Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669040 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11357) (11358) (11359) (11360) (11361) (11362) (11363) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kog45:
Ighalo and Mba...Kai this thread ehn.

Abi make members kuku dey upload where dem dey work o.

We always forming Mr Right on this thread.

Walahi if we are all perfect in our different endeavor.Nigeria would have been a great country.

Even Osimehn said he respect Ighalo but Drogba na him legend o.
undecided undecided undecided

Did you even get the context??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Gernot Rorh:
"They try what they do, they are fighting, we have a young team, they can make some mistakes but they never give up."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Thank you baba

Kog45:
Ighalo and Mba...Kai this thread ehn.

Abi make members kuku dey upload where dem dey work o.

We always forming Mr Right on this thread.

Walahi if we are all perfect in our different endeavor.Nigeria would have been a great country.

Even Osimehn said he respect Ighalo but Drogba na him legend o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Astrid4:

Well my brother I might just wanna agree with you but they are not really paying them directly for using their airline,I followed the event where the deal was signed and amaju said the sponsorship actually reduce the money being spent on airlines to transport the player that they are paying for a better service for a reduced cost,what am saying actually is NFF is still paying airpeace for player's transportation at the end of the day if they meet up with some particular target that might give them some bonus for example if they use the airline for some particular time they might give them some particular discount for example if they're using the airline for like 10 times they might give them bonus for using the airline they might just pay for the ticket of 13 player instead of the whole 23 this was what the whole deal was all about, there were no part in the deal that was monetary all was actually SERVICE based my brother.

Thanks for the clarification. Better than nothing I guess, right??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
The problem has to do with decision making. The midfield and defenders should not pass to a player tightly marked. Most times the ball came to Simon, they were two to three players close to him. At that instance, switching play is better than passing to him.

Also, Simon needs to watch. When in tight positions, quick decision making to return the ball is important. Holding the ball only should be done when in space, which gives you more time to make decisions.

Same with the other players. Keep watching for free spots when not with ball to promote quick decision making. When the ball gets to players in space, that is when you can calculate how to get the ball to offensive players in threatening positions.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Either way, I saw improvement in the team play.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ighalo has served his fatherland well. We respect that. He was Osimhen's understudy in the last AFCON. Even Osimhen respects that. Nevertheless, I know Osimhen is aiming for Yekini's record. He is already moving in the right direction. Ighalo has his place in SE's history. No one should take it away from him. No need for the comparisons.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Subzero047:

Reread what you wrote undecided

It’s very clear. Play there but distinguish yourself like Ighalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
We played 3 at the back today. Very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Who crossed the ball for Leon?
Awaziem not Musa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Joebie:
Gernot Rorh:
"They try what they do, they are fighting, we have a young team, they can make some mistakes but they never give up."

Young team since last World Cup. When will they grow?
Ghanaian young team almost went beyond quarter final.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Danielnino00:

His end products are still poor...
Well said , but he will improve... is end product of Moses Simon better ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

My point exactly. Stating areas where a player needs improvement is NOT hatred. We can be objective and supportive at the same time in our analysis. Osimhen is, as of yet, far from the finished product or "monster machine" we love to believe he is. He certainly has the potential and has shown the desire to get there. I sincerely hope he continues improving.

In sum, is Osimhen a bad player? No. Is Osimhen overhyped, especially around here? Hell yeah!
'monster machine' is just an exaggeration if it is applied to his current form. Does he have the potential to be a great striker? Definitely yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

My point exactly. Stating areas where a player needs improvement is NOT hatred. We can be objective and supportive at the same time in our analysis. Osimhen is, as of yet, far from the finished product or "monster machine" we love to believe he is. He certainly has the potential and has shown the desire to get there. I sincerely hope he continues improving.

In sum, is Osimhen a bad player? No. Is Osimhen overhyped, especially around here? Hell yeah!
'monster machine' is just an exaggeration if it is applied to his current form. Does he have the potential to be a great striker? Definitely yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mujtahida:

monster machine' is just an exaggeration if it is applied to his current form. Does he have the potential to be a great striker? Definitely yes

Not really. He was the joint highest scorer in Europe last month and is currently co-leading the Europa league in goals scored. Also one of the top scorers in Serie A. Every Napoli game he commits himself 110%, wins penalties, scores, makes decisive passes, scrambles defenders, etc.

