Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12090) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780122 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12087) (12088) (12089) (12090) (12091) (12092) (12093) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Heatmaps in some cases don’t tell the position of the player but the movement of the player.

In situation where you have to park the bus, the striker will move along the middle of the field. Does that indicate he played as a CM?

If we look at the heatmaps of Man city’s defenders when they dominate teams, how will the heatmap look like?

The point remains that Nwakali has played as an AMF most times throughout his professional club career.

But in this case, it does indicate position because movement here would mainly be within the position zones occupied by the player.

What I showed is accurate because Huesca dominated possession that day vs Alcorcón. 58% vs 42%

And your guy is showing you a diluted heatmap. This is why I prefer the more detailed one from the average players position on the same app, Sofascore.

First one belongs to Adolfo Gaich... the heatmap shows he clearly dropped into a withdrawn attacker role since Munoz intruded more on the right...

2. This is Munoz

3. This is Marc Gual of the Opposition, Alcorcón so you both are confusing yourselves. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Awoniyi chuks Ejuke and Olayinka will impress in this afcon

Olayinka looks like another underrated player

We are watching

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Well, like already said. Ndidi-Nwakali-Aribo remains my first choice.

Ndidi-Onyeka-Nwakali is not a bad trio at all. I have already talked about the balance it also gives. Nwakali is not only adept at long balls but at through balls and lines-breaking passes which is part of why the Ndidi-Onyeka-Nwakali trio looks good theoretically and from analytical POVs merging their attributes.

But shaa, it depends on the opposition.

If it is Algeria we play, then I could consider an Ndidi-Onyeka-Nwakali trio from the start ahead of my first choice trio. It gives us mad energy, solidity, workrate X100 and some measure of control, calm and conduction.

But against some other teams like Ghana or Co... Ndidi-Nwakali-Aribo can more than hold the forte from the start.

It's just my thinking that Aribo could came really good at this tournament. But he is not alone. Nwakali is yet another weapon... But from deep. Aribo is the goal threat in through the middle that can add to whatever goal threats we boast from the wings and in the CF role. He is the attack overload joker.

Any which way, the buck stops at the coach's table. I just wish us well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Meliforme:

Nwakali has the AFCON to show you guys what he is made of.

Yea he does
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Famocious:
Cyriel Dessers called up to replace Odion Ighalo on Eagles' AFCON'21 squad

@ojbsport

Contrary to earlier report from @Ojbsport, seems we are going with 27 players and there wouldn't be a replacement for Ighalo at Afcon. embarassed

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2022
Papi85:
kuku add rabiu Ibrahim

Atleast em shine for u17 world as well

Guy, abeg analyse naa... no carry your fight with Odenigbo come my side ooo. I no want. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Olayinka looks like another underrated player

We are watching

I don’t think Olayinka will get minutes in this Afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

But in this case, it does indicate position because movement here would mainly be within the position zones occupied by the player.

What I showed is accurate because Huesca dominated possession that day vs Alcorcón. 58% vs 42%

And your guy is showing you a diluted heatmap. This is why I prefer the more detailed one from the average players position on the same app, Sofascore.

First one belongs to Adolfo Gaich... the heatmap shows he clearly dropped into a withdrawn attacker role since Munoz intruded more on the right...

2. This is Munoz

3. This is Marc Gual of the Opposition, Alcorcón so you both are confusing yourselves. Lol

Still the same. Gaich moved along the center field. If Gaich dropped into withdrawn attacker role, probably, Nwakali also dropped from his original position to deep attacking midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
Subzero047:

I don’t think Olayinka will get minutes in this Afcon

Hopefully he does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
Famocious:

Contrary to earlier report from @Ojbsport, seems we are going with 27 players and there wouldn't be a replacement for Ighalo at Afcon. embarassed

Stalled law. We are not going with 23 players but 28 players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Heatmaps in some cases don’t tell the position of the player but the movement of the player.

In situation where you have to park the bus, the striker will move along the middle of the field. Does that indicate he played as a CM?

