Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,287 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11945684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11119) (11120) (11121) (11122) (11123) (11124) (11125) ... (16357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nerdie, what about my boy, Samuel Chukwueze? Why isn’t he in camp?? Is he still injured

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update

The Monster Machine is in!

The lads are looking happily bad-ass. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
Daniel James for 25 mil is just ridiculous

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2021
andrew444:
Good evening ,I trust everyone is good

I lost my first child today after birth ,it hasn’t been easy

Wishing you guys a better week ahead .

Chai..

Sorry for your loss brother. It is well

May its soul rest in peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
It's going down tommorow cool

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that former Nigeria U20 captain Ikouwem Udo has ended his association with Israeli club Maccabi Haifa.

Croatian top-flight side NK Slaven Belupo are set to announce the signing of Udo on a permanent deal.

The promising left-back passed his physical examination with flying colours, paving the way for him to sign a two-year deal that will keep him at NK Slaven Belupo until the end of the 2022-2023 season.

Udo's transfer to Maccabi Haifa did not go as planned as he struggled to break into the first team, making only two starts during his stint with the Greens.

And as a result, the former Enyimba star was loaned out to Bnei Sakhnin for the whole of last season.

Udo was one of the Flying Eagles players that left with his reputation intact after their dismal performance at the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup, leading to his nomination for the prestigious Golden Boy.

NK Slaven Belupo, who are ninth in the HNL table after seven matches, travel to Rijeka in their first game after the international break on September 11.
SMH, they promised us this guy would be on of the greatest lb we’ve ever seen, see him struggling to play for backwater clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ppogbae:

Almeria is delusional. This guy is supposed to be in Sevilla by now. Are they going through financial difficulties?
it’s the opposite, if they were going through some financial difficulties they’ll be eager to sell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:32am On Sep 01, 2021
The former Danish champions are set to repeat the same template that has brought them financial success in recent times

Taking to their official website, FC Midtjylland have announced the capture of 18-year-old dynamic midfielder Gabriel Kehinde Victor from FC Ebedei in Nigeria.

Revealing why the Wolves decided to bring the teenager to Denmark, the club’s deputy sports manager Ove Pedersen noted that Gabriel has a “dynamic midfield engine with good technique and a strong physical package.

“He must be trained for European football, but we fully believe that together we can realize his great potential.”

Gabriel is expected to team up with Midtjylland’s u-19 side initially.

The youngster will look to follow in the footsteps of illustrious compatriots who joined Midtjylland from their sister club in Nigeria before achieving success in Europe.

Genk striker Paul Onuachu and Brentford’s midfielder Frank Onyeka arrived in Denmark as teenagers from FC Ebedei and are now among the most recognisable Super Eagles stars in Europe.

Midtjylland got them for next to nothing but allowed Onuachu to join the Smurfs for €6 million in 2019 and sanctioned Onyeka’s switch to the Bees this summer for €10 million.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Ppogbae:
All this hotel wahala because the FG and NFF won't invest in a national training center
Ota Camp days are gone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:30am On Sep 01, 2021
The team was divided to two, A & B.

Team A:

Uzoho
Aina
Tyrone
Balogun
Ekong
Ndidi
Etebo
Simon
Musa
Kalu
Moffi.

Team B:

Akpeyi
Shehu
Adeleke
Omeruo
Valentine
Kingsley
Bonke
Iheanacho
Osimhen
Onyekuru
Ejuke.

Team B defeated Team A, 3-2 in the practice game.

Kelechi Iheanacho scored twice while Victor Osimhen scored the third for the victorious Team B.

Moffi & Kalu were Team A goals scorers.

Iheanacho and Osimhen formed a terrific partnership in the final third.

The two goalkeepers in training today, Uzoho and Akpeyi had a decent performance, they made some beautiful saves.

Uzoho with a double saves to keep the result decent for Team A.

Akpeyi also made a late save to keep his team victory.

