Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11631844 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11826) (11827) (11828) (11829) (11830) (11831) (11832) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
elyte89:
3weeks to afcon and our picnic never talk anything official abt rohr undecided undecided

if em talk now, una go say em too dey talk, em dey quite now, una still no want free,

abet free the man oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
Osimhen back in training...

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
Men watching those clips gives me goosebumps. That Algeria and Cameroon match were definitely one of the best individual displays I have seen from a SE player bar 1994 set and Mikel in 2013.

Men Mikel and Vicmo deserve serious props for being the spine of a team that basically had no fullbacks, goalkeeper or consistent striker. Without those 2 no way would we have qualified for Russia.

12large1:
It all started in 2013 when the late Keshi eagles were highly unimpressive at the group stage vs zambia, burkina faso and was touted to be eliminated by the star studded ivorians. A certain victor Moses thought otherwise. He controlled the tempo of the game and delivered a world class performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftg9THp3ek

Semi finals vs Mali… Moses continues his top notch performance…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYmC27ZSps

Moses was Nigeria MOM and player of the tournament in 2013…. Notable mention to emenike, mikel, Onazi, enyeama

2018 WCQ…. Nigeria is drawn against the number 1th ranked team in Africa (Algeria). 5 times ANC champion (Cameroun) and Former ANC winner (Zambia).. everyone gave up on qualifying for that World Cup until moses showed up again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAEJ6mRgKY
2 goals vs Algeria and place Nigeria hope alive

Moses once again annihilate a previous African champion to qualify us for another world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQJTwblOfk

Summary, when it comes to African football, victor Moses is a King and he will walk into SE 11…. Against international teams worldwide (there’s a doubt)

Ighalo return was simply for experience substitute and motivational purposes but Victor Moses own is NEEDED. He will walk into that 11

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Samuel Adegbenro won forward of the year award

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
do4luv14:

if em talk now, una go say em too dey talk, em dey quite now, una still no want free,

abet free the man oooo

I know you always defend this man

Hope you know his management of football in Nigeria in the last couple of years have been terrible?

I see you criticize Dare even the immediate past minister extensively but omit pinnick

If there is anyone to be hold responsible for the abysmal performance of our under 17,20, Olympic team and the super eagles both male and female football team it should be the NFF

I came from same region with this pinnick even graduated from same school and same department in uniben but in all honesty his tenure have been so terrible managing foot ball

We Niger Deltans like Jonathan dont al ways get the opportunity to Preside over affairs in this country and it pains me that when we do we mess it up or cant hold our own like Jonathan did

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
safarigirl:

Dennis say he no dey follow una go AFCON

Perish the idea my guy, reason another person
He already debunked the news and said he'd feature if invited. Obviously fake news by owngoal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
If you like being out VicMo's baby pictures. With Rohr, we will get what's coming to us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Odunayaw:
If you like being out VicMo's baby pictures. With Rohr, we will get what's coming to us

Without him, no assurance its going to be better. Its 3weeks to facing Salah and gang. If we don't have a solitary figure that can shine when others are sleeping, then its over. With this Rohr? With this lack of prep?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
elyte89:
3weeks to afcon and our picnic never talk anything official abt rohr undecided undecided
he no dey go anywhere, he’ll lead the team to Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
darkelf:

Seconded

You know the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
humility33:

I know you always defend this man

Hope you know his management of football in Nigeria in the last couple of years have been terrible?

I see you criticize Dare even the immediate past minister extensively but omit pinnick

If there is anyone to be hold responsible for the abysmal performance of our under 17,20, Olympic team and the super eagles both male and female football team it should be the NFF

I came from same region with this pinnick even graduated from same school and same department in uniben but in all honesty his tenure have been so terrible managing foot ball

We Niger Deltans like Jonathan dont al ways get the opportunity to Preside over affairs in this country and it pains me that when we do we mess it up or cant hold our own like Jonathan did

Hmm, Oga again

firstly if my comment you quoted feels like me defending him, to you, so be it

Secondly I had not criticize Dare, but I said things the way, they are, prove me otherwise!!!!!!

