Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,047 members, 7,852,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11880065 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) (11622) ... (16253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Danielnino00:
See ehn, if I'm Aina, I won't accept another call up to the national team.. I might just fake an injury... The guy has suffered under Rohr... I'm not such a big fan of his because of his ability to lose concentration in games, but c'mon, he is a natural wingback.. the best wingback in the team..And in a game where you deployed wingback,you keep him on the bench and start Collins, a natural left back and Simon, a winger over him.... Rohr is wasting that guy time...

See my bruh, all this talk of wingback... Does our gaffer even know the meaning of that word talk less of its use? You have an ex defender as a coach, what do you expect? Where will his focus be? Does he even focus on attacking football. His philosophy is simple. If you can't score, don't concede! Everything else na insha Allah.

Wingback Sha? I laugh in swahili.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
mostob:
Yann sommer was one of the top performer for Switzerland during Euro. . Two days ago, he denied Italy an automatic qualification by saving Jorginho's last minute penalty.

Arsenal's defence couldn't contain leceister's forwards but Ramsdale was there to save them.

Can we count on Okoye to save the team at crucial times?

If na Ezenwa dey perform like Okoye, some people would be insulting him by now.
As jittery as Akpeyi is, I'm more comfortable with him than this Okoye.
I really miss Carl Ikeme... Very sure and confident.

I nor dey like if defenders and goal keepers dey shake

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
mostob:
Yann sommer was one of the top performer for Switzerland during Euro. . Two days ago, he denied Italy an automatic qualification by saving Jorginho's last minute penalty.

Arsenal's defence couldn't contain leceister's forwards but Ramsdale was there to save them.

No lie detected

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
yeah I remember the ball slip under Enyeama (could have done better) and entered. That 2006 world cup qualification failure pain me enter bone. Then some pastors were prophesying that Nigeria will still play the world cup despite not qualifying grin
we were kicked out by the head to head rule, the rule was just introduced, if it was by GD Nigeria would still have qualified. It was the most painful world Cup miss.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
yeah I remember the ball slip under Enyeama (could have done better) and entered. That 2006 world cup qualification failure pain me enter bone. Then some pastors were prophesying that Nigeria will still play the world cup despite not qualifying grin
Joseph Yobo lost of concentration cost us the match...the man turned Yobo out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
owbabs:
Too all people complaining. This team is playing safe controlled football just to qualify for the next round. This is making up for the lack of quality in all round display. When the chips are down we will see what they have.

Lol who b dis again grin grin...wc one b safe control football...against liberia grin grin grin

Abeg Danielninho00 ,find am better reply grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
Uzoho is more composed and assured than Okoye. Oya! Begin shout league this, league that

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
I really miss Carl Ikeme... Very sure and confidence.

Those two departments are the foundation of a team. If both are shaky, It will affect the whole team.
We still need keeper abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
Montenegro totally dominating Netherlands.
Norway couldn't beat Latvia at home.

There is hope.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
ChrisKels:
Uzoho is more composed and assured than Okoye. Oya! Begin shout league this, league that
Because he conceded against CAR Rohr no gree forgive am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
ALL I KNOW IS ANYBODY DT GIVE ROHR ANOTHER FLIMPSY EXCUSE FOR THIS EYE-SORE PERFORMANCE IS A BASTARD

THIS ROHR CAN TURN A FERRARI INTO A KEKE NAPEP

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
ChrisKels:
my brother, let us be blunt. . Uzoho is better than Okoye. No be by league abeg . .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
MEANWHILE NFF SHLD SACK ROHR AND EMPLOW JOACHIM LOEW ASAP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
Akpoguma tongue

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
mostob:

Maduka Okoye has not impressed me for once in eagles colour but his young age keep on telling me that he would be a good keeper in no distance future.

I know Maduka is not better than Uzoho whom I don't rate too but do we have options in goalkeeping dept.?NO....thank God the two are still young.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
mostob:

You no watch the ball be that

Warey Jorginho play ball go sky grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
zicky:
we were kicked out by the head to head rule, the rule was just introduced, if it was by GD Nigeria would still have qualified. It was the most painful world Cup miss.

At least Nigeria knew about the head to head rules then before the qualifiers started then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Surebaba01:
Akpoguma tongue
U20 ? No be Musa Muhammed be that ? I think they beat us in U20, whereas we won the previous u17.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Montenegro totally dominating Netherlands.
Norway couldn't beat Latvia at home.

