Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11756407 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11806) (11807) (11808) (11809) (11810) (11811) (11812) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Everyone on this Board sees it, but rather look away - Sentiment. I didn't see the Match, but saw it pop up on my Notification that Awoniyi scored again.

I rushed enter here to see at least a Page littered with Awoniyi scores.... grin

Surprisingly only you, Basco, Kog and perhaps one more Moniker celebrated him..... only to read a crass Analysis on his Weaknesses.
Sir,I want to use this opportunity to shout out to Kokmne,forgiveness and recently Zuchyblink straight forward guys when it comes to critique on a player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
Sir,I want to use this opportunity to shout out to Kokmne,forgiveness and recently Zuchyblink straight forward guys when it comes to critique on a player.

cheesy

.... yet they are all Outcast here. I will add Andrew and Charles to the List.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2021
If Rohr will be the one to lead us to AFCON, then it's better to drop Onuachu for Awoniyi while Dennis replaces a Defender (preferably Omeruo).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:22am On Dec 04, 2021
Just want to chime in on the Awoniyi underappreciation debate.

I don't think the intent is to undermine his ability. Yes, he is unexpectedly showing excellent form and almost singlehandedly carrying a modest team in the bundesliga. That's great!

BUT he has to keep doing it and also add a bit more to his game. We were once told that putting the ball in the 'onion bag' is the currency upon which strikers are judged. I think we know now that indeed more is needed. Record breaking goal feats last season by Simy and Onuachu did not excite the top brass in Europe enough for them to cough up the modest amounts needed to secure their services.

Awoniyi has done well for himself, his goals will get him noticed. But when that spotlight from the trained eyes fall on him he will have to demonstrate his repertoire of skills rather than simply point to the goal scorers chart in a single season.

I hope he comes good.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:22am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

Haa Andrew and metaljigsaw na brother o...Charles na gentlemen but sometimes he own craze na style o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

You joke too much sir.
I am not emotional. I say it the way it is no matter whose ox is gored. Nigerians are too emotional that is why our leaders find it easy to rule us, just tick Our emotional box and boom you have gotten us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
we are not emotional at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

we are outcastes in the midst of emotional and sentimental analyst
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
Ndidi and Onyeka no for me....even of recent my rating on Aribo and Iwobi in SE GWG has dropped...we are having serious issue in our midfield and I don't know maybe we can give real AM a chance irrespective of his club performances,just like the way Rohr gave fourth division Maduka a chance.

Ndidi and Onyeka are different players.
Just because Onyeka can slot into the DM role, doesn't make him similar to Ndidi.
They show different playing styles and preferences with the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2021
wayodude:
Just want to chime in on the Awoniyi underappreciation debate.

I don't think the intent is to undermine his ability. Yes, he is unexpectedly showing excellent form and almost singlehandedly carrying a modest team in the bundesliga. That's great!

BUT he has to keep doing it and also add a bit more to his game. We were once told that putting the ball in the 'onion bag' is the currency upon which strikers are judged. I think we know now that indeed more is needed. Record breaking goal feats last season by Simy and Onuachu did not excite the top brass in Europe enough for them to cough up the modest amounts needed to secure their services.

Awoniyi has done well for himself, his goals will get him noticed. But when that spotlight from the trained eyes fall on him he will have to demonstrate his repertoire of skills rather than simply point to the goal scorers chart in a single season.

I hope he comes good.
Thank you Sir,Sincerely a football enthusiast has every right to talk on player either in a positive or negative way,it is acceptable.

Taiwo Awoniyi cannot enjoy the same spotlight as Osimehn,not possible for now but the guy is doing more than scoring for his club and he has improved tremendously,hope to see him in a better club next season,maybe then people would appreciate him more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2021
Meliforme:

Just because Onyeka can slot into the DM role, doesn't make him similar to Ndidi.
Sir,my point is that I cannot start Ndidi and Onyeka together as a coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:46am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:
If Rohr will be the one to lead us to AFCON, then it's better to drop Onuachu for Awoniyi while Dennis replaces a Defender (preferably Omeruo).

If I give u japping.... WC one b rohr undecided grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:
grin

It's so pathetic we are creating unnecessary Rivalry on this Thread. They are all our Players, celebrate them all if they are in form. Critique their flaws fairly and objectively.

Who is creating rivalry here if I may ask, the guy made an observation about Awoniyi's weaknesses una turn am from downplaying Awoniyi to creating rivalry, na wa for una for this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
Ndidi and Onyeka no for me....even of recent my rating on Aribo and Iwobi in SE GWG has dropped...we are having serious issue in our midfield and I don't know maybe we can give real AM a chance irrespective of his club performances,just like the way Rohr gave fourth division Maduka a chance.

You get it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:

Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2021
Meliforme:

Why?

Why not, have you seen Ndidi perform well with another DM or pseudo DM?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Why not, have you seen Ndidi perform well with another DM or pseudo DM?

