Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11761007 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12088) (12089) (12090) (12091) (12092) (12093) (12094) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
Uhmmm.... I don't know what you are trying to establish but I already told you that heatmap is him as an AMF.

I dropped two Nwakali heatmaps. Remember? One as a CM, and the last one as an AMF.

Forgotten this post I made so soon?

Read the emboldened below...

The first one I dropped showed he clearly didn't play AMF. But this one was for his very last game where he did play AMF as one of the few times he did. I hope you understand me.

TheSuperNerd:

Not deep attacking midfield. It's Deep central Midfield. And this exactly brings up most of what I mentioned. Sometimes when he starts a game as the AM, tactical adjustments are made and he begins operating deeper. Watching him regularly showed this a lot. So he's played more central roles than AM this season.
It's only a few times he has started at AM and finished there. (SEE HIS HEATMAP FOR HIS VERY LAST GAME vs Girona BELOW. HE PLAYED AMF).

Munoz is a forward who can play in a 442 as part of a front two or on the right. This explains the tactical adjustment of Gaich to drop a bit into AM/SS positions for Munoz to cut inside into the central forward position. Finito.

forgiveness:

Thank you very much. From the three examples, it’s obvious AMF is after the center circle in the opposite half.

Let us compare it with Nwakali’s heatmaps. We can see he moved mostly along that line above the center circle in the opposite half.

Let a neutral person analyze his position from the two pictures below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYYbor6hMrj/?utm_medium=copy_link

E be like does mosquitoes wey dey Cameroon dey para grin grin grin onyekuru dey shout mogbe o Dem don start grin grin grin

I literally do not find this funny. Let malaria not catch our players there. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
drDoom3:

Have you watched Aribo though? He is not a poor midfielder, he is a poor defensive player. Also he is the most technical of all three so I don’t get your point. Aribo was rated as the player with the best first touch in world football just last year and you are comparing him with lowly Iwobi and even a worse Nwakali.

After Osimhen and Ndidi, no other player in our team has a higher ceiling than Aribo. Guy is good at everything. Passing, scoring worldies, first touch, physicality, link up play, dribbling, name it. Guy if a baller.

I would advise you to watch Rangers fc highlights so that you can really see the player you are so helplessly slandering.

Aribo is the least technical of the three.
This is not a slander
I don't know what you guys define as technique. First touch is a technique, but there are other techniques.

I decided to see some Youtube videos of Aribo as you have suggested, to ascertain if i am really missing something. There are some positives to cull from his displays as always but he is not more spectacular than the people he is compared with.

As a central midfielder, your ability to understand tactics and make vital moves to stifle and counter the opponents is sine qua non. Only Ndidi trumps Nwakali in interpretation of tactics, even Frank Onyeka is ahead of Aribo in this area. I might argue with some great minds as to whether Ejuke is ahead of Aribo in tactical reading of the game, from my own assessment of their games, i think Ejuke is ( this is strictly a personal view ).

Can you explain why a skillful Aribo normally gets lost in games and his impact is hard to figure out. This is not just a coincidence His compatriots are better at understanding the game, and the opponents than him. Even though Gernot Rohr deserves the greater blame.

Concerning Nwakali, he is technically and tactically more astute than Aribo, and has more to contribute defensively. Being technically and tactically better makes him better at controlling a game than Aribo and therefore owns the CM spot.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
DDexter99:
Nigeria's AFCON without Victor Osimhen, I just can't imagine it. The gUy is just spectacular. Our first match against Egypt would be intense. We need sharp strikers to shock Egypt,.. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria why Osi...

You need to imagine it ,after all osimhen has never lead the line to any tournament .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Papi85:
cheesy

Shebi Na nerdy Dey argue since ?

How many people don follow am fight ?

Even you self Laff ,if we see person wey like wahala and no Dey give reasonable arguement we know them grin

Las las all Na cruise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mujtahida:

Aribo and wings? How? Why? You sure have a different eye oo cos this is the strangest view expressed about Aribo. Please watch the video below. He is over the top in his opinion about Iwobi but he's right about Aribo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxKkPG7uBY

The guest in that video, doesn't seem like an analyst to me. He somehow has the demeanour of a motivational talker.

