Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652396 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11246) (11247) (11248) (11249) (11250) (11251) (11252) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
do4luv14:

are you more Nigerian, than they

if going by your logic then, Iwobi, Ekong, heck, Leon, Aribo, even Maduka, Ebuehi are not Nigerians, so should be showed the door for your own Naija to play right

Without all these players you listed we would still perform even better than we are doing with them. What's my point , we dont need any of them except for Balogun and maybe Ebuehi (the boy is truly gifted) but I will still start Awaziem ahead of him. I am sorry bros , I don't rate these foreigners like you guys do. We can't all think the same way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Without all these players you listed we would still perform even better than we are doing with them. What's my point , we dont need any of them except for Balogun and maybe Ebuehi (the boy is truly gifted) but I will still start Awaziem ahead of him. I am sorry bros , I don't rate these foreigners like you guys do. We can't all think the same way.
ewu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

For somebody who has lived most of his life abroad and constantly criticise his country, the way you dislike foreign born players is odd...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
Danielnino00:

For somebody who has lived most of his life abroad and constantly criticise his country, the way you dislike foreign born players is odd...

I tell u...very funny grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
do4luv14:

Joel the glass led Obi,
hope the guy still dey ball
Ballot box ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
ewu

This is too bad. You can make your point without abusing. Please, it does not speak good of us on this forum if we keep displaying this kind of attitude. This is a public forum that gets wide searches. Anyone carrying out thorough research on a Nigerian player or players will likely land on this forum.

Things like this will make the thread shallow. Please let us try to restrict the abuses. Attack the point raised, not the person.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Danielnino00:

I have settled it in my mind that he is confused or mischievous or both sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=Danielnino00 post=106288336]

For somebody who has lived most of his life abroad and constantly criticise his country, the way you dislike foreign born players is odd...[/quote

My nigga , I dont dislike them , one bit. I just dont rate them above our Naija talents and I have my reasons. Aribo , Ekong , Iwobi , and Aina will all sit on the bench for me. Naija talent over foreigners....I cant join a foreigner like Rohr to destroy my fathers house.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:
My nigga , I dont dislike them , one bit. I just dont rate them above our Naija talents and I have my reasons. Aribo , Ekong , Iwobi , and Aina will all sit on the bench for me. Naija talent over foreigners....I cant join a foreigner like Rohr to destroy my fathers house.

Is it because they are foreigners or because the home based are better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
On another note, I believe despite the growth of our players in Europe, I feel we are missing a gold mine because the current people running our football are lazy. They are just in the business to harness what they want.

I will give you an instance.

When Christian Chukwu was appointed coach of the Super Eagles, at a certain period he was on break, he carried out a screening camp for players in feeders of our local clubs.

He went about watching matches of feeder teams and collecting phone numbers of players he saw with potentials.

Then after drafted a list of players from them and invited them to a camp in Ogun State, at Otta to be exact.

One of the players from Sharks FC feeders then made the cut. He said the first thing Coach Christian Chukwu taught them was endurance.

He said he brought axes, machetes, shovels, rakes and other farm tools. Measured a large piece of land in something that looked like a forest and told them to carry out a bush clearing work. (It is football they came to play)

He said they worked all day for days, clearing bush, raking, with not much food to eat. He said after about a week plus, they were done. Well raked pitches, wide and fresh.

He said, they rested, and keep in mind, feeding was not easy. They were supporting themselves and the coach was doing his best too.

Then he gave them a thorough lesson in total-football. He said for days, they did more of theory than field work. They only did intense jogging every morning and then lessons.

By the time they were ready for the field, he says it was nothing like he had ever seen. He said, he learnt things he did not know about football like breaking defenses with triangular passes, etc. He said you will pass ball until it became second nature to you. Pass and move.

He said, unfortunately, Christian Chukwu got sacked during their program and he believed if the coach had finished with them, they would have done wonders. The coach wanted to use them for one of the friendly games.

What I am pointing out is that, there is so much work to do in Nigerian football, but this current set have showed extreme laziness. No grassroot work, no grooming of future players. We just wait for players to break through in clubs or some foreign player to do well and pledge allegiance to us.

I hope we pick up from where we are and shoot for our potentials.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
kennysville:
One day will sha one day wen all our starting 11 and bench go be all players that switched allegiance to Naija. We go rest on top the matter.

And I hope we win a spoon with it all.

The average Nigerian has an inferior mindset and anything foreign is best to them...that's why allow a ffucking whitey with no tactical know-how to keep undermining our home talents. I will smoke a Buddha they day Rohr leaves Naija!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

yet again you shot yourself in the feet,
and so if you don't rate those foreigners
make we fry palmwine

why fuming, that they are getting invited instead of Nwakali

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
kingphilip:

Is it because they are foreigners or because the home based are better?

