Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11607113 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11436) (11437) (11438) (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2021
Odunayaw:
Cycles that always happen in this thread;

1) FB talk
2) Recall retirees Ighalo and Moses
3) Politics/Tribe

Won shepe fun yin ni? undecided
Very predictable folks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2021
I Prefer Osimhen To Mbappe In
My Team, He Scores In Every
Way- Walter Sabatini

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/10/23/i-prefer-osimhen-to-mbappe-in-my-team-he-scores-in-every-way-walter-sabatini/

See hyping

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2021
lmao

bro i won't be surprised if osimehn moves to newcastle if they come up with a bid

many of us here because of sentiment refuse to understand that football is business and hustle to these guys even the club owners and executives

as for talisca teixeira brother i no blame them one bit for following the money to china because at the first place na money make them leave brazil come europe cheesy

i read a post where ex chelsea player oscar was asked if he regret moving to china at the peak of his career which made the brazilian team selectors to stop inviting him for games

his response was that he has no regrets because leaving brazil for england was because of money and when the Chinese offer came while he with chelsea he studied the offer and after discussing with his family he accepted to move to chelsea. that it hurts that he doesn't get a call up to the national team anymore and seem to have fallen off the radar but that football is business and that he has alot of family who depends on him for survival

that he is glad he took the offer knowing fully well that after he retires that his family won't ever suffer financially
andrewbaba44:

Wetin you Dey drink make bar man give you ?

You are spot on

But I no like that Newcastle talk grin

That’s how Anderson talisca and Alex teixeira traded Man U and Liverpool for China money grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Madrid doesn’t need osimhen or Chelsea

Lukaku is not leaving anytime soon

Benzema is in hot red form and mbappe will be joining him there soon

Club that osimhen can play for

Mancity : These ones no get striker
PSG: They will be offloading icardi soon ,you guys already know what playing with the goat means for the kid
Juventus : They have morata but that one can play from the side

Barcelona : They have aguero but you cannot count on him this days because of too much injuries

But he cannot join Barca because Barca are broke and they can’t afford him grin
Personally I want to see Osimhen in man City or psg

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2021
Samueltemi337:
psg yes but wanting him in city means u don’t wish him well

Pep that I know go bench osimehn sotey the bobo go lose temper fight am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2021
charlesemeka85:
lmao

bro i won't be surprised if osimehn moves to newcastle if they come up with a bid

many of us here because of sentiment refuse to understand that football is business and hustle to these guys even the club owners and executives

as for talisca teixeira brother i no blame them one bit for following the money to china because at the first place na money make them leave brazil come europe cheesy

i read a post where ex chelsea player oscar was asked if he regret moving to china at the peak of his career which made the brazilian team selectors to stop inviting him for games

his response was that he has no regrets because leaving brazil for england was because of money and when the Chinese offer came while he with chelsea he studied the offer and after discussing with his family he accepted to move to chelsea. that it hurts that he doesn't get a call up to the national team anymore and seem to have fallen off the radar but that football is business and that he has alot of family who depends on him for survival

that he is glad he took the offer knowing fully well that after he retires that his family won't ever suffer financially

Oscar was unlucky not being called anymore by Brazil since he moved to China ,Paulinho was a regular for Brazil while playing at China

Alex teixeira has returned to Europe now and playing for Beşiktaş at the champions league after packing enough money at China grin

Osimhen doesn’t need any kurukere move abeg ,he is being paid almost 100k weekly at Napoli ,so I believe another move to Europe top clubs will increase his salary to 150k/200k and to me that should be enough

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2021
solonnachi:

Happy birthday oga DAVE
May God be by your side to SAVE
May His blessings rest on you like sweet WAVES
I know you are BRAVE
So may all the blessings you CRAVE
Open doors for you that PAVE

Thanks boss! Amen! cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2021
Kog45:
Happy birthday my man Dave.
Gracias boss. I appreciate!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2021
maidaboi:
Way- Walter Sabatini

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/10/23/i-prefer-osimhen-to-mbappe-in-my-team-he-scores-in-every-way-walter-sabatini/

See hyping

Is Walter Sabatini saying Osimhen is better than Mbappe?? I don't think so. This was exactly the same argument we had on this thread a couple of days ago. There are certain characteristics that coaches look for in their player. To Mr Walter he prefers Osimhen's immense work rate.

