Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11964940 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11682) (11683) (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Keep it simple - The Philosophy of Xavi in a nutshell.

"I think he follows the same philosophy as Guardiola," Al Sadd's Guilherme Torres told ESPN. "Having possession and enjoying the game, but not just having possession. Sometimes you see teams with 80% possession, but only one shot on goal.

"[Xavi] likes to be aggressive, fight for the ball, play in the opponent's half and play with intelligence. He likes it when players are happy on the pitch -- I think the same way he was [as a player]. He likes to put a lot of pressure on opponents in their half. That's how he understands football."

Before the rise of Guardiola and Enrique, I have always believed a system that will have us playing aggressively, with high stamina and running will most suit us.

We have been blessed with runners with high stamina through time. Recently, Etebo, Ndidi, Ejuke, Chukwueze, Osimhen, Onyekuru, and a host of others.

We need a formula to play with, that will align with the best attributes of our players.

I believe the above philosophy closely matches it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
witorwitoutyou:

EH...MR MAN GO AND SLEEP AND STOP DISTURBING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR MEDIOCRE COMMENTS

LETS READ AUTHENTIC NEWS CONCERNING ROHRS DISMISSAL

you well so? dem put gun for y'all head force you to read my comment

Ogbeni abeg swerve left make ah see front

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
mkrest:

He might be but I prefer bringing in somone who selects his players based on merit, and thats one thing I don't trust local coaches to do
You're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Don't worry. I am coming. Allow me to land.

OK sir, but this your land, e get as e dey be ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Keep it simple - The Philosophy of Xavi in a nutshell.

"I think he follows the same philosophy as Guardiola," Al Sadd's Guilherme Torres told ESPN. "Having possession and enjoying the game, but not just having possession. Sometimes you see teams with 80% possession, but only one shot on goal.

"[Xavi] likes to be aggressive, fight for the ball, play in the opponent's half and play with intelligence. He likes it when players are happy on the pitch -- I think the same way he was [as a player]. He likes to put a lot of pressure on opponents in their half. That's how he understands football."

Before the rise of Guardiola and Enrique, I have always believed a system that will have us playing aggressively, with high stamina and running will most suit us.

We have been blessed with runners with high stamina through time. Recently, Etebo, Ndidi, Ejuke, Chukwueze, Osimhen, Onyekuru, and a host of others.

We need a formula to play with that will align with the best attributes of our players.

I believe the above philosophy closely matches it.

U need get your coaching badge lets see what u can bring to the table

Try set up a club football in your neighbourhood too if u can
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
humility33:

U need get your coaching badge lets see what u can bring to the table

Try set up a club football in your neighbourhood too if u can

Definitely will work on academy later. Really would do it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
do4luv14:

OK sir, but this your land, e get as e dey be ooo

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
witorwitoutyou:

LOOK AT THS IDIOT..WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE THREAD...YOU OUGHT TO BE BANNED FOR 600YEARS FROM THIS THREAD

Sacking Rhor is not the solution alone but making the right choices after sacking him.

We have talked about getting back to the drawing board. For once, we need to make the right steps.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
humility33:

Salisu is better than Rohr bro

The few matches he managed including the Home based afcon he did better than Rohr and his team tactics much better

wait wait wait.... which Salisu are you talking about

Dollar Salisu, abi Nairaland Salisu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
do4luv14:

wait wait wait.... which Salisu are you talking about

Dollar Salisu, abi Nairaland Salisu

Yes. Dollar Salisu is a far better tactician than Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I will like to start with Gary Neville. He definitely has the tactical brain but his problem was heart. Diego Simeone did well with Estudiantes but flopped woefully with River Plate. Getting the Barcelona of Argentina relegated. The problem with Neville is that he just could not handle the failure that cokes before winning. Not all coaches start well. Some coaches have ups and downs.

Simeone brushed off the failure of River Plate and today he is highly respected.

To Oliseh, he was frustrated out of the team. I believe he would have done well,if not the problems that came from NFF, not him.

When the NFF employs a white coach, they support him. When they employ a black coach, they frustrate him.

Either way, I will take a sound tactician ahead of a dull one anyday.
Simeone didn’t exactly fail with River, he won them the title in his first season.
The NFF gave Oliseh and Rohr the same level of support, in very simple terms Oliseh failed with the eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely will work on academy later. Really would do it.

Pls do sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
We thought though Buhari was alleged to be a dictator, ethnic bigot and religious fanatic, he will solve corruption and security if he comes in but today story never change.

Amunike should not be given chance to coach NIGERIA NATIONAL TEAM. He is corrupt, bias and an ......if you know you know.

As a matter of fact, Keshi destroyed our national team despite winning a AFCON by chance due to individual brilliance of Victor Moses and co.

He brought us backward with his bias selection and carpenter players.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
witorwitoutyou:

LOOK AT THS IDIOT..WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE THREAD...YOU OUGHT TO BE BANNED FOR 600YEARS FROM THIS THREAD
ahhhh shocked shocked shocked this one hot cry cry cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
An unnamed Nigerian bank has agreed to pay off Rohr's severance contractual clause.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Miller232: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigerian supporters foolish I swear una dey shout sackrohr as if ur national team good before if them bring Nigerian Man now that one go carry armband give iheanacho or osimhen team go scatter again the one wey that foolish oliseh do na him we take lose enyeama

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:
We thought though Buhari was a dictator, ethnic bigot and religious fanatic, he will solve corruption and security if he comes in but today story never change.

