Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786257 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11452) (11453) (11454) (11455) (11456) (11457) (11458) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Forget club form Samuel kalu is one of our best wingers. As per onuachu we don't need him. His style of play does not work for us. Awoniyi will do better than him for us. Onuachu will slow down our game and confuse us. Most of our good wingers love low ground crosses into the box 18 and he cannot do anything with the ball at his feet.
We have 5 strikers who are waiting. I keep repeating it Sadiq Umar is badly underrated and we should asses him. Imagine 17 assists a season and this season he already has 5 assists. We need a creative forward.

I like your knowledge of football

Andrew bid to be objective make him not to consider team chemistry and strengths sometimes when talking about this onauchu

Lets stop being sentimental he does not fit into our system

Do u know that u can play Sadiq/Nacho and Oshimen as 2 pivot attack in a midfield of Aribo/Frank and Ndidi with ejuke and chuks on both wings and still create and score goals but i doubt if you can do that with Onauchu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
If you weren’t disgrace then what was that?

Won’t you prefer your team loose 2-1 than 5-0 ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
humility33:

I like your knowledge of football

Andrew bid to be objective make him not to consider team chemistry and strengths sometimes when talking about this onauchu

Lets stop being sentimental he does not fit into our system

Do u know that u can play Sadiq/Nacho and Oshimen as 2 pivot attack in a midfield of Aribo/Frank and Ndidi with ejuke and chuks on both wings and still create and score goals but i doubt if you can do that with Onauchu

424 is not a stable formation especially as we’re playing without old fashioned wingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
Danielnino00:

But why are you so hell bent on this recruiting foreign born players agenda??

Let the NFF channel more funds and efforts into improving our football here...The foreign born will always be available for grab... It is up to them to declare interest in playing for us,not the other way around..

You are trying to imply that there's a dearth of football talents in the country and we should turn to abroad for help,which is simply not true...

There is nothing bad in recruiting FB players and doing so shouldn't stop us from setting up good structures and systems in place to develop and nurture home grown players

For now Pinnick started well with Zenith Bank under 17 tourney but today the tourney is dead and no capable grass root football at the moment we dont have a standing under 15, 17 and 20 team.... and he topled it with the appointment of mediocre coaches for the cadet teams

So we going after foreign born players is the solution to current super goals problem in the short run and more over it shouldnt stop us from developing our home grown structures.... it will even spoil us with options if both sources are well managed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
12large1:

424 is not a stable formation especially as we’re playing without old fashioned wingers

I mean formation twerked in this format

Chuks Ndidi Aribo ejuke

Sadiq/Nacho Oshimen/Taiwo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Won’t you prefer your team loose 2-1 than 5-0 ?
All na 3points. Where you see the waray wey depay give ball troway? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
All na 3points. Where you see the waray wey depay give ball troway? grin grin

Dest ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
Joebie:
tbaba1234, na u be this?
No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
Was watching the post match analysis of the Man U game honestly the comments from scholes really annoyed me. Ole coached a dreadful Manchester side today but Paul somehow made it all Pogba's fault like he was on the pitch when they considered 4 goals. Always questioning his commitment like it's pogba's fault that man u has had poor or shitty coaches since Ferguson retired. Shebi if Pogba is the one holding them back how come other players haven't powered united to glory?

Really disgraceful the free pass these ex-united players give ole but will be all over pogba should he as much as breathe smh.

sorry for the digression guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I forgot about Samuel kalu ,he is also good and he is a threat to defenders

But awoniyi awoniyi played ahead Of onuachu against CAR nah ,abi are you still not okay by that ? Maybe you want him out of the team completely

Awoniyi play match yet you still want onuachu out,say no be juju be that ?

