Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,691 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694978 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12016) (12017) (12018) (12019) (12020) (12021) (12022) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
Eizzy003:

I swear dis guy comments shock me, dis guy was 1 of my favorite strikers, a professional footballer shouldn't be saying this, and he is just 4 months into his contract. Tuchel no just get mind na it make.
Even when Werner bin da e worst form he no comot this kind tin for mouth, he always tried his best to keep playing for the badge with a smiling face, but u wer claim sa u love da club with all your spirit and soul come da yarn rubbish.
The guy ma just con artist.

Lukaku and Chelsea will be fine

He will win over the fans soon

Shit happens bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
do4luv14:

why should he be axed from future games, he recent attitude towards the SE call-up, is as a result of Rohr,

you invites a player struggling to put down a starting shirt, yet you refuse to play him, then stop calling him, And it toke an outburst from fans to include him in the 40man list,

bros what did that tells you

Is Rohr a Nigerian?. Even if he is, Is Dennis serving Rohr or 200m Nigerians?. Is Rohr still our coach?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ivory Coast, having already lost out of the World Cup qualification race will be out to redeem something. But I would watch the group stage to see if they mean business.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Rohr has sha been sacked if that is what was doing him.

do4luv14:

why should he be axed from future games, he recent attitude towards the SE call-up, is as a result of Rohr,

you invites a player struggling to put down a starting shirt, yet you refuse to play him, then stop calling him, And it toke an outburst from fans to include him in the 40man list,

bros what did that tells you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK o:

Who told you he is going to stay on the bench?. Why will a player be seeking assurances of first team football before honouring a call up?. Did other players come to sell groundnuts?
Based on past precedent,
Why shouldn't he?
He knows his worth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oasis001:
grin

Lol..... una go miss Dennis? Seriously? Like he has been balling for Super Eagles since beginning of the Year. Until you kick ball for Super Eagles, your Club form doesn't matter.

Una want Shehu out.... he's out. Una want Ebuehi in..... he finally made the List. What next?! Oh! Kelvin.... LMAO. Same Kelvin that Rohr didn't trust to start Matches?

Kingsley Michael deserves to be on the List, no uproar over him missing on the List, perhaps because he's not Fans' favourite yet?!

Dessers?.... Same Guy our Oyinbo Coach dey snub, na em come become hybrid of Messi and CR7?!

Una sha must wail. Austin is already being called name. Is it because he's not white? We'll rather trust 1 Rohr over 100,000 Siasia or Amuneke.

E be things.

I agree with most of what you said

I don't think we will miss Dennis tbh

In fact, his exclusion is a blessing in disguise

BTW, Algeria to win, Senegal to come second and Tunisia/Morroco?egypt for the Bronze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

Trust me,he doesn't mind or care
His Watford form is enough to get him into a top 6 team in the EPL
And if he keeps working hard, he would be up there with the best
International football has its place
But let's face it, Dennis made it without international football. We didn't value him enough. He knows he doesn't need us to rise
Unfortunately that's the truth
I understand his decision. But to be honest, nobody should come and complain here if he never gets invited to play for us ever again. He should keep playing for Watford and become Ronaldo there.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I understand his decision. But to be honest, nobody should come and complain here if he never gets invited to play for us ever again. He should keep playing for Watford and become Ronaldo there.

He will play
I expect Peseiro to invite him
The new Coach knows he needs our best players to succeed
I know he plays attacking football
He will not ignore Dennis like Rohr did
Expect to see him for the WC Qualifiers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

Loyalty to who exactly?
We who never cared about him or Watford who believed in him when we all wrote him off as a flop because of his stint in Germany?

Going by the way he was treated by Rohr and NFF, I don't blame him
I am not supporting his actions, but I understand his thinking

He would probably even be on the bench if he made it to the AFCON, make we no deceive ourselves

Forget Rohr, he is gone. How was he treated by the NFF and how should he has been treated?
What I am saying is that Dennis has shown he is not loyal to his country and he should not expect to be shown any form of consideration in future call ups. If the new coach and the NFF however feels otherwise, it's fine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

When you ain't treated like everyone else, there is always a need to ask for assurances especially when you appreciate your value.

If Rohr had invited him when he invited others, Dennis wouldn't ask for assurances, if actually he did ask for one.

Dead that one abeg, no other play was given assurances before being invited, now you want a particular player to be treated differently so that people will later start shouting egunje up and down this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Forget Rohr, he is gone. How was he treated by the NFF and how should he has been treated?
What I am saying is that Dennis has shown he is not loyal to his country and he should not expect to be shown any form of consideration in future call ups. If the new coach and the NFF however feels otherwise, it's fine.

He will be invited, trust me
Na Rohr spoil things
The new Coach go invite am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2021
kendrick93:

Based on past precedent,
Why shouldn't he?
He knows his worth

Others don't know their value, so they honoured the call ups. Guy, you can't go against your country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2021
The only person I feel for right now is Dessers.

I really feel for him. His passion, desire, and zeal. Yet no recognition and value for him. It hurts though.

