Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11703781 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11402) (11403) (11404) (11405) (11406) (11407) (11408) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:24am On Oct 19, 2021
elyte89:

When dey hide under he's more complete of a striker Dan haaland is what baffles me most

And d stat says odawise...so I don't get grin

D primary purpose of a striker is to score goals,every oda qualities d striker possess is secondary to me..I can neva agree to dt statement dt osimhen is a more complete striker Dan haaland.. Never

All players can't have d same style of play..if u like run d whole field from morning till night on top d pitch..ur product as a striker (goals) is what matters to me most

I repeat haaland and osimhen are wide apart grin

He has more goals and asssit than osimehn at a younger age and you’re saying osimehn is more complete. These guys are clearly PAID ASSOCIATE that’s why I just laugh at their comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2021
fabyom:
Do you know that Amuneke is Ejuke's agent? He also fought to be Nacho's agent few years ago. That alone has disqualified him from the SE job. We can't afford another Keshi at this moment in time. The best of them (Oliseh) was a disaster! Abeg, let Rohr rest.

He is resting naa... with a fine babe by his side. grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30am On Oct 19, 2021
12large1:

He has more goals and asssit than osimehn at a younger age and you’re saying osimehn is more complete. These guys are clearly PAID ASSOCIATE that’s why I just laugh at their comment

You still on this? Smh

I guess your apology was always a fake then. But it's okay. I already knew. Leopard no dey change spot. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:38am On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

As usual, some of you folks here succumb to the nonsense talks of trolls who don't know the game coz all they do is club banters and "my club player is better than your club player" gibberish.

How is saying Osimhen is the best striker in the Serie A today and is definitely one of the best Strikers in the world "squeezing him in"??

No please, I want you to really answer that.

Experts around Europe are confirming the Quality of Osimhen but you are here talking "squeezing in" as if we are lying about his quality.

And what do you mean by Haaland and Osimhen can't be in the same sentence?? What's that? Aren't both doing well in top 5 leagues?

Didn't Osimhen score as much goals as Lewandowski in all competitions last month?

Why do you think Osimhen has suddenly shot up to the top of most Serie A's analysts' ratings of Strikers despite that league still having Lautaro Martinez, Dzeko, Belotti and Immobile?? ​

Do you know even West Ham legend and Italian football pundit, Paolo Di Canio rates Osimhen above
Lukaku when it comes to Strikers who respond and fight back when the going gets tough? I will post his words soon enough.

So all this one you are talking is just fallacious. Osimhen and Haaland rightly stays in the same sentence today.

Besides Osimhen is the more complete striker while Haaland is simply the better finisher. I have said this before and time is proving me right.

So make una talk another thing abeg. grin

Whoever said haaland and osimhen should not b mentioned in d same sentence simply don't understand d game.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:39am On Oct 19, 2021
So Olise came off the bench and had an assist in only two minutes on the pitch. He is proving to be a super sub. Let the tussle continue. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41am On Oct 19, 2021
How it all began...

And all this talk and argument began just because I insisted Osimhen won't end up at Newcastle bcoz he belongs to the class of Strikers that the Elite clubs will seek out.

They wanted to push the narrative that Newcastle will lure him and because he is "African" that he would accept the money and leave ambition. Hahahahahahaha grin

But they will accept that Haaland or an Mbappe won't consider Newcastle no matter how much they offer.

They didn't like the idea of classing Osimhen with these lads. What are they thinking? That his mentality is not elite enough? Or that his quality is not elite enough?

Discussions here really reveal the mind of many here concerning our lads. And what I have seen in the minds of most is really not encouraging. But we march on.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Neobulletzz:
You say Isak na 5th best striker, Lautaro 4th, then you no wan tell us 3rd, 2nd and 1st you rather say top 3, you Dey fear talk Osimhen na the 1st abi cheesy grin
1. Mbape
2. Haaland
3. Osimhen

U know that no one will put osimhen above mbape but u just want to drag the matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:01am On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

As usual, some of you folks here succumb to the nonsense talks of trolls who don't know the game coz all they do is club banters and "my club player is better than your club player" gibberish.