Arlbo is yet to become the player that Iwobi is. Iwobi's problems is inconsistency, there might be some conflicts within himself that he will have to resolve.

Iwobi over Aribo, anytime, any day, and there are fine reasons for this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sportilitica:

Yeah but he is technical . I hope he still has it in him

If he did ,he would be at Arsenal after all how old was Saka, Willock, Maitland, Smith-R, etc

The only place he gets accolades is here and the NFF.

Every other test has been failed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mujtahida:

There are two types of entertainers in football. The first set to which most nigerian players belong to are those players who set out to entertain. These players are selfish and gun for personal glory.

The second type of entertainers do not set out to entertain. Their style is entertaining. Players like Zidane and Mikel exemplify this kind of players.

We have poor crossers of the ball(which is a shame since we have tall attackers) perhaps because of this trend of using inverted wingers who either run to the final third or dribble their way and then pass the ball or shoot at goal.

Agreed without question although this opinion is not the majority opinion here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
ChrisKels:

Their next line will be, if he could conduct so well, why then is he still in the Segunda Liga? Komekn will lead the charge, and others will follow. grin
and it’s a very valid question, I mean Huesca got promoted to Laliga struggled to give him game time and by Jan offloaded him back to the second tier. undecided lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
FIFApresident1:

This is you...

Exposition Supremo bravo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shelbyboss: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Nwakali bossed Efficient Mwepu when they met at the U23 Afcon.

Nwakali bossed Efficient Partey when they met eye to eye in midfield battle.

So what makes Kessie any different? Lol

And yes, I will post the stats relevant to the point I am making but I know you are hoping to see Goals and Assists stats which is what shallow analysis looks for.

I want you to answer a few questions for me.

How many assists did Modric have at the World Cup in Russia? And why exactly was he named best player at that WC?

How many assists had Xavi at Euros 2008 and tell me why he was named MVP of the tournament?

How many assists did Mikel have at Holland 2005 FIFA U20 WYC to be named by all who saw him & others as the true best player of the whole tournament?

I ask these questions because there is something you folks who ask about Goals and assists from deeplying playmakers/Midfield playmakers don't know about such kind of players.

Meanwhile... here below is a summary of Nwakali's ratings from sofascore of his games in December up until Jan 2 before hitting camp.

In his last game, he created about 3 very good chances. If his teammates had been clinical, we would be talking at least 2 assists from that game for him. You forget that the quality of players around one can affect certain stats.

Abeg stop giving excuses for him isn't Aurélien Tchouaméni also a deep playing midfielder Even Gavin of Barcelona yet they have more G+A contribution than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Englandboy:
Seasons greeting meliforme it been a while

Yes, It's been a while Englandboy.
Seasons greetings to you as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

Awoniyi for me.. Aside him being the most in-form striker, he was also among the very first to arrive camp, so he definitely must have earned some level of trust from the coach...
Umar too got to camp very early
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gammfreak(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
I have been reading comments...lol...
Seriously, u guys don't rate iwobi at all.
He is the only AM that has been tested to be efficient in that position even though he is inconsistent.
Ya all saying Aribo, nwakali or onyeka should be used as AM are just experimenting, because they can still flop when deployed into that position...but let's watch and see what they can do

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
komekn:

If he did ,he would be at Arsenal after all how old was Saka, Willock, Maitland, Smith-R, etc

The only place he gets accolades is here and the NFF.

Every other test has been failed.
lol like knabry of Bayern Munich says otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
Some people here are just speculating...
they don’t even know ion of what’s happening in the NFF.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Alright... I hope we are in agreement now. wink
The first frame, that's the formation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Who will win AFCON 2021?

Surprisingly Nigeria has emerged at the fore to win AFCON 2021 and this is based on the road to the final and paths for every other groups (OptaAnalyst).