How will onuachu slow down our game and confuse us ? You can never explain this

How well has samuel kalu been playing this season for his club?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

They won’t us 2-1

We weren’t disgraced

Andrew my guy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
12large1:
Salah has to presently be the best player in the world

Without a doubt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Blueelf:

Andrew my guy

grin grin grin grin grin
Una make my day sha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
When will our clueless coach rohr call up dis young man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
elyte89:
When will our clueless coach rohr call up dis young man

Is it not better to give him a try than inviting many strikers/defenders?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Dest ?
That guy brain is full of relaxer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
How our LB and LCB want take face Salah next year now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
When will these PSG owners realise and understand that this current PSG squad is too big for Pochettino, sack him and replace him with a coach like Zidane.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
chrisooblog:
Was watching the post match analysis of the Man U game honestly the comments from scholes really annoyed me. Ole coached a dreadful Manchester side today but Paul somehow made it all Pogba's fault like he was on the pitch when they considered 4 goals. Always questioning his commitment like it's pogba's fault that man u has had poor or shitty coaches since Ferguson retired. Shebi if Pogba is the one holding them back how come other players haven't powered united to glory?

Really disgraceful the free pass these ex-united players give ole but will be all over pogba should he as much as breathe smh.

sorry for the digression guys
No Nigeria player don get 0/10 rating before. Even 1/10. Na 80m man kon Get am. Chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
I don't even know what difference soqid will actually make in the team or what unique stuff he his bringing that osimehn the first choice doesn't have or even awoniyi who I consider should take the second spot but onuachu height gives him the edge from areal ball's and some people have even mentioned it here that he his not good with is feet only his head just to down play him but Which dey didn't realize is an added advantage to our cross and inshallah style grin grin grin if sodiq eventually get any call up he his coming to seat on the bench simple as ABC and get little minutes to show what he has to offer.

Sadiq will certainly offer more to the team..Much better than Onuachu... To start with,he is as much of a prolific scorer like Onuachu..and he is skillful,fast and creative...
In 209 career games, he has 111 goals and 46 assists.. that's 157 goal contribution in 209 games! For a striker,those are hug numbers..
Some might argue that he has been playing on low leagues for most of his career,but that's not entirely true... He played in Partizan in Serbia and recorded 23 goals and 19 assists in 52 games... With NAC Breda in Netherlands,he has 5 goals and 3 assists in 11 games...2 goals in 6 games for Roma.. The stats don't lie..

Onuachu is actually a very good striker...he is a proper goal poacher.. But the problem is that he isn't mobile enough.. He is the kind of striker you have to feed with the ball before he can perform.. his off the ball movement are poor..he can't even press well..
Right now,we don't have enough creative midfielders in our team,and our wingers are either poor crossers of the balls or more like wing forwards, so Onuachu will most likely be starved of service....that's why he is struggling..

I will totally support the idea of dropping him to give Sadiq his chance...
Sadiq has really improved from the timid kid many of us saw at the Olympics...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Subzero047:
Salah is now the highest scoring African in the premier league
Greatest African player IMO..
edges out Eto'o for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
kendrick93:

Greatest African player IMO..
edges out Eto'o for me

No afcon yet for salah,so etoo still edges him out cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
elyte89:

No afcon yet for salah,so etoo still edges him out cool
Well yeah...
But i was speaking based on ability & peak performance..
His consistency over the years is insane....
He's gone up another level this season,
And now he's arguably the best player in the world..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
daveP:
How our LB and LCB want take face Salah next year now?

grin grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Onuachu cannot be dropped

Awoniyi played against CAR and onuachu didn’t even play so what are you saying

Be bold enough to say onuachu should be dropped for sadiq grin
onuachu was injured during last international break
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
The super falcons have advanced to the next round of the AWCON qualifiers, but their performance today left much to desire...
If they continue,they may not make it to the AWCON...

This Pinnick guy is a big time clown... imagine appointing a college coach to lead the super falcons!!
I seriously can't wait to see his administration come to an end...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Arabiandude:

Then I must say you got my message very wrong, but let me explain further.

You mentioned Kane as an example and your unpopular opinion boils down to Nigeria world class player. Either Kane was worth more and today he is worth 80m, nothing changes the fact that he was a world class player and he still remains one, so using Kane as an example doesn't correlate in anyway.

