Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) (10950) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

How? Belgium are an hour later than Nigeria.

At 20:45 over there, what is the explanation for broad day sunlight?

It kind of complicated,
I am writing an article on this will forward it to you when am down

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ppogbae:

A few days ago. It was a closed door scrimmage so we will never know the result. Interesting to note, it was this event where Liz Camabage had her much publicized altercation which led to her subsequent withdrawal from the team.

Ok I am seeing it was part of the WNBA bubble. I think Liz punched somebody on our bench. They wouldn't have stopped her from going because it happened closed doors but she already decided not to go. This makes USA firmly favourites again. Liz Camabage is the most dominant woman in basketball. So Australia is definitely not going to be as good as the team that beat us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

Someone who has 9A's and a person who has 8A's and one B2. The someone has a better result than the person and that means both of them are competent. But the someone with 9A's will get picked over the person with 8A's who is also competent.

Stop trying to modify my comments to suite your narrative.

I had to respond to this.
I'm done.
You were the one who used the word "better" in your argument. Why would someone who got 8As be picked over someone with 9As? That is why it's called competition. There are several times when league titles are decided by a parameter called goal difference, it doesn't mean the top two teams aren't competent but one was clearly better than the other on key parameters that matter

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

you live in a wonderland...

I just hope one day when you get a government position that involves managing people of different ethnicities you don't start acting like your c:urrent p:resident...

It's people like u that will act like Buhari because you're already talking of quota system and leap frogging tribal sentiments as something beneficial. I am so sure if opportuned as a president you'll be more disposed and show partiality towards your tribe at the expenze of others instead of fostering meritocracy, true nationalism/patriotism...where all nigerians far and near, diaspora or within country shores are treated as Nigerians with no sentiments or favouritism
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
andrew444:
ahly to win this one

The kazier chief guy that collected red is a very useless player
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Another one.

If we were doing well, some of these guys won't even think twice before committing to us.

You're very right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
humility33:

grin

Dont mind kazier chief jare

I rooted for them because of akpeyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

How? Belgium are an hour later than Nigeria.

At 20:45 over there, what is the explanation for broad day sunlight?
That has to do with longitude. Latitude has to do with location wrt to the equator. The Earth has a titlted rotation causing upper locations to receive longer sunlight at certain times of the year. It maintains the tilt facing Polaris (North Star) so the orientation of the tilt changes wrt earth, and day length changes with times of the year. This is more noticeable at polar regions.

Now I need 100 dollars ASAP for my geography lesson cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
andrew444:

Dont mind kazier chief jare

I rooted for them because of akpeyi

Lol.... i understand your patriotism bro
But me nor surprised sha i know Akpeyi will be shaking as usualgrin i didnt watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
humility33:

Lol.... i understand your patriotism bro
But me nor surprised sha i know Akpeyi will be shaking as usualgrin i didnt watch

Bia nwanne you better be careful there grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
andrew444:

Bia nwanne you better be careful there grin

Lol...u get mind sha to watch akpeyi in goal against the Egyptians not the Moroccans or algerians oo Al haly of Egypt grin
Wetin u dey expect.

It seems everything is wrong with south africa at this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Have you interacted with a foreign born Nigerian before sir?

You would have known that it is not by who grew up in Nigeria. Some of these people you are defending have little or no love for the country and care only about themselves and their families. The ones you are disparaging have people with real love who go to several lengths to learn more about the country, it's culture, food, music e.t.c. These are what some Nigerians despise. Even some blacks like Nigeria more than the Nigerians themselves. SMH.
When it becomes easy to swap countries like it is in athletics that's when most people will realize that some of the home born/grown players don't really love the country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:20am On Jul 18, 2021
jihday:
When it becomes easy to swap countries like it is in athletics that's when most people will realize that the iheanacho Ndidi etc don't really love the country
A country owing them almost 2 years allowance yet you hardly hear any of them complain. What type of love are you talking about, please?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2021
codemaniacs:

Yes the land is big enough but the opportunities are not big enough for everyone to thrive.

Northern Nigeria is big enough but the opportunities and money are in southern Nigeria and that's one of the reasons they won't want Nigeria to separate.

More graduates are actually employable now than then but opportunities are scarce.

