Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645382 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11727) (11728) (11729) (11730) (11731) (11732) (11733) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:23am On Nov 23, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Our best bet for now is either Salisu Yusuf or Emmanuel Ammunike.
We need a coach that has been part of the system for sometime and understands the players and their mentality
and has fresh ideas.
We dont have the money for a foreign coach and it will take him time to understand our players.
At this point we should be more concerned about hiring someone competent enough in our financial range than skin colour and pride. Removing national bias, there's nothing to indicate that Ammunike and Salisu are even better than Rohr. A good coach is all we need if we are serious, white or black.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Keep it simple - The Philosophy of Xavi in a nutshell.

"I think he follows the same philosophy as Guardiola," Al Sadd's Guilherme Torres told ESPN. "Having possession and enjoying the game, but not just having possession. Sometimes you see teams with 80% possession, but only one shot on goal.

"[Xavi] likes to be aggressive, fight for the ball, play in the opponent's half and play with intelligence. He likes it when players are happy on the pitch -- I think the same way he was [as a player]. He likes to put a lot of pressure on opponents in their half. That's how he understands football."

I am seeing people throwing names from Moldovia to Uzbekistan. Some names I can't pronounce as choice candidate to coach Super Eagles.

Look at the above philosophy. That is exactly the way I believe we will excel as a team.

We need a coach who understands and can put that template to work. So all these names can't guarantee that

Amunike understands and has played the template. That makes him best to do it.

Also we need to keep in mind that we need thorough scouting home and abroad to find gems that will improve the team.

Amunike has the history of spotting fantastic talents and this is another reason why he should get the job.

If you Kazakhstan and Estonia coaches can not fit in the above, it is a waste of time and money signing them.

Why is Barcelona not the most successful club in the world with their tiki taka?

Since, Real Madrid is the most successful club in the world, suffice to say we can adopt their philosophy through Mutui Adepoju that passed through their academy.

What do you think about it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Why is Barcelona the most successful club in the world with their tiki taka?

Since, Real Madrid is the most successful club in the world, suffice to say we can adopt their philosophy through Mutui Adepoju that passed through their academy.

Barcelona might not be as successful as Real Madrid but they have done fantastically well.

Note that I am not saying copy Barcelona because they are successful but because I believe the style will suit us. So are you saying we should follow Real Madrid because their style will suit us?

Now you, break down the style of Real Madrid that you want us to follow.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

When you bring up Adepoju, are you being real to yourself or do you just want to argue?

I clearly pointed at Amunike's scouting history, do you have a list of players Adepoju has scouted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

This comment is irrelevant and baseless. Totally off tangent and you are doing it not out of a clear passion to debate a point. You are doing this out of a clear irrelevant bias. This I find disturbing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2021
Kog45:
This news is coming from a veteran and respected journalist Osasu Obayunwana...Omeruo,Iheanacho and Awaziem were involved...this just remind me of what happened during Afcon 2004 involving Yakubu,Babayaro and Agali having sex party and they were sent home from the camp.

If it's true then they should be suspended indefinitely to serve as a lesson to others...meaning Rohr has lost total control of the team.

The night before a crucial match and they are organizing sex parties. Nacho is a clown. To think we changed our entire formation just to fit this clown in the lineup.

We do not need this joker. He is not needed. Full stop.
Let us give serious players a chance.

And that Omeruo, just using these callups so he can go and party.. What is this useless second division defender doing in our team anyways?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2021
I have hinted before. One thing I know through time that has been our strength is the ability of our players to run at a fast rate for a long time.

From the likes of Amunike, Finidi, Taribo, Jero Shakpoke, Eguavoen, Iroha, Tijani Babangida, Mobi Oparakwu, Aghahowa, Pius Ikedia, Victor Ikpeba, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Babayaro and a host of others.

In the near past, we had Nsofor, Osaze, Ike Uche, Martins Obafemi, Onazi, Ambrose, Echiejile, Okoronkwo, Obasi etc.

Today you can see Chidera Ejuke, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Sanusi, Aina, Ebuehi etc.

This remains our critical attribute. Which means, we have to play a system that will utilize our stamina. That is the high press. This is key to the Catalan/La Masia philosophy.

Another key attribute is keeping possession by passing. What this does is develop the basics of the players. We have had a history of failing in the basics of passing to keep the ball. Training with this system will enable that.

Cutting the risk of getting scored is another feature of this system. If we keep possession high up the pitch in the opponent's half, we cut the chance of conceding meaningless goals.

Finally, this system demands concentration and will help in the tactical development of our players.

So that is why I hammer on it and Amunike is well versed in it. Going for another coach based on sentimental reasons will only keep us from progressing and making use of this great set of players God gave us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Joezinho:

The night before a crucial match and they are organizing sex parties. Nacho is a clown. To think we changed our entire formation just to fit this clown in the lineup.

We do not need this joker. He is not needed. Full stop.
Let us give serious players a chance.

And that Omeruo, just using these callups so he can go and party.. What is this useless second division defender doing in our team anyways?

The fact Omeruo is even married makes it more irritating. Irresponsibility and no way those guys should not have left the camp even if they were a mixture of Maradona, Pele, and Ronaldinho.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:53am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The fact Omeruo is even married makes it more irritating. Irresponsibility and no way those guys should not have left the camp even if they were a mixture of Maradona, Pele, and Ronaldinho.

It's just sad and he's one of the senior members of the squad. He should be leading by example.. I think this should be the end of his SE career.

