Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,267 members, 7,864,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11952408 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11523) (11524) (11525) (11526) (11527) (11528) (11529) ... (16370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:
musa above average?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
the only 2 players i will say that is a bit close to world class is ndidi and osimhen

others are average and below average players

vinicius jnr with his superb form currently is not even regarded to be world class let alone chukwueze and ejuke to be above average cheesy
andrewbaba44:

E no get who don defend iwobi here pass me but I go always talk truth ,maybe if iwobi has been consistent I would have agree with him

Iwobi and musa above average but ighalo Na average grin

They can’t be better then ighalo ,and all of them together with ighalo Na bang average grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:
the only 2 players i will say that is a bit close to world class is ndidi and osimhen

vinicius jnr with his superb form currently is not even regarded to be world class let alone chukwueze and ejuke to be above average cheesy

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
the way players are been hyped here no dey vex me again but becoming comical to me

sometimes i do ask if some folks here do watch football games abi na only super eagles matches dem dey watch

fiorentina's young hotshot vladhovic who have been consistent in serie A in the colors of fiorentina is not even rated as worldclass yet let alone osimhen

ivorian striker haller who is the top scorer in the champions league so far is not even rated as above average yet

make dem kuku tag onuachu world class cheesy
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:

correct you bro wink na this kind thinking or mindset go dey make people think we suppose enter world cup final or win world cup cheesy grin last last small team go humble us cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:
the way players are been hyped here no dey vex me again but becoming comical to me

sometimes i do ask if some folks here do watch football games abi na only super eagles matches dem dey watch

fiorentina's young hotshot vladhovic who have been consistent in serie A in the colors of fiorentina is not even rated as worldclass yet let alone osimhen

ivorian striker haller who is the top scorer in the champions league so far is not even rated as above average yet

make dem kuku tag onuachu world class cheesy

You are right ooo ,we like our players doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be sincere

It even took so long for prolific Jamie Vardy to be regarded as world class self

Vlahovic is among the best young players in the world also ,very good striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
not to think but entitled that the team suppose win afcon straight five time and atleast make the world cup finals next year cheesy
TFLASHOGEE:
correct you bro wink na this kind thinking or mindset go dey make people think we suppose enter world cup final or win world cup cheesy grin last last small team go humble us cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
You mean the Ivorians don't have young talents promising talents? Should I name them? If Rohr tries this in Nigeria, Nairaland analyst will send to jail grin grin grin grin
TheGoodJoe:

These are their best players. Over the years, The Ivorians have had a steady growth in football. So these are the best. Can you list your best Nigerian players and tell me the older ones are better?

That is because we had a gap in development which changed with the Maigari blueprint of youth development.

The point is too simple but you have chosen to drag it.

List your best Nigerian players and their ages. At least list your top 10 Nigerian players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
vlahodvic na my ideal striker any day any time. fearless,skillful,fast with a deadly left foot
andrewbaba44:

It even took so long for prolific Jamie Vardy to be regarded as world class self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
charlesemeka85:
not to think but entitled that the team suppose win afcon straight five time and atleast make the world cup finals next year cheesy
you talk am Wella grin grin grin na why when match dey come lamentation book is always open and different verses are quoted grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
zuchyblink:
You mean the Ivorians don't have young talents promising talents? Should I name them? If Rohr tries this in Nigeria, Nairaland analyst will send to jail grin grin grin grin

Forget age or experience talk. If you can list the best Ivorian players, you will see many older ones.

To explain, Yaya at 32 was the best player in their team.

Our best Defensive Midfielder is Ndidi. Our best striker is Osimhen.

It is not about age or experience.

Very simple point.

Whether they have young or promising is not the point. It is always play the best players.

Finito.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You guys can sound funny sometimes. Wasn't Vardy highly rated as soon as he hit that golden boot? Would he have been rated before then? So what is the point?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
hahahahahahahaha na so them hype nwakali here i come dey reason na the nwakali i knw abi na another one? cheesy

dem don hype am for 4 years now none stop and during this period unknown midfielders emerged from nowhere and currently doing marvelously well in decent and top leagues in europe

nwakali started getting the hype when aribo self dey none league football

onyeka was out on loan to the dannish 2nd tier

alhassan was still playing grassroot football in one of the northern states

amoo never even believe say em go play u17 world let alone doing well in sweden now

onyedika never even dream to come denmark

still dem no go allow person hear word even making to seem as an injustice to nwakali for not getting a super eagles call up yet cheesy
TFLASHOGEE:
you talk am Wella grin grin grin na why when match dey come lamentation book is always open and different verses are quoted grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You guys can sound funny sometimes. Wasn't Vardy highly rated as soon as he hit that golden boot? Would he have been rated before then? So what is the point?