Amunike should not be given chance to coach NIGERIA NATIONAL TEAM. He is corrupt, bias and an ......if you know you know.

As a matter of fact, Keshi destroyed our national team despite winning a AFCON by chance due to individual brilliance of Victor Moses and co.

Let them give the job to someone who can bring the best out of these current crops.

Salisu Yusuf that was caught collecting dollars (corrupt) is presently with the national team so what's your excuse please.

If hiring Amuneke means we'll get back our fear factor please let the NFF hurrily hire him.

Keep your difference with Amuneke in your pocket. If he's the chosen one, so be it.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
Daninya33:
An unnamed Nigerian bank has agreed to pay off Rohr's severance contractual clause.

Very good but calamity awaits us if Amunike is given the mantle to lead the national team.

Disaster awaits us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Yes. Dollar Salisu is a far better tactician than Rohr.

it is finished, is it not same dollar Salisu that can't qualify our Chan chickens for Wi-Fi, or what?

chaiii Rohr don make am became Golden
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:
We thought though Buhari was a dictator, ethnic bigot and religious fanatic, he will solve corruption and security if he comes in but today story never change.

Everyone has a Past to forget. If Amuneke has the CV and he's ready, we should give him a Chance.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
"He wants his team to have the ball and training is based on rondos, possession and positional play -- it's pure 'Barca school,'" Santi Cazorla, who played under Xavi at Al Sadd, said. "He wants to defend with the ball. That's how we play each game and it is non-negotiable.

Very deep from Santi Carzola. Which explains a lot. As Xavi puts it, it is all about the Rondos. It is what is referred to as "Foo" on Nigerian streets. We naturally grew up playing it. It is part of us.

To achieve the philosophy, we need a coach that understands the system and can train it. We are not going out there to get Lopetegui or Moreno. Let face it we are not signing Bielsa or Favre.

I still insist, to achieve the right philosophy that suits us, Amunike is the man for the job. I hope in the coming months we get it right.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
nelszx:

Let them give the job to someone who can bring the best out of these current crops.

Salisu Yusuf that was caught collecting dollars (corrupt) is presently with the national team so what's your excuse please.

If hiring Amuneke means we'll get back our fear factor please let the NFF hurrily hire him.

Keep your difference with Amuneke in your pocket. If he's the chosen one, so be it.

Typical Nigerian mentality. Though he is corrupt, he will do the job well.

Who told you a corrupt man can do the job better when all he thinks about is his own personal benefit at the detriment of the Nation?

Once beaten twice wetin?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
do4luv14:

it is finished, is it not same dollar Salisu that can't qualify our Chan chickens for Wi-Fi, or what?

Salisu is tactically better. Why do you think Rhor quickly wanted him back into the coaching team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
jihday:
not true
i mean football wise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
do4luv14:

hmmmmm
i mean football wise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Oasis001:

Everyone has a Past to forget. If Amuneke has the CV and he's ready, we should give him a Chance.

As if Buhari didn’t have past to forget. Amunike was sacked due to allegations of corruption in all the places he went to coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Very good but calamity awaits us if Amunike is given mantle to lead the national team.

Disaster awaits us.

Buttress the salient point you raised Sir.

Most of the fans here believe Amunike is 9ja's Guardiola who would play beautiful football and bring back the fear factor of the good old days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Typical Nigerian mentality. Though he is corrupt, he will do the job well.

Who told you a corrupt man can do the job better when all he thinks about is his own personal benefit at the detriment of the Nation?

Once beaten twice wetin?

Who made him corrupt? You?

Let me give you an insight. In that article circulating there about the mother, people missed the picture.

The woman believed her son switching academy and signing with one close to Amunike will guarantee him a place in the team. She signed the papers and switched.

Despite that, Amunike dropped her son and she was crying blood. Amunike did not look at the financial benefit but dropped the boy because he did not meet his coaching criteria.

Keep that corruption talk. It is not true.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
do4luv14:

It was Imama that failed to qualify CHAN for the mundial.... Salisu qualified the team when he was incharge and won the silver medal the few times he managed the team.... they played an attractive football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
They should hire that coach that took Burkina to the finals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Who made him corrupt? You?

Let me give you an insight. In that article circulating there about the mother, people missed the picture.

The woman believed her son switching academy and signing with one close to Amunike will guarantee him a place in the team. She signed the papers and switched.

Despite that, Amunike dropped her son and she was crying blood. Amunike did not look at the financial benefit but dropped the boy because he did not meet his coaching criteria.

Keep that corruption talk. It is not true.

Why was he sacked in Tanzania?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Why was he sacked in Tanzania?

For Christ sake you are reading sentimental people with no facts.

They were bitter he dropped star players but a coach ready to grow drops star players.

Guardiola dropped the likes of Deco, Ronaldinho and a host of stars.

Today Enrique dropped the likes of Thiago and Isco. It is the game. They were too backward to understand it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11682) (11683) (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Diavolo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.