Culled from Twitter

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:23am On Sep 01, 2021
So after all the noise, no moves for Paul Onuachu and Sadiq Umar? Yet they wanna rep the eagles in big tourneys? Who would overlook Awoniyi banging it in, in the Bundesliga, and maybe a Dessers running a show with Feyenord in the Eredivisie for some segunda striker like Sadiq and a Belgian league striker like Onuachu? Some of these our players dey mumu. Onuachu and Ike Ugbo na dem mumu pass. Ike Ugbo's reason for leaving Chelsea was that he wants to rep the eagles in Qatar, yet he went to Genk while the smarter striker realized the mistake he made last summer then left Genk for Feyenord.

Next call ups now, Awoniyi would be more deserving of an invite than Onuachu, and na like that Onuachu go say bye-bye to his world cup dreams.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29am On Sep 01, 2021
jihday:
The team was divided to two, A & B.

Team A:

Uzoho
Aina
Tyrone
Balogun
Ekong
Ndidi
Etebo
Simon
Musa
Kalu
Moffi.

Team B:

Akpeyi
Shehu
Adeleke
Omeruo
Valentine
Kingsley
Bonke
Iheanacho
Osimhen
Onyekuru
Ejuke.

Team B defeated Team A, 3-2 in the practice game.

Kelechi Iheanacho scored twice while Victor Osimhen scored the third for the victorious Team B.

Moffi & Kalu were Team A goals scorers.

Iheanacho and Osimhen formed a terrific partnership in the final third.

The two goalkeepers in training today, Uzoho and Akpeyi had a decent performance, they made some beautiful saves.

Uzoho with a double saves to keep the result decent for Team A.

Akpeyi also made a late save to keep his team victory.

Culled from Twitter

And this pic summarises it all. Nice spot Jide wink

I understand Kingsley Michael is balling very good in camp and impressing. He starred for the winning Team B also. He may not have fully earned his invite but the talent is obviously there and I hope he proves himself in the GWG on matchday proper. Hopefully a few others just as talented and balling good get their chances in the long run. We need more quality MF options.

The Winning team in practice below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:36am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I understand Kingsley Michael is balling very good in camp and impressing. He starred for the winning Team B also. He may not have fully earned his invite but the talent is obviously there and I hope he proves himself in the GWG on matchday proper. Hopefully a few others just as talented and balling good get their chances in the long run. We need more quality MF options.

I hope Kingsley comes good but it hurts me that the Owerri boy is being played as a DM at Bologna instead of his preferred position CAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:37am On Sep 01, 2021
ChrisKels:
So after all the noise, no moves for Paul Onuachu and Sadiq Umar? Yet they wanna rep the eagles in big tourneys? Who would overlook Awoniyi banging it in, in the Bundesliga, and maybe a Dessers running a show with Feyenord in the Eredivisie for some segunda striker like Sadiq and a Belgian league striker like Onuachu? Some of these our players dey mumu. Onuachu and Ike Ugbo na dem mumu pass. Ike Ugbo's reason for leaving Chelsea was that he wants to rep the eagles in Qatar, yet he went to Genk while the smarter striker realized the mistake he made last summer then left Genk for Feyenord.

Next call ups now, Awoniyi would be more deserving of an invite than Onuachu, and na like that Onuachu go say bye-bye to his world cup dreams.

Yeah you are right. Add to that the possibility of Simmy getting another 20 goals in the Italian league and things
will become more dificult.
HOWEVER
Style of play and interest of coach can come into play.
Sometimes coaches select players because they blend into their formation or
their style of play is effective. As in maurinho's time in Chelsea, he prefered players like
Drogba and essein not necesarly because they were the best in the world but because they fitted into his formation.
I personally will prefer Umar because of his creativity but Im not the coach
and i dont know how he thinks or his idea.
BUT
MEAN THIS GENERATION IS PRODUCING TOO MANY STRIKERS.
NOW EVERY SEASON A NEW STRIKER IS COMMING UP TO DO ONE WONDER OR THE OTHER

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46am On Sep 01, 2021
Icon79:
Nerdie, what about my boy, Samuel Chukwueze? Why isn’t he in camp?? Is he still injured

O pari

He is still out for now but he's been doing some gym work and light training in order to stay fit and get back into top physical conditioning and up his fitness state.

