Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11796058 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11783) (11784) (11785) (11786) (11787) (11788) (11789) ... (16204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Danielnino00:

Money is what's delaying the NFF from sacking him...

Money to pay him off and to hire a new coach...
The ministry of sports can bail them out, but that would mean they have to concur to the ministry's demand for a local coach...

Sports ministry that struggled at the Olympics with providing shikini money for kits required.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chukwueze sabi ball abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
victornoah:
Chukwueze sabi ball abeg.
dey get match today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesemeka85:
dey get match today?

Copa del Rey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chukweze average? My boy scores againnnnn!!!

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Blueelf:

Why do I feel like this guy is overrated somehow?

Aribo is the player with the highest potential in our squad. Osimhen was, but he is already showing his worth at the top level so you can't really call it potential again.

Aribo is so talented for someone who has played in backwater leagues all his life. Many players with less than half his talent have seen numeous opportunities to shine at the big stage, but the guy just seems to pass through the cracks. He has the touch only few players have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chukwueze scores to make it 5 GOALS for Villarreal.

2 goals in 2 games for Samu!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Danielnino00:

Money is what's delaying the NFF from sacking him...

Money to pay him off and to hire a new coach...
The ministry of sports can bail them out, but that would mean they have to concur to the ministry's demand for a local coach...

Me not concerned again

Let them leave Rohr hopefully we get to miss the world cup or do badly in afcon that will help us ease Rohr off and as well deny pinnick and co blindly signed that contract credibility and third term
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Danielnino00:
If we don't get an official confirmation of Rohr sacking this week, forget it... He will be leading us to AFCON.
It looks to me like the NFF will wait for him to fail at the AFCON so they can have a reason to terminate his contract without paying any of the compensation in the clause... Smart move...

And if he end up succeeding at the AFCON, it could most likely come as a result of an improvement in his coaching style....

The Rohr i know will never surprise me at all

A poor outing in afcon better kiss the world cup good bye..then you'll tell me how this NFF set rubbish our football

He is shameless he ought to have resigned by now since he is no longer wanted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
fabyom:
Chukweze average? My boy scores againnnnn!!!

What does the average question mean ?

All super eagles players are average apart from osimhen and ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The never ending argument about to start again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel '05 was something I never saw in football. He changed my understanding of the game. In that final I was screaming, "Maradona, have you seen how to play the number 10 role?" Keep in mind, Maradona is my best player ever but Mikel showed us a new dimension.

Imagine a player without a goal in open play was to win the best player of the competition. That alone showed how good Mikel was in that tournament.

Then Gbam two penalties. Man of the match, best player of the competition.

I said, Yekpa Alluminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_c8NX8vN4

It was because of Mikel I picked interest again in SE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Btw I disagree with you. Ekong, shehu, current musa are not average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So in your small mind you think Ronaldo is better at Messi at first ?

Ronaldo is not close to messi in anything ,Na una force the comparison and you guys already lost and in tears

Why didn’t you say they robbed Ribery then ?

You are the biggest hypocrite today

I repeat ,there was no time Ronaldo is better than Messi ,e get Wetin una no take insult Messi ?

Group of confused people

You go wail tire

Really!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Wilfred Indeed Ndidi!!!

Ndidi is the farthest from being SE captain, I think Balogun is next in line

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
forgiveness:

It was because of Mikel I picked interest again in SE.
mikel was something else as a youth player. Even his u17 set he was miles ahead skills and technique wise when compared to others then. His maturity, passes and skill set was way beyond his young age

After the u17 he had trials with United first team and immediately made sir Alex and ex reds captain keane a huge fan of the then lanky 16 yr old

Even keane took him on his wings as a mentor and fergie gave him a nick name ‘obi 1’

Reports had it that his trial time with United’s first team made many to doubt his age because as a 16 yr old he was too good and way too polished fresh out of Africa

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Subzero047:

Ndidi is the farthest from being SE captain, I think Balogun is next in line
ndidi stands a chance because balogun is likely to retire from the team soonest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis joined a select group of players to directly participate in ten goals within twelve Premier League games when he found the net for Watford in their 4-2 loss to Leicester City at the weekend.

The Nigeria international followed in the footsteps of Eric Cantona (11 games), Arjen Robben (11 games), Andrey Arshavin (10 games), Jurgen Klinsmann (12 games) and Bruno Fernandes (9 games) as the only players to reach this feat after their first 12 matches or fewer.

Watford boss Claudio Ranieri believes Dennis has high potential and still sees room for improvement for his number 25 given his age.

The former Club Brugge star has been rated as doubtful for the visit of Chelsea to Vicarage Road on Wednesday.

Asked for his opinion on the potential of Dennis, Ranieri said at today's pre-match press conference : "I think he's a young player and then I think he can improve a lot, a lot because sometimes he's too generous, he wants to do everything one hundred percent.

"Sometimes you have to slow down and think what is the best solution but I'm working with him and I'm very, very satisfied, and I'm sure he can improve".

