Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654164 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) (10838) (10839) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I am very sure if it was Saka having the kinda impact Chuks had in that semis double header, una no go let us hear word for here.

And do Saka and Kante now play the same role? Which Kain question be this? Abeg dead this talk. It's not getting anywhere. Thanks.

This is the issue with forgiveness; if a player is Yoruba and is playing for England then he is better than everything we ever produced. Now, if he is Yoruba and plays for Nigeria then he is better than anything England can ever produced , unless they are Yoruba.

Secondly ; if a player is Igbo and plays for England then we better forget him because we dont need them, or we could just throw some light there and deceive our ancestors that we care about these omonna's. But if he is Igbo and plays for Nigeria then its gotta be favoritism because there is no way any Igbo player has the skills to adorn the super eagles shirt. They are always conniving with NFF officials to sneak in their incompetent omonna's.

A tribalistic , bigoted , and nepotistic individual is what we have in our midst. There is nothing forgiveness writes here that comes from a well thought-out reasoning. The man embodies ethnic bigotry and discrimination....its disgusting !!

And when he has been defeated he will resort to redundancy just to keep the conversation going and wall himself from embarrassment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

This is the issue with forgiveness; if a player is Yoruba and is playing for England then he is better than everything we ever produced. Now, if he is Yoruba and plays for Nigeria then he is better than anything England can ever produced , unless they are Yoruba.

Secondly ; if a player is Igbo and plays for England then we better forget him because we dont need them, or we could just throw some light there and deceive our ancestors that we care about these omonna's. But if he is Igbo and plays for Nigeria then its gotta be favoritism because there is no way any Igbo player has the skills to adorn the super eagles shirt. They are always conniving with NFF officials to sneak in their incompetent omonna's.

A tribalistic , bigoted , and nepotistic individual is what we have in our midst. There is nothing forgiveness writes here that comes from a well thought-out reasoning. The man embodies ethnic bigotry and discrimination....its disgusting !!

And when he has been defeated he will resort to redundancy just to keep the conversation going and wall himself from embarrassment.

.............. Sewn from the same cloth

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Lobi Stars in Nigeria, I believe.

I trust The Marvellous one, Bascovanveli, can give us more on this. wink

Yes u are exactly right. I even pointed him out in one of my videos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
JayromWrites:

Pardon me , I don't understand your post.

.............. Sewn from the same cloth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
Odenigbo my good man, I refuse to go this route or pay heed to it.

Biko, can we just leave out Tribalistic innuendos and references?

Abeg. Thanks.

IDENNAA:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks man. And yes, I recall now you did. And I am following you and Danny's posts on our basketball guys and Ladies. Just never wan chook mouth like dat. Lol... Carry on My good man.

BascoVanVeli:

Yes u are exactly right. I even pointed him out in one of my videos

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Odenigbo my good man, I refuse to go this route or pay heed to it.

Biko, can we just leave out Tribalistic innuendos and references?

Abeg. Thanks.

I know your style and I don't expect you to get into it with anybody.

But , just to correct you. We can never stop exposing people like forgiveness because they are a clogg in the wheel of our progress. This is like saying you hate politics because it's a dirty game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I am very sure if it was Saka having the kinda impact Chuks had in that semis double header, una no go let us hear word for here.

And do Saka and Kante now play the same role? Which Kain question be this? Abeg dead this talk. It's not getting anywhere. Thanks.

I have always maintained before the semis that Saka is better than all our wingers combined.

Almost all Chelsea's players were shi.tty before Lampard got Saka including the wingers. Does that mean Saka is better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Just end this talk for now abeg. Another day, another time, we will look into it. Danke.

forgiveness:

I have always maintained before the semis that Saka is better than all our wingers combined.

Almost all Chelsea's players were shi.tty before Lampard got Saka including the wingers. Does that mean Saka is better?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please please bros let's stop with the tribal talk. I've had disagreements with forgiveness in the past and I won't be surprised if we clash in the near future but using this tribal accusation against him all the time is not fair. You can argue against his point using a lot of verifiable facts out there on the internet.

