Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699894 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10943) (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Iheanacho grew up in Nigeria and he has family in Nigeria. His businesses will be in Nigeria unlike Okoye so yes iheanacho is more Nigerian than Okoye. Unless Okoye is living in a Nigerian community in Germany.
Sir, you are racist. There is no place for people like you here!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

this your comment does not also follow because host communities also have their own designated job slots, scholarship , give-aways e.t.c. that people living outside the host communities are not aware of...

my comment stands...
This is wrong. Any general scholarship any American born in American can get, an American born in Nigeria can get the same if they have the necessary skills

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fabuloski:

What is exactly racist about his statement? Do you know what racism is ?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fabuloski:

you have no idea what racism is... let me quote American Gangster, Racism is when people of a different race come to a another person's house who is of a different race and maltreats or even kills the person...

I hope you understand that whyte people have to protect their interests especially in their own countries ( not the U.S because the U.S is a country with both Africans Americans and Europeans living there for hundreds of years ) just that most of them don't know how to be racist without been condescending, violent, abusive and derogatory towards another race.

if you're so concerned about racism then you should be more concerned about N:igeria's current pr:esident than me...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ppogbae:
Both USA Men’s and Women’s basketball team have lost to Australia. Damn.
When did our women play Australia? Well either way they are one of the elite programs in basketball so there would be no shame in that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fabuloski:

This is wrong. Any general scholarship any American born in American can get, an American born in Nigeria can get the same if they have the necessary skills

Please this is sports thread, if I have to explain this issue the entire thread will be derailed...

I dislike when people from outside a region/place are feeling entitled to 100% of all the opportunities in that region that they don't belong to just because they look down on the credentials of the original owners and leaving the original owners with 0% or "3%" and the only way to fix it is to create a quota, a quota where the original owners always have at least 55%...

please lets stop here...

the U:S is a different ball game entirely...
O:bama is not African American by ethnicity but he became the first b:lack president..
H:arris is not African American by ethnicity but he became the first b:lack vice president..
A lot of opportunities that should go to African Americans go to people that are considered "black and brown" people...

when African Americans complain people like you call them lazy meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of African Americans graduating from university yearly but other "black and brown" some of whom have better results than AA's get the jobs...

Again, please let's stop here,
I won't respond to any comment regarding tribalism as you guys don't seem to understand the difference between blocking/ side-lining COMPETENT indigenes from opportunities and sharing their opportunities with them by ensuring they ( COMPETENT INDIGENES ) get 55% quota..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

sentiments is why the developed countries are developed...

That's patriotism oga not tribal sentiments you've showed this evening from your write ups

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Please this is sports thread, if I have to explain this issue the entire thread will be derailed...

I dislike when people from outside a region/place are feeling entitled to 100% of all the opportunities in that region that they don't belong to just because they look down on the credentials of the original owners and leaving the original owners with 0% or "3%" and the only way to fix it is to create a quota, a quota where the original owners always have at least 55%...

please lets stop here...

O:bama is not African American by ethnicity but he became the first b:lack president..
H:arris is not African American by ethnicity but he became the first b:lack vice president..
A lot of opportunities that should go to African Americans go to people that are considered "black and brown" people...

when African Americans complain people like you call them lazy meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of African Americans graduating from university yearly but other "black and brown" some of whom have better results than AA's get the jobs...

I won't respond to any comment regarding tribalism as you guys don't seem to understand the difference between blocking/ side-lining COMPETENT indigenes from opportunities and sharing their opportunities with them by ensuring they ( COMPETENT INDIGENES ) get 55% quota..

Oga u know nothing how the system works over there so just slide

What makes america what it is today is because all Americans black,white,creole, latino, asian american etc all contributed in building america of their dreams

I am sure if we were in some of this European countries shoes we won't accept the likes of adama, Isan etc to play for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
Daniel Akpeyi starts in CAF CL final against All Ahly

Trusted.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

you have no idea what racism is... let me quote American Gangster, Racism is when people of a different race come to a another person's house who is of a different race and maltreats or even kills the person...

