Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,730 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11969451 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) (10966) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2021
humility33:

You know nothing oga forgiveness.
Even a kid knows that yar adua was a fulani. The posted screenshot earlier reads his paternal g. Mother is from sullubawa clan of fulani thats a clan.... does not mean his father is not a fulani

There difficult clans in a tribe/race...what did you study in school

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Umaru-Musa-YarAdua

Yaradua is Tuareg. Stop wasting your time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I think it is insensitive to say attack back. The killers are with sophisticated AK-47 riffles. The villagers are unarmed. So attacking back is out of it. With a government and a system that pets these bandits, it is literally difficult to think of attacking.

Either way, the slaughter is going on and something needs to happen to stop it.

you're talking like a northerner who supports the killings.. that's one of the reasons I'm very particular about ethnicity and religion of the person I'm talking/chatting to...

attacking back is about putting fear in them even with their A:K-47... the villa:gers have cutlasses, sticks and sticks that can be sharpened, dogs and other wild animals e.t.c.

like I said the killings haven't stopped since the 1800s so its not stopping anytime soon, they are j:ihadists and "violent ethnic supremacists" THEY BELIEVE killing non-fulanis is an act of worshiping G:od...

In your other comment that I wanted to quote before I saw this mention you said "He believes playing for the National team under this government is supporting the government."..

the keyword here is "believes" ... what the man's believes are very wrong... just the same what you believe concerning the SF situation is also very wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Yaradua is Tuareg. Stop wasting your time.

Show me proof that is more authentic than Britannica
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2021
humility33:

Thats my fear.... the northern elite would convince their people to vote the northerner PDP brings should APC field in a southern candidate thats why i said forgiveness is not critical in thinking

The North plays politics better than us I have stayed with them and even work as an INEC APO1 during 2015 election in the north a fulani enclave I have seen how this guys play politics...forget our sophistication and education in the south they outsmart us

North can’t win election in Nigeria without the support of a region in South and whole regions in the South has unanimously agreed a Southerner must be fielded.

I don’t know why you can’t think about the current situation but continue to see through the lens of sentiment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2021
You can call me whatever you like that's your f.. problem. Nobody chooses where to be born. We are all human beings. "Love your Neighbour as yourself". If you can't love others what makes you different from Boko haram? You are a southern Bokoharam.

Leaders build, they don't destroy. Nations expand, they don't shrink!
codemaniacs:

spoken like a true northerner...

there's a difference between hate and profiling... when a whyte person attacks anyone of African descent then it is usually considered to be racial attack, when an African attacks another African of a different African ethnicity then it should also be considered a tribal or ethnic attack.

the resources I'm talking about would have belong to independent countries if bri:tain had separated ethnic nations that already had sizeable population but they didn't...

so you can keep sponsoring your j:ihads and anti-south mantra... I don't care, I am not calling for Nigeria's to separate, besides Nigeria is not a nation, its a group of nations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2021
humility33:

Show me proof that is more authentic than Britannica

Nobi somebody write am dere? grin

Dude is Tuareg not Fulani.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

North can’t win election in Nigeria without the support of a region in South and whole regions in the South has unanimously agreed a Southerner must be fielded.

I don’t know why you can’t think about the current situation but continue to see through the lens of sentiment.
U believe in that agreement when we have southern saboteurs

Watch how Atiku having peter obi as running mate would win the north and south east should APC field someone like Tinubu

Forget it bro, the north have always play this politics of thriving on our differences in the south

The North need just one region from the south to emerge president
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Nobi somebody write am dere? grin

Dude is Tuareg not Fulani.

Then show me the one u wrote

Fulani are more in kastina than elsewhere i will presume in the north
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hausa(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2021
cc12:
Raphael Onyedika, Midtjylland's replacement for Frank Onyeka, is in the starting line up for Midtjylland vs Celtic Champions league qualifier.
I'm sorry, is it Onyedika?
I'm seeing Nwadike.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:56am On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
You can call me whatever you like that's your f.. problem. Nobody chose where to be born. We are all human beings. "Love your Neighbour as yourself". If you can't love others what makes you different from Bokshocked har:am? You are a southern Bo:koh:aram.

A nation is a group of people with same language, culture, history and inhabiting a particular territory.. Nigeria is not a nation.

you're playing the religious card with your "Love your Neighbour as yourself" comment unfortunately for you I don't believe in God , I am not religious, I don't believe in chris:tianity or I:slam and most important I don't believe in eu:ropean and arab relig:ions.

people who say things like "we are all human beings" are beneficiaries of an oppressive and oppressing society.. I have never k:illed anyone or attempted to k:ill anyone so you can't call me a te:rrorist...

you must be related to someone in govt or be a govt official to say such.

it is govt officials from northern nigeria that classify people who are not pro-nigeria as terror:ists..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:58am On Jul 21, 2021
jihday:
have you ever heard 'Abacha's team won the football Olympic gold medal in 96' ? Instead they say 'Nigeria won football Olympic gold medal in 96'
Exactly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:01am On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
You can call me whatever you like that's your f.. problem. Nobody chose where to be born. We are all human beings. "Love your Neighbour as yourself". If you can't love others what makes you different from Boko haram? You are a southern Bokoharam.