If we top our group, in all honesty our path to the final is the easiest in the competition. The hurdle now is Egypt.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/01/afcon-2021-predictions-nigeria-morocco-egypt-cameroon-senegal-algeria/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Amedino99:
Man's does not even edit. Just copy and paste
grin grin
People self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
comerade jeje wayo grin grin grin

Imagine the thrash coming out of his mouth, and he is saying it with his full chest

chaiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
Parrot69:
Some people here are just speculating...
they don’t even know ion of what’s happening in the NFF.

abeg tell us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shelbyboss: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
maidaboi:
lol like knabry of Bayern Munich says otherwise
I

is he still in Hoffenheim
answer no he developed yet our aka Zidane and Xavi midfield maestro is still in segunda b

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
nelszx:

I just feel Nwakali if he plays to instruction, should be the bridge between Aribo and Ndidi. Collects from Ndidi, sends to Aribo and also the wingers.

Well anything that works for the team and depending on the game/opponents they'd playing against. The coach can tweak his formation. Sure ,however these players will do well , if the coach selects the right players

But one thing is certain, with the caliber of players will have, only a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 might work. Playing a 4-4-2 will expose our team badly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Caption this grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Shelbyboss:
I

answer no he developed yet our aka Zidane and Xavi midfield maestro is still in segunda b
what of Reiss Nelson?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
Shelbyboss:
I

I am not saying Nwakali is the best thing since slice bread I just saying because you didn't make at one club is not the end of the world

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
nelszx:
Who will win AFCON 2021?

Surprisingly Nigeria has emerged at the fore to win AFCON 2021 and this is based on the road to the final and paths for every other groups (OptaAnalyst).

If we top our group, in all honesty our path to the final is the easiest in the competition. The hurdle now is Egypt.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/01/afcon-2021-predictions-nigeria-morocco-egypt-cameroon-senegal-algeria/

Apart from this chart self ,naija remains number 1 favorites

I don’t overhype our players like many do but I will always tell you super eagles are favorites for the afcon

The ones wey Dey overhype our players from defence to strikers are still scared of Egypt and thinking on how to mark Mohammed salah while me wey dey talk am as I see am will always tell you naija are favorites

I will not rate Egypt and co till I see any of them win the afcon ,though I still rate Algeria and Senegal at least

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
No video analyst
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
With Denis, Ighalo and Osimhen, we were clear favourites. But now our chances are slim. Yes we still have the bite and strenght. I am hopeful nevertheless; but my hopes will either surge or diminish— after our first game.

So I'll wait.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
Meliforme:

The guest in that video, doesn't seem like an analyst to me. He somehow has the demeanour of a motivational talker.

Arlbo is yet to become the player that Iwobi is. Iwobi's problems is inconsistency, there might be some conflicts within himself that he will have to resolve.

Iwobi over Aribo, anytime, any day, and there are fine reasons for this.
Give me your reasons because for me in the here and now as oga komekn will say it is Aribo over Iwobi. And I do love Iwobi but my preference tilts in favor of Aribo for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
komekn:

You have teams that really don't play with traditional wingers but rather use the wingbacks as the wingers.

For instance, in Liverpool look at the number of pin point accurate crosses Trent puts in a game as well as defence splitting passes . He then can put in some outstanding shots left or right foot it doesn't matter, 9 assists this season already. And he is a RWB the same goes for Robertson, although he's not as good as Trent.

What this does is create a forward line of three attackers , no surprise the number of goals Salah and Mane have scored. In addition very hard working very disciplined midfielders, who keep things going.

Our problem is we have traditional strikers who get no support from thier wingers, in a very structured , traditional disciplined set up.

We are in easier group IT SEEMS, Guinea B and Sudan should not trouble us if we play our best players and take the game very serious with strict team discipline and cohesion. No room for complacency.
We tend to be complacent after scoring and it has often worked against us. Imagine Sierra Leone coming from 4 goals down to equalize due to our complacency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12088) (12089) (12090) (12091) (12092) (12093) (12094) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), Kalapizim(m), do4luv14(m), kingphilip(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.