Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,777 members, 7,862,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11941270 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11683) (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) (11689) ... (16353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:
They should hire that coach that took Burkina to the finals.
Paul put?? Burkina was quiet good under the man. Bance and co were menace.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

For Christ sake you are reading sentimental people with no facts.

They were bitter he dropped star players but a coach ready to grow drops star players.

Guardiola dropped the likes of Deco, Ronaldinho and a host of stars.

Today Enrique dropped the likes of Thiago and Isco. It is the game. They were to backwards to understand it.

So you know better than those working with him?

Dude is corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Paul put?? Burkina was quiet good under the man.

One French guy. I have forgotten his name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
jihday:
Simeone didn’t exactly fail with River, he won them the title in his first season.
The NFF gave Oliseh and Rohr the same level of support, in very simple terms Oliseh failed with the eagles.

Do you believe that? NFF gave Oliseh the same terms as Rhor. You know it is impossible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

As if Buhari didn’t have past to forget. Amunike was sacked due allegations of corruption in all the places he went to coach.

Give Evidence(s)

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

So you know better than those working with him?

Dude is corrupt.

I asked, who made him corrupt? You?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

One French guy. I have forgotten his name.
I only know of paul put who Guided them to 2013 Finals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
elyte89:

Inyama ,no b only Philip trousier..na Philip skirt u go c..DT journeyman coach,abegi...if its not loew,renard,pitso, or amuneke/salisu(least) ,I no wan c
Low ko, high ni. You are definitely a dreamer, person wey no fit afford Toyota dey talk say. A Rolls Royce he wan buy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
Daninya33:

Buttress the salient point you raised Sir.

Most of the fans here believe Amunike is 9ja's Guardiola who would play beautiful football and bring back the fear factor of the good old days.

Which Guardiola? You will start seeing average players in the National team and they will tell you he is better than one Messi in PSG.

Very predictable dude.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Please, ask Kog4
Egbon could you kindly provide your own account sir then Kog45 can then corroborate. Thank you sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I asked, who made him corrupt? You?

Himself. Sefini
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Egbon could you kindly provide your own account sir then Kog45 can then corroborate. Thank you sir.

It was dropped here sometime ago. Baba Kog45 sabi pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
elyte89:

I tayya too o..aw can a newbie be one of d rebel leader in d team ..its not possible
Although Amuneke had an issue with Westerhoff about signing for a team in Europe. Westerhoff brokered a deal to move Amuneke from Zamalek to Duisburg in Germany but emma preferred Sporting Lisbon and he did sign for both teams. I think FiFA or UEFA had to intervene in that issue after the WC. Maybe that caused issues within the team, who knows?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Oasis001:

Give Evidence(s)

Are you winning me ni? Na open secret na. Google am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Very good but calamity awaits us if Amunike is given the mantle to lead the national team.

Disaster awaits us.
What type coach would u want nff to hire to replace rohr if u r been asked to suggest?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Which Guardiola? You will start seeing average players in the National team and they will tell you he is better than one Messi in PSG.

Very predictable dude.

I perfectly understand the point you raised sire.
Let's see what will unfold from now till December.

If Nigeria qualifies for Qatar 2022, it will be with our skin in our teeth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Daninya33:

I perfectly understand the point you raised sire.
Let's see what will unfold from now till December.

If Nigeria qualifies for Qatar 2022, it will be with our skin in our teeth.

A continent that is providing only 5 spot in 54 countries. Anyone that qualifies among those 5 will be with their skin in their teeth. History has shown that anytime Nigeria sacks a coach in a World Cup year, it ends up in abysmal failure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Very predictable dude.

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
12large1:

A continent that is providing only 5 spot in 54 countries. Anyone that qualifies among those 5 will be with their skin in their teeth. History has shown that anytime Nigeria sacks a coach in a World Cup year, it ends up in abysmal failure
grin grin grin we have pep amunike guardiola according to our in house coach appointees grin grin grin I hope rorh will be gone then we see history repeats it self since we have failed to learn that it has never ended well for us sacking coaches few months to tournaments wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin we have pep amunike guardiola according to our in house coach appointees grin grin grin I hope rorh will be gone then we see history repeats it self since we have failed to learn that it has never ended well for us sacking coaches few months to tournaments wink

This discussion is with respect to tactics, approach and understanding of the game.

Amunike understands it, knows the ideas and can coach it.

There are other factors that goes with the success but with respect to tactics, Amunike is up there with them.

Finito.

