Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11749882 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) (11784) (11785) (11786) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
All of a sudden these people want to talk about stats. Nobody had better stats than Messi in 2018 but he came 5th.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
u know know say Messi put kpon kpon for head carry them before. Na Di maria I blame sha

Di Maria never gets his accolades. Chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
You dey mind them before it was 'he doesn't need an international trophy to validate his greatness' After winning Copa Aisha Buhari Cup there are now saying 'you see we told you he was great' cheesy yeye people

daveP:

How is the WC irrelevant to Messi pls?

He lost and cried on loosing a final and you, his fan, says its irrelevant??
grin

This was how Messi fans said copa is roadside trophy and that messi doesnt need it. Now that's the same trophy many are saying France Football used to edge out Lewandoski. Haba!!

Funny thing is Messi doesn't feel any Trophy is irrelevant. Check even copa del Rey celebration. My crux is they had to scatter Copa America calendar to increase the chances of messi winning it.

Again. Balon d'Or wasnt open to non Europeans in Maradona days,abi?

I bet you,since it was more clinical then than now, Mara would have won 9. I lie? Even some African stars asides George Weah would have won it too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
SerVik:

So maybe the 2010 ballon d'or should have been given to milito instead? Cos he performed better than sneijder at club level but did f.uck all at the world cup, just like Ronaldo.

You can't give Milito because he did not do well at the World cup.

It was clearly Sneijder. He did well at both. League winning treble and an amazing world cup.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:

I'll focus on the copa allegation by Messi fans. Andrew, that was the chant of hundreds of thousands of Barca and messi fans. That he doesn't need Copa America. That's a fact. It was never hidden for over three editions o.

I can't deny that. Maybe you didn't notice. Youtube clip interviews dey sef.

Me that wanted Mo Salah Ahead of Cr7 sef. But i saw 7th. That's the more reason this award is now crap to me.

Buhahahahaha,tears everywhere

When Messi failed to win the World Cup you guys insulted him for years as if your Ronaldo have ever played in a World Cup finals

Yes Messi doesn’t need a copa America before you know he is the greatest ,you saw how he narrowly lost the World Cup and lost out at 2 copa finals on Pk

But Messi had to work so hard to win the copa just because of criticism from people like you ,but yet you are not satisfied

You guys didn’t regard the Olympics just because Messi has won it ,una no Dey shame ?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
COVID-19 disrupted football too much in 2020, I think some leagues were not even completed ,even the French league ended at 27 games or so

Lewandowski was last year ballon d or winner ,it wasn’t any player or fan fault that the ballon d or award didn’t take place

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You can't give Milito because he did not do well at the World cup.

It was clearly Sneijder. He did well at both. League winning treble and an amazing world cup.

Finito.
So why do you want us to give 2018 to a player who got booted out at the R16? As opposed to a finalist and golden ball winner?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
SerVik:

So why do you want us to give 2018 to a player who got booted out at the R16? As opposed to a finalist and golden ball winner?

Yes if he was brilliant ahead of the likely world cup candidate in the league too.

Ronaldo was brilliant at the world cup even though they got kicked out in round 16 and dwarfed Modric in the league and champions league.

You are just extending a done debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
I like the pain and shame pendu fan boys are going through now

Mohammed salah should just win the Dubai d or instead of pendulum

Before Messi was given the award yesterday pendu was already on Instagram crying as usual

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Yes if he was brilliant ahead of the likely world cup candidate in the league too.

Ronaldo was brilliant at the world cup even though they got kicked out in round 16 and dwarfed Modric in the league and champions league.

You are just extending a done debate.
Oh no! But it wasn't a debate. I was just helping you see the glaring hypocrisy and if you still haven't then maybe I can't help you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
SerVik:

Oh no! But it wasn't a debate. I was just helping you see the glaring hypocrisy and if you still haven't then maybe I can't help you.

There is no hypocrisy. It was clear Modric was not half of CR7 but they gave it to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Buhahahahaha,tears everywhere

When Messi failed to win the World Cup you guys insulted him for years as if your Ronaldo have ever played in a World Cup finals

Yes Messi doesn’t need a copa America before you know he is the greatest ,you saw how he narrowly lost the World Cup and lost out at 2 copa finals on Pk

But Messi had to work so hard to win the copa just because of criticism from people like you ,but yet you are not satisfied

You guys didn’t regard the Olympics just because Messi has won it ,una no Dey shame ?
he worked so hard to win copa indeed. But as i said earlier, incase you didn't notice, obviously, the finishing of Salah shows its a scam. Both goats have gotten at least one dor they don't deserve. But more on Messi, like yesternight.

