Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11626641 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11821) (11822) (11823) (11824) (11825) (11826) (11827) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

There's nothing illegal about it, but it will surely be banned after Maguire uses it to win Golden Boot award.

Imagine Chelsea signing Akinfewa to come and be carrying Lukaku on his head.
Or Messi running to corner flag at every opportunity just to win corner.

What is this na grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Why am I not surprised? Our useless NFF, they would ignore him while inviting aged men like Musa and Shehu, then once another country starts showing interest on him, they will start going to take photo ops with him.

I mean, if the NFF are not clueless, they would immediately get him into our system along with Arthur Okonkwo of Arsenal.

O pari

charlesemeka85:
no he is not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
Icon79:
Why am I not surprised? Our useless NFF, they would ignore him while inviting aged men like Musa and Shehu, then once another country starts showing interest on him, they will start going to take photo ops with him.

I mean, if the NFF are not clueless, they would immediately get him into our system along with Arthur Okonkwo of Arsenal.

O pari

Such a fine player with magical feet. Plays CM and CAM positions (something we don't have in plethora). Talents abounds and I wonder what the scout in the UK actually does to recommend these players to the coach.

Rohr stubborn self will still carry Shehu and Musa join body. I'm just infuriated he hasn't been let go yet after 2 weeks. Is he that he got us by the balls or he's above been sacked.

Rohr can't give what he obviously doesn't have. We need a new coach maybe that will instill some seriousness and a breathe of fresh air into these boys cos I really do not understand this NFF and Rohr back and forth. What's with the paparazzi in sacking the old man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
fabyom:
We were lucky at that tournament. Vicmo coming on to cause 2 penalties against Ethiopia in the last 10 minutes was our saving grace. You should know that the team performance in the group stages was so porous that Keshi's sack letter was already drafted before we played Ivory coast. Against the Ivorians, Vicmo, Mikel, Omeruo, Eyeanma, Onazi, and Emenike had the game of their lives helped with a little luck. We were not spectacular but fortunate. That team should not be the standard!

Oga, who said we were lucky in that tournament? We turned out to be the best team. Who then should have won it? Burkina Faso, Mali (that we trashed 4:1) or Ghana that couldn't beat a 10man Burkinabe team and lost to Mali during the 3rd place game.

Which World Cup experience did the Super Eagles of 1994 have before they thrashed Bulgaria 3:0 in their first game?

I don't see Rohr bringing any new defenders but he needs to inject a couple of new Players into the midfield and forward positions; players who are proven at club level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iwobi just missed one-one chance to take all the glory against former employers, Arsenal. How?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
Icon79:

O pari

Carney Chukwuemeka is a no go area, no be everything dem dey blame NFF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
nelszx:

Such a fine player with magical feet. Plays CM and CAM positions (something we don't have in plethora). Talents abounds and I wonder what the scout in the UK actually does to recommend these players to the coach.

Rohr stubborn self will still carry Shehu and Musa join body. I'm just infuriated he hasn't been let go yet after 2 weeks. Is he that he got us by the balls or he's above been sacked.

Rohr can't give what he obviously doesn't have. We need a new coach maybe that will instill some seriousness and a breathe of fresh air into these boys cos I really do not understand this NFF and Rohr back and forth. What's with the paparazzi in sacking the old man

They have a working system of football development. You elect old dead brains and expect a change in your country ... life doesn't work that way. Then , my guys wanna steal another mans hardwork , Carney Chukwuemeka...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Why is he a no go area tho? Have we tried to approach him already?

O pari

Subzero047:

Carney Chukwuemeka is a no go area, no be everything dem dey blame NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:01am On Dec 07, 2021
He’s a great talent, no question about that. And he hasn’t even started playing sef. His potential is massive. Give him 2 to 3 years and you’ll have a real star player.

O pari

nelszx:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:13am On Dec 07, 2021
Icon79:
Why is he a no go area tho? Have we tried to approach him already?

O pari

He has been prepared for the England team from Aston Villa academy, Adarabioyo wey no get future no gree play for us na Carney your eye reach grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:56am On Dec 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

2 assist in his last 2 games so far

It will end in tears

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:16am On Dec 07, 2021
Finidi George once offered to coach the Golden Eaglets for free.
He should please make that offer again with the Super Eagles.
That's the only thing that can save us from Rohr at this point. That white Oningbinde when no like money don kolobi our neck tight like house wife when sabi hold husband trouser. "I no go leave you oh. You no go commot for this house today!" We are screwed!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Took my time to rewatch the match between Watford and Man City, I must say Dennis has improved tremendously. I never knew he has become this good. Dude is so mature and classy on the ball. He was always daring, assured and composed.

Dude played as though he was made for the EPL

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2021
darkelf:

It will end in tears

grin grin grin

When it is all tears.

I salute you The Chairman board of wailers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2021
From all indications Rohr is taking us to the nation's cup. He might just win it. What happens next?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2021
Why can't you guys be at peace that rohr is here to stay kiss
Must you guys whine like women undecided

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:08am On Dec 07, 2021
Truidstar:
From all indications Rohr is taking us to the nation's cup. He might just win it. What happens next?

