Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705029 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12008) (12009) (12010) (12011) (12012) (12013) (12014) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2021
Elock1:
I swear.. I follo him on Twitter, and most times dy guy dy yarn dust, he no too get social ethics.

But wetin concern me with am na football.
that guy is a street brought up.. everyone can not be a gentleman..

Dude is the only player that fought to be in this nations cup.. I bet he must have gone verbal or even physical with his employees..

We need more streets like him rather than gentlemen

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2021
Please, does it means that nwakaeme, dessers and amoo are not Nigerians?? They’re the ones that should be invited as replacement.. nna In this life, have connections

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2021
Did you just hear what MAO said concerning Dennis? He was never invited alongside with others, instead Rohr sneaked in his name late after the backlash from fans when the boy started scoring. So Ranieri was right, Dennis's invite came later than Ekong's, and it was Rohr that did it that way because he never wanted Dennis

Famocious:

Thanks, I've joined as well grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2021
You are absolutely naive about this. Is it CAF that sends list to clubside? Ask yourself why Ekong got invite within the stipulated time and Dennis not and they play in the same club!!

Amaju led NFF has totally destroyed all facet of our football.
dkay51:

Not everytime blame NFF, if CAF didnt complain that we sent in our list late, why would any club make that complaint and no other club complained o. What's so special about Watford?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:
Did you just hear what MAO said concerning Dennis? He was never invited alongside with others, instead Rohr sneaked in his name late after the backlash from fans when the boy started scoring

Exactly. He did what is best for him. The last time mikel attended Olympics against conte wish was the end of his Chelsea career. See how nwakaeme, dessers and akpoguma are treated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2021
seankafor:
that guy is a street brought up.. everyone can not be a gentleman..

Dude is the only player that fought to be in this nations cup.. I bet he must have gone verbal or even physical with his employees..

We need more streets like him rather than gentlemen
there is a difference btw being a street nigga and being rude to your fans...fighting to be in the nation's cup has nothing to do with him being hostile to his fans
He is a public figure now and some misyarns can affect his brand

But what do I know sef.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2021
Joebie:
haha.. I no understand that statement when u dey agree to

Replacing osimhen with an out of form onyekuru is bias nah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:32am On Dec 31, 2021
12large1:
Please, does it means that nwakaeme, dessers and amoo are not Nigerians?? They’re the ones that should be invited as replacement.. nna I’m this life, have connect
Oga rest. Better still, go and submit your own list to CAF. Stop nagging, you're a man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2021
Force majeure bro
dkay51:

I'm saying if that's their reason then its not legitimate, because we're calling up replacements who were not previously informed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2021
12large1:

Exactly. He did what is best for him. The last time mikel attended Olympics against conte wish was the end of his Chelsea career. See how nwakaeme, dessers and akpoguma are treated

It was Rohr that caused it all. He never had Dennis's name in that 40 man list, hence he was never sent invitation when others got theirs. It was later after the backlash that he decided to add Dennis and also send him invite, hence Ranieri took this action.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:
Did you just hear what MAO said concerning Dennis? He was never invited alongside with others, instead Rohr sneaked in his name late after the backlash from fans when the boy started scoring. So Ranieri was right, Dennis's invite came later than Ekong's, and it was Rohr that did it that way because he never wanted Dennis

Lol..dem no go blame rohr now cos na white..if na eguavoen do DT one..emeka for don strip himself naked protesting grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2021
I like how the uproar over Victor and Dennis missing the Afcon has made people forget we even have proven performers like Ighalo, Musa and even iwobi in the team.

This means little pressure on them and I hope they become our jokers during the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

Rohr never rated Dennis, he had to bulge to pressures from fans before sneaking in his name to the list. On the other hand, Dennis doesn't rate us either. I don't think he has that Osimhen kind of love for this country. I think it's best he stays with his club while those who have hunger to play come in to don our jerseys..