This is one example on why the award na big scam on many occasions.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
if you are good, you are good abeg

Messi dominates and wins B'dor

pendulums: it's the Pep Guardiola's effect, there is no way the dwarf is that good the team is set up to profit him. Fraud!

pep leaves Messi still dominates and wins B'dor

pendulums: what do you expect, he is Sepp Blatter's son, his daddy just gifts him these golden balls all the time...Mark my words, this short fraud will be exposed soon, i just pray make sepp blatter comot fes cheesy

Sepp Blatter exits the scene, Messi balls more than ever

pendulums: it has definitely got to be Xavi and Iniesta, those two have been carrying that midget all his life; i bet they even assist him in his matrimonial duties no wonder he can't do anything with Argentina

Xavi leaves Messi still dominates and wins B'dor

Pendulums: we meant Iniesta, when did we mention Xavi na..ah-ah no put words for our mouth, na Iniesta we talk (I-N-I-E-S-T-A), xavi ko, inzaghi ni

Iniesta leaves the scene, Messi still balling

pendulums: it's Neymar the starboy, he does all the work while the midget takes the glory...case in point Barca VS PSG comeback ..oh what Neymar will do if he leaves that ungrateful fraud and become his own man

Neymar leaves Messi and barca, Goes to PSG and does fvckall, Messi balls more wins yet another B'dor

pendulum: Based on our observation and collective findings over the years , we can authoritatively say that this Fraud is a system player, a camp Nou wifi player.I mean why has he been Trophyless and totally useless internationally ? and don't even mention finals here, or junior international tournaments and definitely not the olympics, we don't do that here- we only rate Senior International tournament , i swear if he ever wins "anything" with Argentina, i will personally end the debate and crown him The undisputed GOAT.

Messi goes on to win the COPA while also being the best player

Pendulums: shiit! shiit! shiiit! godamit!! fvck!!!!!...we no gree oh Copa America is a shit tournament, worse than the Euros, the Nations league, the AFCON and even our NUGA games has more quality than it... reason it is being played every 3 market days and it only hass 3.87 teams participating in it. Men that shit is a glorified interhouse sports...let the fraud leave his comfort zone for once kwanu. shit! shit!!! (till it fades)

Messi leaves Barca and Wins his historic 7th Ballon d'or

PAINEDULUMS, una never see anything , una go wail tire grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
he worked so hard to win copa indeed. But as i said earlier, incase you didn't notice, obviously, the finishing of Salah shows its a scam. Both goats have gotten at least one dor they don't deserve. But more on Messi, like yesternight.

This is one example on why the award na big scam on many occasions.

You are just confused as the goodjoe if not more than

You want Nedved who was a midfielder to have more goals than Henry who is a CF ?

So salah deserves this ballon d or ,this award was for last season oga ,stop bringing salah into this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
You dey mind them before it was 'he doesn't need an international trophy to validate his greatness' After winning Copa Aisha Buhari Cup there are now saying 'you see we told you he was great' cheesy yeye people

Sometimes, no be say their goat no dey work. But his fans mostly cant imagine there are players out there that outperforms him.. so bad. If im confused, then they are super confused.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
I heard Bonfre Jo is interested in SE job

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Mikel was by far the best player ,what does that got to do with all the ballon d or Messi won ?

Why suddenly talking about 2005 today ,are you making sense ,I guess your hate for him is because of the 2005 world youth champions

Was Messi the ref that gave 2 pk or Messi father work at FIFA ?

Sorry to say ,you and the good joe are bunch of confused fellows

Who outperformed the goat ? Messi was no goat 2005 If Na that one you Dey talk about ,so please who outperformed the goat ?

You still can’t explain why you are bringing a 2005 world youth championship for U20 kids in a ballon d or arguement

Stop being confused and brace up .
Cos that is the origin of cheating on his path. Whether you like it or not. That is an undeniable fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Since he was named into euros team of the tournament why was he not named the player of the tournament?

