Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694135 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12015) (12016) (12017) (12018) (12019) (12020) (12021) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Abeg, make nobody complain if Dennis no go WC o.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2021
dijon:
Apple and oranges.....Liverpool chasing after the league, Watford fighting to escape relegation.

Is Salah dispensable?
Liverpool chasing which league?

League wey City don carry

Why you no ask whether Mahrez is dispensable to City?

Does Watford have any striker in the mould of Firmino or even hit and miss Origi? Do they have a TAA in their team that can create and score goals while defending? Do they have a Henderson? Do they have any player that can step up in the absence of Dennis? Bear in mind they also have to let go of Sarr the only other potent player in the team.

How can you compare both players or both teams? Who Watford get wey fit step up? Liverpool has up to 6 players at least that can step up, Watford have nobody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
humility33:

You see bro
I won't blame pinnick for this one
That General sec who is a permanent sec. Is to be blamed

He messed this up

You need not blame him, there are thing in which he had no control over, of which if he decides to intervene it's called interference

take that obsolete technical committee, if he decides to bypass them, cos they are not doing their duty, we know the outcome, Same with the recent appointment of Jose Peseiro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
jihday:
he wanted assurances that he’ll start

When you ain't treated like everyone else, there is always a need to ask for assurances especially when you appreciate your value.

If Rohr had invited him when he invited others, Dennis wouldn't ask for assurances, if actually he did ask for one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Emeka just Dey look you

If nwakali no impress your own finish grin
cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
Subzero047:
Waiting for when Eguavoen delivers his first disasterclass at Afcon and the blame is heaped on Rohr

How you manage to live with so much bile inside you is baffling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

When you ain't treated like everyone else, there is always a need to ask for assurances especially when you appreciate your value.

If Rohr had invited him when he invited others, Dennis wouldn't ask for assurances, if actually he did ask for one.
I mean Rohr invites 23 players and will end up using less than 15 across two games. Players like Ebuehi and Aina actually deserve praise for never failing to turn up when invited despite knowing they won’t get game time

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lukaku will continue starting games for Chelsea and inter will have him back for half the price grin
I swear dis guy comments shock me, dis guy was 1 of my favorite strikers, a professional footballer shouldn't be saying this, and he is just 4 months into his contract. Tuchel no just get mind na it make.
Even when Werner bin da e worst form he no comot this kind tin for mouth, he always tried his best to keep playing for the badge with a smiling face, but u wer claim sa u love da club with all your spirit and soul come da yarn rubbish.
The guy ma just con artist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dennis really loved Watford. While other players chose to help their countries, he volunteered to stay and save the club. Greater love has no than this grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:
Dennis really loved Watford. While other players chose to help their countries, he volunteered to stay and save the club. Greater love has no than this grin grin grin
Watford needs him more than we do

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
Astrid4:

Shey nah only him to get injury this season
Kante had injuries too, immediately rushed back to the team, if he is that important to viera team then he won't be on bench for 4 games and making the squad in 6 games. Crystal palace is having dope games without him,will he bench callagher that he is on red hot form? let's not forget callagher has been keeping olise on bench.

This boy you be olodo rabata as in, confirmed itibolibo. So, Connor Gallagher a central Midfielder is benching Oliseh a WF/AM, and Eze another WF/AM lol grin

No wonder you are a Chelsea fan grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:
Dennis really loved Watford. While other players chose to help their countries, he volunteered to stay and help the club. Greater love has no than this grin grin grin

I don't blame him actually
Watford believed in him when he was written off as a flop and a poor attitude player
On the other hand, Rohr never believed in him and never really valued him, then out of the blues, you send him an invite and expect him to leave everything else and show up?
Especially when it's clear Watford need him more now
Bear in mind, he's the 4th highest goal scorer this season with 8 goals

This may be unpopular,but I don't blame the kid

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
zuchyblink:
Watford needs him more than we do

Yeah. We might not even need him in Qatar (if we qualify).

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ikanium:
This guy always identifies with the Eagles. It's so sad they tagged him a Broiler not suited for African football grin grin

This thing dey pain me ooo. They should have called this guy, na.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Dennis should be careful. International football is important.
Another player could start shining a few months from now and it will make us forget about him.
We have many young players scattered in Europe waiting for a chance to shine in the top 5 leagues.
playing at the world cup will boost his reputation to no limits.
This is what made Ahmed Musa earn his place in Nigeria and it is even helping his club career.
If dennis plays well in the nations cup, then he can go to the world cup and play well and this will boost his career
and cement his international career.
Anyone can go and take his place at anytime. Football is unpredictable and fickle.
What if peter olaynka, collins yira sor, akinkunmi amoo etc move to a top 5 league next season and
start doing something spectacular or peter olayinka takes the nations cup by storm and moves
to a better league.
Nigeria has too many good players for him to be doing shakara.
The future will surprise him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
Nigeria will win AFCON 2021

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
forgiveness:

This thing dey pain me ooo. They should have called this guy, na.

Unfortunately he will still be on the bench if called
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dennis just kukuma played himself...

I really wanted to see him, Nigeria fans clamoured for him to be included, he should have respected that and come for afcon, he was easily going to be a fan favourite...

Meanwhile I said he played himself, because Nigerian football and fans don't forgive.. grin.