If we look at the heatmaps of Man city’s defenders when they dominate teams, how will the heatmap look like?

The point remains that Nwakali has played as an AMF most times throughout his professional club career.
The point on Nwakali was about his roles this season Egbon, not his entire career. Context is this season alone. 2021/22. Habamana.

Also @bolded....

The heatmaps would still indicated the major positions they took throughout the game alongside snippets of their pop ups in some unnatural positions.

This is Ruben Dias vs Newcastle away from home in the EPL this season. Possession was 28-72 in %.

Ruben clearly played Central defence with major movements around his natural zone as RCB.

Those who saw the game can confirm this as true.

So the detailed Sofascore heatamap is indeed more reliable than their diluted versions and the line up graphics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYYbor6hMrj/?utm_medium=copy_link

E be like does mosquitoes wey dey Cameroon dey para grin grin grin onyekuru dey shout mogbe o Dem don start grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Still the same. Gaich moved along the center field. If Gaich dropped into withdrawn attacker role, probably, Nwakali also dropped from his original position to deep attacking midfield.

Not deep attacking midfield. It's Deep central Midfield. And this exactly brings up most of what I mentioned. Sometimes when he starts a game as the AM, tactical adjustments are made and he begins operating deeper. Watching him regularly showed this a lot. So he's played more central roles than AM this season.
It's only a few times he has started at AM and finished there. (SEE HIS HEATMAP FOR HIS VERY LAST GAME vs Girona BELOW. HE PLAYED AMF).

Munoz is a forward who can play in a 442 as part of a front two or on the right. This explains the tactical adjustment of Gaich to drop a bit into AM/SS positions for Munoz to cut inside into the central forward position. Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Stalled law. We are not going with 23 players but 28 players.

I know that 28 players are allowed to participate at this coming AFCON because of Covid-19, however, I am not aware of the law being revised to reflect the accommodation for 28 players.

I think the statutory process for player replacement prior to the tournament still remains the same.

Below is a post from Shina Okeleji
Onuachu�
Dennis❌
Osimhen❌
Ighalo❌

#Nigeria will be without striker Odion Ighalo at #AFCON2021 after his Saudi Arabian club @AlShababSaudiFC refused to release him for the tournament in #Cameroon.

And there will be no replacement.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/59880503
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

The point on Nwakali was about his roles this season Egbon, not his entire career. Context is this season alone. 2021/22. Habamana.

Also @bolded....

The heatmaps would still indicated the major positions they took throughout the game alongside snippets of their pop ups in some unnatural positions.

This is Ruben Dias vs Newcastle away from home in the EPL this season. Possession was 28-72 in %.

Ruben clearly played Central defence with major movements around his natural zone as RCB.

Those who saw the game can confirm this as true.

So the detailed Sofascore heatamap is indeed more reliable than their diluted versions and the line up graphics.

Let us leave it at that. Even the heatmaps of Dias shows he played mostly as a DMF but we know his primary duty to be CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Starboytwo:
yeah it’s true, the supernerd can fit the role well, Andrew can clearly work in the glass house or technical director, you and idenna are very tall and fit as I heard, whose better to man the gates.
comrade calm down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Famocious:

I know that 28 players are allowed to participate at this coming AFCON because of Covid-19, however, I am aware of the law being revised to reflect the accommodation for 28 players.

I think the statutory process for player replacement prior to the tournament still remains the same.

Below is a post from Shina Okeleji
Onuachu�
Dennis❌
Osimhen❌
Ighalo❌

#Nigeria will be without striker Odion Ighalo at #AFCON2021 after his Saudi Arabian club @AlShababSaudiFC refused to release him for the tournament in #Cameroon.

And there will be no replacement.

Can you please show me the new law?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Can you please show me the new law?

My bad, it was a typo. I am not aware of any revision of the law.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Let us leave it at that. Even the heatmaps of Dias shows he played mostly as a DMF but we know his primary duty to be CB.

Because Dias kept kind of a high line.

Look at Laporte's heatmap from same game. Looks similar to Dias but shows he kinda sat a little behind Dias' line.

