Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685424 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11983) (11984) (11985) (11986) (11987) (11988) (11989) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2021
ChrisKels:

Don't be unfortunate mate, it was barely two months ago that Lookman officially said yes to Nigeria

Where do bare faced shameless LIARS go

Ademola Lookman has put in place requirements to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles from England, according to Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical assistant Tunde Adelakun.

According to the Technical Assistant of the NFF Tunde Adelakun who revealed that the RB Leipzig midfielder has made known his intention to the Federation with the NFF now waiting on full clearance before finally calling him up.

“Lookman has applied for the switch and all the documents are in order. It’s a positive step forward when made his commitment to Nigeria and we are just waiting for a FIFA clearance.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/lookman-moves-to-switch-allegiance-from-england-to-nigeria/1iehvu1fw8dsw11wn9rc7o5so7

The pertinent thing is to look at the date this was published . I knew this very clearly from my own sources.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08am On Dec 29, 2021
12large1:

Once again, the problem with Nigerians is our tolerance for mediocrity. We have such high tolerance for mediocrity from our leaders and have people justifying it. First of all, Rohr was on “elegbete tv” confirming that Lookman and ejaria were included in his 40 Man ANC squad. (The interview is on YouTube) and what makes you think that an “in form” player at the premier league wouldn’t assimilate and perform at the African soil?? Also, isn’t it much better to give an inform player a chance to prove himself rather than someone that has been given multiple chances and still disappointing.. like I said, we as super eagles fans has to stop accepting mediocrity

This particular mind set is not unique to football but nearly every area of life in Nigeria.

We vote or sell our votes to people that are knowingly corrupt even convicted criminals. We support people not on competence but on the basis of misguided loyalty.

Mediocrity is enthroned mostly not condemned.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:10am On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Everybody cannot go to afcon

The strikers there self are too much

Na just love Una get for Ebuehi ,[s]he only recently started 2 games and did well[/s] ,rohr didn’t call him on his recent squad before he was sacked so I don’t know why you guys are acting surprised

The only reason I want Ebuehi is ahead of shehu abdulahi and that’s all

Calvin bassey rohr no play am when e call am ,so make una cool down

Ebuehi played 13 games this season this season in the Italian league, for context Sanusi played 9 games in the Portuguese league, Shehu Abdullahi played 12 games in Cyprus and Jamilu Collins played 14 games in German division 2 so not only is he out performing them he is doing it in a better league and this one una use Rohr as an an excuse weren't you the ones crying when for Rohr to be sacked because of his cluelessness now you are using his cluelessness to defend another clueless coach

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2021
Kog45:
Wow....Ndubuisi Ndah Son right.ex Ranger international and former captain of home based 1996 U 23 team that later gave way to Kanu Nwankwo led Atlanta 96 team.

Yes exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2021
12large1:

Once again, the problem with Nigerians is our tolerance for mediocrity. We have such high tolerance for mediocrity from our leaders and have people justifying it. First of all, Rohr was on “elegbete tv” confirming that Lookman and ejaria were included in his 40 Man ANC squad. (The interview is on YouTube) and what makes you think that an “in form” player at the premier league wouldn’t assimilate and perform at the African soil?? Also, isn’t it much better to give an inform player a chance to prove himself rather than someone that has been given multiple chances and still disappointing.. like I said, we as super eagles fans has to stop accepting mediocrity

Nawa o, look at people calling for Rohr to be sacked using 'Rohr didn't invite Bassey' to make excuses for a local coach, this people will torelate mediocrity as far as its one of their own doing it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2021
Subzero047:

Nawa o, look at people calling for Rohr to be sacked using 'Rohr didn't invite Bassey' to make excuses for a local coach, this people will torelate mediocrity as far as its one of their own doing it.

bros E surprise you No let am surprise you ooo,

yet it take our own local coach sleepless night to draft a list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:20am On Dec 29, 2021
do4luv14:

bros E surprise you No let am surprise you ooo,

yet it take our own local coach sleepless night to draft a list

E take am sleepless night to remove foreign borns from the list grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2021
dijon:
Lookman was part of the 40 man list submitted by Rorh, but Naija magic did abracadabra so as to be political correct. Hope one day fairness and justice we be our way of life.

You are naive if you think Lookman would have made the final list If Rohr was in charge..