Even with little opportunities our home boys get and the racism they suffer abroad they are still more gifted. I root for my own and if somebody has a problem with that, I can't help them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
jihday:
the fact that you think Nwakali is a laliga player sums it up
My broda. When person chop food finish, dem tell am make him chop meat. It get why.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Rockyrascal:
na tomori own pain me pass. In his last interview he even said he feels more Nigerian than English.
Tomori can still play for Nigeria, he's very much eligible (FIFA rule as amended). The only thing stopping him now is him.
Once he shows interest and the switch process starts it'd only be a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
nelszx:

Tomori can still play for Nigeria, he's very much eligible (FIFA rule as amended). The only thing stopping him now is him.
Once he shows interest and the switch process starts it'd only be a matter of time.
How young will he be by the 2026 mundial?? But wait, does it mean that Tammy will miss this 2022 world cup Another one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
Once tomori initiate a switch process he will get a call up from england
nelszx:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
FIFA 22 TEAM OF THE WEEK
[img][/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2021
comodo:

How young will he be by the 2026 mundial?? But wait, does it mean that Tammy will miss this 2022 world cup Another one
If he isn't called up by English team he may never feature in a world cup. He's a lost case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
isan:
Once tomori initiate a switch process he will get a call up from england
That's a likelihood
Those guys don't let go easily

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
All these foreign borns no rate una, make una dey rest

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Even with little opportunities our home boys get and the racism they suffer abroad they are still more gifted. I root for my own and if somebody has a problem with that, I can't help them.

More gifted I understand, that may be your preference but are they better in the position?

I think merit for each position should supercede whatever bias one may have.

The issues people are having with Rhor is because of his bias towards his players (if he is the actual person picking them) and you too it is okay to have your bias but where merit isn't considered even in bias, one tends to fail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
kingphilip:
More gifted I understand, that may be your preference but are they better in the position?

I think merit for each position should supercede whatever bias one may have.

The issues people are having with Rhor is because of his bias towards his players (if he is the actual person picking them) and you too it is okay to have your bias but where merit isn't considered even in bias, one tends to fail.
u get time to answer crack head cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
On another note, I believe despite the growth of our players in Europe, I feel we are missing a gold mine because the current people running our football are lazy. They are just in the business to harness what they want.

When Christian Chukwu was appointed coach of the Super Eagles, at a certain period he was on break, he carried out a screening camp for players in feeders of our local clubs.

He went about watching matches of feeder teams and collecting phone numbers of players he saw with potentials.

Then after drafted a list of players from them and invited them to a camp in Ogun State, at Otta to be exact.

One of the players from Sharks FC feeders then made the cut. He said the first thing Coach Christian Chukwu taught them was endurance.

He said he brought axes, machetes, shovels, rakes and other farm tools. Measured a large piece of land in something that looked like a forest and told them to carry out a bush clearing work. (It is football they came to play)

He said they worked all day for days, clearing bush, raking, with not much food to eat. He said after about a week plus, they were done. Well raked pitches, wide and fresh.

He said, they rested, and keep in mind, feeding was not easy. They were supporting themselves and the coach was doing his best too.

Then he gave them a thorough lesson in total-football. He said for days, they did more of theory than field work. They only did intense jogging every morning and then lessons.

By the time they were ready for the field, he says it was nothing like he had ever seen. He said, he learnt things he did not know about football like breaking defences with triangular passes, etc. He said you will pass ball until it became second nature of you. Pass and move.

He said, unfortunately, Christian Chukwu got sacked during their program and he believed if the coach had finished with them, they would have done wonders. The coach wanted to use them for one of the friendly games.

What I am pointing out is that, there is so much work to do in Nigerian football, but this current set have showed extreme laziness. No grassroot work, no grooming of future players. We just wait for players to break through in clubs or some foreign player to do well and pledge allegiance to us.

You see that is the the problem. This kind of thing should be done again. It does not take more than 3 months to do this.
I think westerhoof noticed something similar.
You see if bukayo saka was born in Nigeria he will be limited by bad coaching.
The nff must be very lazy and confused.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

By the time they were ready for the field, he says it was nothing like he had ever seen. He said, he learnt things he did not know about football like breaking defences with triangular passes, etc. He said you will pass ball until it became second nature of you. Pass and move.

I think most of this coaches should get an Academy where they can groom young talents and showcase them to the world through friendlies and YouTube posting of their trainings too.

If not for this your post, I wouldn't have known about this.

But I agree though funds might be a limiting factor to them but with the backing of NFF, a national training camp can be organized better than what an individual will be able to do.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
The absence of Chuz makes Villareal's right side practically dead!
That Telles would have known how far by now!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
Looks like Iheanacho is stuck in Poland Airport over documentation issues. Let's hope it's not another ploy of Brendan Rogers to screw him over from not playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
kennysville:
Looks like Iheanacho is stuck in Poland Airport over documentation issues. Let's hope it's not another ploy of Brendan Rogers to screw him over from not playing

Easy with all these Rogers does not like Nacho narrative mate..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Christiano Ronaldo!
Cometh the hour; cometh the man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
Luthben:

Easy with all these Rogers does not like Nacho narrative mate..

Ok sir. Mo ti gbo sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
kingphilip:

I think most of this coaches should get an Academy where they can groom young talents and showcase them to the world through friendlies and YouTube posting of their trainings too.

If not for this your post, I wouldn't have known about this.

But I agree though funds might be a limiting factor to them but with the backing of NFF, a national training camp can be organized better than what an individual will be able to do.

Wow. That would be interesting. A national camp sounds good. The thing is that, I don't think most of the guys running football are interested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

TheGoodJoe:

Wow. That would be interesting. A national camp sounds good. The thing is that, I don't think most of the guys running football are interested.

Camps don't have to be "national" and the guys running football don't have to be interested before private individuals or companies organize such camps and academies.

It's because of private academies in Nigeria that you seem not to know about that players like osimhen sadiq onyeka onuachu amoo ndidi iheanacho awoniyi Dennis uzoho e.t.c.. have been trained and groomed in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11246) (11247) (11248) (11249) (11250) (11251) (11252) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.