Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11596145 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11213) (11214) (11215) (11216) (11217) (11218) (11219) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ppogbae:
If Igahlo returns to the Super Eagles, who does he replace?
The starting eleven cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Danielnino00:
I'm really wondering why the Lagos State government didn't give the Teslim Balogun stadium pitch the same treatment this Mobolaji Johnson stadium got... The pitch was used for 6 days non stop and was still in good condition...
Hybrid turf is the way to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Losing to countries like Jamaica and South Africa??

Randy Waldrum is on the chopping block grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
Highlights of Nigeria vs South Africa

Will make a longer more detailed one tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqJv5vPG1-c
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ppogbae:
Losing to countries like Jamaica and South Africa??

Randy Waldrum is on the chopping block grin grin

Please, those veterans in the team are spent already. They were woeful.

It was not rocket science that our best players in the team are new young players and few home based.

Oshoala is finished until further notice. She's been bad for some months now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iwobi Everton's worst player of that half.

A complete liability in two consecutive games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

What exactly is the reason for his inconsistency?
Can you harzard a guess or pull out stats to point to the problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

bros abeg forget longer one, we no want watch that match again,

first half display nearly give me headache, especially that third goal,

not to talk of our patrol forward line, no pressing, no urgency, no cohesion, nor team chemistry

pls don't drop it pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
Toluwalase Arokodare scored today

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

According to TheLoneCitizen.

If you had said arguably the worst player, then there might be no need replying you, but you sounded in absolute terms which made it a false witness account, because Iwobi wasn't the worst player of that half, and wasn't a liability, let alone a complete liability in their last two games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KingCold: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Well done girls smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KingCold: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
South Africa beating Nigeria 2-0. Our players look too big, old, overweight and slow. [b]Those small Southie girls in oversized jerseys [/b]are giving us a big problem.
Lol.It's this stupid kit we're wearing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Iwobi was handed everything in that match to shine:

1. A starting position behind the striker
2. Less defensive responsibilities
3. A one on one clear-cut chance handed on a platter of gold via a defensive mixup when Everton were 1-0 down.
The funny thing about that chance is that Iwobi rarely finds himself in such positions.
4. The coach refusing to sub him off despite him tiring at 70 mins
5. The coach moving him to striker rather than Demarai Gray after Rondon was substituted

Yet man flopped. This is why he gets so much stick on social media.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Luthben:

What exactly is the reason for his inconsistency?

In my opinion, his problems are lack of confidence and his versatility.

Most people think being able to play in many positions is a blessing, but he is only a jack of all trade and master of none.

James Rodriguez has played in only one position since his signing.
New signing, Townsend, only one.
Demaria Gray two.
Richarlison two.
Under Rafael Benitez alone, Iwobi has played in 4! Striker, AM, LW and RW.

This is not including the l/r wingback, right fullback and l/r/c midfield positions under Ancelotti. That is 10 positions in one year.

If you tweak something too much, it will break.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
I decided to go back to this post just to buttress further my point

You made the following statement and i quote.
Please note the emphasis

TheLoneCitizen:
Victor Moses outplayed Ejuke in every aspect this evening, despite playing at wingback.

Ejuke couldn't get past.

To prove your statement wrong, i said the following:

Meliforme:

This is Victor Moses greatest showing since the league commencement. Dude just took advantage of a bad midfield setup to shine.
Of all the forwards that featured for both teams, Ejuke got the highest rating. That should tell you something.
Ejuke won more cleaner tackles than Victor Moses and recorded a better passing accuracy.

Ejuke has a better rating in the current league season than Victor Moses.

I watched the match.
Ejuke is on the list of top tackles made and had a better passing accuracy according to whoscored.

What got me smarting were the words in every aspect and that statement is wrong.
and adding the fact that Ejuke's decision making and movements contributed immensely to the lone goal made your claim a lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
Seems carpentry is a female profession too

What a man can do, a woman can do better

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
12large1:
"Osimehn lacks Quality in tight spaces but is hard to catch in open spaces" (Napoli coach) he just reechoed what I said last season, i.e positioning himself properly. I like this new coach because he is blunt and direct which will help a player improve on his weakness
Osimehn, ndidi and iheanacho are our closest now to being world class and we must support, constructively criticize and promote them as much as possible

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/football-italia.net/spalletti-explains-why-inter-and-milan-have-the-edge-over-napoli-in-title-race/amp/

Please remove iheanacho from that list immediately

That's an insult to the remaining two hardworking players

Iheanacho ke...bros you no try at all

Iheanacho is average on his best day

Very lazy and unambitious player

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
jargooflife912:
Paul Onuachu has sign contract extension with KRC Genk till 2024

grin grin grin grin grin

Remember when people thought he would play for milan or dortmund or leicester. Someone here even mentioned Liverpool

Naija players...I just dey laugh grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
Meliforme:
I decided to go back to this post just to buttress further my point

You made the following statement and i quote.
Please note the emphasis

To prove your statement wrong, i said the following:

I watched the match.
Ejuke is on the list of top tackles made and had a better passing accuracy according to whoscored.