I hope you understand that whyte people have to protect their interests especially in their own countries ( not the U.S because the U.S is a country with both Africans Americans and Europeans living there for hundreds of years ) just that most of them don't know how to be racist without been condescending, violent, abusive and derogatory towards another race.

if you're so concerned about racism then you should be more concerned about N:igeria's current pr:esident than me...

Oga u on same pole with racism...don't wanna call u a tribalist

Because that your claim on why alaba was omitted from the under 17 team is so flawed even Alaba said he was left out because of the stupid belief that under 17 team is grossly reserved for home grown players....

Thats how we lost a world class player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
humility33:

That's patriotism oga not tribal sentiments you've showed this evening from your write ups

Please let's end it here...

to have patriotism you need to have sentiments and most sentiments are tribal..

South Africa is developed but its the "whyte side" that was developed first, will you call that patriotism

U:S is developed but AA's couldn't use the same bus with whyte people ( even in South Africa ), the thriving business district that AA's created for themselves was burnt to the ground by whyte people.. will you call that patriotism
U:S is developed but it was a crime to be black and educated, will you call that patriotism

please this is a sports thread. let it end here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Rooting for kazier chiefs despite my love for al ahly

Go akpeyi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

lack of sentiments is why a govt official will take money meant to develop a local govt in his/her home state outside Nigeria or even outside his/her home state and put it somewhere else and when his people complains he/she blames the FG...

tribal sentiments and religious sentiments must never be in the same sentence.. they are two different things entirely...

so you're saying states like Bayelsa, Akwa-ibom e.t.c.. should employ only Yorubas and Igbos because they get the best scores yearly both in waec , jamb and university courses.

when was the last time someone who wasn't Yoruba or Igbo got the overall best result in Jamb, waec, university courses... To you does it mean that people who are not Yoruba or Igbo are dull

If we go by merit based on results in Nigeria, Yorubas and Igbos will clear out most of the opportunities in Nigeria...

What you wrote up there didn't follow

The reason why a Local government chairman, senator, governor etc steals money meant for their constituency is because of lack of patriotism not sentiments....

Sentiments has never done well for nigeria and will never do well, sentiments makes us see the prosecution of a politician from my LG who stole money as witch hunting and all sorts because of primordial sentiments

Primordial sentiments is whats happening in south africa right now even when it is obvious that the ex president is guilty and disrespecting court summons his supporters out of sentiments turned the cities into chaos and anarchy

Merits will ensure the best gets the opportunities and as such encourage other youngsters to do same and see them as role model

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Please let's end it here...

to have patriotism you need to have sentiments and most sentiments are tribal..

South Africa is developed but its the "whyte side" that was developed first, will you call that patriotism

U:S is developed but AA's couldn't use the same bus with whyte people ( even in South Africa ), the thriving business district that AA's created for themselves was burnt to the ground by whyte people.. will you call that patriotism
U:S is developed but it was a crime to be black and educated, will you call that patriotism

please this is a sports thread. let it end here.

U need to wake up to think that sentiments are mostly tribal

Sentiments can be attached to race, tribe etc the one you're used to is tribal because that's the one u are more consumed in

We're talking about patriotism other know as nationalism...the absolute love for your country thats why many of us are here because we love the national team

So oga promoting tribal sentiments in nigeria is inimical and against the peaceful coexistence of this country and thats not patriotism oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Please could someone explain to me why football games kicking off at night in Europe have full sunlight.

Noticed it in late Premier league games and now the Genk vs Club Brugge which started at 19:45 WAT, 20:45 in Belgium is in broad daylight.

Am I missing something?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
ahly to win this one

The kazier chief guy that collected red is a very useless player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Iheanacho grew up in Nigeria and he has family in Nigeria. His businesses will be in Nigeria unlike Okoye so yes iheanacho is more Nigerian than Okoye. Unless Okoye is living in a Nigerian community in Germany.
Have you interacted with a foreign born Nigerian before sir?

