Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11776933 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:13am On Apr 30
Meliforme:

That Lookman combined well with Osimhen at the AFCON, doesn't mean Lookman brings more to the table in that role. I have seen better combinations with Iheanacho and Boniface. They fare better tactically.
Combinations with Boniface? After how many matches? This guy ehn. I think you deliberately put out outlandish views
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:16am On Apr 30
humility33:

Bro; you and I know your assertions are "had it been" statements unfortunately Boniface wasn t available for AFCON and lookman stole the show

He scored the highest number of goals for Nigeria at afcon. He even impressed more than Oshimen the reigning africa APOTY.

So currently for the super eagles no rational coach will bench him over Boniface. This dude just recently light up AFCON. Boniface is good but I will always pick lookman ahead of him both for club and country. Put lookman in that Leverkeusn team and watch him score goals for fun. Many of those missed chances by Boniface, Lookman will score them. No disrespect to Boniface, Lookman is way more lethal even on the super eagles shirt

Boniface, Iheancho should be played from the bench while Lookman starts.
I really don't trust Boniface. He's kinda slow to me. I'm not really convinced about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:21am On Apr 30
komekn:

KC had been impotent for several years should not be in the conversation with regards to the SE.

Why can't Boniface be contending with VO for the number 9 position, is that sacrilege to suggest. I think Boniface brings something different that VO doesn't have a team should not be one dimensional.

Boniface can't fit Oshimen role. Let's be honest
Oshimen is more aggressive, potent in the air and even more clinical

Maybe because u don't watch Leverkeusn matches Boniface is not that clinical though with utmost respect he is good in all round play but his finishing compare to oshimen is way behind

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:21am On Apr 30
Mujtahida:

I really don't trust Boniface. He's kinda slow to me. I'm not really convinced about him.
He is not used to Africa football and hasn't been tested yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:22am On Apr 30
Mujtahida:

Combinations with Boniface? After how many matches? This guy ehn. I think you deliberately put out outlandish views
grin
I don tire for e cap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:23am On Apr 30
zicky:
Enyimba continental matches is the reason I don't rate finidi, I can't point out his impact in the club that warrant being rewarded with SE job. I wish him and the eagles the best.
Me too I don't really rate him. I will pick the Remo stars and Enugu rangers coach as the best in the league over him in the NPFL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:24am On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
If you read my statement carefully, you would see I never made mention of Lookman on the bench. Don't assume what is not said and rather focus on what is said.

Did you read this part... "A fit and inform boniface walks straight into the Super Eagles starting XI if a Coach knows what he's doing and how to best utilise and set up our attacking third."

Decipher carefully.

Okay that's fine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:51am On Apr 30
komekn:

Quite a few years ago a couple of my friends were playing for a premiership team at the time. They observed that the SE coaching set up was charismatic led and not process led. This was causing several problems in team cohesion and strategy.

They offered to provide and pay for a defensive set piece coach from a premier League club for the SE. The NFF refused.
why didn't this make the new? Have any of them at least dedicated time to continue to invade the press with this important detail so pressure mounts on NFF? Smh. Who were they sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:07am On Apr 30
Oasis007:
Where una see Amunike coaching Qualifications? I don search tired. Transfermarket has record for Finidi but none for Amunike.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/141241-emmanuel-amuneke-obtains-higher-coaching-license.html?tztc=1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:37am On Apr 30
zicky:
read in one of the sports news he's being punish for coming for Afcon even with an injury don't know how true.
That's unfair. But the club released him now. If the club didn't want him to go due to his injury, they could have stopped him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:38am On Apr 30
komekn:

You can full in the spaces or go several years back when I talked about it .

All the Nigerian players who played for Everton at that time.
You can only deceive yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:43am On Apr 30
Oasis007:
Where una see Amunike coaching Qualifications? I don search tired. Transfermarket has record for Finidi but none for Amunike.
I thought they said Finidi did not have any coaching license.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:46am On Apr 30
komekn:
The best thing to happen to Nigerian football ⚽ in a long time.

For once a man of unquestionable integrity, it's better to lose righteously than to win dubiously.

There is talk of he doesn't have a UEFA pro license. It's a baseline of competence but it's not competence in itself. It's like have a driving licence ( in most countries you have to pass a test ) however it doesn't make you a an excellent driver.

You can have a BSc in business management and be clueless about how to run a business.

My only concern, is sabotage and contentions. The NFF for generations have a deep seated culture of corruption, nepotism, favouritism, godfatherism, will the powers that be give FINIDI a free hand to manage and select his team.

I think he should choose his own backroom staff and not accept the ones the NFF will impose on him.