Please let it end here. This is a sports thread.
I knew this is the main intention of your first post. You can't hide who you really are! An ethnic and racial bigot. Quota system for foreign based players because Buhari stopped the home based players parents from traveling abroad?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:37am On Jul 18, 2021
Giannis is really fighting for this NBA title. The guy is dead tired on the court but still making plays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Bucks win!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:35am On Jul 18, 2021
fabyom:
I knew this is the main intention of your first post. You can't hide who you really are! An ethnic and racial bigot. Quota system for foreign based players because Buhari stopped the home based players parents from traveling abroad?

If you had read the post from when this issue started you'll have seen where I said:

Foreign born players and foreign based players are 2 different things entirely.

I:henacho is a foreign based player while Okoye is a foreign born player.

I:henacho is not from the local league.. it's about protecting players like nacho.

protecting the quota of foreign based players and Nigerian based players ( players in U17 and U19 and Academy players not NPFL players because the age of NPFL players is questionable ).

please let it end here...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:50am On Jul 18, 2021
Karlovych:
You were the one who used the word "better" in your argument. Why would someone who got 8As be picked over someone with 9As? That is why it's called competition. There are several times when league titles are decided by a parameter called goal difference, it doesn't mean the top two teams aren't competent but one was clearly better than the other on key parameters that matter

the problem here is we are talking about life in general not a leaderboard / league table..

someone who got 8As will be picked because his also competent and gets his/her quota.

If person A is the best person in his/her state and his state government advertises vacancy for 100 positions and they write an exam to determine the 100 people and the exam total is 50. 150 people apply for the vacancy and the results come and person A position is 101 with a score of 49/50 while the top 100 who are not from his state also get 49/50 ( from 114 - 40 ) and 50/50 ( from 39 - 1 ) ..

using your logic, person A must be rejected...

end..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:05am On Jul 18, 2021
codemaniacs:

the problem here is we are talking about life in general not a leaderboard / league table..

someone who got 8As will be picked because his also competent and gets his/her quota.

If person A is the best person in his/her state and his state government advertises vacancy for 100 positions and they write an exam to determine the 100 people and the exam total is 50. 150 people apply for the vacancy and the results come and person A position is 101 with a score of 49/50 while the top 100 who are not from his state also get 49/50 ( from 114 - 40 ) and 50/50 ( from 39 - 1 ) ..

using your logic, person A must be rejected...

end..
grin grin grin you have serious problem. So you want quotas to be introduced when selecting players for the national team as if there are only 3 tribes in the country. Tell me the quotas players from Ijaw, Kanuri, Fulani, Jukun, Idoma, Tiv, Ibibio, Ogoni, Berom, Oron, Etche, Ikwerre, Gwari, Anang and others should occupy to better represent your ideal Nigeria? Because last time I checked there are Nigerian clubsides with equally competent players in the regions where those people exist. You need to change your line of thinking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:10am On Jul 18, 2021
No problem, I am sorry for calling you an ethnic bigot.
I do think foreign-born players are also foreign-based players.
Onachu and Desser are in the same team but Onachu is performing better and he is deservedly invited ahead of Desser. Sanusi plays ahead of Aina.
Against USA Onome and Ogbonna started ahead of Zogg.
Also, Oshoala and Ayinde started ahead of the foreign-born players.
We do have training camps ahead of a major tournament where every qualified player is invited.
Therefore, I do not see any need for entitlement.
If you are good you should be selected no matter your place of birth!
codemaniacs:

If you had read the post from when this issue started you'll have seen where I said:

Foreign born players and foreign based players are 2 different things entirely.

I:henacho is a foreign based player while Okoye is a foreign born player.

I:henacho is not from the local league.. it's about protecting players like nacho.

protecting the quota of foreign based players and Nigerian based players ( players in U17 and U19 and Academy players not NPFL players because the age of NPFL players is questionable ).

please let it end here...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2021
Peterside Ijeh's daughters were invited to the Super falcons camp. Time really does fly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:14am On Jul 18, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin grin you have serious problem. So you want quotas to be introduced when selecting players for the national team as if there are only 3 tribes in the country. Tell me the quotas players from Ijaw, Kanuri, Fulani, Jukun, Idoma, Tiv, Ibibio, Ogoni, Berom, Oron, Etche, Ikwerre, Gwari, Anang and others should occupy to better represent your ideal Nigeria? Because last time I checked there are Nigerian clubsides with equally competent players in the regions where those people exist. You need to change your line of thinking

now you're getting the point cheesy cheesy cheesy ..