The same God who said love your neighbor as yourself (which is not practicable) confound their language so that they may not understand one another’s speech hence scattered them upon the face of the earth.

That’s why we should ask ourselves the motive behind amalgamation of different Nations to form a country by those who sat on a table in Berlin with a pencil and knife to draw artificial maps with no regards for Ethnic boundaries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2021
codemaniacs:

you're talking like a northerner who supports the killings.. that's one of the reasons I'm very particular about ethnicity and religion of the person I'm talking/chatting to...

attacking back is about putting fear in them even with their A:K-47... the villa:gers have cutlasses, sticks and sticks that can be sharpened, dogs and other wild animals e.t.c.

like I said the killings haven't stopped since the 1800s so its not stopping anytime soon, they are j:ihadists and "violent ethnic supremacists" THEY BELIEVE killing non-fulanis is an act of worshiping G:od...

In your other comment that I wanted to quote before I saw this mention you said "He believes playing for the National team under this government is supporting the government."..

the keyword here is "believes" ... what the man's believes are very wrong... just the same what you believe concerning the SF situation is also very wrong.

First of all, I am a southerner. Akwa-Ibom State for a fact. I am saying the people are defenseless. Two robbers with AK-47 riffles held down a police force in America for 44 minutes. Let alone 20 of them. The cutlass and knives are literally a joke.

If you are talking of locally made guns, then that can be a start. However, it takes a government willing to stop the killings to help tackle it.

My suggestion is local police force in the areas of high-risk. Arm them to their teeth and watch them take out these bandits. Unfortunately, I doubt the government is willing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2021
codemaniacs:

You believe he is wrong. I believe he is right. That is why I said he has sparked up a debate, laying salient points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
That one too is not allowed. Leave everything Super Eagles of Nigeria entirely. Unless the player of Nigerian origin is playing for England or has never been invited to camp before. Also the comments about them should be outside this thread. This is Super Eagles not Nigerian origin thread.

That's when I'll know that you're serious smiley

I will gladly do that too if the need arises.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05am On Jul 21, 2021
humility33:

U believe in that agreement when we have southern saboteurs

Watch how Atiku having peter obi as running mate would win the north and south east should APC field someone like Tinubu

Forget it bro, the north have always play this politics of thriving on our differences in the south

The North need just one region from the south to emerge president

You think Southerners are dunce, abi?

Well, you don’t know anything except blabbering.

Do you think Benue, Taraba, Adamawa, Abuja, Kwara, Kogi etc will vote for a Northerner?

You don’t know anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:13am On Jul 21, 2021
humility33:

Then show me the one u wrote

Fulani are more in kastina than elsewhere i will presume in the north

My man, Yaradua rode on that to win election. He is a Tuareg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:19am On Jul 21, 2021
The North has never won an election in Nigeria without the help of a region in the south. Please we need to stop all these North can play politics better than the South nonsense.
Abiola vs Tofa - Abiola
Obasanjo (North & South-East) vs Olufalae (South-West)- Obasanjo
Obasanjo (All South) vs Buhari (North)- Obasanjo
Yaradua (All South & North) vs Buhari (North)- Yaradua
Jonathan (All South) vs Buhari (North)- Jonathan
Jonathan (S/S & S/E) vs Buhari (North & South-West)- Buhari

The joker of Nigerian politics between the core North and South is the middle belt and North East:
The middle belts from history tend to follow the South voting patterns-
Jos, Benue, Kogi, Kwara, 50% Niger State, and Southern Kaduna.
North East voting patterns that align with the South-
40% Gombe State, Taraba, 35% Nasarawa, 35% Adamawa.

Add Jos, Benue, Kwara, Kogi and Taraba to the 17 Southern States you have 22 out of 36 states.

If the South unanimously present a candidate that candidate will win.
The question is can the South forge a common front. Maybe or maybe not.
Another question is what benefit accrued to Nigerians when Southerners were president?
However, I believe this is the right time for a president from the Southeast (Obi/Moghalu).
Although, I would have preferred Osibanjo!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, I am a southerner. Akwa-Ibom State for a fact. I am saying the people are defenseless. Two robbers with AK-47 riffles held down a police force in America for 44 minutes. Let alone 20 of them. The cutlass and knives are literally a joke.

If you are talking of locally made guns, then that can be a start. However, it takes a government willing to stop the killings to help tackle it.

