even starting harvetz ahead of Sané despite sane returning to the bundesliga because low mostly rate players in the German league ahead of others

As a coach I won’t even start saka ahead of sancho ,no matter what

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2021
From Watford official Facebook page.
This guy should just keep his head down and focus, it seems Watford rates him alot

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jodera: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Man of the match performance for bukayo saka against Czech Republic

When some of us talk say this one better pass all our wingers many of una say na lie

I comment my reserve
Wait? Did anybody doubted this before? shocked shocked

Modified:: Oh, I've seen people who disagreed!
It's all good.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Well, for sure but using this Euros alone, we have to admit that Saka have had better Impact in one game than Foden have had in two games and I am a fan of Foden's huge talents. Doesn't make him better all of a sudden, I agree, but impact is to be commended/praised.

Coaches will always have one or two biases. Bottomline is if those decisions pay off or backfires. For England yesterday, it looks like Southgate picking Saka ahead of Sancho paid off.

Anyway, England will meet one of France, Portugal or Germany in the Round of 16. Their reward for finishing 1st is a date with whoever finishes second in the Euros group of Death grin

Let them get ready to show their "qualities" there coz it's really gonna be crazy tough from now on.

England will not survive any of those teams you mentioned

I will wait to eat my words if they do

England got the talents but I haven’t been impressed by their display because they aren’t playing what I expected from them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2021
Eizzy003:
From Watford official Facebook page.
This guy should just keep his head down and focus, it seems Watford rates him alot

Dele Bashiru no be like who go really get game time for watford this season

I might be wrong sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2021
ICYMI: Amos in Nigeria.

*I totally forgot to share this yesterday after coming across it.

Anglo-Naija lad, 24 yrs old Luke Ayodele Amos of QPR really doing his bits for his Fatherland (His father is Nigerian) somewhere in western Nigeria.

Watch clip here:

https://twitter.com/Luke_Amos1/status/1407069094218772491?s=19

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2021
I am not feeling all these footballers running to meet government officials.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
ICYMI: Amos in Nigeria.

*I totally forgot to share this yesterday after coming across it.

Anglo-Naija lad, 24 yrs old Luke Ayodele Amos of QPR really doing his bits for his Fatherland (His father is Nigerian) somewhere in western Nigeria.

Watch clip here:

https://twitter.com/Luke_Amos1/status/1407069094218772491?s=19

Wow nice work, wat a humble kid, if na some people dem for dn pay hypemen, carry national media follow themselves up and down to carry the news everywer.
At such age he already has a foundation working lowkey, wetin some people no fit do, even with all the money wer dm get
Brilliant work he is doing

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Dele Bashiru no be like who go really get game time for watford this season

I might be wrong sha
Mak e just find better championship team go loan, he still has alot of years to come out good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2021
Jodera:
Wait? Did anybody doubted this before? shocked shocked

Modified:: Oh, I've seen people who disagreed!
It's all good.
Baba...you don reach here. grin

Can you now see why I was clamouring for south gate to start Saka .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jodera: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
mostob:
Baba...you don reach here. grin

Can you now see why I was clamouring for south gate to start Saka .
Lol... I just say make I scan here small oo

Lol... I don see am na.
Tho I'm surprised saka got the nod ahead of Sancho to be sincere. But I'm really happy he did, and of course, he never disappoints.
No wonder England had one of their best game ystdy with saka and grealish adding the needed creativity in attack

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I just say make I scan here small oo

Lol... I don see am na.
Tho I'm surprised saka got the nod ahead of Sancho to be sincere. But I'm really happy he did, and of course, he never disappoints.
No wonder England had one of their best game ystdy with saka and grealish adding the needed creativity in attack
I don't know.about Sancho but as an arsenal fan, I knew Saka is one of the missing link in their attack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

To be sincere france and Portugal are the favorites but they are yet to look promising like italy

I will never write off any team, we all saw how Portugal struggled at the euro2016 by qualifying as best looser by drawing 3 games in the group and ended up winning the tournament .
Very true. God didn't save the Queen yesternight. He saved Southgate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... Na so... Becos of one game?? A group game?? A game Czech republic didn't even need to qualify having qualified already?