Note, Celina and Xavi have been coached by Guardiola and were not equating Tito and Potter to Guardiola but talking about the coaching methods and tactical approach.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

This discussion is with respect to tactics, approach and understanding of the game.

Amunike understands it, knows the ideas and can coach it.

There are other factors that goes with the success but with respect to tactics, Amunike is up there with them.

Finito.

Note, Celina and Xavi have been coached by Guardiola and were not equating Tito and Potter to Guardiola but talking about the coaching methods and tactical approach.
grin grin grin I wish you well in all this things you said and also Post like I said I wish Rorh will be gone and your amunike assume the post with no international break's to play friendly matches cheesy all road lead's to afcon then he trains with the team for about two weeks to the tournament wink and I guess you know he will be giving Same tasks as the previous coach and if he fails which to me is about 70% sure grin I will be here to hear your excuses wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Amunike coached Osimhen and Chuks to win the world cup in 2015. Can he do it again at the senior level seven years later?

Well, I don't think he will win, but I am confident he will do better than what we have currently, and for me, that is enough.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin I wish you well in all this things you said and also Post like I said I wish Rorh will be gone and your amunike assume the post with no international break's to play friendly matches cheesy all road lead's to afcon then he trains with the team for about two weeks to the tournament wink and I guess you know he will be giving Same tasks as the previous coach and if he fails which to me is about 70% sure grin I will be here to hear your excuses wink

You are not speaking out of facts but your wish for a coach to fail. Why not just wish and pray for the best of the team. Whether Rhor or Amunike is coaching.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2021

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You are not speaking out of facts but your wish for a coach to fail. Why not just wish and pray for the best of the team. Whether Rhor or Amunike is coaching.
grin grin grin well I guess it was my wishes that made lagerback failed also and at France 98 it was my wishes also undecided undecided undecided me and you know amunike know matter how good he his this isn't the right time for him to take the job because nff are never forgiven to our local coaches and will mount More pressure on him from the very first day he takes the job wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Don't mind him

Any reasonable coach should be able to take the super eagles to semis in afcon with the way super eagles play we can't even go pass quarter final stage at afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:

I want Rhor out because I see he can not get us to play well. Playing well I believe it the most important recipe for footballing success. I want Amunike in because I believe he will get us to play better.

That is just it. I believe we will get our fear factor back playing with a better offensive strategy.

A good example is choice of players. If you build your game on offensive play, you will select players based a lot on their offensive contributions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I want Rhor out because I see he can not get us to play well. Playing well I believe it the most important recipe for footballing success. I want Amunike in because I believe he will get us to play better.

That is just it. I believe we will get our fear factor back playing with a better offensive strategy.

A good example is choice of players. If you build your game on offensive play, you will select players based a lot on their offensive contributions.
I have never advocate for rorh to stay either I don't want amunike to take the job at the wrong time wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin well I guess it was my wishes that made lagerback failed also and at France 98 it was my wishes also undecided undecided undecided me and you know amunike know matter how good he his this isn't the right time for him to take the job because nff are never forgiven to our local coaches and will mount More pressure on him from the very first day he takes the job wink

If Amunike takes over, I expect the pressure. I believe so much in playing well. As long as you play well, you can surmount a lot of challenges.

The only thing I want for him is to be very vocal about pitch selection. He should select the pitch he wants for the national team and insist on its maintenance. No matter what, that is non negotiable. Good pitch selection and maintenance.

The rest will work out with time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
12large1:

There is no rationality in your assumptions

Simply set of premises that cant be proven

We can as well keep rohr and miss qualify via play offs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
I have never advocate for rorh to stay either I don't want amunike to take the job at the wrong time wink

When is the best time? The best time is always now. We need to start getting it right from today. No other time is better than now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

When is the best time? The best time is always now. We need to start getting it right from today. No other time is better than now.
local coaches getting national team job is always a trap and our nff are always there waiting for a little thing to capitalize on and paint them not good enough and right now if amunike gets the job and doesn't win the nations cup I don't think he will get a chance to even play the Play offs, amokachi said it on his program with brila FM that as soon as they finished the group stages off the 2013 afcon they got a call that keshi sack was imminent and the only thing that saved him was him bringing home the tittle wink are you 100% sure amunike can cope with such pressure smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11683) (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) (11689) ... (16353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dannyxy(m), TheSuperNerd(m), charlesemeka85(m), Philosopher1979, Ppogbae, Subzerooo, komekn(m), enlady(f), naptu2 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.