But he'll come good next year. The new coach will call him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

He will be invited, trust me
Na Rohr spoil things
The new Coach go invite am

Which time does the coach have to observe him?. Who told him he will maintain his rich form?. Players like Ekong and Musa continue to be invited because there is no time to try new players. No luxury of time in international football brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Yeah. We might not even need him in Qatar (if we qualify).

Exactly, why would I as a coach make plans with a player that's not guaranteed to show up? I might as well remove him from my plans alltogether. Nobody should come and cry on this thread when he's excluded from the World Cup list.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
PurpleHouse:

I really feel for him. His passion, desire, and zeal. Yet no recognition and value for him. It hurts though.

Seriously. Just so sad. But one guy is rejecting waiting for first team assurance before coming
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
PurpleHouse:

That's right
We hope we will have a good amount of friendly matches as Rohr did.
Rohr wasted those opportunities to blood in new players and try out different systems

I look forward with great enthusiasm

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Which time does the coach have to observe him?. Who told him he will maintain his rich form?. Players like Ekong and Musa continue to be invited because there is no time to try new players. No luxury of time in international football brother

There is actually
Musa has been here for over 10 years if I'm not mistaken
Dennis will be back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
This Dennis snub pain me sha, I no go lie. I really wanted him to play. There's no way he wouldn't have played either on the left or right or even the number 9 since Osimhen is not coming.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

There is actually
Musa has been here for over 10 years if I'm not mistaken
Dennis will be back.

Of course there is.
Other strikers (who value international football )will stop scoring so as to brighten Lord Dennis chances of being selected.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
Trust me, Dennis will regret his action for the rest of his career. Should we win Afcon, his national team dream is dead. And one day, he will give an interview of how Ranieri messed his ambition up.

We dey here dey wait.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Yeah. We might not even need him in Qatar (if we qualify).
you guys are funny Watford is relegation threatened,is Nigeria relegation threatened? Do Watford have Somebody like Iheanacho,Ighalo, Awoniyi etc to replace Dennis? The truth remains that Watford needs him more than we do,it doesn't mean we don't need him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Of course there is.
Other strikers (who value international football )will stop scoring so as to brighten Lord Dennis chances of being selected.

Lol
I saw the sarcasm
But really
Let's move on
We should support those who will make up the squad
Dennis matter we go sort am after AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
PurpleHouse:
Trust me, Dennis will regret his action for the rest of his career. Should we win Afcon, his national team dream is dead. And one day, he will give an interview of how Ranieri messed his ambition up.

We dey here dey wait.

Don't be so sure brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

That's right
We hope we will have a good amount of friendly matches as Rohr did.
Rohr wasted those opportunities to blood in new players and try out different systems

I look forward with great enthusiasm

It is the musa, ighalo conundrum that is blocking dessers.
When they were clamouring for Ighalo, i was annoyed. Dessers should have played against car and Liberia.
Dessers case proves why we should not ignore foreign borns in the name of loyalty.
Some foreign borns are more loyal than some home grown talent.
Cant we see Dessers seems more commited than emmanuel dennis.
Anyway Musa, Ighalo and moses simon are wasting space in that team.
Better players are queuing up everyday.

Diasporian Nigerians contribution to the Nigerian Economy according to guardian
is 6% of Nigerias GDp

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
Subzero047:
This is from Solace Chukwu on Emmanuel Dennis, for those believing one Mao from Twitter space
very unpatriotic fellow. He should be dump going forward if he can not fight for shirt. Nonesence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
zuchyblink:
you guys are funny Watford is relegation threatened,is Nigeria relegation threatened? Do Watford have Somebody like Iheanacho,Ighalo, Awoniyi etc to replace Dennis? The truth remains that Watford needs him more than we do,it doesn't mean we don't need him

Is he the founder of Watford? Where was he when Deeney and Ighalo became legends there? Didn't they still leave?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bar injury, Dennis would have started every game alongside Chukwueze. He would probably even won Best Player of Afcon. He would sold himself more. And left Watford next season. But him nor get sense.

I feel am I nor go lie. E pain me. But na him lose. On a good day (for the SE) Onyekuru is a beast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
ChrisKels:

This boy you be olodo rabata as in, confirmed itibolibo. So, Connor Gallagher a central Midfielder is benching Oliseh a WF/AM, and Eze another WF/AM lol grin

No wonder you are a Chelsea fan grin
Conor Gallagher is not a CM but you know in Viera setup he plays in a more advanced role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

How you manage to live with so much bile inside you is baffling

Guy don't take it too serious, it's not that deep
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
CODMOK:

Is he the founder of Watford? Where was he when Deeney and Ighalo became legends there? Didn't they still leave?
He has weighed the options, Watford will give him playing time than Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
lbrichman2:

Don't be so sure brother

He could have forced his way. Bleep Watford. Na him give Ranieri mind take block am. And I know Pinnick is very vengful. He will not forget.

You hear Pinnick talk about Eze or Tammy again? After the embracing efforts? Naaah.

Dennis go collect. Unless the NFF has a fault.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12016) (12017) (12018) (12019) (12020) (12021) (12022) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, AndSunGorilla, Kog45(m), geonyte(m), Softbreastt, opes and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.