Need I remind you that a 20-yr old Chukwueze also bagged MOTM for Nigeria in the Afcon Quarter finals vs South Africa?? A higher stakes game?? A Knock out game infact.
This was Chukwueze's First Major Tournament too for Nigeria akin to Saka's first for England at this Euros. So what's the deal?

Also, please where was Saka when Chukwueze outshone him in the 1st leg semis of the Europa League? And was also causing havoc in the second leg before injury struck and had Arsenal fans cheering that Chukwueze left the pitch... Please where was Saka??

Saka is a fine young player but the talk of him being better than all our wingers is a fat lie abeg.

You can praise Saka without having to demean all our wingers.

Sometimes, una go just open mouth waaaaaa dey talk. grin

Without any iota of doubt, Saka is better than all our wingers, including chuks.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Without any iota of doubt, Saka is better than all our wingers, including chuks.

He is not. What else do I expect from you? Lol

Abeg make I hear word. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Honestly, the Current Super Eagles will never be this bad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jodera: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
mostob:
I don't know.about Sancho but as an arsenal fan, I knew Saka is one of the missing link in their attack.
I know he's one of the missing link of the attack, but I just thought he won't see shirt like that due to the players above him in pecking order. But in terms of qualities, he's one of the best wingers in that squad.

Just glad Southgate played him and grealish ystdy.
Upward and Onwards with Saka always..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tyronne Ebuehi will join Newly promoted Serie A side, Venezia FC from Benfica on loan

Source: Gianluca Di Marzio.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

I like the fact that we all support super eagles players and I like the fact that we also know the truth in our minds grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Tyronne Ebuehi will join Newly promoted Serie A side, Venezia FC from Benfica

Good news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Tyronne Ebuehi will join Newly promoted Serie A side, Venezia FC from Benfica on loan

The report (Courtesy of Gianluca Di Marzio):

A new reinforcement, also in this case from abroad, for Venezia. Paolo Zanetti for next season will in fact be able to count on the qualities of Tyronne Ebuehi, right-back born in 1995 in the last season at Twente (33 appearances in the Eredivisie), but owned by Benfica.

Operation already concluded with the formula of the loan with the right of redemption , with the player who has already arrived in great secret in the city and tomorrow will support the medical examinations and will sign the contract with Venice. That continues the strengthening campaign in view of the next Serie A championship.

Courtesy: gianlucadimarzio.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, the Current Super Eagles will never be this bad.
Even Without Iwobi, Nacho, Aribo, Etebo at the middle, their replacements can never be this bad.

Ndidi alone will see 4m sef.

Ejuke would even do the width of the field twice before dem colet the ball. Infact put Balogun there sef, he'd still see 4m to progress.

One thing is it would be one tough miracle if England happen to smell the semis, or win it. Cos i wouldn't want to hear any crap about Southgate knew what he was doing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That is a funny question innit? Saka made the squad didn't he?? So what makes you think Chukwueze won't?

And yes, the question stands... Where was Saka at the Crucial stage of the UEL semis where his quality of being better would have shone through to carry Arsenal? Where naa? Nowhere!!! Better indeed.
No dey call Messi for here because Saka haven't achieved anything Messi have achieved so there is no correlation.

Abeg there is no sound logical explanation behind your deduction. Just you dropping an ill-informed football opinion as usual. So I am not surprised. grin

Nonsense talk, same chukwueze when nor know he left leg from right na you take they compare saka.

If we were to make a survey around the country. Most people will pick saka over 3 chukwueze e get why.
An average player in laliga even among his age mates
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
If Chukwueze is an English Player, he would make that England Squad. I don't see how Saka is better than Chukwueze. Chukwueze is very good mehn. Even Arsenal fans and Manchester United fans rates him highly.

If you see the way Arsenal Fans are celebrating on Twitter when chukwueze got injured and the way Manchester United fans are happy chukwueze won't be playing against them...chai grin grin grin.

Chukwueze is better than current in form lingard that didn’t make the team ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I like the fact that we all support super eagles players and I like the fact that we also know the truth in our minds grin
The only winger that can rival Saka in our squad is Chuks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10831) (10832) (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, 123jamessmith, jieta, victornoah(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.