"He rushes on impossible balls and he makes them his. Today, between Mbappé and Osimhen I’ll take Osimhen”, he told Corriere dello Sport".

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Osimhen is going to Bayern Munich...

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Why should Nigerian falcons play Ghanaian women for African nation cup qualifiers? CAF is stylishly killing West African teams. Why not seed the best teams? Caf did the same thing for under 17

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
saw the goal celebration of Osi in UEL, running all the way to go give big hugs to Mertens and the goalie afterwards did a special dance with the captain

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
It is very clear that Chidera Ejuke and Samuel Chukwueze are a class above Victor Moses when concerns are fixated on wing forward play.
There are obvious reasons enough for this conclusion. However Victor Moses is a maestro in wingback play.

For most of the coaches i have studied, Victor Moses will never displace these aforementioned players in their natural positions, that is, if these coaches will consider employing his services.

In Super Eagles, Victor Moses enjoyed the quality of John Obi Mikel and Ogenyi Onazi in addition to better tactics and approach.
Now that Salisu Yusuf is back, let's patiently observe the unfolding of events.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
maidaboi:
Way- Walter Sabatini

See hyping

Having preference doesn't mean better

I can as well prefer aghahowa as my no 9 to lewadonski..so e no mean cool

Na dt more complete we no wan hear grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Is Walter Sabatini saying Osimhen is better than Mbappe?? I don't think so. This was exactly the same argument we had on this thread a couple of days ago. There are certain characteristics that coaches looks for in their player. To Mr Walter he prefers Osimhen's immense work rate.

"He rushes on impossible balls and he makes them his. Today, between Mbappé and Osimhen I’ll take Osimhen”, he told Corriere dello Sport".

Like thegoodjoe said, the problem with some folks here is lack of comprehension skills.. The problem with others is that they had mocked Osimhen in the past and couldn't stand the sight of him shoving it in their face...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
Meliforme:
It is very clear that Chidera Ejuke and Samuel Chukwueze are a class above Victor Moses when concerns are fixated on wing forward play.
There are obvious reasons enough for this conclusion. However Victor Moses is a maestro in wingback play.

For most of the coaches i have studied, Victor Moses will never displace these aforementioned players in their natural positions, that is, if these coaches will consider employing his services.

In Super Eagles, Victor Moses enjoyed the quality of John Obi Mikel and Ogenyi Onazi in addition to better tactics and approach.
Now that Salisu Yusuf is back, let's patiently observe the unfolding of events.

I don’t like comparing naija players as I do respect all of them but you are saying nonsense with your full chest

Do you even know the meaning of class above ?

Anytime most of you guys hear the name victor Moses you begin to shiver and bring different agendas

Victor Moses enjoyed the quality of mikel and Onazi and better tactics and approach ? Just to talk say Moses do well you no fit ,you Dey give credit to other players

Victor Moses is not coming back to the eagles ,so rest with the downplaying

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Is Walter Sabatini saying Osimhen is better than Mbappe?? I don't think so. This was exactly the same argument we had on this thread a couple of days ago. There are certain characteristics that coaches looks for in their player. To Mr Walter he prefers Osimhen's immense work rate.

He said he prefer osimhen to mbappe and there is nothing wrong about that

Back to our arguement then ,I started the arguement by saying Haaland is better than osimhen ,I didn’t ask anyone or nerdy who do they prefer so please stop lying

Thank you .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

Like thegoodjoe said, the problem with some folks here is lack of comprehension skills.. The problem with others is that they had mocked Osimhen in the past and couldn't stand the sight of him shoving it in their face...

The person you quote is a big liar

The arguement here was who was the better player between osimhen and mbappe and not who do you prefer

If it’s about who do we prefer there will be no arguement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The person you quote is a big liar

The arguement here was who was the better player between osimhen and mbappe and not who do you prefer

If it’s about who do we prefer there will be no arguement

Stop calling him a liar. He was right. The argument was not about who was better. It was preference due to tactics.

I dropped Gabriel Jesus and Aguero's analogy. Showing Aguero was better but Guardiola preferred Gabriel Jesus.

So how was it about better?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Stop calling him a liar. He was right. The argument was not about who was better. It was preference due to tactics.

I dropped Gabriel Jesus and Aguero's analogy. Showing Aguero was better but Guardiola preferred Gabriel Jesus.