IDENNAA:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Odenigbo, Kwusi ya Biko. Enough of this vile angle. I wish not to see things escalate. End it here. Daalu.

IDENNAA:

But , just to correct you. We can never stop exposing people like forgiveness because they are a clogg in the wheel of our progress. This is like saying you hate politics because it's a dirty game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

You can only blackmail others not me.

I will keep telling it to your face whatsoever is right. I don't care if you call me a bigot or not because I know at the end of the day I will be vindicated

If you are good you are good to me regardless of where you come from.

Who clamoured for Ebere to be called to the National team? This was even before he was nobody.

Who brought Ehizibue to to everyone subconsciousness here? That was even when he outshined Ebuehi in the Eredivise.

Mr man, you are the bigot here hence you don't have the locus standi to accuse me of what you are guilty of. Go and sleep.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
This is exactly what Spain needed. Biggest goal margin of the tournament so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
Spain are just destroying Slovakia's chances of finishing among the best four third placed teams.

The Slovaks are on -5 now (3pts). Compared to Finland and Ukraine also on 3 pts (-1) each, wahala dey.

Anyway, so the Pass-Pass-and-inshallah folks have found their scoring boots naa.... Andrewbaba44, your people are shining teeth now. grin

#EurosDiary

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

Who is blocking your progress? grin

Stop deceiving yourself. Players must be called into the national team by merit.

Nothing concern me with your progress. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
shocked undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
humility33:

They should be ashamed of themselves with all the facilities at their disposal they still cant match a tiny country like Belgium in football
The last time they won a major tournament was in 1966 when i was not born compared to their mates in europe

I thought they played in the 3rd place match at the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
Saka is gifted no doubt but I think it's premature to be saying categorically he's better than all our wingers. How many years has he been playing? how many laurels has he won playing for club and country? Even your favorite player M.Simon has out performed saka in one or two years of recent. At the AFCON last time out he had two assists while Saka is still trying to get into the England XI for this tournament so let's wait for time to judge.

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Feel for Lewandoski truly a tree doesn't make a forest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
Saka is gifted no doubt but I think it's premature to be saying categorically he's better than all our wingers. How many years has he been playing? how many laurels has he won playing for club and country? Even your favorite player M.Simon has out performed saka in one or two years of recent. At the AFCON last time out he had two assists while Saka is still trying to get into the England XI for this tournament so let's wait for time to judge.

Is getting into the national team the determinant factor for rating a player?

Saka is better than Simon. This is not a joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
21 yr old Dejan Kulusevski. Haven't played all tournament. Made his Euros debut today off the bench and creates two goals and 4 chances to lead his side over Lewandowski's Masterclass for Poland, ensuring Sweden topped the group.

Baller. Sweden have truly missed Kulusevski. 35 mins of Dejan impact. Took him only four mins into his Euros debut to bag an assist.

#EurosDiary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Spain are just destroying Slovakia's chances of finishing among the best four third placed teams.

The Slovaks are on -5 now (3pts). Compared to Finland and Ukraine also on 3 pts (-1) each, wahala dey.

Anyway, so the Pass-Pass-and-inshallah folks have found their scoring boots naa.... Andrewbaba44, your people are shining teeth now. grin

#EurosDiary

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
National team football is a very strong determinant which you can't wish away.

I'm surprised you will say such a thing when facts on ground in terms of goals, assists and minutes played says otherwise.

last season with 10 more games and minutes Saka only scored 1 goal more than Simon. In the 2019/2020 Moses outscored Saka by 4 goals despite playing 8 games less so where did you get this your assertion that Bukayo is better?

forgiveness:

Is getting into the national team the determinant factor for rating a player?

Saka is better than Simon. This is not a joke.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
National team football is a very strong determinant which you can't wish away.

I'm surprised you will say such a thing when facts on ground in terms of goals, assists and minutes played says otherwise.

last season with 10 more games and minutes Saka only scored 1 goal more than Simon. In the 2019/2020 Moses outscored Saka by 4 goals despite playing 8 games less so where did you get this your assertion that Bukayo is better?

It's part of it. That's all.

Oga! That was last season.