Who are the DM's he didn't perform well partnering?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2021
grin some days ehn, some people will just decide to pick up a fight!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
grin grin you got that right sir!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:05am On Dec 04, 2021
Meliforme:

Why?
We need more creative in the midfield than choke the midfield with two DM irrespective of their style of play....unless we want to seal up a game.....like our match against Argentina at 2018 WC,someone like Onyeka would have seal the match for us by replacing Mikel or Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:

Was the guy not straightforward with his criticism?
Or what am I missing??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Everyone on this Board sees it, but rather look away - Sentiment. I didn't see the Match, but saw it pop up on my Notification that Awoniyi scored again.

I rushed enter here to see at least a Page littered with Awoniyi scores.... grin

Surprisingly only you, Basco, Kog and perhaps one more Moniker celebrated him..... only to read a crass Analysis on his Weaknesses.

You should have also shown up to celebrate him...
Or where were you??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2021
Oasis001:

why should he replace a defender, what are Musa, Simon, Shehu, and to some degree Kalu still doing, or better still offers

oh.... I forgot,

Musa and Shehu = qouta system

Simon = Sending crosses from Naija to France for assist,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:15am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
We need more creative in the midfield than choke the midfield with two DM irrespective of their style of play....unless we want to seal up a game.....like our match against Argentina at 2018 WC,someone like Onyeka would have seal the match for us by replacing Mikel or Etebo.

Instead of spending so much time on searching for a creative midfielder, why not just tweak the team to switch creativity from midfield..

Apart from Okocha, Nigeria has never really produced that many creative midfielders... Creative midfielders aren't really our thing...But you see the wings, that's our thing...Attacking from the flanks...It's our style..

Somebody suggested that we go the Liverpool way, and I support it... We have the players to make it work...
Aina is an attacking minded full back.. Zaidu isn't so bad going forward too..

Let's try a 4-3-3

Okoye

Aina
Akpogunma
Balogun
Zaidu

Ndidi
Onyeka
Aribo

Chukwueze
Osimhen
Ejuke

Ndidi as the DM, Onyeka as a RCM and Aribo as LCM...

It's much better than the conservative style Rohr is so in love with...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Who is creating rivalry here if I may ask, the guy made an observation about Awoniyi's weaknesses una turn am from downplaying Awoniyi to creating rivalry, na wa for una for this thread
he made an observation quite alright which is right but watch same person trying to pitch awoniyi against osimehn with one of his submission and if any moniker does same observation on osimehn's weekness watch the Way people will take same Moniker as hateful and once a player isn't their favourite his success isn't a big deal to them but once their favourite does same thing every where go stew grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Meliforme:

I will play the both of them simultaneously either as a DM/CM or Dm/Dm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Kog45:
Any good reason why you cannot? Remember how makalele and Veira partnership for France? It was successful. Maybe, we can replicate similar feat between ndidi and frank
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Sir,first question,what prompted that post....a goal against Leipzig and next was pressing issue,stamina,he has not done it in a big stage,comparison with Osimehn and Haaland.I think the timing of that comment lead to reactions,nothing more....no one created the rivalry but the original post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2021
drDoom3:

I watch all Awoniyi games. You cannot compare his pressing to Osimhen's. They are not in the same league.

Awoniyi has poor stamina, take it to the bank. That is in fact the reason why his pressing is poor. He starts well, but gasses out quickly and can't press with the same intensity he started with. Awoniyi has never been that kind of player though, right from U17.

When I meant big stage, I meant consistently at a top level. Keeping his form until the end of the season would be a good start.

Poor Stamina. There's no bank that will accept this deposit you just brought forward. Haba!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2021
12large1:

Any good reason why you cannot? Remember how makalele and Veira partnership for France? It was successful. Maybe, we can replicate similar feat between ndidi and frank
Large baba,you are right but do we have extra ordinary player in the midfield to cover up....pls can Aribo or Iwobi do the needful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2021
Subzero047:

What do you mean by downplaying? Somebody cannot make simple observation without you coming up with your downplaying nonsense, If Awoniyi has high pressing stats bring it instead of playing sentimental and accusing somebody like Awoniyi dey owe him money, We are all SE fans and everybody has a right to criticize where a player is not doing well without you jumping out with your sentimental bullsh1t

Its outright downplaying. I don't think we need a dictionary to know that.

Hope you know the boldened alone is a big big downplay even with doom3's comment?

How is he not doing well this same season that we are watching?

Chai....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2021
do4luv14:

why should he replace a defender, what are Musa, Simon, Shehu, and to some degree Kalu still doing, or better still offers

oh.... I forgot,

Musa and Shehu = qouta system

Simon = Sending crosses from Naija to France for assist,

Realistically, Musa Shehu and Simon will make the final List, regardless of who leads us AFCON.

My only problem with Rohr is, why inviting too much Defenders when we ain't make use of them? When was last Omeruo starts a Match for Eagles? Or even coming in as a Sub?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11806) (11807) (11808) (11809) (11810) (11811) (11812) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.