Anyway, we move. Good talk Egbon. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Not deep attacking midfield. It's Deep central Midfield. And this exactly brings up most of what I mentioned. Sometimes when he starts a game as the AM, tactical adjustments are made and he begins operating deeper. Watching him regularly showed this a lot. So he's played more central roles than AM this season.
It's only a few times he has started at AM and finished there. (SEE HIS HEATMAP FOR HIS VERY LAST GAME vs Girona BELOW. HE PLAYED AMF).

Munoz is a forward who can play in a 442 as part of a front two or on the right. This explains the tactical adjustment of Gaich to drop a bit into AM/SS positions for Munoz to cut inside into the central forward position. Finito.

Where is the position of an AMF in a football field? When that is established and agreed upon then we can use the heatmap to determine the actual movement/position of a player in the field.

But I reiterate, movement on the pitch doesn't determine the role or position of a player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Famocious:

My bad, it was a typo. I am not aware of any revision of the law.

Kkkkkkkkkkkkk. Okay na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Because Dias kept kind of a high line.

Look at Laporte's heatmap from same game. Looks similar to Dias but shows he kinda sat a little behind Dias' line.

Anyway, we move. Good talk Egbon. wink

No wahala!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
An AM is meant to majorly exploit and occupy the zones in between the opposition DM and the Opposition Central defence.

In other words, he takes up position in the final third, in advanced attacking areas in zones between his team's central Midfield options and his team's forwards.

Finito.

And I get what you are driving at. A player who is a GK can have a heatmap showing a trace of his movement where he ran upfield to fight for a corner before returning to goal.

But the concentration of the heatmap will show he was majorly within his GK zone.

So Heatmaps can be used as indicators of players positions for the most parts. It's quite reliable.

forgiveness:

Where is the position of an AMF in a football field? When that established and agreed upon then we can use the heatmap to determine the actual movement of a player in the field.

But reiterate, movement on the pitch doesn'tdetermine the role or position of a player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

Kkkkkkkkkkkkk. Okay na grin

But that hasn't validated your earlier stance about the law wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DDexter99(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nigeria's AFCON without Victor Osimhen, I just can't imagine it. The gUy is just spectacular. Our first match against Egypt would be intense. We need sharp strikers to shock Egypt,.. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria why Osi...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
An AM is meant to majorly exploit and occupy the zones in between the opposition DM and the Opposition Central defence.

In other words, he takes up position in the final third, in advanced attacking areas in zones between his team's central Midfield options and his team's forwards.

Finito.

And I get what you are driving at. A player who is a GK can have a heatmap showing a trace of his movement where he ran upfield to fight for a corner before returning to goal.

But the concentration of the heatmap will show he was majorly within his GK zone.

So Heatmaps can be used as indicators of players positions for the most parts. It's quite reliable.

In picture is better. So that we can have an agreement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Famocious:

But that hasn't validated your earlier stance about the law wink

If that’s the law, how can they go against it by allowing 28 players instead of 23 players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

Guy, abeg analyse naa... no carry your fight with Odenigbo come my side ooo. I no want. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

In picture is better. So that can have an agreement.

Alright... I hope we are in agreement now. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Awaziem ready to gun down Opposition Attackers grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Alright... I hope we are in agreement now. wink

Thank you very much. From the three examples, it’s obvious AMF is after the center circle in the opposite half.

Let us compare it with Nwakali’s heatmaps. We can see he moved mostly along that line above the center circle in the opposite half.

Let a neutral person analyze his position from the two pictures below.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
forgiveness:

If that’s the law, how can they go against it by allowing 28 players instead of 23 players?

I stated earlier that 28 players are permitted for the tournament because of the current Covid-19 pandemic, however, the current document on 'Regulations AFCON 2021 (you can get this on CAF official website under competition regulations) has not been revised to reflect this change.

Oga Forgiveness, enjoy the rest of your day smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12087) (12088) (12089) (12090) (12091) (12092) (12093) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), zuchyblink(m), Amedino99(m), victornoah(m), mostob(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.