Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11651077 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11244) (11245) (11246) (11247) (11248) (11249) (11250) ... (16146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
if he decides to turn to us i think we should bring him on board. though his addition to the team will be of minimal importance or significance but good competition for a shirt in the team will be a welcomed development

Turn ko, Thunder ni

I ardently hope he is proud enough to keep waiting for the Danes. He can rep us with Instagram flags

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Odunayaw:
Turn ko, Thunder ni

I ardently hope he is proud enough to keep waiting for the Danes. He can rep us with Instagram flags
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2021
Alfryd:
I just like wetin this coach talk, for billing to get 10 cap for Denmark, It will take a miracle
l.....

enmark coach insists Premier League stars
keeping Billing out of squad not Nigeria
comments

Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has
been omitted from the latest Denmark squad
announced on Monday ahead of the
upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers against
Moldova and Austria.

The Danish-Nigerian star has been in brilliant
form in the new season, scoring five goals in
nine appearances for the Cherries, who top
the Championship standings.
Few months ago, Billing stated that he was
considering switching his international
allegiance from Denmark to Nigeria after he
was not named in Denmark's squad to the
2020 European Championship.

Denmark manager Kasper Hjulmand has
emphasized that Billing's omission from his
latest squad has nothing to do with his
previous comments about playing for the
Super Eagles, adding that the midfielder was
considered for the last matches only for him
to pull out of the roster due to illness.
"You can forget all about that this summer.
It's out of this world, " Hjulmand said to BT .
"And I also took him to the last matches,
where he unfortunately got sick before. So
there is nothing in it."

Hjulmand has claimed that Billing, who is
comfortable playing as a defensive and
offensive midfielder, was not picked due to
tactical reasons.

He pointed out that Billing is behind Brentford
duo Nørgaard and Jensen, Tottenham
Hotspur's Højbjerg and Sevilla's Delaney in
his pecking order of central midfielders, while
Chelsea's Christensen and Valencia's Wass
are utility players who can fill in in central
midfield.
"It is not an opt-out of Philip Billing. But we
have 'Nør' (Christian Nørgaard), Mathias
(Jensen), Pierre (Højbjerg) And Thomas
(Delaney) - and these are the ones I have
chosen here. And it has given us the
opportunity to get an more offensive player.
"We can put Daniel Wass in centrally and we
can throw Andreas Christensen up in midfield,
so I think we are well covered.
"So it's not an opt-out of Philip Billing, and it
has nothing to do with this summer. That
story is out of the world"

Billing's only cap for his country of birth was
in a friendly against Faroe Islands in October

How we are able to accurately predict situations like this and these players and their managers can't, is still a surprise to me.
Who is deceiving or deceived billing, Eze, Olise, tomori, Abraham, tosin, etc that they will have a fair chance with some of these European countries?

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2021
deceiving no be small ooo
lloydtruth:

How we are able to accurately predict situations like this and these players and their managers can't, is still a surprise to me.
Who is deceiving or deceived billing, Eze, Olise, tomori, Abraham, tosin, etc that they will have a fair chance with some of these European countries?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2021
Ex-Juventus star Vincenzo Iaquinta says Victor Osimhen’s physical and innate qualities make the Super Eagles ace an extraordinary striker in a similar mould to when he (Iaquinta) was at the peak of his game.

Osimhen endured a few criticisms in his first year in Naples after managing ten goals following his club-record switch from Ligue 1 side Lille.

But some of the youngster’s most prominent critics have become his praise singers after starting the new Serie A campaign stunningly.

Osimhen has started the season in brilliant form, becoming Napoli’s leading marksman with six goals in his last four games. Remarkably, four of those goals have arrived in his last three league games, while he also added another two in the Europa League.

Osimhen’s excellent goalscoring run makes him the most prolific striker in the European top 5 leagues alongside Benzema and even better than Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland.

And the 2007/08 Coppa Italia top scorer is convinced that the union of Spalletti and Osimhen can power Napoli to the Scudetto title.

“For clarity, Osimhen does not argue: speed, technique, and power are the innate qualities of this extraordinary striker,” Iaquinta told Il Mattino, as per TuttoNapoli.

“Spalletti, however, when he has this type of bomber, goes to the party because he manages to enhance the attack to the depth with his way of setting the manoeuvre.

“Osimhen has characteristics very similar to those I had: high and fast, he attacks the depth: there are few forwards like that. Today, with these qualities, there is only Haaland who has some crazy times.

“With Spalletti, Napoli got off to a great start, with an extraordinary place that can become enthralling: it is useless to hide, also thanks to Osimhen, they (Napoli) can aim to win the Scudetto.”