As at now, Saka is London Young player of the Season, Arsenal player of the season and has been nominated for EPL and PFL Young player of the season.

This is not Joke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

You can only blackmail others not me.

I will keep telling it to your face whatsoever is right. I don't care if you call me a bigot or not because I know at the end of the day I will be vindicated

If you are good you are good to me regardless of where you come from.

Who clamoured for Ebere to be called to the National team? This was even before he was nobody.

Who brought Ehizibue to to everyone subconsciousness here? That was even when he outshined Ebuehi in the Eredivise.

Mr man, you are the bigot here hence you don't have the locus standi to accuse me of what you are guilty of. Go and sleep.

Do some self reflection, full-stop. You are too entrenched in tribalistic thoughts.

And if you say I am a bigot , go ahead and prove it, otherwise stfu....at this age you haven't learned to check your filthy ethnic sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
I mentioned two seasons why are you dodging the facts of their overall performance over the past two seasons? Mind you Simon was playing for a modest Nantes side unlike Saka playing for a top English side like Arsenal. Bukayo with more minutes couldn't eclipse Simon yet he is better according to forgiveness world wide sports grin

Should I also list Moses Simon's awards from the season before last? grin

You are right it's not a joke it's worse.
forgiveness:

It's part of it. That's all.

Oga! That was last season.

As at now, Saka is London Young player of the Season, Arsenal player of the season and has been nominated for EPL and PFL Young player of the season.

This is not Joke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Who is blocking your progress? grin

Stop deceiving yourself. Players must be called into the national team by merit.

Nothing concern me with your progress. grin

You are part of Nigeria's problems. People like the you and Ahmad Bello (Sarduana of Sokoto) planted the seed of ethnic bigotry ,which has continued to fester to our current situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

Do some self reflection, full-stop. You are too entrenched in tribalistic thoughts.

And if you say I am a bigot , go ahead and prove it, otherwise stfu....at this age you haven't learned to check your filthy ethnic sentiments.

You can go educate yourself. Your moniker alone gives you a ethnic jingoistic fellow.

See yourself in the mirror Mr IDENNA that claimed only his ethnic group can play the number 10 role in Nigeria. Even rubbishing Northerners in the process. That's one of a million evidence to prove your a a real bigot.

Now, don't Choke. Saka is better than Chuks. shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Odenigbo, Kwusi ya Biko. Enough of this vile angle. I wish not to see things escalate. End it here. Daalu.

wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
Please please bros let's stop with the tribal talk. I've had disagreements with forgiveness in the past and I won't be surprised if we clash in the near future but using this tribal accusation against him all the time is not fair. You can argue against his point using a lot of verifiable facts out there on the internet.

The problem with this country is that we have very few upright men. When you see a wrong , call it out and stand your ground. Don't tell me to stop what you have neither the courage nor the will to stop.

Oftentimes, you guys watch this man display this repulsive ethnic bigotry and we should just keep calm because you are too scared to confront him. Well , we are two different people as you can see. You don't correct these problems by merely keeping quiet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
I mentioned two seasons why are you dodging the facts of their overall performance over the past two seasons? Mind you Simon was playing for a modest Nantes side unlike Saka playing for a top English side like Arsenal. Bukayo with more minutes couldn't eclipse Simon yet he is better according to forgiveness world wide sports grin

Should I also list Moses Simon's awards from the season before last? grin

You are right it's not a joke it's worse.

Oga! Are you among those who claimed Iheanacho was better than Mbappe?

Next time factor in assists with the goals.

Last season? How many assists and goals did Saka have despite playing majorly as a LB last season?

See the first and second screenshot.

How many this season?

See 3rd and 4th screenshot.

The case is closed. You don't know about Moses laurels more than me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

You are part of Nigeria's problems. People like the you and Ahmad Bello (Sarduana of Sokoto) planted the seed of ethnic bigotry ,which has continued to fester to our current situation.

Stop fooling yourself. Azikiwe, Awolowo etc are not exonerated from planting seed of ethnic bigotry.

I repeat stop fooling yourself. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) (10838) (10839) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.