Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11799976 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10856) (10857) (10858) (10859) (10860) (10861) (10862) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:
shocked

You see weting your emotion carry you miss

Cos them call Akwa united plays, you been dey because upandan since,

This news wey you just share so, e don land taytay.......... No be today, something like two weeks ago

Why must u always show yourself Talking nonsense as always. I will soon stop responding to u. So yesterday was 2 weeks ago bah? I already know the tribal angle you are shooting for but let's see where it takes u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Why must u always show yourself Talking nonsense as always. I will soon stop responding to u. So yesterday was 2 weeks ago bah? I already know the tribal angle you are shooting for but let's see where it takes u.

Something I Don read for news taytay, you wan form Apata with words bah?

In fact ah no get ya time, see as you rush go put Tribal angle there, just to rope peson enter were em no talk,

Ah don said you, nah JAP ah go do you now,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 10:34am On Jun 29, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Picture of the Euros so far. What a moment. What a save, Yann Sommer.
(Had to wait a few secs before running off to begin this legendary celebration. A moment and a match that will go down in history as one of the greatest games of the Euros).

P.S: As I watched in my sitting room and saw Mbappe walking up as the final spot kick taker for France, I just knew Mbappe was gonna miss. Lad still has some growing up to do. Reckless with some of his attempts. Still a fine player but like Chief Icon4s would say, "Not there yet" grin

#Eurosdiary
I have said it before. Remove speed from mbappe. What will remain is Theo Walcott kind of footballer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:48am On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

I have said it before. Remove speed from mbappe. What will remain is Theo Walcott kind of footballer
Isn't Theo Walcott all about speed too?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2021
fabyom:
Africa had just five teams while Europe had more than twice as much. Africa no be am in what way? Nigeria don beat Spain before even when they were favourite, same with Senegal beating France, Cameroon beating Argentina, Ghana etc. So which is Africa no be am. What has Switzerland, Austria, Hungary achieved in football? But cos they are Europeans you people will start praising them to the gallery. Football no be mathematics. This Switzerland team can never beat us. Take that to the bank!
You are right. But those structures that helped us to beat Spain, did we build on it No we didn't. Even by the time we met Denmark in the same competition, the same spirit was no longer there. We keep moving back to drawing board, but instead of improving on what we have already we will wipe everything to start afresh with something worse than what we had before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:
Somebody score PK this early moimoi, yet sun no fall, and we get peace here,

But if no, Lindsay lemme no say anything fest

Normal levels

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Something I Don read for news taytay, you wan form Apata with words bah?

In fact ah no get ya time, see as you rush go put Tribal angle there, just to rope peson enter were em no talk,

Ah don said you, nah JAP ah go do you now,

Was he introduced as the coach yesterday yes or no If u saw it before why didn't u say something? So u were waiting for me to post it because my name is Stephen A Smith and I am an NBA reporter bah. This will not be the first or the last time I will post something people have already seen. Shoot I have posted things that have been posted here already. Ur response was just ridiculous and malicious.

What does Akwa United have to do with anything? We just had a long debate yesterday about goalkeepers but u are talking about Akwa United, why If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

Abeg mbappe good ,forget anything wey happen for euros

The Walcott you are mentioning is all about speed and no sense

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:19am On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

You are right. But those structures that helped us to beat Spain, did we build on it No we didn't. Even by the time we met Denmark in the same competition, the same spirit was no longer there. We keep moving back to drawing board, but instead of improving on what we have already we will wipe everything to start afresh with something worse than what we had before.

Dt Denmark match was an hallmark of lack of concentration, high indiscipline when it mattered most..same thing happened in USA 94;against Italy and it keeps repeating itself uptil date grin grin..na African problem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 11:19am On Jun 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Abeg mbappe good ,forget anything wey happen for euros

The Walcott you are mentioning is all about speed and no sense
If na KANU speed the guy get na only MBA go remain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:28am On Jun 29, 2021
They were fighting over match bonus with nff officials and some of the players were carrying women.
Also, the coach was brought in a few months to the tournament.
indiscipline, bad administration everywhere.
The team was not focused on the match.
In fact, forget our victory over Spain. We had quality players but the team was divided and in disarray.

elyte89:

Dt Denmark match was an hallmark of lack of concentration, high indiscipline when it mattered most..same thing happened in USA 94;against Italy and it keeps repeating itself uptil date grin grin..na African problem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

If na KANU speed the guy get na only MBA go remain.
Abeg stop it. Mbappe is very good oga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

Mbappe has more Dan speed.. D guy sabi play ball wela..he's a very fine player..speed,dribble and precision.mind u,he's just 22 or so,he's still not dere yet, 2018 world cup comes to mind..played fantastically well @ dt world cup cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:
The Swiss, the Kiwis, that send France packing,

Guys how many of them were in that U-17 worldcup host by us, when they beat John Ogbu boys in Lagos

CC, TheSuperNerd, sir Icon4s, sir Andrew, Oga Zero, jihday, Thegoodjoe , others, e. T. C

Oya poo food don land

Like Bleep. Ter Stergen was in that tourney.

With Mustafi, Mario Gotze and Bern Leno. shocked

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup_squads

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2021
jihday:
They trying to make him their main man, he now takes both free kicks and corner kicks

No not mbappe I was talking about Rodriguez that missed the earlier pen. They literally had 5 much better penalty takers on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Guys how many of them were in that U-17 worldcup host by us, when they beat John Ogbu boys in Lagos

CC, TheSuperNerd, sir Icon4s, sir Andrew, Oga Zero, jihday, Thegoodjoe , others, e. T. C

Oya poo food don land

Wow. Daniel Villalva also came. I have forgotten that team. I thought this kid was the next Aguero. So talented. I wonder what happened he fell off.

