Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758693 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11830) (11831) (11832) (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

That's not the point, brother.

The point is don't malign a player only when they are down.

For example, I have watched Taiwo Awoniyi about three times, he's currently one of German's top scorer, but I still think he's an average player.

Despite Moffi's dry spell, I still think he's well above average.

But on your part, I don't think you've ever criticized Onyekuru during his good times at Gala, Anderlecht or Eupen.

But now that he cannot get a goal, he's damn average.
Baba,Onyekwuru is highly rated here but I always seeing him as average player but not carpenter as my good friend Charkesemeka used to call some players.....I never rate him,and average player is a good player by my own standard cos he can still become a class in the future depends on his age.....I cited Akpom cos I knew he is not better than Onyekwuru.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

There are only three distinctions in football.

Below average. Poor
Average. Good
Above average. Excellent.

A world class player is an above average player who has performed consistently at the highest level.
An elite player is a world class player who has achieved consistent success at the highest level.

So I don't understand where you are headed, because I never said anything other than this.

Then all super eagle players are average and below average if we are to go by what you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
jihday:
the problem with you is your thinking is narrow, it doesn’t have to be black or white. He can manage expectations, he was being an optimist instead of being a realist. PS: I’m not a fan of Groundnut Rohr

What you fail to comprehend Mr Jihday is that an optimist is a realist.

Just brood on this.
Don't fight this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
I disagree a bit with how you listed your distinctions.

You can be below average but not piss poor. For instance Ekong is below average he will give you 5/10 performances but not usually horrible.

You can't be average and be considered good in football terms. Mikel was good never average for example.

Above average can never be equated to excellent. Above average is like saying that ''bros dey try sha'' while excellent is world class levels

TheLoneCitizen:

There are only three distinctions in football.

Below average. Poor
Average. Good
Above average. Excellent.

A world class player is an above average player who has performed consistently at the highest level.
An elite player is a world class player who has achieved consistent success at the highest level.

So I don't understand where you are headed, because I never said anything other than this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Then all super eagle players are average and below average if we are to go by what you said

Ndidi is above average,osimen too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Moffi is never above average abeg

He is.

The Terem Moffi that i have seen, is above average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ndidi is above average... As a defensive midfielder, his stats are world class... The only thing stopping him from getting the recognition he deserves is that he isn't playing for a big team yet...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
chrisooblog:

You can be below average but not piss poor. For instance Ekong is below average he will give you 5/10 performances but not usually horrible.

You can't be average and be considered good in football terms. Mikel was good never average for example.

Above average can never be equated to excellent. Above average is like saying that ''bros dey try sha'' while excellent is world class levels

l do admire your takes, Mr Chrisoblog.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Danielnino00:

Ndidi is above average... As a defensive midfielder, his stats are world class... The only thing stopping him from getting the recognition he deserves is that he isn't playing for a big team yet...

I just go by the way him take Dey judge him players

You should have seen me here even arguing with some monikers severally that ndidi is world class,but I later settled for him being above average

And yes only playing for a top team is stopping Ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
cromz:

Sure

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks chief

Meliforme:

l do admire your takes, Mr Chrisoblog.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
True sometimes they cross over to good. Ndidi was consistently good for a while but he's dropped to above average.

cromz:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
Seems from all indications, the NFF wants Rohr to continue and he'll lead the team to AFCON. Its worrisome that the NFF can't sack a coach who is underperforming really really worrisome.

Na look we dey look now, it's not only Rohr that will go after the disaster class about to happen in Cameroon. I wish the team well but I'm not expecting anything from them with Rohr in charge

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Danielnino00:

Osaze scored 15 goals as a winger when?

2010/2011 season he scored 15goals as a winger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
haqhaqhaq like I said before one of two things will happen after the AFCON he will be sacked or we won the tournament.

nelszx:
Seems from all indications, the NFF wants Rohr to continue and he'll lead the team to AFCON. Its worrisome that the NFF can't sack a coach who is underperforming really really worrisome.

