Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648566 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11726) (11727) (11728) (11729) (11730) (11731) (11732) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
fabyom:
Jose reinventing the number 10 position at Roma with Mikhi!

If I hear

Milkhi wey fit go play from the flanks for another game ,because e don play as winger wella this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Isahalbash:

Nah you confuse pass. Make i dey use your beat for you.
of what use is your argument if you can't prove the person you prefer isn't better than the one you are trying so hard to paint black cheesy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
fabyom:
Jose reinventing the number 10 position at Roma with Mikhi!

Tell us about it..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
cromz:
I want NFF to hire Andre villa Boas
Can the NFF pay him at least $15,000/month grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
chrisooblog:
Very bad if it turns out to be true. Almost think they should be dropped from the AFCON as punishment but let the new manager whoever it is decide
Baba u no dey sample? Dat exercise dey reduce tension which helps to stay focused. Awaziem was our best defender that day.
Excess weight around the pelvic area gets shed, so the players can move faster and the muscles around the thigh area and back gets very well exercised. All in all, the enzymes that the exercise produces is second to none, brings happiness and satisfaction, and as we al l know, a satisfied and happy mind does wonders grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
safarigirl:
I do not care about how corrupt or biased Amuneke is, as long as he is effective in his role and everyone that plays on that pitch plays delightfully and we win games like we saw in the U-17 World Cup.

That is how some people accused Keshi of corruption and he was vilified for leading a Mafia while he was a player, yet, he remains one of our best coaches, if not the best coach we have had in this 21st century.

Every coach has their bias, it is normal, irrespective of who they are. We just need their bias to be favourable to the team. Look at Rohr punishing us with Ighalo, Shehu and Musa, no be bias be that? Does it help the team though? Useless bias.
Kudos

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
PDPGuy:

Can the NFF pay him at least $15,000/month grin

They currently pay Rohr more

Or do you mean $150k?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
lovewins:

They currently pay Rohr more

Or do you mean $150k?

Sir, forget their propaganda. NFF no get money to pay any coach $5k/month, let alone $15k or $20k.

Is it not the same NFF that is almost always perpetually broke cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
At least when rorh is sacked the wailing on this thread will be reduced for the next 6 months cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
of what use is your argument if you can't prove the person you prefer isn't better than the one you are trying so hard to paint black cheesy grin grin

I'm not here to prove anyone is better. You rejecting someone and going for something similar is a No for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Isahalbash:

I'm not here to prove anyone is better. You rejecting someone and going for something similar is a No for me.
grin grin grin grin you are a clown for putting pizzi and a baby coach Krstajić in Same sentence or calling them similar dey aren't even mate and I put it to you our own amunike is a better manager than Krstajić wink go bring your fact to prove me wrong grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
MetalJigsaw:
Why Nigeria Should Appoint Ole Gunnar Solskjaer As Super Eagles Coach
News Hub Creator

And as it stands, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been dismissed by Manchester United due to his inability to progress with the squad. This happened after the Norwegian secured another poor result in the club's league match against Watford.

Image credit: google

Besides that, the defeat against Liverpool worsened the situation for Solskjaer, followed by another loss against Manchester City. However, it appears that the club finally decided to explore other options as it has parted ways with the under-fire coach.

But despite his dismissal, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains a good manager and will also be a good option for Nigeria's Super Eagles. Sources have it that Gernot Rohr will be leaving the team soon, and if that happens, there are decent reasons why Nigeria should appoint Solskjaer as Eagles coach.

1. He has experienced modern tactics

One of the things that Super Eagles seem to lack in their game is good modern tactics, which are possed mostly by managers who have had huge experience in modern European football and leagues. As Solskjaer has worked with a big English club and has played against other top teams in Europe, he will surely introduce good tactics to the Eagles' squad if Nigeria appoints him.

2. Solskjaer has valuable experience with world-class attackers

Nigeria's attack has also struggled in the area of scoring goals and creating good chances. But interestingly, Ole's experience with forwards like Ronaldo and Cavani will help him to guide Osimhen and Iheanacho and also perfect their decision-making. His tactics will likely make Nigeria play like big European national teams if he is appointed as Super Eagles Coach.

