Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11702760 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11406) (11407) (11408) (11409) (11410) (11411) (11412) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

This one will be Elite!!!! Awo outscoring Haaland in the bundesliga? Chaaaiiii... I know e go really hard because that Erling guy na Werey Goals Machine BUT IF it does happen ehn... Omo... Elyte fit run commot for thread for weeks... grin grin

Uncle Kog... Na we dey here... no shaking!!! cool
Don't mind my elyte...I pray make he no support Norway against Nigeria o.

Honestly to be candid Haaland na real man but Osimehn wey I dey see so as e dey go...make I no talk..OK na superstar in the making..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

Awoniyi over osimhen anytime anyday. Bundesliga na your mate? grin

Seria A better pass bundesliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He gave his opinion which I respected and even approved ,I even had to asked him of some certain players ,did you see me saying his opinion was nonsense ? Naaaaa

Now I said Haaland is better than osimhen then everywhere scatter ,abi you no see am from last night ?

I was speaking of who was better and didn’t even disqualify his top 3 which was okay

But if some other money come here mention their top 3 and didn’t put osimhen many of you will attack the moniker ,so don’t complain for other guys who didn’t agree with nerdy top 3 ,that’s if there is any

Na osimhen and Haaland matter we Dey talk ok

One more thing ,you guys should try to have mind of your own at times when it comes to something like this

We should even be comparing Haaland and awoniyi self ,after their goal gap no much for bundesliga grin
Not all about you na for others wey join de drag de matter like tiger generator.

About the bold, you can never see me come here to argue players because I hardly watch matches that doesn't involve Nigerian player/(s).

Wait, I didn't even agree that the 3 players he mentioned are the best in the world, so how does it advice affect me please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
kingphilip:

Not all about you na for others wey join de drag de matter like tiger generator.

About the bold, you can never see me come here to argue players because I hardly watch matches that doesn't involve Nigerian player/(s).

Wait, I didn't even agree that the 3 players he mentioned are the best in the world, so how does it advice affect me please.

No wahala Baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E shock you say dem no gree go those stats sites whoscored And co

That should tell you alot ,going to whoscored is like telling them to shoot themselves with their hands grin

Smh... these are their heatmaps for the 21/22 season focusing on just league games alone.
Haaland in the Bundesliga and Osimhen in the Serie A.

Do you see how much grounds Osimhen covers for his side compared to Haaland? This depicts not just his workrate but his presence in both parts of the pitch for their teams and how deep one falls to pick up the pieces for his team either via ball carrying from deep using power and pace or via using the channels.

If I have to break individual games down, you will get a mighty clearer picture of things regarding how much each player gives per game but I really don't have the time for that now. Like I said before... on a very good day, we go super analyse this matter and none of you will be able to hold a candle to my analyses. That day will come. For today, we leave it here. grin

So to those saying we are avoiding stats sites... you were saying? grin

I was waiting for such comments before I drop. You no dey release all your weapons at once for argument naa. Just like I told Comrade AndSunGorilla wey blood dey hot earlier grin

Now that this one has dropped, would that convince you of the point being made? Or you just wanted to blab for blabbing sake. Funny people. grin

1st frame: Osimhen's 21/22 Serie A heatamap after 7 games.

2nd frame: Haaland's 21/22 Bundesliga heatmap after 6 games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Seria A better pass bundesliga

Bundesliga has really intuitive matches and a lot of goals most of the time, it's an interesting league..

On the other hand serie A is a bit conventional and boring..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Smh... these are their heatmaps for the 21/22 season focusing on just league games alone.
Haaland in the Bundesliga and Osimhen in the Serie A.

Do you see how much grounds Osimhen covers for his side compared to Haaland? This depicts not just his workrate but his presence in both parts of the pitch for their teams and how deep one falls to pick up the pieces for his team either via ball carrying from deep using power and pace or via using the channels.

If I have to break individual games down, you will get a mighty clearer picture of things regarding how much each player gives per game but I really don't have the time for that now. Like I said before... on a very good day, we go super analyse this matter and none of you will be able to hold a candle to my analyses. That day will come. For today, we leave it here. grin

So to those saying we are avoiding stats sites... you were saying? grin

I was waiting for such comments before I drop. You no dey release all your weapons at once for argument naa. Just like I told Comrade AndSunGorilla wey blood dey hot earlier grin

Now that this one has dropped, would that convince you of the point being made? Or you just wanted to blab for blabbing sake. Funny people. grin

1st frame: Osimhen's 21/22 Serie A heatamap after 7 games.

2nd frame: Haaland's 21/22 Bundesliga heatmap after 6 games.

See Wetin this one Dey bring come outside

Even with this selected stats you are still making mockery of yourself grin

Smh

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
kingphilip:

Heeiiii.... Oh Goodness mee!!! Please I am not sure if na me you refer to but if it is... please... I didn't call Mbappe, Haaland and Osimhen the best in the world oooo. Haba... I was only speaking of the next generation of Strikers. Abeg abeg... make una calm down dey read my points naa. Abeg.

