Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778540 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11632) (11633) (11634) (11635) (11636) (11637) (11638) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

These 2 players sabi abeg

Ole just Dey waste van de beek

It is time for Van de Beek to push a move this January. He can not keep wasting in the hands of Manchester United. A loan move to the end of the season then push a transfer. I thought Erik Ten Hag would have gone to Newcastle and then sign him. It seems that move is hot happening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Seems they're asking for an investigation. Although very disappointing, I feel Bafana are improving compared to where they were 2 years ago. They should keep the momentum.

SA was clearly robbed in broad day light.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

With the reception that United fans gave him against City, I don't think VDB will leave United.

I watched Vlahovic for the first time versus Mourinho's Roma and I thought 'this guy is as good as the hype'.

Then I went to check his age, same as Haaland.

Vlahovic Na baller ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TMKsouth: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2021
ChrisKels:

SA was clearly robbed in broad day light.

I missed the game. If that's the case dude, then SAFA should definitely make a lot of noise about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2021
that guy is damn good
andrewbaba44:

Vlahovic Na baller ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
The Premier League strugglers recently became the biggest money-bags in club football, and they have set sights on raiding Almeria for their prolific striker

Newcastle United have reportedly joined Tottenham Hotspur in the race for Almeria’s star forward Umar Sadiq.

According to a report from Fichajes, Newcastle will look to bolster their struggling attack with the signing of the Nigerian forward, who is valued at around €25 million.

The Geordies have managed just 12 goals in 11 English Premier League games this term and deservedly sit second from bottom on the table.

But the recent acquisition by oil-rich owners have seen Newcastle bring in new manager Eddie Howe, with the club expected to make a few quality signings during the January transfer window.

Sadiq is one of those that have emerged as an ideal option for Newcastle.

After spells at AS Roma, Torino, Bologna, and Rangers, the Kaduna-born forward’s breakthrough arrived at Partizan Belgrade, where he impressively scored 23 goals in 52 appearances.

Sadiq’s time at Almeria, a team he joined for just €5 million last year, has been even more remarkable, with the former Nigerian youth international notching 29 goals and adding 13 assists in 58 competitive games.

Almeria may not be willing to let go of Sadiq at the season’s midway point, with the Spanish side currently sitting top of the Segunda Division aided by 24-year-old’s seven goals in 15 games.

It would, however, be hard to resist the interest of Newcastle, who would find no trouble coughing out the €25 million Almeria want for the Nigerian, who had previously been linked to English rivals Tottenham.

Bayern Munich and Manchester City also once held interests in the striker who won a bronze medal for Nigeria at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Honestly, I have been having this phantasy and predicting this move in my mind since those Arabs bought over New Castle rights. I have been thinking about possible qaulity strikers they can go for this January to help keep them up and I keep landing at Sadiq Umar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
oga post news forget wild. no transfer news is authenticate until it happens
Why are taking it so personal, mate? This report is 100 percent fabricated, I can confirm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

I missed the game. If that's the case dude, then SAFA should definitely make a lot of noise about it.

Have you not seen the video clip?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
that guy is damn good

Big teams with cash will all be going after him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Dude this is Africa football. This is not the first time soft penalty has been given to any African country and it won't be the last, let it go
I'm just aknowledging we were robbed, whether it's the first or the last time that's irrelevant. We scored a legitimate goal against the same Ghana in Johannesburg and it was disallowed, meaning we should have won 2-0. Growing up during the Lucas Radebe, Benni McCarthy era we used to joke when our team was to play away on the continent that "oh we are playing in Burkina Faso, we gonna get cheated" and it would happen. It's been happening for the longest of time and CAF must do something about it.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Seems they're asking for an investigation. We shouldn't let it go if indeed we were robbed.

Although very disappointing, I feel Bafana are improving compared to where they were 2 years ago. They should keep the momentum.
yes, there's an improvement because this is a young team, although we were awful last night, we went through the whole qualification process without conceding a goal in open play and that was encouraging. What the coach mus do now is to continue building the team and reinforce with some young talent playing abroad in countries like Portugal and Sweden

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TMKsouth: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
ChrisKels:

Have you not seen the video clip?

Okay, I just checked it out now. The guy felt a hand on his back and decided to drop to the ground. The ref isn't supposed to make calls based solely on seeing a player fall to the ground without interrogating it first; especially for a high-stakes game like that. He's either incompetent or corrupt. An investigation is definitely needed here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Okay, I just checked it out now. The guy felt a hand on his back and decided to drop to the ground. The ref isn't supposed to make calls based solely on seeing a player fall to the ground without interrogating it first; especially for a high-stakes game like that. He's either incompetent or corrupt. An investigation is definitely needed here.
These Senegalese refs bro. Lol. Ive noticed in all my years watching football, they always seem dodgy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Imagine pple rejoicing that that Portugal lost just because of their hate for cr7.