You should first ask whether his switch has been completed,because after so many months of story, it officially started 2 months ago, as confirmed by Lookman himself..

Like I said before, hypocrisy is all I'm seeing here... All the foreign born players you guys are crying for where never wanted by Rohr himself.. But some of you have swore never to see anything good in our local coach..

After AFCON, Eguavon may be gone and another foreign coach will take over, then una go rest...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2021
Kog45:
Pls is super eagles now for foreign borns?

Rohr and NFF should be blamed for Lookman and Ejaria omission...

Rohr should be blamed for Akpoguma omission cos when it matter most,Rohr keep on using underperforming Ekong ahead of Akpoguma meaning he is not good enough......

Rohr nailed Ebuehi and Semi cos he refused to extend invitations to them....

Rohr invited Bassey once and no coach will drop Collins or Zanusi for him.

If I have my way I will pick Akpoguma and Ebuehi to Afcon.....Olisa/Ekong out for Akpoguma and Shehu Abdullahi out for Ebuehi.

I think post Afcon we are going to see more players in eagles fold.

Nothing but facts here..
Inferior complexity won't allow some people admit it..leave them...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2021
Danielnino00:

You are naive if you think Lookman would have made the final list If Rohr was in charge..

You should first ask whether his switch has been completed,because after so many months of story, it officially started 2 months ago, as confirmed by Lookman himself..

Like I said before, hypocrisy is all I'm seeing here... All the foreign born players you guys are crying for where never wanted by Rohr himself.. But some of you have swore never to see anything good in our local coach..

After AFCON, Eguavon may be gone and another foreign coach will take over, then una go rest...

Rohr confirmed on “elegbete tv” (it’s on YouTube) that Lookman name is among the list of 40 men submitted by NFF to caf for this upcoming ANC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fluteman: 11:28am On Dec 29, 2021
chrisooblog:
Chief it's ok. We don't do tribal or ethnic talk here. You are always welcome to discuss football or sports related topics here. God bless.

I apologize bro if my post came off condescending..just dat u will agree dat many people use stereotypes similar to that a lot.. It got me triggered. I just read and enjoy the thread like so many. Well done bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2021
12large1:

Rohr confirmed on “elegbete tv” (it’s on YouTube) that Lookman name is among the list of 40 men submitted by NFF to caf for this upcoming ANC

It didn't mean anything... Micheal Olise name was once on one of the standby list for our sqaud one time, and he hasn't declared to play for us...
Has Lookman been cleared? that's the issue...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fluteman: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2021
ChrisKels:

Bros take your frustrations somewhere else because it is obvious you didn't get the joke because you have no idea why he made that post. Prostration is imbibed in Yoruba culture and he was only making mockery of me knowing that I'm not Yoruba like him, but when I was faced with some difficulties I adopted the Yoruba prostration culture and suddenly became humble. The story is deep.

You are not more Yoruba than the guy you quoted
I ain't frustrated bro..the post just came off as offending. And it's similar to many instances I've come across in this forum. Like I said, I just read and enjoy the thread, your contributions are solid. Stay blessed bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2021
Subzero047:

Ebuehi played 13 games this season this season in the Italian league, for context Sanusi played 9 games in the Portuguese league, Shehu Abdullahi played 12 games in Cyprus and Jamilu Collins played 14 games in German division 2 so not only is he out performing them he is doing it in a better league and this one una use Rohr as an an excuse weren't you the ones crying when for Rohr to be sacked because of his cluelessness now you are using his cluelessness to defend another clueless coach

Ebuehi over shehu abdulahi for the RB anyday anytime

Well don’t make it look like Ebuehi started all the 13 games he played grin

stop being pained about the new coach with your dead agenda of the exclusion of foreign born players

Rohr didn’t call Ebuehi in his last squad

Ebuehi will not currently get into Porto team and you cannot compare Venezia with Porto ,better league or not Porto are far far ahead of Venezia

You go wail tire cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2021
It's cool bro. Hope to see more of your contributions in the future smiley

fluteman:
I apologize bro if my post came off condescending..just dat u will agree dat many people use stereotypes similar to that a lot.. It got me triggered. I just read and enjoy the thread like so many. Well done bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ebuehi over shehu abdulahi for the RB anyday anytime