Dennis has started four of the last six games played by Watford since Ranieri took over the reins at the Vic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chidera ejike wins Cska’s player of the month award

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Your world class Busquet, Shey him don ever carry this kind thing for him life cheesy cheesy

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesemeka85:
mikel was something else as a youth player. Even his u17 set he was miles ahead skills and technique wise when compared to others then. His maturity, passes and skill set was way beyond his young age

After the u17 he had trials with United first team and immediately made sir Alex and ex reds captain keane a huge fan of the then lanky 16 yr old

Even keane took him on his wings as a mentor and fergie gave him a nick name ‘obi 1’

Reports had it that his trial time with United’s first team made many to doubt his age because as a 16 yr old he was too good and way too polished fresh out of Africa

I didn’t get the opportunity to watch SE or anything that has to do with Nigeria national team after the 2002 World Cup till I heard about the fame of Mikel in 2005. Hence, didn’t watch him in U17.

It was the U20 finals, I got to watch him and I was impressed. From that day onward, I followed him till he retired at Chelsea as his fan and Chelsea’s fan.

However, was disappointed he didn’t play to his potential till he left Chelsea.

Oyinbo man don’t believe Africans can be a playmaker hence they convert them to DMF or winger.

We need to develop our league and African league at large. That’s when we can play our own style of football.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Chidera ejike wins Cska’s player of the month award

Them get another player grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesemeka85:
ndidi stands a chance because balogun is likely to retire from the team soonest.

Then another person takes over, Ndidi doesn't have a voice in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
Subzero047:

Them get another player grin

Na wa oh for the 3rd time already this season. Assuming everyone is fit, who will you pick on the LW.. ejuke, lookman or Dennis?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
forgiveness:

I didn’t get the opportunity to watch SE or anything that has to do with Nigeria national team after the 2002 World Cup till I heard about the fame of Mikel in 2005. Hence, didn’t watch him in U17.

It was the U20 finals, I got to watch him and I was impressed. From that day onward, I followed him till he retired at Chelsea as his fan and Chelsea’s fan.

However, was disappointed he was didn’t play to his potential till he left Chelsea.

Oyinbo man don’t believe Africans can be a playmaker hence they convert them to DMF or winger.

We need to develop our league and African league at large. That’s when we can play our own style of football.

We also needs a coach that believes in and loves Africans. Rohr does not believe in us. The issue is westerhoof believed in and loved Nigeria and Africa.
This is why rohr does not think awoniyi, desserts, okereke, chidera ejuke etc can break down any defense in the world but us instead looking for defenders and drawing with cape verde.
Rohr does not understand the Nigerian society and foot culture. He does not see our latent explosivity in the last third of the pitch which is something westerhoof could see within weeks of been in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
Subzero047:

Then another person takes over, Ndidi doesn't have a voice in the team
Mikel is way more reserved than Ndidi yet Mikel was captain.

I have seen Ndidi charge his team as a leader, especially against Benin Republic and I won't 4get how he calmed down Basco's homeboy Anayo on his debut.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
forgiveness:

I didn’t get the opportunity to watch SE or anything that has to do with Nigeria national team after the 2002 World Cup till I heard about the fame of Mikel in 2005. Hence, didn’t loopwatch him in U17.

However, was disappointed he was didn’t play to his potential till he left Chelsea.

Very well said, Mikel was a gem and that Mourinho didn't help him develop honestly to be the best Mikel we could have seen. With what he showed at the U17 and U21 he should have been competing for world's best at some point. Mourinho so limited him that on one of the rare occasions that Mikel scored, Mourinho made it seem like an unimaginable feat. And Mikel too by his nature, looks like someone wey no like wahala, he would follow the coach's instructions to the letter.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Oh, may his soul RIP, u honestly didn't know? We lost some of our best local coaches to the cold hands of death in recent years, Keshi, Amodu and also Musa Abdullahi.

Meanwhile where is Fanny Amun now and what's he doing? I used to enjoy hearing him talk.

We also lost Kashimawo Laloko the man who developed Mikel the man who found Mikel this year. That is Pepsi Football Academy founder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Philosopher1979:

We also needs a coach that believes in and loves Africans. Rohr does not believe in us. The issue is westerhoof believed in and loved Nigeria and Africa.
This is why rohr does not think awoniyi, desserts, okereke, chidera ejuke etc can break down any defense in the world but us instead looking for defenders and drawing with cape verde.
Rohr does not understand the Nigerian society and foot culture. He does not see our latent explosivity in the last third of the pitch which is something westerhoof could see within weeks of been in Nigeria

I agree Rohr doesn’t understand our football but I no wan see Amunike for the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
yinkeys:

Also not true of Eden Hazard
I see
Different clubs, different football philosophy
Why do slightly above players (Sanchez for example) shine in Arsenal but become trash in others(Man U)
They play to coaches instructions rather than to the teams or players strengths
@andrewbaba44
There’s a good reason Leicester won FA cup last season.

I thought we all agreed that when players perform below expectation, it means the league is above the player in question.

As for James, he had 2 good seasons at real Madrid. He was given opportunity to try elsewhere at Bayern but came back to Madrid after 2years. He went to Everton but was inconsistent. The fault is from James not the coaches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11783) (11784) (11785) (11786) (11787) (11788) (11789) ... (16204) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onyeomaonyeoma(m), elyte89, paulos8, Kog45(m), BascoVanVeli(m), do4luv14(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.