3. He will be eager to bounce back

If Nigeria appoints Solskjaer as Eagles' manager, he will be hoping to put his woes behind and bounce back in the fast-approaching tournaments that Nigeria is to play in. This will be highly profitable for the Nigerian team.

You really need to stop posting stuffs from opera news...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
Isahalbash:

what you are trying to make something out of nothing is on the front page of nairaland go read about Krstajić to see how clownish you are with your argument wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
Danielnino00:

You really need to stop posting stuffs from opera news...
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Baba u no dey sample? Dat exercise dey reduce tension which helps to stay focused. Awaziem was our best defender that day.
Excess weight around the pelvic area gets shed, so the players can move faster and the muscles around the thigh area and back gets very well exercised. All in all, the enzymes that the exercise produces is second to none, brings happiness and satisfaction, and as we al l know, a satisfied and happy mind does wonders grin grin
sey that's why Iheanacho was scoring goals like no man's business against Cape Verde. Awaziem too was just giving defensive master class up and down tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
jihday:
Mourinho promised to buy him a shoe of 800€ if he scores, after scoring he went to remind him of his promise

No way! Explains why Mourinho was avoiding him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

you funny bro na serious matter o grin grin grin Dem go bring the one wey go paralyze the pelvic area before an important game cheesy grin grin one day if Dey no caution Dem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
See them calling names of celebrated Managers,
Van gaal, Guus hindink, villas boas, one even mentioned Joachim Low ..

As if these European Managers will stoop so low to take a job of the most corrupt FA, one of the most corrupt countries and a lowly rated country.

99% of members on this thread are clowns, beer parlour.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin they can't afford to pay him off fully bro and the incoming manager can't start with being owed salaries as a result of nff being broke so thier only option is to pay him off instalmentaly wink

The arrangement is nothing new. A lot of football clubs do it. You keep paying the coach his regular wages until he finds a new job or when his contract elapses, whichever comes first.

I remember Tottenham did it with Pochetino when they sacked him. He was still getting paid until he got a new job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's a matter of time before these jokers start mentioning Josef Guardiola, Jurgen klopp, Zidane , Conte.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
timay:

The arrangement is nothing new. A lot of football clubs do it. You keep paying the coach his regular wages until he finds a new job or when his contract elapses, whichever comes first.

I remember Tottenham did it with Pochetino when they sacked him. He was still getting paid until he got a new job
yeah that's right bro they did same with Mourinho and currently nuno wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
chrisooblog:
sey that's why Iheanacho was scoring goals like no man's business against Cape Verde. Awaziem too was just giving defensive master class up and down tongue
Awaziem was our best defender in that game and Iheanacho only came in as a 2nd half substitute.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
what you are trying to make something out of nothing is on the front page of nairaland go read about Krstajić to see how clownish you are with your argument wink

Aside not having a convincing CV, the guy name self is somehow... All these eastern European names....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
Danielnino00:

Aside not having a convincing CV, the guy name self is somehow... All these eastern European names....
equal to a confuse name for confused nff grin grin grin because it isn't our wish to get an ole version 2.0 grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
FIFApresident1:

As if these European Managers will stoop so low to take a job of the most corrupt FA, one of the most corrupt countries and a lowly rated country.

99% of members on these thread are clowns, beer parlour.
no be small bro cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
This Made me laugh so hard grin cheesy cheesy because papa rorh no do pass this one wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dennis make Alan shearer team of the week

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Personally , I don't want any gaddem whitey! I want a black coach , who is tactically sound....i don't care where they come from.....be it Ghanaian , Ivorian , Portuguese , Brazil or Nigeria. What's the obsession with white coaches. I would even hire Patrick Vieri , if he is not engaged. I don't see any black man coaching a white country..or , don't we have intelligent black coaches ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
FIFApresident1:

99% of members on this thread are clowns, beer parlour.
I tell u grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:01am On Nov 23, 2021
Omanambala:
Personally , I don't want any gaddem whitey! I want a black coach , who is tactically sound....i don't care where they come from.....be it Ghanaian , Ivorian , Portuguese , Brazil or Nigeria. What's the obsession with white coaches. I would even hire Patrick Vieri , if he is not engaged. I don't see any black man coaching a white country..or , don't we have intelligent black coaches ?