He probably doesn't care about international football, so let me be enjoying him for my FPL jare.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

Watford believed in him when he was written off as a flop and a poor attitude player
On the other hand, Rohr never believed in him and never really valued him, then out of the blues, you send him an invite and expect him to leave everything else and show up?

Let him stay na, we go dey alright
I feel the replacements will live up to expectations
I know we'd play the finals on Feb 6th

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Danielnino00:

I liked that guy better when he was using his earthquake moniker... These days, he just dey yarn dust... especially with his "unpopular opinion" nonsense

You this man, that is how you use sense to exclude me from the Football Awards Committee

So, my dark views are unwanted abi Daniel??

I no say you no kuku like me before undecided

I am going to protest to NFF. This is a sacrilege

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Dennis should be careful. International football is important.
Another player could start shining a few months from now and it will make us forget about him.
We have many young players scattered in Europe waiting for a chance to shine in the top 5 leagues.
playing at the world cup will boost his reputation to no limits.
This is what made Ahmed Musa earn his place in Nigeria and it is even helping his club career.
If dennis plays well in the nations cup, then he can go to the world cup and play well and this will boost his career
and cement his international career.
Anyone can go and take his place at anytime. Football is unpredictable and fickle.
What if peter olaynka, collins yira sor, akinkunmi amoo etc move to a top 5 league next season and
start doing something spectacular or peter olayinka takes the nations cup by storm and moves
to a better league.
Nigeria has too many good players for him to be doing shakara.
The future will surprise him

Trust me,he doesn't mind or care
His Watford form is enough to get him into a top 6 team in the EPL
And if he keeps working hard, he would be up there with the best
International football has its place
But let's face it, Dennis made it without international football. We didn't value him enough. He knows he doesn't need us to rise
Unfortunately that's the truth

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:
Why would he waste a Month of his time just to come sit on the bench for possibly inferior players when he can stay at watford and be useful?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

Loyalty is everything bro. I hope you will not also complain when other players who got a call up at the last hour (and still honoured it) make subsequent SE squads at his expense.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dannyxy:
Dennis just kukuma played himself...

I really wanted to see him, Nigeria fans clamoured for him to be included, he should have respected that and come for afcon, he was easily going to be a fan favourite...

Meanwhile I said he played himself, because Nigerian football and fans don't forgive.. grin.

He probably doesn't care about international football, so let me be enjoying him for my FPL jare.

yeye man

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2021
nelszx:

Let him stay na, we go dey alright
I feel the replacements will live up to expectations
I know we'd play the finals on Feb 6th

Correct guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2021
nelszx:
Nigeria will win AFCON 2021
amen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2021
humility33:

If it is true
Dennis should be left alone
He is not fit for super eagles
It is utterly disrespectful to make such demands

That news is old news

To be honest, I expected the whole Dennis debacle to play out this way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2021
jihday:
true, Watford and Ranieri wouldn’t want to stop him because they wouldn’t want any form of backlash but Dennis unwillingness to come made it easy for them. I hope he’ll be dropped in future games

why should he be axed from future games, he recent attitude towards the SE call-up, is as a result of Rohr,

you invites a player struggling to put down a starting shirt, yet you refuse to play him, then stop calling him, And it toke an outburst from fans to include him in the 40man list,

bros what did that tells you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
kendrick93:

Why would he waste a Month of his time just to come sit on the bench for possibly inferior players when he can stay at watford and be useful?

Who told you he is going to stay on the bench?. Why will a player be seeking assurances of first team football before honouring a call up?. Did other players come to sell groundnuts?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Loyalty is everything bro. I hope you will not also complain when other players who got a call up at the last hour (and still honoured it) make subsequent SE squads at his expense.

Loyalty to who exactly?
We who never cared about him or Watford who believed in him when we all wrote him off as a flop because of his stint in Germany?

Going by the way he was treated by Rohr and NFF, I don't blame him
I am not supporting his actions, but I understand his thinking

He would probably even be on the bench if he made it to the AFCON, make we no deceive ourselves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
He has been consistent in what in the Championiship? Dribbles? End product wise he was not better than Olise last season.

Astrid4:

He has not earn wetin??
Why una dey analyse football like
Emmanuel Dennis had how many goals with koln last season?? Zero goals now he is the hottest prospect in the biggest league in the world (EPL) He has been consistent in the championship for the past 3 seasons he is arguably one of their best midfielders,he is on course for greater things he is just unfortunate to be in a very stupid team, he had more dribbles than danjuma last season in championship now danjuma is playing in laliga,Reading is a non ambitious team,olise was just fortunate cos of his age and of course media hype that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
If he really made that request then dude is seriously capping.

I appreciate Dennis's talent and I would like him to be in the team but dude hasn't done anything yet in the national team to be making such demands for assurance.

Even Ibrahimovic whose ego is the size of Jupiter has a great track record, so when he makes demands you know he can back it up.

Emmanuel needs to be careful to not make himself the infant terrible of football. You fight club, you fight national team is not something you should be proud to have on your CV.

Las Las players like Cantona, Roy Keane and Redondo were great but we all know what poor attitude caused them with their national teams.

ChrisKels:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12015) (12016) (12017) (12018) (12019) (12020) (12021) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, comodo, Ajd19, Nomyth, superbloke(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.