He needs a bit more time before he returns hence no rush to have him back.

This is him (below) in recovery training as at July 27. A month and 4 days have passed since then, so he is on track for a return in the near future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47am On Sep 01, 2021
The story of most African AMs in Europe. De ja vu.

ChrisKels:

I hope Kingsley comes good but it hurts me that the Owerri boy is being played as a DM at Bologna instead of his preferred position CAM

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:50am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

SuperNerd
Ill be honest with you converting african am to dm
is pure Rascism and bias.
It is just social bias and a norm that Africans are not seen as
been able to play as attacking midfielders or creative players
We cannot eradicate rascism and bias completely from human society
It also happens in American football where blacks are seen as not been
able to play the quater-back position.

Zaidu Sanusi's problems in Porto are also somewhat rascist
Maybe if he changes his name to Carlos Alena
and lie that his mother was Brazilian they will accept him.
Even his name is too ras for the Porto fans to like.
The want oyibo pepe jongo bonito from Sao paolo
not one bush hausa boy from Africa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:51am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

It is painful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:54am On Sep 01, 2021
Henry Onyekuru's transformation deserves to be studied by his team mates. Dude doesn't joke with his gym sessions. Just look at those biceps now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:09am On Sep 01, 2021
Icon79:
I didn’t watch him either. Does anyone have some video clips for us?

O pari

I think sir Icon4s, or Elder Kog45 could have,
Me too didn't watch him, heard of his displays, including that of Omokaro Bright

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Uzoho paths ways with APOEL but his next destination not disclosed yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2021
nelszx:
The turf at the Teslim Balogun stadium is looking incredible. So much work must have gone into it since the last time. It looks greener and better.
Pics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2021
ChrisKels:
Uzoho paths ways with APOEL but his next destination not disclosed yet.

Yeah. I think Uzoho and his management team has a destination in mind coz he obviously bought off his own contract judging by the info below.
But they retain certain rights in case Uzoho makes the WC squad. Meaning they will be compensated by FIFA like every other club will when their players go to the WC proper.

In all, time will tell where Uzoho plays his 21/22 season ahead of the Afcon and WC. Possibly looking to upgrade from Cyprus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Yeah. I think Uzoho and his management team has a destination in mind coz he obviously bought off his own contract judging by the info below.
But they retain certain rights in case Uzoho makes the WC squad. Meaning they will be compensated by FIFA like every other club will when their players go to the WC proper.

In all, time will tell where Uzoho plays his 21/22 season ahead of the Afcon and WC. Possibly looking to upgrade from Cyprus.

Not a good move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Kingsley Michael, DM kwa? One day we go hear say Napoli don convert Osihmen to DM.
Meanwhile, going forward all these hyped transfer speculations we give to our players should stop.
Imagine some of speculations we had
1. Onuachu - Lyon, Westham, Arsenal
2. Sadiq - Bayern Munich, Sevilla
3. Ndidi - Manchester United, PSG, Juventus
4. Moffi - Dortmund, Inter
5. Nwakali - Leads
Among other unrealistic speculations.
Truth is, most of our players are Average and below average they lack ball confidence especially Ndidi, there's nothing special about his play, no need to dey hype.
Drops mic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2021
2lola:

Don't make me laugh

Anosmia and Aguesia are rare symptoms you will see in Malaria or typhoid if at all you will see it.
With the rate at which people are having both with cough I don't know why you will still think it is false oo.
Basically Covid 19 will present with one or more of
1.Cough
2. Cattarh
3.Sore throat
4. Loss of smell
5. Loss of taste
6. Erectile dysfunction (yes)
7. Joint pain
8. General weakness.