Thirdly is it the NFF as a body, or just only Pinnick if I finds you response correct, then we will chat more on it,

finally, you last and last point raised is a grendour of illusion, it's that same illusion that gave us BUbu, and now where are we,
are we better of than during Gej time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Napoleon55:
All these talk of vic moses being our player of tournament in 2013 afcon is highly debatable.
He was immense but there were other players that was equally instrumental to our triumph.

Players like emenike,enyeama,mikel and mba all contributed immensely,
But overall,i would pick mikel as our player of the tournament,not taken anything away from moses,emenike,enyeama and mba.

Without mikel in our midfield,there is no way we would have won ivory coast.

Mba score two of our most important goals.
Emenike scored some important goals as well.
Enyeama kept us from losing some matches.

Moses contribution was huge especially the last group march.
But the other major actors like mikel,mba and emenike contributions speaks more volume

Mba, emenike, enyeama and mikel all had a splendid tournament. Even onazi, ideye and the CB also performed good but Vic Moses was our best player in that tournament… of course, things could had been different without mikel in CM or Moses as a Winger

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
The 19-year-old star has spent just 18 months in Sweden, but he has already made a big impression

Former Golden Eaglets Akinkunmi Amoo has clinched the award for the best young player in the 2021 Swedish Allsvenskan season.

The Hammarby forward beat Malmo’s Veljko Birmancevic and Hampus Finndel from Djurgadens IF to claim the same award that compatriot Alhassan Yusuf won in 2019 while playing for IFK Goteborg.

Så röstade @irma_helin i Allsvenskans Stora Pris pic.twitter.com/l0SDSsJlZx

— discovery+ sport �� (@dplus_sportSE) December 8, 2021

The Hammarby academy product arrived from Nigerian amateur side FC Sido in June 2020, but it didn’t take him time to get into the first team as he got his chance just three months later.

This season, he became an established player for the former Allsvenskan champions, making 29 league appearances out of a possible 30.

The 19-year-old did deliver, as he registered nine goals and five assists to help Hammarby to a fifth-place finish.

Amoo was part of the team that represented Nigeria at the 2019 U-17 World Cup in Brazil. He had three assists to his name in that competition.

Meanwhile, Amoo was not the only Nigerian that was recognised for their outstanding performance, as Norrkopings’ Samuel Adegbenro also clinched the best striker award after scoring 17 goals and assisting two in 30 appearances.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
The January transfer window is around the corners, and one of Nigeria’s exciting attackers is back in the rumour mills

Greek media, as per Mynet, is claiming that Henry Onyekuru will leave Olympiacos in the January transfer season after failing to make much positive impact during his first six months at the club.

Onyekuru only moved to Olympiacos in August after the Greek champions secured his signing on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of four-and-a-half million euros. The Greek giants beat Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, and Besiktas to his signature in the summer.

But the 24-year-old forward has found it hard to settle down in Greece, and he is yet to produce his best form.

The Nigerian international has not registered a goal in nine league appearances and has just one assist in five Europa League games for the Red-Whites.

According to the reports, Onyekuru has his eyes set on returning to Galatasaray, where he has previously spent three different loan spells.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
12large1:

Mba, emenike, enyeama and mikel all had a splendid tournament. Even onazi, ideye and the CB also performed good but Vic Moses was our best player in that tournament… of course, things could had been different without mikel in CM or Moses as a Winger
Yeah your opinion Large man....in group stage Victor Moses...but knockout stage Sunday Mba but generally John Mikel Obi.

OMG! Emenike/Ideye partnership reminded me of Yekini/Siasia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:
The January transfer window is around the corners, and one of Nigeria’s exciting attackers is back in the rumour mills

Greek media, as per Mynet, is claiming that Henry Onyekuru will leave Olympiacos in the January transfer season after failing to make much positive impact during his first six months at the club.

Onyekuru only moved to Olympiacos in August after the Greek champions secured his signing on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of four-and-a-half million euros. The Greek giants beat Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, and Besiktas to his signature in the summer.

But the 24-year-old forward has found it hard to settle down in Greece, and he is yet to produce his best form.

The Nigerian international has not registered a goal in nine league appearances and has just one assist in five Europa League games for the Red-Whites.