My suggestion is local police force in the areas of high-risk. Arm them to their teeth and watch them take out these bandits. Unfortunately, I doubt the government is willing.

no one is defenseless.

it takes a group of people or even one person to stop the killings to help tackle it and at worst it takes a state government and not the federal govt willing to stop the killings to help tackle it.

you expect a federal government filled with j:ihadists and non-efik non-ibibio to become willing to stop killings that they believe is the will of the God they are worshiping.. You lack ethnic consciousness..

A person from Akwa-ibom state should only be concerned about Akwa-ibom and Akwa-ibom people and how the Akwa-ibom diaspora ( people from Akwa-Ibom living outside Akwa-Ibom ) are doing...

note: I am not saying you should be anti-nigeria.. you can be pro-akwa-ibom and still not be anti-nigeria...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:25am On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Read this if you think a punch is necessary to constitute assault.
https://www.lexisnexis.co.uk/legal/guidance/common-assault-battery

He didn’t assault in anyway. He only told them not to represent Nigeria under the leadership of Buhari.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2021
You people were almost fighting yourself to extinction at Kiriji war before the white men forcefully stopped you. Amalgamation took the political war far away from home. I wonder what will happen when it gets to Egba's turn and Ibadan says no in your imaginary Odua republic? Operation wetii alone should tell you that the Yorubas sees politics as do or die.
forgiveness:

The same God who said love your neighbor as yourself (which is not practicable) confound their language so that they may not understand one another’s speech hence scattered them upon the face of the earth.

That’s why we should ask ourselves the motive behind amalgamation of different Nations to form a country by those who sat on a table in Berlin with a pencil and knife to draw artificial maps with no regards for Ethnic boundaries.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:28am On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I'm tired of correcting that BS. Having issues with the government doesn't mean everything related to Nigeria should stop else you support the government. That's very silly thinking. I don't know why Nigerians like to victim cry about fulanization, jihad and some other trash they can't prove.

Can prove Bokoharam exist? Can prove ethnic cleansing going on? Hmmmm!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2021
Abeg let's get back to talking soccer.
Politicians should go to the politics section. Ese pupo!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
You people were almost fighting yourself to extinction at Kiriji war before the white men forcefully stopped you. Amalgamation took the political war far away from home. I wonder what will happen when it gets to Egba's turn and Ibadan says no in your imaginary Odua republic? Operation wetii alone should tell you that the Yorubas sees politics as do or die.

Point of correction. White Man didn’t forcefully stop the war.

Since you don’t know the motive behind the war, I will let you know.

The war was for the unification of all clans in other to form a unit and be able to resist colonialism that was foreseen long before Oyinbo came.

That was normal and it happened all over Europe and Asia and we can see they are enjoying the benefits of the unification.

Besides, there was unification before Kiriji war and we saw one of the greatest empires in Africa emerged from it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2021
You guys are turning this place to politics section

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:51am On Jul 21, 2021
solonnachi:
It seems Michael Olise is gradually making up his mind for Nigeria

Why did you say so, sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:54am On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

He didn’t assault in anyway. He only told them not to represent Nigeria under the leadership of Buhari.
Endangering public peace and abusive behavior is still a criminal offence in Austria sorry.

Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in a public
place
It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place with the intention of breaching the peace. For example, if your words or actions are likely to cause a fight with the person you are insulting, or a group of youths is looking for trouble because of their threatening behaviour towards other people. If you are found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence of up to 3 months.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2021
Bascovanveli3:

He was wrong as hell and that was a punk move. This just proves some Nigerians love picking on the weak. Didn't the Super Eagles have a camp in Austria lately Where was my guy then? I guess Nigeria had a non evil government a couple months ago.

There is no athlete that puts on the green white and green and thinks "let me give it all for my government". They have families and communities that they are representing. They represent you and I.

Maybe for their own benefit!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57am On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Endangering public peace and abusive behavior is still a criminal offence in Austria sorry.

place
It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place with the intention of breaching the peace. For example, if your words or actions are likely to cause a fight with the person you are insulting, or a group of youths is looking for trouble because of their threatening behaviour towards other people. If you are found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence of up to 3 months.

Is that applicable in Austria?

How did he threaten them? Though I heard F words.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:57am On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
Abeg let's get back to talking soccer.
Politicians should go to the politics section. Ese pupo!
Exactly. And those who are harbouring hatred against the super eagles or falcons for whatever reason shouldn't remain here. That's hypocrisy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

place

You are too used to Nigeria’s setup. He argued he is protesting.

This is a political protest not personal. That’s why it can never be viewed as assault.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Is that applicable in Austria?

How did he threaten them? Though I heard F words.
If you didn't see any abusive or insultive behavior in the video. Then you didn't watch the video.

You think freedom of speech means that anyone can walk up to someone and start to deliberately provoke them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) (10966) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), Hanibal(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.