I was not talking before the golden boots or before the epl glory

Vardy has always been rated but not overrated as the English do to some of their players ,maybe because he was playing for Leicester city and not young when he became popular

Vardy is a world class player but wasn’t regarded as world class earlier when he was banging the goals ,it was up to 4 consistent seasons

I know what I am saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Napoleon55:

The only thing adding a question mark on ndidi's status as world class is d club he plays 4,
otherwise he is a genuine world class.

Ejuke and chukueze are authentic top players,and potential world class.
While osimhen is almost world class.

Ndidi - world class
Osimhen - 90% world class
Chukwueze - top player
Ejuke - top player

Others are average,above average and below average.

Iheanacho - above average/top player
Iwobi - above average/top player
Musa - above average

Ighalo- average
Simon - average
Onuachu - average
Aribo - average
Etabo - average
Onyeka - average
Balogun- average
Ekong- average
Awaziem- average
Aina- average
Sanusi- average
Maduka- average

And this team is good enough for AFCON trophy and WC Q/final

Has Ejuke achieved what Iheanacho, Simon, Onuachu, Iwobi and Ighalo achieved that he merits top player ranking?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
forgiveness:

Has Ejuke achieved what Iheanacho, Simon, Onuachu, Iwobi and Ighalo achieved that he merits top player ranking?

Ejuke hasn’t even played up to half of musa level at cska Moscow grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I was not talking before the golden boots or before the epl glory

Vardy has always been rated but not overrated as the English do to some of their players ,maybe because he was playing for Leicester city and not young when he became popular

Vardy is a world class player but wasn’t regarded as world class earlier when he was banging the goals ,it was up to 4 consistent seasons

I know what I am saying

Before the EPL glory, Vardy was not rated high. It was that season that made Vardy. Osimhen was not rated so high despite a good performance at Lille it was this season his performance at Napoli is drawing people to his high qualities and earning respect.

Even drawing attention from quality journalists. But, you guys will like to change it to over hyping, which is absolutely not true.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
I can list up to fifty ivorian young stars doing well in France, Denmark, Belgium, England,Spain,Italy,Germany and North Africa. In Ivory today they are not shouting discard the old player live the young stars. Naija go ' why invite Gervinho when we have Pepe,why invite Serey Die when we have Jessie,the list continues
TheGoodJoe:

Forget age or experience talk. If you can list the best Ivorian players, you will see many older ones.

To explain, Yaya at 32 was the best player in their team.

Our best Defensive Midfielder is Ndidi. Our best striker is Osimhen.

It is not about age or experience.

Very simple point.

Whether they have young or promising is not the point. It is always play the best players.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ejuke hasn’t even played up to half of musa level at cska Moscow grin

I just wonder what that man is typing ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
zuchyblink:
I can list up to fifty ivorian young stars doing well in France, Denmark, Belgium, England,Spain,Italy,Germany and North Africa. In Ivory today they are not shouting discard the old player live the young stars

That is totally off point. Whether they have a million youngsters is not the point.

The point is, who are their best players.

Simple.

List your best Nigerian players. Top 10. Let us see their ages.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

That is totally off point. Whether they have a million youngsters is not the point.

The point is, who are their best players.

Simple.

List your best Nigerian players. Top 10. Let us see their ages.
top ten best rated Ivorians on FIFA 22. How many of the old war horse are there? They still know the importance of having their experienced players around.Remember say no be me do the rating

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Before the EPL glory, Vardy was not rated high. It was that season that made Vardy. Osimhen was not rated so high despite a good performance at Lille it was this season his performance at Napoli is drawing people to his high qualities and earning respect.

Even drawing attention from quality journalists. But, you guys will like to change it to over hyping, which is absolutely not true.

Osimhen was rated highly at Lille ,if he wasn’t Napoli won’t pay such transfer fee for him

Napoli is a bigger club and rated higher than Lille and seria A is a bigger league than Ligue 1 and osimhen will surely draw attention from journalist because he is good

Where did I call osimhen an overhyped player ?

What’s wrong in saying he is not yet world class but will be there soon , So you want me to call osimhen world class to please you ?

Was osimhen the only player on that list ?