What got me smarting were the words in every aspect and that statement is wrong.
Ejuke's decision making and movements that contributed to the lone goal made your claim a lie.

What are you trying to achieve with this argument, fam. The same Whoscored you quoted rated Victor Moses as the Man of the Match, so what's your point?

It's even worse that you watched the match for 90 minutes and couldn't discern that Victor Moses wasn't deployed in midfield as Sofascore suggested.

Meliforme:

Dude just took advantage of a bad midfield setup to shine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Joe Gomez is a very average player

He is the same as troost-Ekong. He is very lucky he is an English man

Otherwise, he ain't top quality material
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

And i thought the Black Queens were the shlttiest team? See who's out-queening the black queens?

No seriousness, cohesion, understanding, defensive prowess. Their body language is the same old one when they don't care.

Rivers Angel babe came ready for her own career. Was Oshoala on that pitch atall? Stale mehn. Dem go just chop for WWC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

What are you trying to achieve with this argument, fam. The same Whoscored you quoted rated Victor Moses as the Man of the Match, so what's your point?

It's even worse that you watched the match for 90 minutes and couldn't discern that Victor Moses wasn't deployed in midfield as Sofascore suggested.

Victor Moses was played as a Wingback, you don't need to be deployed as a midfielder to take advantage of a bad midfield. Wingbacks can exploit a bad midfield.
Being rated man of the match, doesn't mean that he edged Ejuke in every aspect.

If you are yet to see the point i am making, then there is no need engaging you.
The posts i made is not just for you, but to prevent feasting on bad information from a reputable source.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
Meliforme:

According to TheLoneCitizen.

If you had said arguably the worst player, then there might be no need replying you, but you sounded in absolute terms which made it a false witness account, because Iwobi wasn't the worst player of that half, and wasn't a liability, let alone a complete liability in their last two games.
don’t know tho but SofaScore rating back up his point, 6.1 lowest rating on the pitch

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
darkelf:
Seems carpentry is a female profession too

What a man can do, a woman can do better

Haha. They are the greatest female soccer team in the continent though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
jihday:
don’t know tho but SofaScore rating back up his point, 6.1 lowest rating on the pitch

He should have inserted the word arguably into his claims as this is not the view held by me and other reputable sites such as whoscored.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
darkelf:

LOLS... Bros, no kill pesin o!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2021
darkelf:

When I speak my mind now, they will say I am being rude. Iheanacho that scored 19 goals in all competition last season at the best league in the world and has 11 in 33 goals for Nigeria? Let’s be wise here bikonu

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:05am On Sep 22, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

His best position is number 8, behind the main striker and he must find a club willing to play him at his best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2021
12large1:

When I speak my mind now, they will say I am being rude. Iheanacho that scored 19 goals in all competition last season at the best league in the world and has 11 in 33 goals for Nigeria? Let’s be wise here bikonu

The best league in the wolrd...very debatable

Don't limit it to a season. Talk about last 3 seasons. Okay, what of this season despite the chances he has been given?

The guy is average on his best days

Close to world class...What a fucking Travesty?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:57am On Sep 22, 2021
darkelf:

The best league in the wolrd...very debatable

Don't limit it to a season. Talk about last 3 seasons. Okay, what of this season despite the chances he has been given?

The guy is average on his best days

Close to world class...What a fucking Travesty?

How can you watch Iheanacho last season and say that he is average at best? This is why I talk to people certain way here because it seems like some folks just comment ignorance to get a response. Iheanacho last season, was WORLD CLASS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:19am On Sep 22, 2021
12large1:

How can you watch Iheanacho last season and say that he is average at best? This is why I talk to people certain way here because it seems like some folks just comment ignorance to get a response. Iheanacho last season, was WORLD CLASS

Deluded fan

You're one of the noisemakers that are busy disgracing themselves on soccer on yo highlightsutube shouting Seniorman Kelz up and down like ESN thugs

Delusion is a medicine for your haunted souls....

Don't get me gong this morning. I'm not doing okay now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:58am On Sep 22, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Iwobi was handed everything in that match to shine:

1. A starting position behind the striker
2. Less defensive responsibilities
3. A one on one clear-cut chance handed on a platter of gold via a defensive mixup when Everton were 1-0 down.
The funny thing about that chance is that Iwobi rarely finds himself in such positions.
4. The coach refusing to sub him off despite him tiring at 70 mins
5. The coach moving him to striker rather than Demarai Gray after Rondon was substituted

Yet man flopped. This is why he gets so much stick on social media.

Oh , "IDENNAA just hate Iwobi "....I have always known Iwobi is sshit!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11213) (11214) (11215) (11216) (11217) (11218) (11219) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Curtisaxel17, Melvinity and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.