Na look we dey look now, it's not only Rohr that will go after the disaster class about to happen in Cameroon. I wish the team well but I'm not expecting anything from them with Rohr in charge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
He played more as a forward for West Brom he wasn't permanently stationed on the wing just like Mane or Salah in Liverpool

elyte89:

2010/2011 season he scored 15goals as a winger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
Danielnino00:

Osaze scored 15 goals as a winger when?

Well not all as a winger sha ,most games where CF ,that season was 15 goals and 9 assists
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
chrisooblog:
He played more as a forward for West Brom he wasn't permanently stationed on the wing just like Mane or Salah in Liverpool

That’s true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
nelszx:

NFF can hire another coach, not now but after afcon, Regardless his team performance. Afcon is in two weeks time,sacking him now will have an effect on the performance of the team.

He should lead the team to Cameroun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
lakesidepapa:

NFF can hire another coach, not now but after afcon, Regardless his team performance. Afcon is in two weeks time,sacking him now will have an effect on the performance of the team.

His only saving grace is that, he has met his target thus far. Come ANC, if he doesn’t reach the finals or win it, he can legally be sacked with 100% justification.. it’s sad that we might not get to see our best available players… we should expect collins, musa, simon, ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Philosopher1979:

The scandinavian leagues (sweden, norway et are the best kept secrets of Nigerian football.
Going forward, the following players are the next big thing in Nigerian football.
Time will prove me right

Ishaq Abdulrazaq: The young boy from ifk norkoping is developing into a fine footballer.
He can play as a right winger, wing back or as an attacking midfielder. He is a dani alves like player.
At only 19 he is doing well for his club and will move to the big leago a big league as early as next summer. He has allways been on the radar
of clubs since 217 but i now think he is fullfilling his potentials.

Stephen Odey: He is finally fullfilling his

Least we forget Mikel Obi first played in the Scandinavian league, he went to have a successful career. I think osaze odenwingie as well did play there too

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
nelszx:

Osimhen's injury affected all their original plan and their decision to sack rohr.
They know now that d team won't b strong enough to win afcon without osimhen.

They have no option than to stick with rohr till after afcon,
then they would have enough reason to sack him if the team fails to perfom.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
How can you keep a coach that has struggled to produce a scoring offense and a team that can't win against CV and CAR at home?

I wish this team all the best at AFCON...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
No surprises here

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Onyekuru is an average player ,no need of all these long talk

Onyekuru is definitely above average. We know he can be a world class player if the conditions are met.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
nelszx:

Underperforming how? Which of his targets did he not meet? Rohr will win the nations cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
chrisooblog:
True sometimes they cross over to good. Ndidi was consistently good for a while but he's dropped to above average.

I , personally, don't see these qualities you see in Ndidi. I think Ndidi is part of our problem with SE. I feel he stifles the team creativity. Has not really proved himself in GWG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
lakesidepapa:

sacking him after Afcon wouldn’t make sense, should have been fired after the CAR games

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
chrisooblog:

His classifications are well on point. Everything doesn't have to be spelt out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
IDENNAA:

Onyekuru is definitely above average. We know he can be a world class player if the conditions are met.

Story

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Truidstar:

Underperforming how? Which of his targets did he not meet? Rohr will win the nations cup.
i like this your hope o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Chief that's the issue Ndidi is and has never pretended to be a creative type. His role which he does very well is to shield his defence. The lack of creativity in the middle of the park is down squarely to the level of talent available at the moment. Wilfred at Leicester works with better CMs so he can leave the creative part to the likes of Tielesmans and Maddison. Even without Ndidi the team is still flat creative wise.

Plus it's not just subjectively looking at his game but also at his numbers. Ndidi's stats over the last few seasons stack up well with the best DMs in the game right now.

IDENNAA:

I , personally, don't see these qualities you see in Ndidi. I think Ndidi is part of our problem with SE. I feel he stifles the team creativity. Has not really proved himself in GWG.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11830) (11831) (11832) (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, dymusty86, kennysville(m), Koboko99(m), KpagoGIN(m), chuks404 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.