You would have known that it is not by who grew up in Nigeria. Some of these people you are defending have little or no love for the country and care only about themselves and their families. The ones you are disparaging have people with real love who go to several lengths to learn more about the country, it's culture, food, music e.t.c. These are what some Nigerians despise. Even some blacks like Nigeria more than the Nigerians themselves. SMH.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Please could someone explain to me why football games kicking off at night in Europe have full sunlight.

Noticed it in late Premier league games and now the Genk vs Club Brugge which started at 19:45 WAT, 20:45 in Belgium is in broad daylight.

Am I missing something?
Latitude differences.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
humility33:

U need to wake up to think that sentiments are mostly tribal

Sentiments can be attached to race, tribe etc the one you're used to is tribal because that's the one u are more consumed in

We're talking about patriotism other know as nationalism...the absolute love for your country thats why many of us are here because we love the national team

So oga promoting tribal sentiments in nigeria is inimical and against the peaceful coexistence of this country and thats not patriotism oga

you live in a wonderland...

I just hope one day when you get a government position that involves managing people of different ethnicities you don't start acting like your c:urrent p:resident...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

you have to be trained to be competent, most footballers and athletes attend at least a football academy or sports academy before they can be considered for a professional career.. so most professional athletes you see today have the competency ( necessary sports education both theory and practical ) but the talent may not be there.

you can't compare players that play for Manchester United and players that play for bristol rovers fc.

the A:laba situation is a different issue entirely, can also be attributed to toxic tribalism against the SW... its the one of the same reasons Nigeria didn't tie down Saka, Akanji , adebayor e.t.c..
shocked shocked Really? But they managed to tie down yorubas like Balogun, Agboola etc. SW brethren like Marvin Ogunjimi, Dennis Aogo, Patrick Owomoyela and Sidney Sam were also affected by the toxic tribalism or currently a certain Adarabioyo who has shifted the goalpost after initially expressing interest to represent us, my friend shift.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

I beg to disagree. Feeling of attachment towards a particular country is a personal thing. Some parents pass down their culture to the offspring, regardless of where they live. An individual that grew up in Naija with all the frustration and suffering in this country, would probably not think home if by chance the individual migrates to a developed country.

By the way, establishment of business in a country requires sound business knowledge and resources. An individual must not be born there to establish a thriving business.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

please lets stop here...

I would have liked to engage you on some issues you raised here but as it stands, I hardly even understand what you are saying. Who are the B&Bs and what makes the AAs different and more indigenous than them?

Nevertheless, I'll advise we just end this topic and stop spamming the thread. And let me tell you, that someone was born outside Nigeria doesn't mean he's definitely going to have a better life. Forget about social media deception, a lot still do struggle. My own is that everybody who desires to represent the nation should have equal opportunities to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Karlovych:
shocked shocked Really? But they managed to tie down yorubas like Balogun, Agboola etc. SW brethren like Marvin Ogunjimi, Dennis Aogo, Patrick Owomoyela and Sidney Sam were also affected by the toxic tribalism or currently a certain Adarabioyo who has shifted the goalpost after initially expressing interest to represent us, my friend shift.
The way some people think sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

please lets stop here...

So according to hundreds and thousands of African Americans graduate yearly from University but "black and brown" people who in your own words are sometimes better than them get the jobs.
Let's put this your analogy into practice would you prefer a competent pilot or doctor to fly you or treat your illness as the case may be or just a crap pilot or doctor?
This is one of the many problems of Nigeria and so many people

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
hatakekakashi:

The way some people think sef
It's very ridiculous, a lot of players choose the country they represent for personal reasons. He should tell us whether likes of Ehiogu, Agbonlahor, Onuoha, Ibe, Onyewu and co that we refused to tie down were also from the SW.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Another one.

If we were doing well, some of these guys won't even think twice before committing to us.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Latitude differences.

How? Belgium are an hour later than Nigeria.