Great 👍🏿 news
Lool!!! NFF will definitely provide his assistants. Even APC will nominate someone also. I don't want to mention names. That's the norm with NFF when it comes to local coaches. Siasia during his time brought in Kalika himself. Maybe if Finidi has a close somebody that worked with him in Spain, he can bring him in. If not he will be given party loyalists as assistants.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:46am On Apr 30
daveP:
why didn't this make the new? Have any of them at least dedicated time to continue to invade the press with this important detail so pressure mounts on NFF? Smh. Who were they sef?
Mere fallacy my brother. Man just dey show off here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:05pm On Apr 30
Meliforme:
In my appraisal Ademola Lookman can be rightlfully benched for the likes of Victor Boniface and Kelechi Iheanacho because the duo interprets the SS role better.

No one, I repeat no one plays the SS role in the Super Eagles better than Ademola Lookman. How you reached this conclusion is puzzling.

So far Victor Boniface is the worse to have played that role (maybe after Awoniyi).

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30
mostob:
I thought they said Finidi did not have any coaching license.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30
komekn:

Why then are Ronaldo, Benzema, Kante, Mane, etc etc playing in Saudia Arabia ❓

In general the best clubs have the most money 💰 but in the end players follow the money 🤑 🤑 🤑.

So the best players no longer play for the best leagues and best clubs,is now money?
u are just a confusionist.
Is Kante,Mane,Benzema and Ronaldo currently. among the best players in the world.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:53pm On Apr 30
humility33:

grin
I don tire for e cap
I swear. He's in a league of his own
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

See talk. There is no much difference between Domenec Torrent and Finidi George. See talk. Do you understand the tactical exposure of working with Guardiola since Barcelona B to Manchester City. I hope you read the resource that pointed that Finidi does not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.

See talk , so what experience does Domenec Torrent have with the Super Eagles already. Finidi has been in the system for years and we have little time before our next qualifiers. What can Domenec eventually achieve before facing South Africa. With Finidi all hands should be in firm support to help deliver the result needed to qualify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30
humility33:

Me too I don't really rate him. I will pick the Remo stars and Enugu rangers coach as the best in the league over him in the NPFL
Yea, if we want to go for a Nigeria league coach/indegeneous coach we should go for the best, and in the npfl finidi is not the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30
M7even:

See talk , so what experience does Domenec Torrent have with the Super Eagles already. Finidi has been in the system for years and we have little time before our next qualifiers. What can Domenec eventually achieve before facing South Africa. With Finidi all hands should be in firm support to help deliver the result needed to qualify.

It is called coaching. Even if he does not know the players, he would do scouting and research, which is a normal protocol of coaches. When Barcelona was to play Bilbao when Guardiola was coaching Barcelona, after the game, he got a report from Bielsa (Bilbao coach). When Guardiola scanned the document, he exclaimed that Bielsa knew more about Barcelona players than him.

Sorry, you can't compare Finidi George's knowledge when it comes to modern coaching to Torrent. That is just an illogical argument. The depth and gap too much.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30
M7even:

whenever Nigerians make this statement just know they want to cut corners. From the last friendlies he was in charge we can see he has been in peseiro system cos I don't understand that statement in bold.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30
Oasis007:

grin

Good for him, next is to coach Men' team(s) to success.

That is an even outdated report prior to his joining Manu led Golden Eaglets in 2013
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:12pm On Apr 30
Na the coach dey decide pecking order. It’s our position to point out flaws (if any) in the order.

humility33:

Burn that your appraisal

Lookman currently is ahead of Kelechi in the pecking order even Boniface as far as the super eagles is concerned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30
do4luv14:

That is an even outdated report prior to his joining Manu led Golden Eaglets in 2013

What do you mean by outdated. It shows that by 2013, Amunike already had a UEFA Pro license. Finidi does not have it. Amunike even has a Masters UEFA coaching license. Let us leave that side. If it is based on qualifications, Amunike is ahead.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30
Kog45:
This should not be Osimhen vs Tammy cuz the man did not mentioned Tammy but given accolades to Osimhen based on what he saw against Roma.

I would have love it if you bring Lookman into the discussion not Tammy cuz there is no reason mentioning Tammy who is not even our own.

Tega Abrahams is not part of the discussion but an observation he has come back from a very serious career ending injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30
I no knw why this Amuneke’s rejection just dey swt me since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See as belle dey swt me like person wey em wife born twins 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30
humility33:

He is not used to Africa football and hasn't been tested yet
where was he born?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
I no knw why this Amuneke’s rejection just dey swt me since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See as belle dey swt me like person wey em wife born twins 🤣🤣🤣🤣
some of us know why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30
lbrichman2:

I have been singing this song so much so that I now sound like a broken record
Who says NFF don't have money?

No questions are being asked about the AFCON Silver $4m money
We just dey deceive ourselves dey go

That's old money 🤑 it's been shared and divided by the powers that be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: samtol4(m), Marjoribanks and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.