By the way, most of the speakers on the space are bit pessimistic as if all other countries are doing something fantastic as regards preparation at the moment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:
Ojora Babatunde and David Doherty are currently hosting a space to discuss this topic on Twitter. You can join to contribute and also listen to some of the best brains

Thesupernerd, SafariGirl and I are currently active in the space

Dem just dey cry for there too, there's enough crying on this thread already grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2021
seankafor:
you re too gentleman for my liking..

Italians are like poisons, they will silently sting you and watch you gasp for breathe..

If nff doesn't trigger that fifa clause and pay Watford in their own coins.. I'll never forgive pinnick and his croons

Let us shun the fight and focus on perfecting our plans in the future. It is a case of courtesy. Ranieri has said no. We move on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Changes to Super Eagles’ list;

Henry Onyekuru replaces Victor Osimhen (Covid)

Semi Ajayi replaces Leon Balogun (Injury)

Peter Olayinka replaces Emmanuel Dennis (Club issues)

Tyrone Ebuehi replaces Shehu Abdullahi (Injury)
source please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2021
elyte89:

Lol..dem no go blame rohr now cos na white..if na eguavoen do DT one..emeka for don strip himself naked protesting grin

Emeka is never someone to be taken seriously when matters devoid of sentiments and emotions are on the desk.

Emeka na real cruise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

even at that, how about these recent replacements, so the clubs can decide not to release them too undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2021
CaptainStephen:
I like how the uproar over Victor and Dennis missing the Afcon has made people forget we even have proven performers like Ighalo, Musa and even iwobi in the team.

This means little pressure on them and I hope they become our jokers during the tournament.
Nothing new
We’d only get bronze again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2021
Guy, its quota system and not Rorh, i bet you if Sadiq and Sanusi was not called up, Shehu will go to Afcon injury or no injury. Have you forgotten he was in the last Afcon while injured.
Danielnino00:

Rohr pampered him by making him feel like the RB role was his own, despite the availability of Ebuehi and Aina...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:39am On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

Sub-Zero and Emeka the oyibo ass licking fellows won't see this allegations..

Rohr ignored Dennis at the start of the season when he was in form..He even went as far as bringing back Ighalo..
But Dennis no be foreign born,so they don't care..
The hypocrisy!!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2021
Joebie:
There are exceptions to almost everything. We know our AFCON win under Keshi came as a surprise.

Whatever level we reach in AFCON has come as a surprise for at least a decade now.

I do not recall a time of recent when we have gone for AFCON with very high confidence or when that confidence has been justified. It is always doubt.

Like I said, generally, I expect anything to happen after group stage. I also said that a team can win all their games in group stage and lose to a team that could only win one, so, minus Keshi sef, we saw what happened to Morocco in the last AFCON.

The group stage is the main thing, anything else is hit or miss more often than not

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2021
yinkeys:

Nothing new
We’d only get bronze again
I hope we do better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2021
I wish they can just invite that lil nigga amoo make we enjoy ourselves at this tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2021
Eizzy003:
So it was Jose Peseiro the new Eagles coach that gave Awaziem his debut in Porto, so we might likely see more of Awaziem in our starting lineup

No be by that one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2021
dijon:
Guy, its quota system and not Rorh, i bet you if Sadiq and Sanusi was not called up, Shehu will go to Afcon injury or no injury. Have you forgotten he was in the last Afcon while injured.

Quota system might have gotten him his call up, but it didn't get him the right to start games ahead of Ebuehi and Aina...Shehu on the right wing suits Rohr conservative style very well.. Ebuehi and Aina are more adventurous and don't like to sit back that much..
Why do u think Rohr dropped Aina for Collins ahead of that semi final against Algeria despite the fact that Aina was in form and Collins just returned from an injury??