How is saying Osimhen is the best striker in the Serie A today and is definitely one of the best Strikers in the world "squeezing him in"??

I totally disagree with you sir, as per the above, Osimhen is not only the best striker in Italy but was voted best player in Serie A in September sir, please state this going forward too.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11am On Oct 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I totally disagree with you sir, as per the above, Osimhen is not only the best striker in Italy but was voted best player in Serie A in September sir, please state this going forward too.

Looolll... Calm down Comrade... be calm... save those weapons. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:19am On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Looolll... Calm down Comrade... be calm... save those weapons. grin
We have to let them know so they can email the whole country of Italy and the league management to protest about their "nauseating" decisions and evaluation. Btw, Nedu go open account for Norway online forum o so u can be hailing Haaland too, if they don't have you can call it Norwayland so they can be appeased.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46am On Oct 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

We have to let them know so they can email the whole country of Italy and the league management to protest about their "nauseating" decisions and evaluation. Btw, Nedu go open account for Norway online forum o so u can be hailing Haaland too, if they don't have you can call it Norwayland so they can be appeased.

Looolll.... Comrade, I thought I told you to calm down... grin Nwayo biko... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:50am On Oct 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

The discussion is simply that osimehn isn’t better than Haaland. If you like, use a deflective tactics to change topic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:51am On Oct 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

To be better than haaland, you have to at least be the highest goal scorer at your league first. Osimehn na correct player sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:42am On Oct 19, 2021
Check this video out! 4 years ago! When God says it's your time, it's your time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prin6ZyjxJo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:02am On Oct 19, 2021
Ppogbae:
Check this video out! 4 years ago! When God says it's your time, it's your time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prin6ZyjxJo

The guy really worked hard and he is on course to be Nigeria next Global superstar

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:37am On Oct 19, 2021
Exactly my thoughts. Like everyone else I desperately want a Nigerian player to be hailed and regarded as world class but it doesn't happen overnight. It's a process.

Osimhen has started well and looks focused. I'm optimistic he will achieve his potential but let's all slow down with the unnecessary comparisons and hype. He doesn't need all that hype and distraction.

In footballing terms Victor hasn't achieved anything major which I believe will soon change. Yes he's the most expensive African but remember once upon a time Denilson was the most expensive player in the world and we all know how the Brazilian's career panned out.

Let's just continue to support and pray for the best of our players.

Oasis001:
grin

Una no go allow Players blow fess, una go blow their trumpet pass Heaven. Folks ain't gonna learn on this Board.

Osimhen is a fine Player. He's still developing and we should hope he blow past his potentials. Comparing him to Haaland is a big NO, coz the latter is far better than him at the moment.

Haaland of all Strikers? If Haaland is a Nigerian, I am sure he won't be nicknamed Monster Machine but black panther or Nuclear Bomber.

Let's take it easy with our Lads. Iheanacho was once nicknamed hybrid of Messi and CR7, we know what's up today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2021
Someone did a wonderful Thread on twitter about Osimhen's rise to the top worth a read.

https://twitter.com/Sports_Doctor2/status/1450100132112908296?s=20

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Haaland is far better than osimhen

Nothing like give them for here

The stats is just too much abeg

Join argument and bring valid points and stop hiding behind the keyboard
Seniorman you like wahala. Na Nerdy dey follow you talk na me you dey face. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2021

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Not to sound cocky, but you cannot teach me about the progressive impact youth coaches can make in football.

Jan 04, 2016
Benitez Is Sacked. Zidane To Take Over

https://www.nairaland.com/2842141/benitez-sacked-zidane-take-over

My statement on it

I was one of those who was screaming sack Rijkaard and give Barcelona to their youth team coach, Guardiola. That youth coach led the greatest team in club football history with respect to performance.

I hope u come to realise Some day that all that matter to amuneke is MONEY MONEY and not to win laurels

He is not the kind of coach the super eagles needs. I will prefer Finidi George over him in due time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2021
humility33:

I hope u come to realise Some day that all that matter to amuneke is MONEY MONEY and not to win laurels

He is not the kind of coach the super eagles needs. I will prefer Finidi George over him in due time

It is because of money Amunike is training our local coaches free of charge.