I can't believe it took explanations upon explanations cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:23am On Jul 18, 2021
fabyom:
No problem, I am sorry for calling you an ethnic bigot.
I do think foreign-born players are also foreign-based players.
Onachu and Desser are in the same team but Onachu is performing better and he is deservedly invited ahead of Desser. Sanusi plays ahead of Aina.
Against USA Onome and Ogbonna started ahead of Zogg.
Also, Oshoala and Ayinde started ahead of the foreign-born players.
We do have training camps ahead of a major tournament where every qualified player is invited.
Therefore, I do not see any need for entitlement.
If you are good you should be selected no matter your place of birth!

they ( some people on this thread ) want the national team to be at least 90% - 96% foreign born players..

players like iheanacho, osimhen, chukwueze, oshoala started from Nigeria with poor training facilities.. while players like dessers, aina, okoye started with at least above basic training facilities so naturally they are also good to be selected...

if you add "no matter your place of birth" to the issue, Nigeria can pick 30 players who are foreign born and that will totally freeze out players like iheanacho, osimhen, chukwueze, oshoala..

I am saying Nigerians born ( and trained ) in Nigeria but playing abroad should be given a quota of at least 50% because the amount of foreign born players Nigeria has can permanently sideline the foreign based players..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:23am On Jul 18, 2021
codemaniacs:

now you're getting the point cheesy cheesy cheesy ..

I can't believe it took explanations upon explanations cheesy cheesy cheesy
It's no wonder the country is hardly making any progress, where someone's origin rather than their ability is what determines who gets opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:36am On Jul 18, 2021
If they are better, why not? The best should rep the country. Simple!
codemaniacs:

they ( some people on this thread ) want the national team to be at least 90% - 96% foreign born players..

players like iheanacho, osimhen, chukwueze, oshoala started from Nigeria with poor training facilities.. while players like dessers, aina, okoye started with at least above basic training facilities so naturally they are also good to be selected...

if you add "no matter your place of birth" to the issue, Nigeria can pick 30 players who are foreign born and that will totally freeze out players like iheanacho, osimhen, chukwueze, oshoala..

I am saying Nigerians born ( and trained ) in Nigeria but playing abroad should be given a quota of at least 50% because the amount of foreign born players Nigeria has can permanently sideline the foreign based players..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:38am On Jul 18, 2021
Karlovych:
It's no wonder the country is hardly making any progress, where someone's origin rather than their ability is what determines who gets opportunity.

now you're missing the point Oooo embarassed embarassed

it is "where origin and ability determines who gets opportunity" that I mean ...

don't confuse my words..

like chucs said above : "Please some people that studied abroad are not necessarily more knowledge than some people here."

In my remix of his quote so that you'll understand - people born abroad don't necessarily have better ability than people born in Nigeria..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2021
fabyom:
If they are better, why not? The best should rep the country. Simple!

because of the environment the foreign born grow up in.. some of them will be better... and I'm also looking at the economic benefit to the Nigerian born players..

playing for Nigeria upgraded Okoye career drastically.. so Nigerian born players won't be able to upgrade their careers because the national team will be majorly foreign born players..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Anyone follow Ashleigh Plumptre? Does she really merit the callup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:56am On Jul 18, 2021
Ppogbae:
Anyone follow Ashleigh Plumptre? Does she really merit the callup?
She does. Seriously, she's better than many of our current defenders. I even heard she turned down England to play for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2021
codemaniacs:

now you're missing the point Oooo embarassed embarassed

it is "where origin and ability determines who gets opportunity" that I mean ...

don't confuse my words..

like chucs said above : "Please some people that studied abroad are not necessarily more knowledge than some people here."

In my remix of his quote so that you'll understand - people born abroad don't necessarily have better ability than people born in Nigeria..
But those born in Nigeria we'll use quota system to evaluate their ability to determine their selection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:58am On Jul 18, 2021
Your argument is flawed cos Nigeria-born foreign-based players arguably have proven superior to the foreign-born and based players in the past and present.
I have stated some examples in my earlier post.
codemaniacs:

because of the environment the foreign born grow up in.. some of them will be better... and I'm also looking at the economic benefit to the Nigerian born players..

playing for Nigeria upgraded Okoye career drastically.. so Nigerian born players won't be able to upgrade their careers because the national team will be majorly foreign born players..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 7:00am On Jul 18, 2021
codemaniacs:

Playing for Nigeria also didn't upgrade the careers of Steven Ukoh and Hope Akpan and both of them were born abroad, talented players will always showcase their skills

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) (10950) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.