Story! He dey win fire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
It is now almost certain that we won't be playing our playoff game at Lagos....
Abuja most likely

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2021
Danielnino00:
Abuja most likely

Good. We haven't been in Abuja for a very long time!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2021
Ppogbae:

Good. We haven't been in Abuja for a very long time!

After that ill-fated AFCON qualifier game against Guinea, Abuja was abandoned.. Thank God Uyo stadium was built, otherwise the super eagles would have kept playing in the many nonsense stadiums across the country...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

Story! He dey win fire
What if he win?? What next??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2021
Ghana lost a 3rd place match? who takes a 3rd place match seriously?

Icon4s:

Oga, who said we were lucky in that tournament? We turned out to be the best team. Who then should have won it? Burkina Faso, Mali (that we trashed 4:1) or Ghana that couldn't beat a 10man Burkinabe team and lost to Mali during the 3rd place game.

Which World Cup experience did the Super Eagles of 1994 have before they thrashed Bulgaria 3:0 in their first game?

I don't see Rohr bringing any new defenders but he needs to inject a couple of new Players into the midfield and forward positions; players who are proven at club level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Ghana lost a 3rd place match? who takes a 3rd place match seriously?

Yes, Losers don't take things seriously

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2021
Truidstar:

Let dem confirm dis rohr with a bold statement and stop using delaying tactics,we already know dt deir body language wasn't ready to sack rohr....let d NFF make an official statement dis week confirming rohr as d coach so DT he can prepare his mind and team early... Deres no point using dis delay tactics, it will only unsettle d team more cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Scottish Premiership champions Glasgow Rangers should start preparing for life without their influential midfielder Joe Aribo.

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the leadership of the Light Blues has opened preliminary talks with Aribo and his representatives over a contract extension.

The Nigeria international will enter the last eighteen months of his contract in January and Rangers are keen to offer him improved terms.

Initial talks on a contract renewal were not productive at all, with the player making it clear that he is not interested in extending his stay beyond the end of next season.

The Daily Mail reported exactly a week ago that Brentford, Watford and Crystal Palace are targeting Aribo and this website can confirm that the three Premier League clubs are genuinely interested in his signature.

The 25-year-old has made a splash since arriving at Rangers from Charlton Athletic in the summer of 2019, scoring 22 goals and setting up 19 others in 118 appearances across all competitions.

The list of his suitors is destined to increase given that he is expected to star for Nigeria at the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Tottenham Hotspur intend to retain versatile London-born Nigerian defender Tobi Omole for the 2022-2023 season.

Omole will enter the final six months of his contract with the north London club in January and the Premier League side are keen to tie him down to a new deal.

It is confirmed that the Anglo-Nigerian youngster has been offered a new contract and negotiations over a contract renewal are at an advanced stage.

Aged 21, Omole joined Tottenham Hotspur in October 2020 following a successful trial after he was surprisingly released by Arsenal.

He is now pushing for a first team breakthrough at Spurs and is highly thought of by the coaching staff given that he was registered on the Premier League and Europa Conference League rosters as a senior player.

Ex-Tottenham manager Nuno Espírito Santo was the first to hand Omole a call-up to the first team, naming him as a reserve option against Rennes, NS Mura and Crystal Palace but he was a non-playing substitute in the three games.

New boss Antonio Conte has been observing the Anglo-Nigerian at close quarters ahead of a possible debut before the end of the season.

Capable of playing as a full-back, left-sided central defender and defensive midfielder, Omole has scored two goals in his last ten matches in the Premier League 2.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Truidstar:
What if he win?? What next??

You're a funny man

You think luck play football
Sometimes you guys dont understand the kind of team rohr is preparing to take to afcon

Well January is not far
God willing, we'll all see the catastrophe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
humility33:

You're a funny man

Sometimes you guys dont understand the kind of team rohr is preparing to take to afcon

Well January is not far

Why you would retain a coach that couldn't beat CAR, and then expect him to beat Algeria, Mali, Morocco and co, to win AFCON, is baffling. It is obvious these NFF folks have a huge chunk of Rohr's salary, hence they cannot sack him for their selfish gains.

Once your players no longer respect and fear you as a coach, or have faith in your ability, you have lost it. Not to mention the fact that he is not a pressing coach, and you want to win pressing teams like Cameroon and co.

Na first round we go for come house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Joebie:
Finidi George once offered to coach the Golden Eaglets for free.
He should please make that offer again with the Super Eagles.
That's the only thing that can save us from Rohr at this point. That white Oningbinde when no like money don kolobi our neck tight like house wife when sabi hold husband trouser. "I no go leave you oh. You no go commot for this house today!" We are screwed!

Free for SE?

Haba, Na our Legend o. They should at least pay him $15,000/month and give him chance to create a team B to team C.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
Danielnino00:
Abuja most likely

They should sha get sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
As much as I am disappointed with rohr tactics, bad selection and late substitution, I don’t think that, it is wise to sack him now considering that he has met all his target. Let’s wait until ANC is over and if he doesn’t reach the finals or win, you have a logical reason to sack him. Let’s be fair, “good football” “good selection” wasn’t written on his contract

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
humility33:

You're a funny man

Well January is not far

In tournament football anything can happen. I have watched football long enough to know that. Never write anyone off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11821) (11822) (11823) (11824) (11825) (11826) (11827) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), opes, jieta, KanielOutis92 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.