Our best bet for now is either Salisu Yusuf or Emmanuel Ammunike.
We need a coach that has been part of the system for sometime and understands the players and their mentality
and has fresh ideas.
We dont have the money for a foreign coach and it will take him time to understand our players.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 5:51am On Nov 23, 2021
Sports Minister Hopeful
For Super Eagles’ Success
At AFCON 2021, Wants
More Local Content For
Nigerian Football

22 November 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Youth and Sports Development Minister Sunday
Dare is hopeful the Super Eagles can do well in
Cameroon and possibly win their fourth (4th)
Africa Cup of Nations title next year.
Nigeria finished in third (3rd) place at the last
edition of the tournament in Egypt two years ago
and the Minister believes they can go two notches
higher when next year’s event gets underway in
January 2022.

“I have created the mental picture of this golden
(AFCON) trophy in my head and I will use it as a
prayer point every morning,” Dare told journalists
and officials of TotalEnergies, AFCON sponsors, at
the press conference to herald the three day
trophy tour of Lagos, Nigeria on Monday.
The Minister said Nigeria is the country with the
most podium finishes in the history of the
competition, winning a medal fifteen(15) times
out of eighteen(18) appearances.

The Super Eagles have won the tournament thrice,
finished as runners up (silver medalists) four
times and won bronze eight (cool times.
Dare also insisted that the local content of
Nigerian football needs to improve if the country
wants to compete favourably at the global stage.
His words: “We have to do more for the local
ecosystem of our game. We have to be deliberate
with talent discovery, nurturing of the talents
discovered and managing them to get to the top
of the ladder in their careers and stay there till
they retire.
“We have countless examples of how we got this
system working in the past. We must do it again.
There must be consistent focus on the grassroots,
school sports, provision of facilities, equipment
and training gears. Competitions organized will
also toughen and sharpen the talents.
“Look at Henry Nwosu, the sixteen year old school
boy that made the Green Eagles squad to the
1980 AFCON.
“Look also at ‘chairman’ Christian Chukwu, Kadiri
Ikhana who became accomplished coaches after
their 1980 exploits.
“We can also speak about Stephen Keshi(of
blessed memory) and what he achieved as a
coach and a player, others like Austin Eguavoen,
Samson Siasia and Sunday Oliseh have all
coached the Super Eagles and made their marks
on the game.
“Clearly we have enough talents here, we just need
to put in the hardwork to discover them.
“Let our former football stars and sports icons
who have done Nigeria proud and who understand
the DNA of Nigerian football be given the
opportunity to help build a team. From the history
of Nigeria’s performance at the AFCON, we have
seen the impactful roles of indigenous handlers
and former stars.”
The Sports Minister then commended the
Confederation of African Football (CAF) for
organizing a competition for schools sponsored
by the foundation of the CAF president Dr Patrice
Motsepe, while congratulating them for the
successful organization of the just concluded CAF
Champions League competition for women
football clubs.

this one that sport minister is calling Home based context, UNAH SURE SAY NO BE LOCAL COACH THEN GO APPOINTMENT SO?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2021
Keep it simple - The Philosophy of Xavi in a nutshell.

"I think he follows the same philosophy as Guardiola," Al Sadd's Guilherme Torres told ESPN. "Having possession and enjoying the game, but not just having possession. Sometimes you see teams with 80% possession, but only one shot on goal.

"[Xavi] likes to be aggressive, fight for the ball, play in the opponent's half and play with intelligence. He likes it when players are happy on the pitch -- I think the same way he was [as a player]. He likes to put a lot of pressure on opponents in their half. That's how he understands football."

I am seeing people throwing names from Moldovia to Uzbekistan. Some names I can't pronounce as choice candidate to coach Super Eagles.

Look at the above philosophy. That is exactly the way I believe we will excel as a team.

We need a coach who understands and can put that template to work. So all these names can't guarantee that

Amunike understands and has played the template. That makes him best to do it.

Also we need to keep in mind that we need thorough scouting home and abroad to find gems that will improve the team.

Amunike has the history of spotting fantastic talents and this is another reason why he should get the job.

If your Kazakhstan and Estonia coaches can not fit in the above, it is a waste of time and money signing them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11726) (11727) (11728) (11729) (11730) (11731) (11732) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m), Odunayaw(m), Christinu2, Oasis007(m), chuks404 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.