It is because of money reports show Amunike did not collect money to Field players in the U17.

You need a better accusation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2021
humility33:

You don't have a reason why you prefer Finidi. You just don't want Amunike. That is all.

Unfortunately, Amunike is the most equipped tactically at the moment, played part in discovering some of the best talents we have to show the world today. Has a history of working with the Nigerian coaching system.

But, you prefer Finidi. Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2021
Osimhen is better than Haaland in 2021 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2021
Subzero047:

You guys are always quick to abandon the point.

TheSuperNerd took time to explain his point and to a huge extent I will agree with him.

Keep in mind I have been repping Haaland since his Salzburg days.

Haaland is a freak of nature. Sometimes I feel he was cloned in a lab. He does a lot of things to perfection. He runs at record speeds effortlessly. Finishes balls from impossible angles with ease.

However, the talk is about other attributes being brought to the table. Osimhen's work rate around the offensive area is brilliant. Also, his defending is crazy. That is why I believe Guardiola will want to fight for him.

These extra attributes will make some prefer Osimhen to Haaland.

It is just like when Pellegrini said he preferred Riquelme to Ronaldhino. That was due to attributes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2021
12large1:

The discussion is simply that osimehn isn’t better than Haaland. If you like, use a deflective tactics to change topic
Osimhen is better than haaland oga. Apart from goal scoring what else can he offer? Osimhen is like 4 players in one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2021
Subzero047:
I keep on hoping for Haaland to slow down ,the more I hope the more the Warey Dey disappoint me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

TheSuperNerd took time to explain his point and to a huge extent I will agree with him.

Haaland is a freak of nature. Sometimes I feel he was cloned in a lab. He does a lot of things to perfection. He runs at record speeds effortlessly. Finishes balls from impossible angles with ease.

However, the talk is about other attributes being brought to the table. Osimhen's work rate around the offensive area is brilliant. Also, his defending is crazy. That is why I believe Guardiola will want to fight for him.

It is just like when Pellegrini said he preferred Riquelme to Ronaldhino. That was die to attributes.

A striker main objective is to score and assist and haaland so far, has proven himself statistically. When you start mentioning inconsequential jargons like “workrate” etc in reference to strikers, you have already lost. Can you imagine someone saying that dirt kurt was overall better than messi because of his work rate Makes no sense. Osimehn is having a good season so far and he can surpass haaland in the future. But, for now he has to prove himself.
1) Top scorer at his league
2) 20 league goals and 30 goals in all competitions

Once he attains the aforementioned, we can have a debate. You guys need to stop glorifying attributes that are not the main aim of a player. This is the same nonsense that Rohr does with Moses Simon - (he defends for the team) like if his main objective as a winger is to defend

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2021
Truidstar:
Osimhen is better than haaland oga. Apart from goal scoring what else can he offer? Osimhen is like 4 players in one.

See your Foolish mouth. What’s the main objective of a striker? Let osimehn win the top scorer at his league before I can even engage in such conversation.
Iheanacho has 19 goals 5 in 35 games in 2021 for Leicester at Epl and I won’t even claim that he is better than haaland.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I keep on hoping for Haaland to slow down ,the more I hope the more the Warey Dey disappoint me grin

You can’t wish that he slow down. Instead, you wish that our boy step up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2021
Truidstar:

Apart from goal scoring what can cr7 offer ?

If we are to go buy this narrative so many players are better then cr7

If you are a striker we are only interested in the goals abeg ,who work rate help

Una go Dey shift goal post anytime una see Wetin pass una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

It is just like when Pellegrini said he preferred Riquelme to Ronaldhino. That was die to attributes.

Giroud has better workrate than Kane in the end which do you as a coach prefer? The one who gives you a greater amount of goals all this nonsense about workrate and what not is just sentiments because at the end a striker is judged by one metric and that is the amount of goals he scores and I assure you no coach in the world will pick Osimhen over Haaland

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2021
12large1:

You can’t wish that he slow down. Instead, you wish that our boy step up

Maybe you are right

But our boy is doing well

Na gradually

(1) (2) (3) ... (11402) (11403) (11404) (11405) (11406) (11407) (11408) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney, Napoleon55(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.