You are a comedian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen was rated highly at Lille ,if he wasn’t Napoli won’t pay such transfer fee for him

Napoli is a bigger club and rated higher than Lille and seria A is a bigger league than Ligue 1 and osimhen will surely draw attention from journalist because he is good

Where did I call osimhen am overhyped player ?

What’s wrong in saying he is not yet world class but will be there soon , So you want me to call osimhen world class to please you ?

You are a comedian

We are talking with respect of being World Class. Napoli paid high because of future value. A high quality player at such a young age.

Now there are discussions with Osimhen having World Class attributes.

These talk came with his performances in a top league which is drawing him attention.

Even some foreign personalities have agreed with the view.

You guys are making it look as if Nigerians are just overhyping him, which is clearly not the case.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Where did I call osimhen an overhyped player ?

Was osimhen the only player on that list ?

You are a comedian

Osimhen will command a higher fee today. Which means he is now rated higher than the buying price from Lille. It is the current value that is the discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking with respect of being World Class. Napoli paid high because of future value. A high quality player at such a young age.

Now there are discussions with Osimhen having World Class attributes.

These talk came with his performances in a top league which is drawing him attention.

Even some foreign personalities have agreed with the view.

You guys are making it look as if Nigerians are just overhyping him, which is clearly not the case.

Finito.

Where did I make it look like Nigerians are overhyping him ?

Where did I say osimhen doesn’t have the world class attributes ?

If I begin drag you for this hot sun now e go be like say i be wahala person grin

You just just good in shifting narratives
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
zuchyblink:
top ten best rated Ivorians on FIFA 22. How many of the old war horse are there? They still know the importance of having their experienced players around.Remember say no be me do the rating

If we want to go with FIFA rating, then I will say the coach is not making a fair selection but sentimental choice.

Ironically, I can't make a sound analysis being not too versed with their football. However, selection should always be about the best players.

A coach selecting based on age or experience, lacks sound judgment of quality.

From the perspective of FIFA, he is not going with his best players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen will command a higher fee today. Which means he is now rated higher than the buying price from Lille. It is the current value that is the discussion.

He is now rated higher than when he was at Lille doesn’t mean he wasn’t rated at Lille ,you dig ?

How many players Ligue 1 don sell for 80 million or more than ? Pepe mbappe ,I don’t know who else

Napoli will definitely sell for more than that amount because he is doing well there

Lille still remains the biggest winners here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He is now rated higher than when he was at Lille doesn’t mean he wasn’t rated at Lille ,you dig ?

How many players Ligue 1 don sell for 80 million or more than ? Pepe mbappe ,I don’t know who else

Napoli will definitely sell for more than that amount because he is doing well there

Lille still remains the biggest winners here

So Osimhen's rave he is enjoying in the country is due to his improved performance. He was still our player before but was not praised that much.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
e shock you? cheesy cheesy

andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Osimhen not part of Napoli travelling squad for tonight's Europa league game in Poland....
Precautionary measure due to his injury..

He might be excused for our upcoming game..

The predictable result is that Awoniyi will be called to replace him... And Ighalo leads the attack grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E no get who don defend iwobi here pass me but I go always talk truth ,maybe if iwobi has been consistent I would have agree with him

Iwobi and musa above average but ighalo Na average grin

They can’t be better than ighalo ,and all of them together with ighalo Na bang average grin
Note that i didn't based my rating on current form alone,

Musa of today is below average,i can't argue that,
he is not even suppose to still b in the team,
but u can't just throw away all his past exploits n rate him on his recent performance.
A litle bit above average on his whole career is better .

I can still rate iwobi and iheanachoi as above average at least for SEs,their problem is their inconsistency.

Ighalo is an an average player,now and in d past.

I only rate osimhen as almost world class based on this season.

By the way i have always maintained here whenever they start singing about the abundance of talents we parade,
that we no longer have the kind of players we use to parade in d past,
that most our players r average.

But we still have atleast 3 top players in osimhen,ndidi and chukwueze,now ejuke is included.
With 3 top players in your team is enough for any tournaments.
That's my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Danielnino00:
Osimhen not part of Napoli travelling squad for tonight's Europa league game in Poland....
Precautionary measure due to his injury..

He might be excused for our upcoming game..

The predictable result is that Awoniyi will be called to replace him... And Ighalo leads the attack grin

Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (11523) (11524) (11525) (11526) (11527) (11528) (11529) ... (16370) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), chrisooblog, sainteve4r(m), Giv3n, dijon, Christinu2, gatecrash123, Goke7, lelion, Franktom247(m), Ppogbae and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.