First off we don't need 5 central defenders in a squad and Ajayi offers more versatility.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

"I think he follows the same philosophy as Guardiola," Al Sadd's Guilherme Torres told ESPN. "Having possession and enjoying the game, but not just having possession. Sometimes you see teams with 80% possession, but only one shot on goal.

"[Xavi] likes to be aggressive, fight for the ball, play in the opponent's half and play with intelligence. He likes it when players are happy on the pitch -- I think the same way he was [as a player]. He likes to put a lot of pressure on opponents in their half. That's how he understands football."

I am seeing people throwing names from Moldovia to Uzbekistan. Some names I can't pronounce as choice candidate to coach Super Eagles.

Look at the above philosophy. That is exactly the way I believe we will excel as a team.

We need a coach who understands and can put that template to work. So all these names can't guarantee that

Also we need to keep in mind that we need thorough scouting home and abroad to find gems that will improve the team.

Amunike has the history of spotting fantastic talents and this is another reason why he should get the job.

If your Kazakhstan and Estonia coaches can not fit in the above, it is a waste of time and money signing them.

In as much as I will want Amunike to get the job too I think You need to tune down your voice a little bit, the praises is becoming an exaggeration for Me.
Lastly.. if You have your way to Amunike tell Him to apply.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2021
Tessyy1701:

In as much as I will want Amunike to get the job too I think You need to tune down your voice a little bit, the praises is becoming an exaggeration for Me.
Lastly.. if You have your way to Amunike tell Him to apply.

Where did I praise him? I highlighted the qualities that make him right for the job. I did not praise him. Let alone praising him too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2021
jihday:
Mourinho promised to buy him a shoe of 800€ if he scores, after scoring he went to remind him of his promise

Wow this comment was true after all, and I was joking about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Barcelona might not be as successful as Real Madrid but they have done fantastically well.

Note that I am not saying copy Barcelona because they are successful but because I believe the style will suit us. So are you saying we should follow Real Madrid because their style will suit us?

When did tiki taka start in Barcelona?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

If your Kazakhstan and Estonia coaches can not fit in the above, it is a waste of time and money signing them.

As per local options, I prefer Amuneke

But

This same Amuneke you are canvassing for and promoting could not translate this playing philosophy and template to our U-20 and the Tanzania National team.

I am not sold on Amuneke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2021
semid4lyfe:

As per local options, I prefer Amuneke

But

This same Amuneke you are canvassing for and promoting could not translate this playing philosophy and template to our U-20 and the Tanzania National team.

I am not sold on Amuneke

Are you sure about the U20? Amunike did that with that team to perfection. They played over 50 matches and only lost one. Winning almost all. So you are wrong there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

When did tiki taka start in Barcelona?

Where did I say it started at Barcelona? You just asked an irrelevant question.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Where did I praise him? I highlighted the qualities that make him right for the job. I did not praise him. Let alone praising him too much.

Maybe I should say, You calling for His appointment everytime then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2021
Tessyy1701:

Maybe I should say, You calling for His appointment everytime then

Amunike is my only choice. So if I am to make a statement regarding who to appoint, I will only highlight why he should be the one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2021
The NFF has denied the sex party allegations, and are going to take "legal action" against the media house pushing the story....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2021
Danielnino00:
The NFF has denied the sex party allegations, and are going to take "legal action" against the media house pushing the story....

It sounded ridiculous to me from the get go. The way everyone here just swallowed it without giving the players the benefit of the doubt surprised me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

Source: Danielnino news blog. Okay.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You talk up tiki taka and possession game championing Amuneke, when as a matter of factly the number 1 tiki taka coach Nigeria is Abdul Maikaba.
He calls his philosophy "Reiteni a passa". Maikaba is the only Nigerian coach who has a website where he explains his passing philosophy with no compromise on retaining possession and passing in triangles.

Amuneke's Tanzania played anything but tiki taka during his stint there.

http://www.sportflames.com/2021/08/npfl21-update-abdul-maikaba-launches.html?m=1

www.theabdulmaikaba.com

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2021
Stats

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Where did I say it started at Barcelona? You just asked an irrelevant question.

Meaning tiki taka doesn’t guarantee success and it’s not the only way to success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So, we should just play tiki taka even if we don’t win trophies.

Why was tiki taka invented if it was not for success?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

This comment is irrelevant and baseless. Totally off tangent and you are doing it not out of a clear passion to debate a point. You are doing this out of a clear irrelevant bias. This I find disturbing.

I just wanted you to know your tiki taka style of play has limits and has not made teams that adopted it the most successful in the world. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike is my only choice. So if I am to make a statement regarding who to appoint, I will only highlight why he should be the one.

He's My choice too.

But has He applied?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2021
Tessyy1701:

He's My choice too.

But has He applied?

Someone asked dis too earlier...he fit Neva apply like dt expecting NFF to approach him first like say him na guardiola

All amunike fans ,u guys shld tell.ur man to go and apply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2021
Tessyy1701:

He's My choice too.

But has He applied?

That is beyond our scope of debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

I just wanted you to know your tiki taka style of play has limits and has not made teams that adopted it the most successful in the world. grin

That was not the scope of the debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

So, we should just play tiki taka even if we don’t win trophies.

Why was tiki taka invented if it was not for success?

I wonder where you are going with this. The point is simple. Play a system that will get the best of our players. This will result in the team playing to its optimum capacity.

Titles come with good performances over time. What comes first is us playing better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Meaning tiki taka doesn’t guarantee success and it’s not the only way to success.

Are you saying Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City have not been successful over the years?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11727) (11728) (11729) (11730) (11731) (11732) (11733) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Amedino99(m), Badbunny and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.