So how was it about better?

Oga I started the arguement ,stop saying what you don’t know ,I said Haaland was better than osimhen I didn’t ask anyone who do you prefer

You came into the arguement later and brought your narrative

You can ask nerdy

Na me start arguement and not you ,you bring aguero and Jesus as example no mean say na the arguement

Go back and check what started everything

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Oga I started the arguement ,stop saying what you don’t know ,I said Haaland was better than osimhen I didn’t ask anyone who do you prefer

You came into the arguement later and brought your narrative

You can ask nerdy

Na me start arguement and not you ,you bring aguero and Jesus as example no mean say na the arguement

Go back and check what started everything

You started the argument and I explained to you that it has to do with preference of attributes. TheSuperNerd went ahead to breakdown the attributes. Why did he do that?

It was to show you the reason of preference even though Haaland is rated higher.

At least Walter Sabatini's comment has done the debate justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You started the argument and I explained to you that it has to do with preference of attributes. TheSuperNerd went ahead to breakdown the attributes. Why did he do that?

It was to show you the reason of preference even though Haaland is rated higher.

At least Walter Sabatini's comment has done the debate justice.

Another shalaye

Nothing consign me and Walter sabatini ,he said he prefers osimhen to mbappe and there is nothing wrong about that ,so what debate justice are you talking about ?

Even if he said he prefers osimhen to Haaland there is still nothing wrong about that as that’s his opinion

He can still come and tell us they he prefers Haaland to mbappe and that’s still his opinion

Even Ronald koeman once preferred Mido to zlatan Ibrahimovic and it went well

So oga rest before you create another agenda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
Samueltemi337:
I don't have any evidence to say Pep us racist however African players have not thrived under him. Yaya and Eto fantastic ballers were somewhat serious back by Pep as he didn't really like them. Don't mention Keita as that one was just a spare tyre.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
This Chelsea na wa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hmm Chelsea lost Lukaku and Werner and still pumped Norwich 7:0, This season go hot o

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I don't have any evidence to say Pep us racist however African players have not thrived under him. Yaya and Eto fantastic ballers were somewhat serious back by Pep as he didn't really like them. Don't mention Keita as that one was just a spare tyre.

How do you mean by Keita being a spare tire ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:
Hmm Chelsea lost Lukaku and Werner and still pumped Norwich 7:0, This season go hot o

It’s only Norwich city and this game is not surprising

Everybody Dey shine today once better match come e go reduce ,we all saw what brentford did las week despite loosing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Osimhen is going to Bayern Munich...
If Osihmen remains consistent and there's need to move to bigger club, I see him in Barcelona. Barcelona will be building a new new team and I suspect they will like to replicate the Eto'o success with Osihmen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

It’s only Norwich city and this game is not surprising

Everybody Dey shine today once better match come e go reduce ,we all saw what brentford did las week despite loosing

When last did Chelsea win by even 4:0 in the league and Norwich is no walk over o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How do you mean by Keita being a spare tire ?

Spare tire now, shebi u get motor and una know d job of spare tire now, abi una no know? Top midfield of Barcelona that time na Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya kapicsh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don’t like comparing naija players as I do respect all of them but you are saying nonsense with your full chest

Do you even know the meaning of class above ?

Anytime most of you guys hear the name victor Moses you begin to shiver and bring different agendas

Victor Moses enjoyed the quality of mikel and Onazi and better tactics and approach ? Just to talk say Moses do well you no fit ,you Dey give credit to other players

Victor Moses is not coming back to the eagles ,so rest with the downplaying

I find it somehow sentimental of you to think that i am downplaying Victor Moses, when i clearly stated the area where he excels.
As far as wing forward play is concerned Victor Moses has nothing on those guys. I would have preferred you counter me with good debate, but you will not. I will refrain from schooling you Mr Andrew, even though you really need it.

I am not in charge of player selection, therefore i will have the least of worries regarding that. Anybody can be recalled and i will still enjoy the game, nevertheless i am just stating the obvious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

When last did Chelsea win by even 4:0 in the league and Norwich is no walk over o
Norwich case simple, dem suppose sack their coach now and when they get relegated, hire him again to bring them back. D guy na expert for championship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11436) (11437) (11438) (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jieta, do4luv14(m), superbloke(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.