I know I type in epistles most times but try maintain small patience to see what I say before I am misinterpreted time and time again. Abeg... na beg I beg una.

See as una wan koba me... heiiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

Bundesliga has really intuitive matches and a lot of goals most of the time, it's an interesting league..

On the other hand serie A is a bit conventional and boring..
Okay.

Meaning it is easier to score more goals in Bundesliga?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

See Wetin this one Dey bring come outside

Smh

Yes naa... it proves my point about who works more for the team. Abi is that not part of what I mean when I say Osimhen is more well rounded and shows better presence in both parts of the pitch for his team compared to Haaland? grin

Sofascore Don land and you are here running because you don't understand it. Sorry but no sorry.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Heeiiii.... Oh Goodness mee!!! Please I am not sure if na me you refer to but if it is... please... I didn't call Mbappe, Haaland and Osimhen the best in the world oooo. Haba... I was only speaking of the next generation of Strikers. Abeg abeg... make una calm down dey read my points naa. Abeg.

I know I type in epistles most times but try maintain small patience to see what I say before I am misinterpreted time and time again. Abeg... na beg I I beg una.

See as una wan koba me... heiiii
well na remix I do no fear.

The previous comment I made already handled what you said undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Yes naa... it proves my point about who works more for the team. Abi is that not part of what I mean when I say Osimhen is more well rounded and shows better presence in both parts of the pitch for his team compared to Haaland? grin

Sofascore Don land and you are here running because you don't understand it. Sorry but no sorry.... grin

You no post anything and you still ended up making mockery of your self grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
12large1:

So, as a coach if you’re given to pick from 1 striker on current form, you will choose osimehn ahead of hazard because he has a better work rate?? Lool omo I love these place sha. Ejuke is better than messi in my opinion. A player like ejuke defends, tracks back for his team

Wetin hazard don do since he left chelsea? On current form Osimhen trumps hazard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Leave onuachu alone ,he has been unlucky and he is playing at Belgium at 27 ,if he was younger he would have moved ,and I am sure he will move soon

Anybody fit score as if anybody fit average 1 goal in every 1 game ,think before you open your mouth waaaaaaa

You said apart from goal scoring Haaland cannot offer anything,so why are all the big clubs dying to get haaland ?

Oga stop contradicting yourself abeg

Why dem no break bank to buy am last season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You no post anything and you still ended up making mockery of your self grin

How? The post I made clearly proves a good part of my point on the two lads. So how is that mockery? Just say you don't understand. I know English hard for you... but it seems heatmaps also join the list of hardies. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Truidstar:

Why dem no break bank to buy am last season?

New narrative for Haaland

Same Haaland wey many teams no fit afford grin

Dem break bank buy ousmane dembele ,sancho Na Haaland dem no go break bank buy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Haaland is better than osimhen is what a blind man knows

They should be happy I am no more using far best due to some respect

You have bring your agenda to call someone an hater indirectly ,anybody that say they can’t be in the same sentence is their opinion ,I won’t call anyone an hater for that ,after all there was a time Pele said Neymar is better than Messi and he claimed to be his opinion
yes being a hater I may have gone too far how can someone say that they can't be in the same sentence haba that one is too far na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

How? The post I made clearly proves a good part of my point on the two lads. So how is that mockery? Just say you don't understand. I know English hard for you... but it seems heatmaps also join the list of hardies. grin

English hard for me ,Na another new talk to get at me ,no longer a Laliga apologist

What was the average sofa score ratings there ?

Your usual ways grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kog45:
Don't mind my elyte...I pray make he no support Norway against Nigeria o.

Honestly to be candid Haaland na real man but Osimehn wey I dey see so as e dey go...make I no talk..OK na superstar in the making..

Uncle Kog... no worry, na we dey here. Leave these people. Lol... I sabi them.

Say hi to your two sons, Awo and Aina for me. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

English hard for me ,Na another new talk to get at me ,no longer a Laliga apologist

Your usual ways grin

Do you understand the sofascore heatmaps or not or you want more elucidation, Andy?? No dey dodge... lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
kingphilip:
Okay.

Meaning it is easier to score more goals in Bundesliga?

I never said so. It's a fast paced league..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

I never said so. It's a fast paced league..
I get what you mean now.

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
For me all these comparison between players aren't necessary.

If both of them aren't playing same position and having same kind of midfielders behind them as strikers, there's no need to compare them with whatever metrics.

If roles were reversed and Haaland is required to do more either by his coach or other circumstances, he might adjust and put in the shift same as Osimhen.

Everybody should just enjoy the player he prefers and when the argument is getting longer, should ignore subsequently.

E don pass ten pages wey the argument about Osimhen and Haaland don de on ground and nobody wan agree say one better pass the other.

Abeg make we close this chapter.

At TheSuperNerd I can't remember you doing Nigerians who shone across Europe on Sunday, can you please help us pull that out?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
Truidstar:

Wetin hazard don do since he left chelsea? On current form Osimhen trumps hazard.

Haaland not hazard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

What was the average sofa score ratings there ?