At 20:45 over there, what is the explanation for broad day sunlight?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I would have liked to engage you on some issues you raised here but as it stands, I hardly even understand what you are saying. Who are the B&Bs and what makes the AAs different and more indigenous than them?

Nevertheless, I'll advise we just end this topic and stop spamming the thread. And let me tell you, that someone was born outside Nigeria doesn't mean he's definitely going to have a better life. Forget about social media deception, a lot still do struggle. My own is that everybody who desires to represent the nation should have equal opportunities to do so.

Indian migrants , African migrants , Haitians, Jamaicans and anyone with melanin whose ancestors weren't enslaved in the U:S for over 400 are considered B&Bs..

AA's are also called B&Bs by the media and this makes opportunities meant for them go to other B&Bs groups afterall if an African/indian migrant gets a job in a Whyte dominated company they will be classified as AA in the company's racial diversity report.

Let's stop here. I'm only responding because you claimed not to know who B&Bs are..

Another important thing is that there is nothing like equal opportunities. One group will have higher percentage of people than other groups. As long as that one group is not trying to sideline other groups it will be okay.

I will not respond again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Picking competent foreign based players is not mediocrity.

Nigeria currently has competent Nigerians in Nigeria and outside Nigeria in a lot of professional fields.

So you're saying we should let the ones in Nigeria become jobless and hire only Nigerians born outside Nigeria.

Would your parents have been able to send you to school if only Nigerians with foreign degrees were getting all the jobs
While growing up, my dad insisted that education is the best legacy he would give us.

Look let me tell you, greatness is in all parts of the world. Regardless of the person's background, the individual will always thrive. So the land is big enough for everyone to thrive, just that corruption never really allowed the country to move forward.

While growing up, most elderly people within my area, with only primary school education speak and write good English. Not to even mention those that were able to complete secondary education. They were mostly employable.

The reverse is now the case as some graduates are unemployeble. It is an unfortunate situation really. Please some people that studied abroad are not necessarily more knowledge than some people here. We have or should I say had good brains here cuz corruption have made them to move out in search of secured future for themselves and their families.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

When did our women play Australia? Well either way they are one of the elite programs in basketball so there would be no shame in that.

A few days ago. It was a closed door scrimmage so we will never know the result. Interesting to note, it was this event where Liz Camabage had her much publicized altercation which led to her subsequent withdrawal from the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Karlovych:

So according to hundreds and thousands of African Americans graduate yearly from University but "black and brown" people who in your own words are sometimes better than them get the jobs.
Let's put this your analogy into practice would you prefer a competent pilot or doctor to fly you or treat your illness as the case may be or just a crap pilot or doctor?
This is one of the many problems of Nigeria and so many people

Someone who has 9A's and a person who has 8A's and one B2. The someone has a better result than the person and that means both of them are competent. But the someone with 9A's will get picked over the person with 8A's who is also competent.

Stop trying to modify my comments to suite your narrative.

I had to respond to this.
I'm done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
chucs:
While growimg up, my dad insisted that education is the best legacy he would give us.

Look let me tell you, greatness is in all parts of the world. Regardless of the person's background, the individual will always thrive. So the land is big enough for everyone to thrive, just that corruption never really allowed the country to move forward.

While growing up, most elderly people within my area, with only primary school education speak and write good English. Not to even mention those that were able to complete secondary education. They were mostly employable.

The reverse is now the case as some graduates are unemployeble. It is an unfortunate situation really. Please some people that studied abroad are not necessarily more knowledge than some people here. We have or should I say had good brains here cuz corruption have made them to move out in search of secured future for themselves and their families.

Yes the land is big enough but the opportunities are not big enough for everyone to thrive.

Northern Nigeria is big enough but the opportunities and money are in southern Nigeria and that's one of the reasons they won't want Nigeria to separate.

More graduates are actually employable now than then but opportunities are scarce.

Please let it end here. This is a sports thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10943) (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, charlesemeka85(m), yemyke001(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.