According to the reports, Onyekuru has his eyes set on returning to Galatasaray, where he has previously spent three different loan spells.
Damn average a player but do get some hypes here but I don't know why....Onyekwuru just need to sort things out before it is too late even chuba Akpom find Greek league easy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
do4luv14:

Hmm, Oga again

firstly if my comment you quoted feels like me defending him, to you, so be it

Secondly I had not criticize Dare, but I said things the way, they are, prove me otherwise!!!!!!
b]
Thirdly is it the NFF as a body, or just only Pinnick if I finds you response correct, then we will chat more on it, [/b]

finally, you last and last point raised is a grendour of illusion, it's that same illusion that gave us BUbu, and now where are we,
are we better of than during Gej time

But Pinnick is the one heading the body

It's like Bubu and FG now

Your last paragraph need tell u that Maigari tenure will be remembered for good better than Pinnick tenure

Jonathan failure to do some things culminated in his loss per se

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Let dis guy kuku stay in galatasaray..instead of dis frequent moves..d act is stalling his career..my opinion cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
do4luv14:

abet free the man oooo
Amaju Pinnick is in charge of Nigeria football so he cannot be freed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
Victor Moses is welcome to the team, I don't think Nigeria would have lost to Algeria in Afcon's last edition if he played, he is such a great player.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provalker: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
From all indications, the inept Gernot Rohr will be leading us to afcon come January. Our prayers is that he will have the wisdom to make the right selections and not select players on the basis of loyalty or emotions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provalker: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
One thing I cannot take away from Vic moses is that he gives his all when playing for the national team. His inclusion will bring the much needed stability and competition in the super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ighalo too is another great player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provalker: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Moniter0:
Ighalo has passed his prime. His return was not necessary. Awoniyi, Osimhen and even Dennis if called is enough.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
Moniter0:

Really? It's like you guys didn't even watch the match against Cape Verde.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Moniter0:
If they catch you grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
We move grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Provalker:

Ighalo has passed his prime. His return was not necessary. Awoniyi, Osimhen and even Dennis if called is enough.
If my man Zuchy catch you....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:
The 19-year-old star has spent just 18 months in Sweden, but he has already made a big impression

Former Golden Eaglets Akinkunmi Amoo has clinched the award for the best young player in the 2021 Swedish Allsvenskan season.

The Hammarby forward beat Malmo’s Veljko Birmancevic and Hampus Finndel from Djurgadens IF to claim the same award that compatriot Alhassan Yusuf won in 2019 while playing for IFK Goteborg.

Så röstade @irma_helin i Allsvenskans Stora Pris pic.twitter.com/l0SDSsJlZx

— discovery+ sport �� (@dplus_sportSE) December 8, 2021

The Hammarby academy product arrived from Nigerian amateur side FC Sido in June 2020, but it didn’t take him time to get into the first team as he got his chance just three months later.

This season, he became an established player for the former Allsvenskan champions, making 29 league appearances out of a possible 30.

The 19-year-old did deliver, as he registered nine goals and five assists to help Hammarby to a fifth-place finish.

Amoo was part of the team that represented Nigeria at the 2019 U-17 World Cup in Brazil. He had three assists to his name in that competition.

Meanwhile, Amoo was not the only Nigerian that was recognised for their outstanding performance, as Norrkopings’ Samuel Adegbenro also clinched the best striker award after scoring 17 goals and assisting two in 30 appearances.

It seems Sweden is the place to go for our youngsters

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Subzero047:

It seems Sweden is the place to go for our youngsters
Belgium has been the best place so far for our young talent's to get their breakout season but nice if Sweden can offer Same thing wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:
We move grin
grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kog45:
Yeah your opinion Large man....in group stage Victor Moses...but knockout stage Sunday Mba but generally John Mikel Obi.

OMG! Emenike/Ideye partnership reminded me of Yekini/Siasia

Knockout stages it was still Moses. Mba only scored 2 important goals his overall contribution wasn’t immense

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11826) (11827) (11828) (11829) (11830) (11831) (11832) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, elyte89, 123jamessmith, TheSuperNerd(m), EricZeal(m), opes, caprikon, charlesemeka85(m), LordTheus(m), lovewins, Oasis007(m), forgiveness and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.