If you have 3 or more of this together it is better you go for the test

You can laugh, it's allowed, the key word is Rare, but it's not rule out, or why do you think some people with fever/typhoid, died,

And even before the vaccine was produced, we had been record low deaths, and high recovery rates,

And don't give me that senseless talk, about our heat, cos to much heat/sun is also a cause for Fever

And from all your >point listed, only 6 is out of place, the rest are symptoms of fever/typhoid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Super Eagles in Camp: Countdown to Liberia game

Some action pics from the practice game held yesterday which Jihday already reported.

1. Osimhen doing the Classic Italian protest hand gesture. grin #SerieAInfluence
He is seen here with Team B teammates, Kingsley Michael and Innocent Bonke. And ofcos Ahmed Musa of Team A.

2. Osimhen (Team B) vs Ekong (Team A)

3. Iheanacho (Team B) whining Uzoho (Team A). grin

4. Ndidi (Team A) vs Osimhen and Bonke (Team B)

Pics courtesy: @OgaNlaMedia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2021
ChrisKels:
Henry Onyekuru's transformation deserves to be studied by his team mates. Dude doesn't joke with his gym sessions. Just look at those biceps now.

Writing Kels dey spy, wey em eyes no face camera
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2021
Super Eagles in Camp: Countdown to Liberia Game

1. Ebuehi and Ejuke.

2. Iwobi and Collins.

3. Ozornwafor, Collins, Onyekuru, Omeruo

4. Ekong, One of the Asst.coaches - Yobo, Iheanacho (behind), Onyekuru, Shehu and GK Trainer, Alloysius Uzoma Agu.

P.S: I know I have already pointed it out before but It is really very striking how Valentine Ozornwafor and Adeleke Adekunle look so alike facially. I had to use their heights and their boots to tell them apart in a few pics. Na wa. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2021
lloydtruth:

Kingsley Michael, DM kwa? One day we go hear say Napoli don convert Osihmen to DM.
Meanwhile, going forward all these hyped transfer speculations we give to our players should stop.
Imagine some of speculations we had
1. Onuachu - Lyon, Westham, Arsenal
2. Sadiq - Bayern Munich, Sevilla
3. Ndidi - Manchester United, PSG, Juventus
4. Moffi - Dortmund, Inter
5. Nwakali - Leads
Among other unrealistic speculations.
Truth is, most of our players are Average and below average they lack ball confidence especially Ndidi, there's nothing special about his play, no need to dey hype.
Drops mic.
my brother u said it all cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2021
Super Eagles in Camp: Countdown to Liberia game

The Nearly Twins... Adeleke and Ozornwafor. wink

1. Adeleke Adekunle (Abia Warriors)

2. Valentine Ozornwafor (Charleroi on loan from Galatasaray)

3. Adeleke Adekunle

4. Both Adeleke (bent) and Ozornwafor (kneeling on one knee) in Group pic of Team B.

Yeah, there are actually some marked differences in their facial features if you look a little closer and not even harder. But just casually looking at both could confuse one for a second, especially depending on the angle of view. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2021
charlesemeka85:
my brother u said it all cheesy

But na you be the author of 99% of those transfer speculations. No be you dey drop am anyhow without due verification? You wan come cover your tracks by quoting wetin be your responsibility. grin

Abi na Nwakali name make your prick stand as usual. cheesy Looollll... grin

Emeka, the Nicolo Schira of NL. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Kingsley have always been a good player

He can shot with precision and used to pass well don't know of now
Remember he was one of the few players that played well in aigbogun previous under 20 team.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11119) (11120) (11121) (11122) (11123) (11124) (11125) ... (16357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, minfelix(m), chrisooblog, dijon, MetalJigsaw(m), Goke7 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.