He wasn’t even Italy best player at the euros

Jorginho doesn’t deserve the ballon d or and he is not even a world class player ,only some Chelsea fans thinks Jorginho is world class grin

Chelsea won the champions league and kante and France didn’t do well at the euros that’s why they gave him that uefa award but Na ballon d or una eye Dey ,una no Dey fear ?

Your world class Busquet, Shey him don ever carry this kind thing for him life cheesy cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
Cos that is the origin of cheating on his path. Whether you like it or not. That is an undeniable fact.

Make I hear world abeg ,you are just a sour looser

Nothing consign me and 2005 world youth championship,stop disgracing yourself with stupid agendas

Can you listen to yourself ,ref gave 2Pk and that’s the origin or cheating on his path ,is it messi fault ,are you not even ashamed of this talk

That’s why some of you want Messi to play in the euros and win it before you will regard him

Yeye confused people

If I where you I will stop capping
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Your world class Busquet, Shey him don ever carry this kind thing for him life cheesy cheesy

E don comot for pendu arguement ? Anywhere you carry am to I ready

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You are just confused as the goodjoe if not more than

You want Nedved who was a midfielder to have more goals than Henry who is a CF ?

So salah deserves this ballon d or ,this award was for last season oga ,stop bringing salah into this
yaff shift goalpost again grin for even the Henry-nedved own all of a sudden?? Chai. Nanana. This yardstick affects your goat.

If you think that pic is all there is that year then once again do your findings and stop the goalshifting jare. grin

Are you even reading my post? Where did i say Salah deserves balon d'Or?? grin

You obviously didn't even notice i said Salah outperformed cr7. Abegiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
yaff shift goalpost again grin for even the Henry-nedved own all of a sudden?? Chai. Nanana. This yardstick affects your goat.

If you think that pic is all there is that year then once again do your findings and stop the goalshifting jare. grin

Are you even reading my post? Where did i say Salah deserves balon d'Or?? grin

You obviously didn't even notice i said Salah outperformed cr7. Abegiii

This one choke una

Buhahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Nothing consign me and 2005 world youth championship,stop disgracing yourself with stupid agendas

Can you listen to yourself ,ref gave 2Pk and that’s the origin or cheating on his path ,is it messi fault ,are you not even ashamed of this talk

That’s why some of you want Messi to play in the euros and win it before you will regard him

Yeye confused people

grin grin

He can come and play in the Epl na. Farmers league with Mbappe and Neymar na palava to score. Later dem go blame his teammates soon. Clear well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
MetalJigsaw:
I heard Bonfre Jo is interested in SE job

Heard he submitted CV sef. Shey no newbie or better young manager dey ni?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
carried?

That's one thing i don't like when people try to hype Messi. He carried Argentina to final

grin grin

Carry on.
hype? How?
andrewbaba44:

Yeye confused people

grin grin

He can come and play in the Epl na. Farmers league with Mbappe and Neymar na palava to score. Later dem go blame his teammates soon. Clear well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:

grin grin

All agenda don die grin

Messi against big 6 in England vs pendu who spent years there while playing against those teams at least 2 times per season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
carried?

That's one thing i don't like when people try to hype Messi. He carried Argentina to final

grin grin

Carry on.
who was their best player? He was even the tournament top scorer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E don comot for pendu arguement ? Anywhere you carry am to I ready
Lol was he the best player at that tournament? Carry along mofo cheesy

Jorginho dey win Uefa best player of the year, you dey show Wetin team carry as collective effort
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
daveP:
You can be a Messi fan forever. But dyin a bid to lift him up, trash people that outperformed your Goat.

Its so hilarious and ironic that a Nigerian would never admit that at the u20 WYC in 05, Mikel was by far, the Tourney's best player. If you dunno, find out and admit. But no, Mikel must not be hyped or given accolades for that 05 cos its Messi.

so Messi with 6 goals dey count score board?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
not Chievo but Palermo and later Lazio
Ayo Makinwa played for Chievo on loan from Lazio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Lol was he the best player at that tournament? Carry along mofo cheesy

Jorginho dey win Uefa best player of the year, you dey show Wetin team carry as collective effort

Where is Jorginho world Cup medal grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) (11784) (11785) (11786) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.