He truly is a monster machine.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
mank1234:

Young team since last World Cup. When will they grow?
Ghanaian young team almost went beyond quarter final.

That is Rohr's favorite anthem. He's mentally beholden by the idea of the youthfulness of our team rather than its tactical growth and maturity

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ppogbae:

Not really. He was the joint highest scorer in Europe last month and is currently co-leading the Europa league in goals scored. Also one of the top scorers in Serie A. Every Napoli game he commits himself 110%, wins penalties, scores, makes decisive passes, scrambles defenders, etc.

Then he has reached the peak of his game niyen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Joebie:
grin

And I thought they were good friends

Ah really? That would make it even worse cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
he's an eediot see mumu talk

Surebaba01:
CAR coach wants to coach Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
Surebaba01:
CAR coach wants to coach Nigeria
The kind of players we have and the way we play when called for national duties is different from how our players play for their respective clubs. It obvious the team is poorly coached. Even smaller countries now that are supposed to be afraid of the name NIGERIA are now confident they can get something out from playing with us.

The way Algeria is destroying countries currently with goals, any country they're to play against presently, they already have upper hand against such countries because those countries will be afraid of them by default, confidence level would be low.

Here in Nigeria our coach have ridiculed our national team. Even me here is currently thinking that my estate boys here can hold their ground against Super Eagles coached by Rohr.

As things are presently it's better they're even coached by the captain Ahmed Musa.

Rohr dey vex me but Pinnick dey vex me more because he knows the coach is no more in the good book of we the fans of the super eagles but they don't want to fire him.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ppogbae:

cool cool. Na man you be. Say it as it is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
samtol4:
It is not about winning or losing a match but pattern of play . Tactically Rohr is not a sound coach , he cannot read the game. How did Sierone score 4 against Nigeria? This CAR that defeated Nigeria will be walloped by Algeria and Senegal. We played Liberia, CAR, and Cape Verde... What if we played Ivory coast? . Nigeria �� team has talented players full of individual skills no team cohesion because the coach is not tactical. More importantly, the coach has determined who will play even if the player is not in top form
The change in formation today shows the old man reads games.
Fact is that the loss to CAR dey happen for football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mujtahida:

Then he has reached the peak of his game niyen

Has halaand reached Is peak??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
kentebemoney:

I'm not a huge fan of Rorh. He has done an immense job since he took over BUT I DON'T THINK HE CAN TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL, however, I think some of the sticks he gets is over the top

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Has halaand reached Is peak??
It's the regular fare here to engage in sometimes needless comparison between players even to the point of ridiculousness and then the argument will rage for days. I won't indulge in that because clearly that's where your question will lead to: comparison between Osimhen and Haaland.
So if Osimhen as he is now is a Monster Machine to you, fine. He is a fine striker to me but not a monster machine. Finito
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Sad for Spain's loss especially in such a painful way. They should take it in good faith and move forward. A very tactical masterclass from them today.

Congratulations to France.

Spain remains my tip for the next World Cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
forgiveness:

CAF highest scorer and playing for a club equivalent to Man U.

Equivalent to Man U.. LMAO.. as if Ighalo wasn't much of a bench warmer there...

Osimhen is on the trajectory to great things! You are in no position to set a level for him... He can stay at Napoli all his career and achieve big things!!
It is meaningless playing for a big club when your impact there is minimal...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
kentebemoney:

The nigga is old fashioned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mujtahida:

It's the regular fare here to engage in sometimes needless comparison between players even to the point of ridiculousness and then the argument will rage for days. I won't indulge in that because clearly that's where your question will lead to: comparison between Osimhen and Haaland.
So if Osimhen as he is now is a Monster Machine to you, fine. He is a fine striker to me but not a monster machine. Finito

grin cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Danielnino00:

Equivalent to Man U.. LMAO.. as if Ighalo wasn't much of a bench warmer there...

Osimhen is on the trajectory to great things! You are in no position to set a level for him... He can stay at Napoli all his career and achieve big things!!
It is meaningless playing for a big club when your impact there is minimal...

Reach there first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
forgiveness:

Reach there first.
Dead this matter.
Stop pitching players against each other

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
A review of our game, collected from twitter

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11357) (11358) (11359) (11360) (11361) (11362) (11363) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), twentyk(m), ddone, gbengaolu360, Oasis007(m), daveP(m), yemyke001(m), Philosopher1979 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.