Imagine wailing wailers crying,shaking and mourning when tomorrow never reach atleast for them to be alive to see Cape Verde win us so that they will jump to the streets with their harp and other music instruments with their hit song ‘shebi I tell una’

Ndi ngbu

there are some people in this thread that want us to lose tomorrow and they know themselves. I wonder what they want to gain from it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
na fools dem be cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
kellycute:
there are some people in this thread that want us to lose tomorrow and they know themselves. I wonder what they want to gain from it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TMKsouth: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
IronGalaxy:
These Senegalese refs bro. Lol. Ive noticed in all my years watching football, they always seem dodgy.

Help me out here since I'm not a soccer fan - why have a West African ref in a game involving Ghana undecided. Is that standard procedure?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Help me out here since I'm not a soccer fan - why have a West African ref in a game involving Ghana undecided. Is that standard procedure?
That's another thing. The referee shouldn't be from the same region as Ghana in the same way there wont be a Botswana ref in our games. Everything nje from yesterday was dodgy. Its giving me brown envelope vibes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TMKsouth: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
IronGalaxy:
That's another thing. The referee shouldn't be from the same region as Ghana in the same way there wont be a Botswana ref in our games. Everything nje from yesterday was dodgy. Its giving me brown envelope vibes.

Definitely. I hear we've successfully appealed in the past so they should do it again, even if just to send warning signs for future games that SA is a no-go area for match fixing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Are we appealing?

you people should appeal, and if possible down to CAS

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JaceBlaze: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
IronGalaxy:
African football has dubious referees, particularly those from Senegal. We robbed in that Ghana game, that was no penalty.

And why did they pick a West African referee to officiate that match? It's obvious that the referee favoured his cousins.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Dude this is Africa football. This is not the first time soft penalty has been given to any African country and it won't be the last, let it go

Why will he let it go?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
kellycute:

that's bettors syndrome for you,

they keep having negative vibes. just so they can win huge odd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TMKsouth: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
do4luv14:

you people should appeal, and if possible down to CAS

The game is still trending in SA so I'm certain the authorities are reading the national mood, and will proceed from there.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
Blueelf:
Watching Senegal outplay and beat congo today had me sad at the state of our football

This Senegal team isn't much better than our team in terms of talent. Even if they are, it;s close

Yet, we can hardly pass and create clear cut chances. Because our coach doesn't know what he is doing

Yes, he doesn't know what to do. It is that simple. He is ike an outcast, left alone in the Evil forest and confused on what action(s) to take.

We will never go anywhere with Rohr except by a rare miracle.
when they struggled to draw Togo you people won’t see that one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ppogbae:
DRC could be disqualified as they made 4 substitutions at four different stoppage in the 2nd half.

Benin has appealed and a DQ could be imminent.
but I think the allowed substitution is 5
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
jihday:
when they struggled to draw Togo you people won’t see that one
to them super eagles is the worst team in the world now

Liberia finished bottom of the group but many here will tell u they re better than the group leaders super eagles cheesy cheesy

Even one was suggesting we consider hiring the coach of CAR and that of Liberia cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
seankafor:
go and sleep bro

We will win that match with a high margin
High margin you say?

I envy your confidence bro, what's the secret?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
to them super eagles is the worst team in the world now

Liberia finished bottom of the group but many here will tell u they re better than the group leaders super eagles cheesy cheesy

Even one was suggesting we consider hiring the coach of CAR and that of Liberia cheesy cheesy cheesy
see as people dey predict doom against capeverde same capeverde we beat at home with a second string team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
12large1:
Why are Nigerians scared of facing the best teams at the next round of WCQ. Often times, you hear statements like, “let’s avoid Algeria, Ghana” etc….. for me, I want us to face the best that Africa has to offer and prove that we have earned our qualifications and also deserve to challenge the best at the world stage. Some of you guys rather we face a weak team, qualify and embarrass ourselves at the world cup
Things don't work the way u r thinking right now.

Qualifiers and the tournaments proper like AFCON and WC r different.

Tournaments r played with a different mind set in a different set up.

People r afraid because our team do not inspire inspire confidence right now,because d team itself is low in confidence.
While in the tournament proper teams r always motivated.

And teams usally have enough time to prepare for tournaments than qualifiers.
Is more difficult to play weaker teams in qualifiers than d tournaments proper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Subzero047:
Interesting, very similar to Maduka Okoye's case
how is it similar?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
do4luv14:

that goal-line clearance,

VAR saw it
which match is this ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
jihday:
but I think the allowed substitution is 5

Yes 5, but you must effect the change only 3 times

(1) (2) (3) ... (11632) (11633) (11634) (11635) (11636) (11637) (11638) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jieta, trilacos, sojious, opes and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.