Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11677749 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10882) (10883) (10884) (10885) (10886) (10887) (10888) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Oya tell me of one attack u remember from that game?
It seems like you don't just get what pisses everyone off. Its not about the scorelines, there was just nothing good about that game.

For the algeria game, I can remember shots from Iwobi, Ebuehi, Iheanacho. But this NPFL team just played nothing. The Algeria game can't even be compared to what I watched yesterday.

In fact, a slightly better team will lose by more goals to Mexico, because those guys literally confused Mexico with their rough and scattered gameplay. TBH, the superfalcons were more technical.

Can you even compare the defense in Algeria against what we watched?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Grown men telling bold face lies. So u didn't see the team get Anayo two early chances that were blocked? How did that happen? Did the ball magically appear on his feet? U didn't see the calm passing in the midfield? Anthony Shimaga the number 4 especially. The goalkeeper making saves that would have been goals against Cameroon cheesy then Anayo blowing past the Mexicans and getting to the byline at will only to be let down by his final ball. The red card he should have won Only a pure hater will say they saw absolutely nothing in that game. Yes they collectively were bad but u could see the positives if u cared to look.
I try to be as objective as possible as I don't have any bias towards any set of players. But I like to say things how they are.

There's nothing to take away from that game. And please don't compare Maduka to that keeper that finds it hard holding down the ball. Had it been I had time, I will go and pull out all Maduka's saves from Algeria till present. You guys have been very biased towards that guy. Nobody in the SE setup currently is better than him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
dijon:
Guy, you just scored an own goal. I believe even the football Sport Minister is knows better now...

Sports minister dey this thread Who here has been advocating for home based lately abi u didn't read the question?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I try to be as objective as possible as I don't have any bias towards any set of players. But I like to say things how they are.

There's nothing to take away from that game. And please don't compare Maduka to that keeper that finds it hard holding down the ball. Had it been I had time, I will go and pull out all Maduka's saves from Algeria till present. You guys have been very biased towards that guy. Nobody in the SE setup currently is better than him.

Tah! Lozano would have scored a hattrick on u people's man crush
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
The Mexicans have the Concacaf Gold Cup to play later this month while the foreign based players were already on holidays after the Cameroon doubleheader. You can't expect the foreign based players who are on holidays after a long season to execute the Mexican friendly when the friendly wasn't fixed close to the dates of the Cameroon doubleheader.

BascoVanVeli:

Where were you when I was asking why the foreign based players get to have a break Everyone here knows this match was wrong. Meanwhile the media is spinning it like the guys are already in preseason. Are the Mexicans not also based in Europe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
It seems like you don't just get what pisses everyone off. Its not about the scorelines, there was just nothing good about that game.

For the algeria game, I can remember shots from Iwobi, Ebuehi, Iheanacho. But this NPFL team just played nothing. The Algeria game can't even be compared to what I watched yesterday.

In fact, a slightly better team will lose by more goals to Mexico, because those guys literally confused Mexico with their rough and scattered gameplay. TBH, the superfalcons were more technical.

Can you even compare the defense in Algeria against what we watched?

Stop capping!! How many passes did Ajayi and Onyeka put together against Algeria? These guys actually played football unlike the Algeria game they just made mistakes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
cc12:
The Mexicans have the Concacaf Gold Cup to play later this month while the foreign based players were already on holidays after the Cameroon doubleheader. You can't expect the foreign based players who are on holidays after a long season to execute the Mexican friendly when the friendly wasn't fixed close to the dates of the Cameroon doubleheader.

Are the Mexicans not foreign based Is Lozano not Osimhen's teammate? Does Hector Herrera not play for A Madrid? The Mexican players also played matches like Nigeria but they still showed up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
I. Was there any shot at goal by our mediocre footballers?
2. The calm passing was basically sideways within two metres and backward. Did the calm passing you noticed result in any panic in the Mexican half of the field. Note I did not mention the Mexican 18 yard box.
3. I don't want to talk about the goalkeeper. The entire defence system with its personality were carpenters.
4. I bet it's only you with your sentimental biased mindset for mediocrity that saw or noticed a red card play in favour of Nigeria.
5. Anytime we bring to light the darkness and evil farmer league our football administrator are operating, you call us haters.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I now know you better...you know your gain in this shame called professional league operated by LMC.
BascoVanVeli:

Grown men telling bold face lies. So u didn't see the team get Anayo two early chances that were blocked? How did that happen? Did the ball magically appear on his feet? U didn't see the calm passing in the midfield? Anthony Shimaga the number 4 especially. The goalkeeper making saves that would have been goals against Cameroon cheesy then Anayo blowing past the Mexicans and getting to the byline at will only to be let down by his final ball. The red card he should have won Only a pure hater will say they saw absolutely nothing in that game. Yes they collectively were bad but u could see the positives if u cared to look.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
The issue people don't realize is that poor displays like that tarnish our brand internationally. Prior to the friendly, most Mexicans were excited to face the likes of Osimhen, Ndidi et al. When most people think of us, they think of our brilliant 1994 WC performance and our competitive rivalry with the Argentines. Today's loss really devalued our brand and many on twitter were unimpressed with how poor we looked. I've said this beore and I'll say it again: we need to start taking friendlies more seriously.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Stop cap!! How many passes did Ajayi and Onyeka put together against Algeria? These guys actually played football unlike the Algeria game they just made mistakes.