There is hope.

Hope for which team ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
ChrisKels:
How a young keeper with world cup experience became a bench warmer for average keeper with no spectacular showing still dey baffling me o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You no watch the ball be that

Warey Jorginho play ball go sky grin
Oops. . .mixed them up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
Because he conceded against CAR Rohr no gree forgive am.

And another one conceded 4 against Sierra Leone grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
mostob:
Oops. . .mixed them up.

You are right with what you said there sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Now that Ahmed Musa has overtaken Joseph Yobo and Vincent Enyeama with highest appearance, can they now stop inviting him?

Chidera Ejuke is too amateurish with his style of play, I wonder why nobody talks to him about that.

Ndidi is supposed to be the player with the highest workrate but seems all he does is tackle and his job is done. (Next is walk around the pitch, hiding from the ball or pointing to another player that the ball should be passed to)

Simon is full of energy and muscle play, no end product, I wonder how he got up to 7 assists so far in his club.

Osihmen is good but needs to be more technical (I couldn't stop laughing when he shot that ball with all the muscles in the world, even if he scored that would have been a very ugly goal for a player of his profile. He should learn more technical ways of putting the ball past the goalkeeper without much stress)

Okoye, sometimes the way he catches the ball is so scary. Some catches that requires going with one hand he will go will two hands like a secondary school goalkeeper learner, thereby slowing his ability to stretch full length. (I wonder why the goalkeeper trainers haven't noticed)

Troost Ekong na wah oo, those days we use to say "calamity Yobo" I wonder what we will call Ekong's consistency in delivering errors after errors. Physically he looks like a bada$s, no nonsense defender but in reality he is the king of para (little charge from opponent he's already panicking)

Overall all Super Eagles players lack confidence on the ball, they lack idea and confidence of how to panetrate their opponent.

Even the coach is always scared to make changes. His changes are always not tactical, he lacks everything a coach should have and should find a ways to leave the team ASAP.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Thank you for saying this

But it won’t be right for him to reject call up sha

I won't blame him if he does..Shebi Kalu found an excuse not to be invited for the international break...Aina can find one too..
Rohr isn't interested in using players in their natural position..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
U20 ? No be Musa Muhammed be that ? I think they beat us in U20, whereas we won the previous u17.

Exactly…we were very awful in that tournament

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:
When Okocha and Kanu were picking matches to play and we paid dearly for it.

Really surprised seeing Kanu played till 2010,he lost his mojo back in 2006 but keeping on getting preferential treatment just like what Ahmed Musa is enjoying now.

Kanu was the only thing in our midfield between 2006 and 2010 when okocha left. In fact in this period he saved us from defeat time after time. The team when okocha left was kanu and insha Allah.
Kanu even said the players had a psychological problem and I feel he is still right up till now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
elyte89:

Lol who b dis again grin grin...wc one b safe control football...against liberia grin grin grin

Abeg Danielninho00 ,find am better reply grin

Safe controlled football must be something out of Rohr books of tactics...

Against minnows for that matter...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:
Maduka Okoye has not impressed me for once in eagles colour but his young age keep on telling me that he would be a good keeper in no distance future.

I know Maduka is not better than Uzoho whom I don't rate too but do we have options in goalkeeping dept.?NO....thank God the two are still young.
We may not have options but why can't the better one out of the two we have man the post.

And I believe our scouts are just bring lazy. If they are doing their job as they should, we might likely find one or two decent goalies either home or abroad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Acecards:
I really miss Carl Ikeme... Very sure and confident.

Carl was a diamond lost by unfortunate circumstances embarassed embarassed embarassed I still watch his clip's in the national team okoye isn't showing confidence of spearing the blushes of our CB because he makes simple ball catch looks dangerous shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

At least Nigeria knew about the head to head rules then before the qualifiers started then
yea, the nfa was very much aware, taking out game against Angola to kano was a wrong decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:

okoye the first 9ja keeper to play in the epl and 9ja’s first choice

If u no like am hit head for the nearest wall cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) (11622) ... (16253) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), TheGoodJoe(m), M7even(m), tomsniel(m), mostob(m), GMBOFASIA, soetanoreoluwa(m), joelsteron, 9JAMac10 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.