Well don’t make it look like Ebuehi started all the 13 games he played grin

stop being pained about the new coach with your dead agenda of the exclusion of foreign born players

Rohr didn’t call Ebuehi in his last squad

Ebuehi will not currently get into Porto team and you cannot compare Venezia with Porto ,better league or not Porto are far far ahead of Venezia

You go wail tire cheesy

Ebuehi supposed to be in the squad this your talk of getting into Porto team is talk for another day, so if you criticize Rohr for his selection it is okay but if you criticize Eguavoen it is agenda, you see your life?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2021
Subzero047:

Ebuehi supposed to be in the squad this your talk of getting into Porto team is talk for another day, so if you criticize Rohr for his selection it is okay but if you criticize Eguavoen it is agenda, you see your life?

He he suppose to be in the squad ahead of shehu .

Na eguavoen commot foreign born cheesy cheesy

If you where ranting eguavoen Ommited akpoguma for Olise ndah e for better

Na still rohr squad eguavoen give you yet you are complaining
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2021
nelszx:

It's just that there are very few videos of him or his games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKZAZVPKp5M

But I know it doesn't looks shaky or indecisive with aerial balls like Ekong does.
Ekong dey shaky shaky like leaf for breeze. Not good at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2021
Kog45:
Pls is super eagles now for foreign borns?

Rohr and NFF should be blamed for Lookman and Ejaria omission...

Rohr should be blamed for Akpoguma omission cos when it matter most,Rohr keep on using underperforming Ekong ahead of Akpoguma meaning he is not good enough......

Rohr nailed Ebuehi and Semi cos he refused to extend invitations to them....

Rohr invited Bassey once and no coach will drop Collins or Zanusi for him.

If I have my way I will pick Akpoguma and Ebuehi to Afcon.....Olisa/Ekong out for Akpoguma and Shehu Abdullahi out for Ebuehi.

I think post Afcon we are going to see more players in eagles fold.

Subzero pls read
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Na still right squad eguavoen give you yet you are complaining

Hmm you are not even making sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2021
Mujtahida:

Ekong dey shaky shaky like leaf for breeze. Not good at all.
If I have my way Balogun/Awaziem but if Ndah can bring Oboboana treatment in then Balogun/Ndah.....Ekong no for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2021
Kog45:
Subzero pls read

If we are still using Rohr's selections why did we sack Rohr again, you have listed the changes you would have made if you were the coach why are you now making excuses for a coach who has been paid to make them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2021
Kog45:
If I have my way Balogun/Awaziem but if Ndah can bring Oboboana treatment in then Balogun/Ndah.....Ekong no for me.
Big no. He has regressed. He should be relegated to the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2021
I know lookman scoring yesterday will shut many up here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Na still rohr squad eguavoen give you yet you are complaining
Can you hear yourself

Like we didn't complain about rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by POSITIVEBRAINS: 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
Even balogue nah suspect for our defence line

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Subzero047:
I hope Eguavoen is sacked immediately after the Afcon so the new coach can integrate these foreign borns
even rumor has it that he has home based players in standby to join the team in camp

I can’t wait for him sacked I swear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
POSITIVEBRAINS:
Even balogue nah suspect for our defence line
I just dey look people way dey complain about ekong

Na Balogun worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
I know lookman scoring yesterday will shut many up here
The goal was good. The turn, the sprint, he did good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:
even rumor has it that he has home based players in standby to join the team in camp

Wetin tinneh no go see for NL.
Folks already wishing sack for person weh never even debut one game...it is well bukayo saka's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Subzero047:

If we are still using Rohr's selections why did we sack Rohr again, you have listed the changes you would have made if you were the coach why are you now making excuses for a coach who has been paid to make them

So Eguavoen, should have done what exactly, overhaul the existing team just two weeks to a major tournament.
His best bet was to stick with the existing players and only make necessary changes, he can then integrate 'new players' post AFCON.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
charlesemeka85:

He isn't going to get sacked.. He is an interim coach..
Don't worry, after AFCON, Mourinho assistant will take charge.. I don't think you were ever a fan of Mourinho.. But I don't think you will mind any of his assistant taking charge of the team, so far na Oyinbo him be...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11983) (11984) (11985) (11986) (11987) (11988) (11989) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), gamaliel9, Odunayaw(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.