Sentiments tends to cloud ones sense of reasoning, even when the obvious is right in your face. Keep it up sir. Mediocrity is the order of the day in this nation. Wonder why things don't work.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
Not to mention, our rankings will surely decrease with losses to Cameroon and Mexico.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Stop capping!! How many passes did Ajayi and Onyeka put together against Algeria? These guys actually played football unlike the Algeria game they just made mistakes.
No problems. There's nothing I'll say that will ever convince you. You're already partisanly biased. sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
There's not ONE player from yesterday that would make our first 11. That's the point! No one expected those guys to beat Mexico.
Rohr for all his flaws is 100 percent right in his views on our home based players.
Rohr is not the problem of our local football - NFF is. I'm happy as we've seen the best(hopefully not) of the local based players that are 100 percent better than the "overrated foreign born players" like Eze, Toru, Tosin, etc.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Seyi Makinde announces that the new Lekan Salami stadium will be opened by a match between the Shooting Stars and a club from Slovakia.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2021
Anayo Iwuala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
They showed up because they've a tournament to play.

BascoVanVeli:

Are the Mexicans not foreign based Is Lozano not Osimhen's teammate? Does Hector Herrera not play for A Madrid? The Mexican players also played matches like Nigeria but they still showed up.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Anayo Iwuala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That fraud

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Awoniyi has been listed among the Liverpool players available for pre season this week...

He is most likely going to be sold...But who knows
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
Meliforme:

For the past five years we have improved technically and tactically, the recent match with Cameroon is a testament to improvements in tactics and technics, and to me is the beginning of another age

The HB Eagles im referring to actually, not the main SE Team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
typicalgamer:

Anayo na the biggest scam in existence.

Maybe that captain band got to his head.

Dude was literally playing like a Sunday league play

Below amateur

This guy got my attention with his shyness with the SE team month ago when Rohr had to beg him to not train alone. Well that's besides the point. I like his energy though,if refined, would be someone that can force pk his way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
Odunayaw:
Na Akwa best player wey go make them lose the league because him travel be that o grin

Ya kidding right? That alone speaks volume on its own. Although,i agree with Basco that doing this in the middle of the season is an indirect insult to the league itself by sport administrators in Nigeria, except of course, if the league was paused till they return.

Whatever the case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
Players scoop up water from the pitch right before the 3SC and Go Round FC match. We need to invest in our domestic football!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Bascovanveli, as always, continue defending mediocrity. Imagine you talking down the Super Eagles team just because you want to defend those NPFL players.

Nigeria, even though not in the league of top footballing nations, has a brand name to protect. Amaju and crew should better know what they are doing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ppogbae:
Players scoop up water from the pitch right before the 3SC and Go Round FC match. We need to invest in our domestic football!!

This is sickening abeg.

100m investment in each team in the NPFL would upgrade the current bismal dismal apk file we are seeing. Spade naim i dey see, no be shovel. 100m investment can make each team equal to PSL counterparts in Marketability and Structure, Better Technique.

Sport Admins are still in 1800 no doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Odunayaw:
Na Akwa best player wey go make them lose the league because him travel be that o grin

Akwa will not lose the league hater
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
Icon4s:
Bascovanveli, as always, continue defending mediocrity. Imagine you talking down the Super Eagles team just because you want to defend those NPFL players.

Nigeria, even though not in the league of top footballing nations, has a brand name to protect. Amaju and crew should better know what they are doing.

Nothing about me is mediocre Sir. Mediocre is Enyimba this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
daveP:

This is sickening abeg.

100m investment in each team in the NPFL would upgrade the current bismal dismal apk file we are seeing. Spade naim i dey see, no be shovel. 100m investment can make each team equal to PSL counterparts in Marketability and Structure, Better Technique.

That is not the NPFL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2021
The players can't do better than what they did considering where they are coming from.
They tried their best.
The NFF does not have any reason to play a Mexican National team with fully home-based players.
That's absolutely ridiculous.
Is it by force to play?
It is like Super Eagles playing against a home-based Lesotho team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2021

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:22am On Jul 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That is not the NPFL

I know Basco. My point still stands

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2021
daveP:

This is sickening abeg.

Money that they'll loot
You guys think corruption in Nigeria is child's play

The politicians are everywhere even in sport management like vultures ready to steal any available fund

Corruption in Nigeria is chronic

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:03am On Jul 05, 2021
edi287:
There's not ONE player from yesterday that would make our first 11. That's the point! No one expected those guys to beat Mexico.
Rohr for all his flaws is 100 percent right in his views on our home based players.
Rohr is not the problem of our local football - NFF is. I'm happy as we've seen the best(hopefully not) of the local based players that are 100 percent better than the "overrated foreign born players" like Eze, Toru, Tosin, etc.
Those guys couldn't trap the damn ball, had heavy first touches and kept falling all over the pitch and to think that a lot of them have been playing professionally for over 2 years. No wonder they hardly do well in continental competitions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10882) (10883) (10884) (10885) (10886) (10887) (10888) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viccy12, waffiboi and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.