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Oya poo food don land

Argentina came solid. Sergio Araujo was just magic for Boca Juniors at such a young age. Thought he was heading places when Barcelona signed him.

I have forgotten most of these guys.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2021
Allison, Coutinho, Casemiro and Neymar. Men. cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Oya poo food don land

So, Koke, Morata and Sarabia who were in that tourney are in this Euros

Notable names from that team not in this Euros are Isco, Sergi Roberto and Iker Munain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Oya poo food don land

For Switzerland, I have seen, Xhaka, Ricardo Rodriguez, Seferovic,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
Philosopher1979:

They were fighting over match bonus with nff officials and some of the players were carrying women.
Also, the coach was brought in a few months to the tournament.
indiscipline, bad administration everywhere.
The team was not focused on the match.
In fact, forget our victory over Spain. We had quality players but the team was divided and in disarray.

I thought you guys would have said missing 1996 and 1998 afcons have a negative impact on Super eagles development......the eagles team list to South Africa 96 was a bomb cos it was a mixture of US 94 and Atlanta 96 team.

As you said,winning Spain was a fluke cos prior to world cup the team was struggling losing 5-1 to Holland....losing against Denmark wasn't surprising

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
dozai:

Oga it seems you don't rate Mbappe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
He has paid his dues remember he was an assistant coach at San Antonio for some time. Guy really has favour. He's married to an African American Actress forgotten her name now. Forget Nigerians have been making their mark in the NBA for ages right from the days of Olajuwon in the 80s. If the Nigerian Basketball federation had been better organized since way back we would have been qualifying for the olympics and winning Afrobasket before these recent crop.

BascoVanVeli:
@ thesupernerd , Danielnino00 and the basketball gang.

Ime Udoka is now the head coach of the historic Boston Celtics. First Nigerian head coach in the NBA. I won't lie this is a shock.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kog45:
I thought you guys would have said missing 1996 and 1998 afcons have a negative impact on Super eagles development......the eagles team list to South Africa 96 was a bomb cos it was a mixture of US 94 and Atlanta 96 team.

As you said,winning Spain was a fluke cos prior to world cup the team was struggling losing 5-1 to Holland....losing against Denmark wasn't surprising

I don't think Winning Spain was a fluke. I think the demolition by Netherlands spurred our players to prove themselves.

They worked hard and concentrated because of the fear of Spain. They did not want another humiliation.

After beating Spain and Bulgaria, the concentration filtered away and we were punished severely by Paraguay and Denmark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
Gotze scorer of the 2014 World Cup winning goal

TheGoodJoe:

For Switzerland, I have seen, Xhaka, Ricardo Rodriguez, Seferovic,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
It was kind of flukish because we relied on individual brilliance of players like Finidi, Oliseh and Okocha on the day. The Spanish were unable to capitalise on our obvious lack of structure which the Danes punished ruthlessly.

TheGoodJoe:

I don't think Winning Spain was a fluke. I think the demolition by Netherlands spurred our players to prove themselves.

They worked hard and concentrated because of the fear of Spain. They did not want another humiliation.

After beating Spain and Bulgaria, the concentration filtered away and we were punished severely by Paraguay and Denmark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2021
During an interview in Port Harcourt, Nigeria head coach, Bora Milutinovic, 1998, was asked by a Journalist, Sam Atasia

Sam Atasia: Bora, you know the strength of the Spanish side with the likes of Raul, Hierro, Luis Enrique, Alfonso and a host of others.

Do you think the Nigerian Super Eagles should be scared of facing Spain?

Bora: Spain should be scared of Nigeria.

The journalists were speechless.

Few weeks later, we beat Spain and won the group that had Paraguay and Bulgaria.

Rohr should learn a thing or two from Bora.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
chrisooblog:
It was kind of flukish because we relied on individual brilliance of players like Finidi, Oliseh and Okocha on the day. The Spanish were unable to capitalise on our obvious lack of structure which the Danes punished ruthlessly.

All teams rely on individual brilliance coupled with tactics. That should not be a downside.

We gave the Spanish a good game, although they were unfortunate. Raul had a good chance to kill the game but we matched them and Ikpeba also had chances to kill them too.

I think determination and concentration saw us through. We lost it as the tournament progressed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
chrisooblog:
Gotze scorer of the 2014 World Cup winning goal

Yep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
So we are now comparing African football Strength to Europe's abi? Una well done. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
Yes the bold is right but I've rewatched our games from that World Cup if Spain had been more tactical beating the SE wouldn't have been too difficult as they made it seem. Plus how do you legislate for the silly error from the Spanish goalkeeper Zubizzeriata? That 1998 SE team is one of the most indisciplined (off and on field) squads Nigeria has ever put out forget the result we got against Spain.

TheGoodJoe:

All teams rely on individual brilliance coupled with tactics. That should not be a downside.

We gave the Spanish a good game, although they were unfortunate. Raul had a good chance to kill the game but we matched them and Ikpeba also had chances to kill them too.

I think determination and concentration saw us through. We lost it as the tournament progressed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Panda7(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (10856) (10857) (10858) (10859) (10860) (10861) (10862) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.