Your usual ways grin

Hahahahahahaha.... so you ran to update the post and add this funnily unrelated question. grin

Andy, you ball knowledge ehn... kaaiiiii... I laugh. So you don't know how Sofascore ratings work. Osimhen's red card in the first game already soiled his Sofascore ratings, I hope you know yet the lad had managed to bang above 7.00 already from 4.8 due to the Red card picked up in his first game. You go no know something you will just be blabbing.

Also, once a striker has more big chances missed or loses more duels than won and they tally together, their algorithmic calculations could score a player lower than usual when eye test shows otherwise. Ebuehi had a fine game yesterday but Sofascore scored him 6.5... so you see. grin

But then, sofascore ratings doesn't reflect the point I make on workrate and all round plays. They don't statistically measure some metrics which will elucidate this point more but their heatmaps already delivers a beautiful scenario which you obviously cannot spot because you just don't know.

Or do you? Oya answer and explain for us...

Do you understand what Osimhen's and Haaland's heatmaps say or not? grin

*tic tac, tic toc*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahaha.... so you ran to update the post and add this funnily unrelated question. grin

Andy, you ball knowledge ehn... kaaiiiii... I laugh. So you don't know how Sofascore ratings work. Osimhen's red card in the first game already soiled his Sofascore ratings, I hope you know yet the lad had managed to bang above 7.00 already from 4.8 due to the Red card picked up in his first game. You go no know something you will just be blabbing.

Also, once a striker has more big chances missed or loses more duels than won and they tally together, their algorithmic calculations could score a player lower than usual when eye test shows otherwise. Ebuehi had a fine game yesterday but Sofascore scored him 6.5... so you see. grin

But then, sofascore ratings doesn't reflect the point I make on workrate and all round plays. They don't statistically measure some metrics which will elucidate this point more but their heatmaps already delivers a beautiful scenario which you obviously cannot spot because you just don't know.

Or do you? Oya answer and explain for us...

Do you understand what Osimhen's and Haaland's heatmaps say or not? grin

*tic tac, tic toc*

My guy why you Dey bring only heatmaps

Na person wey no no you u go use this one for

If I do small like forgiveness now you go tire grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
kingphilip:
For me all these comparison between players aren't necessary.

If both of them aren't playing same position and having same kind of midfielders behind them as strikers, there's no need to compare them with whatever metrics.

If roles were reversed and Haaland is required to do more either by his coach or other circumstances, he might adjust and put in the shift same as Osimhen.

Everybody should just enjoy the player he prefers and when the argument is getting longer, should ignore subsequently.

E don pass ten pages wey the argument about Osimhen and Haaland don de on ground and nobody wan agree say one better pass the other.

Abeg make we close this chapter.

At TheSuperNerd I can't remember you doing Nigerians who shone across Europe on Sunday, can you please help us pull that out?

Lol... You are right, my goodman but I have been busy lately. But I will eventually collate everything alongside the Midweek actions and drop them together later but not today. It is well. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

My guy why you Dey bring only heatmaps

Na person wey no no you u go use this one for

If I do small like forgiveness now you go tire grin

If wetin... abeg make I hear word. grin

Just explain what the heatmaps show naa... abi e hard?

You were expecting goals stats abi when I have been harping on Osimhen's all round plays compared to Haaland's? Haven't I already established that one is a goals machine? So what were you expecting again?

Biko explain the heatmaps and quit dodging. Unless you just don't know. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

If wetin... abeg make I hear word. grin

Just explain what the heatmaps show naa... abi e hard?

You were expecting goals stats abi when I have been harping on Osimhen's all round plays compared to Haaland's? Haven't I already established that one is a goals machine? So what were you expecting again?

Biko explain the heatmaps and quit dodging. Unless you just don't know. grin

Haaland better pass osimhen abi e no better pass ?

Simple yes or no Dey hard you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
Anyway, a little digression... see what I just picked up in my notifications. Oh man... grin

Isn't this ironic?

Original RMC sport report is found here...

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1450368497402458116?t=SbpVBhjDBGJQPrO0k_gknw&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Considering injuries and Covid limited Osimhen's impact last season while Haaland was flying in Bundesliga and the UCL, then I can live with "better" for now. All things considered.

But I insist that Osimhen is a more complete CF than Haaland. That one, I will analyse and over analyse to the depths on a good day. So make no one even take me there. Besides now is not even a good time. wink

How many times will I answer this question? Are this slow to understanding man? Look at the first answer I gave above and repeated in about two other posts.

Meanwhile, you are still dodging the question of whether you understand the 21/22 league heatmaps of both players so far according to Sofascore.

Na wa... Artful Dodger grin

andrewbaba44:

Haaland better pass osimhen abi e no better pass ?

Simple yes or no Dey hard you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Anyway, a little digression... see what I just picked up in my notifications. Oh man... grin

Isn't this ironic?

Original RMC sport report is found here...

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1450368497402458116?t=SbpVBhjDBGJQPrO0k_gknw&s=19
this one just one find excuse to run go Newcastle grin grin grin sha Arab money no loud cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11406) (11407) (11408) (11409) (11410) (11411) (11412) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, comodo, opes and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.