Osimhen was bought for close to 80m, it takes a world class or close to a world class player to be bought for such amount and today, Osimhen performance for Napoli this season means he is to be bought today by another club, he will surely cost more than 80m. So if he was a world class or close to a world class that made Napoli to purchase him with such an amount, what will you call him now that he seems to have performed more than the 80m Napoli paid to get him.

So my point is that as at today, Nigeria can boast of 2 world class players,
1. Victor Osimhen
2. Winfred Ndidi
Then Nigeria hopeful to be regarded as world class players in the next maybe 2 years
1. Samuel Chukwueze
2 Chidera Ejuke.
For Iheanacho, he is not a world class player, neither is he a bad player, he is just there, so he can be describe as a good player and if Awoniyi and Sadiq continues this their current forms, they might overtake Iheanacho in the world of football very soon.

Note that I am not saying Iheanacho is not a talented footballer, just that his continues stay at Leicester has stagnated it and if he had left to a team like Dortmund playing behind someone like Halaand, he would have been regarded as a world class player by now

According to your theory the following players who cost more than Osimhen are world class:

Joao Felix
Arizzabalaga
Nicolas Pepe
Dembele
Grealish
Arthur

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Danielnino00:
The super falcons have advanced to the next round of the AWCON qualifiers, but their performance today left much to desire...
If they continue,they may not make it to the AWCON...

This Pinnick guy is a big time clown... imagine appointing a college coach to lead the super falcons!!
I seriously can't wait to see his administration come to an end...
there are strong rumors that he’s eyeing a third term

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
jihday:
there are strong rumors that he’s eyeing a third term

Is that constitutional?
I thought the post is for 2 terms
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

According to your theory the following players who cost more than Osimhen are world class:

Joao Felix
Arizzabalaga
Nicolas Pepe
Dembele
Grealish
Arthur

None of these players are world class I repeat none of these players are world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
Arabiandude:

Then I must say you got my message very wrong, but let me explain further.

You mentioned Kane as an example and your unpopular opinion boils down to Nigeria world class player. Either Kane was worth more and today he is worth 80m, nothing changes the fact that he was a world class player and he still remains one, so using Kane as an example doesn't correlate in anyway.

Osimhen was bought for close to 80m, it takes a world class or close to a world class player to be bought for such amount and today, Osimhen performance for Napoli this season means he is to be bought today by another club, he will surely cost more than 80m. So if he was a world class or close to a world class that made Napoli to purchase him with such an amount, what will you call him now that he seems to have performed more than the 80m Napoli paid to get him.

So my point is that as at today, Nigeria can boast of 2 world class players,
1. Victor Osimhen
2. Winfred Ndidi
Then Nigeria hopeful to be regarded as world class players in the next maybe 2 years
1. Samuel Chukwueze
2 Chidera Ejuke.
For Iheanacho, he is not a world class player, neither is he a bad player, he is just there, so he can be describe as a good player and if Awoniyi and Sadiq continues this their current forms, they might overtake Iheanacho in the world of football very soon.

Note that I am not saying Iheanacho is not a talented footballer, just that his continues stay at Leicester has stagnated it and if he had left to a team like Dortmund playing behind someone like Halaand, he would have been regarded as a world class player by now

Nigeria can only boast of one world class player which is ndidi

Even the ndidi many people will disagree with me

Osimhen is not a world class player yet but he will get there if he keeps working hard ,he is above average at least

Dzeko vardy Na 50/50 dem be for world class player yet you are already putting osimhen there who just started ,even ndidi self Na 50/50 but me calling him world class is just my own opinion

Ejuke and chukwueze cannot be world class playing for Villarreal and cska Moscow or other average European teams in the next 2 seasons ,they have the potentials to play for big teams so they should keep working hard

This should not even be an arguement

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Man utd bought a goat..

Young boys stole the goat. .

Leicester slaughtered the goat and fried it with king power oil. .

Liverpool now used the fried goat to do salah

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11452) (11453) (11454) (11455) (11456) (11457) (11458) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.