It's the same reason he preferred Simon as a wingback ahead of Aina...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2021
seankafor:
even at that, how about these recent replacements, so the clubs can decide not to release them too undecided

Bros does it mean that you don't know how these things work? Whoever his name is on the 40man list is liable to be released by his club whenever he is wanted within the stipulated time of the tournament organising body, weather you made the 28man list or not.

These are simple rules you ought to have known by now Darlington nwanne m
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2021
Is Salah dispensable?
safarigirl:

Ekong is dispensable, Dennis isn't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2021
Ikanium:
NFF COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT                   

Health concerns, injuries constrain changes to Nigeria’s final 28-man list for AFCON 2021

Lively forward Victor Osimhen’s positive test to the coronavirus pandemic a couple of days ago and injury to the versatile Abdullahi Shehu have constrained changes to Nigeria’s final 28-man list for the 33rd Africa Cup of Nations starting in Cameroon next weekend.

The goalkeeping department is untouched, but the forced exclusion of Cyprus –based Shehu, who can slot easily into sections of the defence and midfield, has made way for hard-as-nails right back Tyrone Ebuehi, now with Venezia in the Italian Serie A, and England –based Oluwasemilogo Ajayi returns to the group for Africa’s flagship football championship following injury to centre-back Leon Balogun. Ajayi can also play as a midfielder.

Osimhen’s absence paves way for Greece-based Henry Onyekuru who was also at the last finals in Egypt. In-form rapid raider Emmanuel Dennis, whose English Premiership club is baring fangs, has been excused to provide room for Czech Republic –based forward Peter Olayinka.

The 33rd Africa Cup of Nations finals will end on 6th February.   

SUPER EAGLES’ SQUAD FOR 33RD AFCON CAMEROON 2021

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (AC Omonia, Cyprus); John Noble (Enyimba FC); Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

Defenders: Chidozie Awaziem (Alanyaspor FC, Turkey); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Tyrone Ebuehi (Venezia FC, Italy); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Olisa Ndah (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)

Midfielders: Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Galsgow Rangers, Scotland); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Chidera Ejuke (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Kelechi Nwakali (SD Huesca, Spain)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Fatih Karagumruk, Turkey); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Henry Onyekuru (Olympiacos FC, Greece); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Sadiq Umar (UD Almeria, Spain); Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin, Germany); Odion Jude Ighalo (Al-Shabab Riyadh, Saudi Arabia); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Peter Olayinka (SK Slavia Praha, Czech Republic)

Ebuehi is now there ,the rantings here should reduce

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2021
Famocious:

Rohr never rated Dennis, he had to bulge to pressures from fans before sneaking in his name to the list. On the other hand, Dennis doesn't rate us either. I don't think he has that Osimhen kind of love for this country. I think it's best he stays with his club while those who have hunger to play come in to don our jerseys..

By the way, most of the speakers on the space are bit pessimistic as if all other countries are doing something fantastic as regards preparation at the moment.

They are being so pessimistic.

I even feel bad for the players that are going, because wetin other countries dey do?

Person even come dey mention Ivory Coast, like say no be them lose World Cup qualification recently. Are they better than the Drogba team?

Wetin Morocco dey do? Wetin Senegal sef dey play? Abi na name dey play AFCON?

Me I have not seen what other teams are doing exceptionally. It is only Algeria I am even reasoning, the rest na as sun take rise we go know as e go be.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2021
lovewins:
Updated Eagles list

Dennis, Osimhen, Shehu, Balogun Out

Olayinka, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Ajayi in

At least Ebuehi and ajayi Na foreign born

I will be waiting for those monikers that said the coaching crew are against foreign born

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2021
dijon:
Is Salah dispensable?

Are you comparing Liverpool that is in Top 4 to Watford that is battling relegation?

Or are you comparing Dennis to Salah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12008) (12009) (12010) (12011) (12012) (12013) (12014) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), Amedino99(m), chuks404, jihday(m), Impeccable5248(m), elyte89, BannedLarge, sureleads and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.