Osimhen has emerged as one of Serie A’s brightest stars. Statistically, only Inter Milan’s Nicolo Barella has outperformed the Super Eagles forward in the top-flight this campaign.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2021
lloydtruth:

The English team got so many stars if not Tammy should be playing there ,if adama traore can manage to play for Spain then many of this players can play for other European countries that’s not France England Italy Spain but unfortunately that’s not the case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2021
grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The English team got so many stars if not Tammy should be playing there ,if adama traore can manage to play for Spain then many of this players can play for other European countries that’s not France England Italy Spain but unfortunately that’s not the case
person wey i pity the most na tomori

the deceive wey english fa deceive the guy na more like scam. i doubt he will get another call up to the three lions. he needs to appeal his case to fifa to see if something can be done to clear him off the books of the english football association

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
person wey i pity the most na tomori

the deceive wey english fa deceive the guy na more like scam. i doubt he will get another call up to the three lions. he needs to appeal his case to fifa to see if something can be done to clear him off the books of the english football association

You are right

But to be sincere I will take current tomori over Ben white who went to the euros with England

He better go and appeal and play for naija or Canada

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
how sure are you boss?
wait for the list and see for yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2021
whenever i see the guy playing and performing well for milan i go just dey pity am. he really needs to fight his case now that he is still young to see if fifa can do something about his international football status

tammy's case if different because when he came on board england lacked decent back up for kane and he played few games before the emergence of strikers the three lion boast of now
andrewbaba44:

You are right

But to be sincere I will take current tomori over Ben white who went to the euros with England

He better go and appeal and play for naija or Canada
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2021
okay ayam waiting cheesy cheesy cheesy
Samueltemi337:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
whenever i see the guy playing and performing well for milan i go just dey pity am. he really needs to fight his case now that he is still young to see if fifa can do something about his international football status

tammy's case if different because when he came on board england lacked decent back up for kane and he played few games before the emergence of strikers the three lion boast of now

You are right

Tomori starting at Milan when they have top players like Simon kjaer and romagnoli should tells his qualities
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Samueltemi337:

It seems its just one. I am feeling it may either be Lookman, Ejaria or Olise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
12large1:
Unknown report from owngoal is saying that a new addition will be included in super eagles squad tomorrow. Many are suggesting that it’s either Ejaria or lookman. Personally, I hope it’s ejaria because we have so many similar players to lookman. If ejaria is included, then the search for super eagles 10 is over. Ejaria isn’t a jj okocha, but he is as good as any creative 10 in Africa now

Does Ejaria not play in Championship ? Why would any sensible coach skip a player who plays for Laliga , week in week out for a Championship player ? This is preposterous , I swear !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Does Ejaria not play in Championship ? Why would any sensible coach skip a player who plays for Laliga , week in week out for a Championship player ? This is preposterous , I swear !
Who is this la Liga player you speak of?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
solonnachi:

So , Nwakali doesn't deserve an invite after performing in the Laliga ? That's just unfair.

Firstly , people concluded his career was dead and he proved them wrong and returned with decent showings. Then , they said he is too sluggish but the numbers show otherwise. Then Kingsley was invited out of nowhere with no club action and suddenly everyone who called me names for sticking my neck out for Nwakali is quiet. Now , Ejaria and Oliseh are being clamored for and what about Kelechi....

I don't know how any football pundit would think these English boys will make it in Super Eagles.....nobi today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
if he decides to turn to us i think we should bring him on board. though his addition to the team will be of minimal importance or significance but good competition for a shirt in the team will be a welcomed development

This guys are not serious
If you make up your mind to do something
You go ahead and do it....asap without looking back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Who is this la Liga player you speak of?

Kelechi Nwakali. Him and Amoo are the most talented midfielder controllers Nigeria currently boast of....no one else

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

I think its all about preference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Mazi pls don't be mischievous
Compare Your nwakali stats with that of Ejaria this season leave sentiment aside

How many goals have your nwakali scored Ejaria have score like 3 goals

Sometimes good we argue with facts and not sentiments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
solonnachi:

It should be the 3 please and our problem is solved upfront going to afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
As if all the clamor for the Ejaria and Oliseh has ever changed Rohr's lineup.

Nwakali sooner or later would get his invite. Consistency not hype.

Reminds me of Joel Obi (chinchin sours in my mouth undecided)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
humility33:

Mazi pls don't be mischievous
Compare Your nwakali stats with that of Ejaria this season leave sentiment aside

How many goals have your nwakali scored Ejaria have score like 3 goals

Sometimes good we argue with facts and not sentiments

Don't be silly , nwanne. Compare Laliga to Championship....smh

Who do you guys suddenly lose your thinking abilities when situations don't favor you. You would actually compare Ejaria to Nwakali , right now ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
do4luv14:

oya TheGoodJoe come back home oooo, they had BILLED him outta the Danish squared

BTW, that's his cup of tea, let him sip it well

You people come and help me see. Which kind strong head pikin is this!

Kpomo he no chop,
Fish he no chop,
Goat he no chop,
He says he wants Denmark.

They will not learn. I bet he will soon call NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Who do you guys suddenly lose your thinking abilities when situations don't favor you. You would actually compare Ejaria to Nwakali , right now ?
the fact that you think Nwakali is a laliga player sums it up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Kelechi Nwakali. Him and Amoo are the most talented midfielder controllers Nigeria currently boast of....no one else
The same nwakali I know or another one?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
jihday:

Me sef I shock. Laliga bawo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Laliga bawo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
lol Sadiq that's even doing well in the same segunda no one is developing HBP over him but our ''best CM'' that hasn't yet shown anything outstanding is who we should carry placard and protest for grin

The things I see on this thread ehn
jihday:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
The same o! that is providing assists every week that us uninformed football watchers can't see undecided

Samueltemi337:
The same nwakali I know or another one?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
IDENNAA:

Mazi so nwakali is in La Liga
Which team is he playing for please

Compare segunda B player who barely get full starts and a championship regular then tell me who amongst them deserve SE call up

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11244) (11245) (11246) (11247) (11248) (11249) (11250) ... (16146) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, opes, Oasis007(m), Meliforme, Amedino99(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.