Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12477955 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) (12222) (12223) (12224) ... (16710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
Papi85:
leave maduka and concentrate on uzoho or Simon

Mk who fine monitor who fine
comerade watin you really mean by this submission grin grin grin e be like na style style entering wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:
Quality powerful striker Aboubakar is bossing the Ethiopians, two goals to his name. It looks like Ethiopia are going to be flogged and Aboubakar should get a hat trick.

After having a decent career in Europe he has gone to Saudi Arabia for the$£$££.

He is playing in the same league as Odion "Unbeatable" Ighalo who is the top goal scorer in that league. But some how there are some here high misguided that think he's not good enough for the SE.

That the young pretenders like Awoniyi and Sadiq are better.

I love how you use Awoniyi to push your agendas then dump him when it is not favorable for you cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:
Quality powerful striker Aboubakar is bossing the Ethiopians, two goals to his name. It looks like Ethiopia are going to be flogged and Aboubakar should get a hat trick.

After having a decent career in Europe he has gone to Saudi Arabia for the$£$££.

He is playing in the same league as Odion "Unbeatable" Ighalo who is the top goal scorer in that league. But some how there are some here high misguided that think he's not good enough for the SE.

My brother tell them. Ighalo is doing it better than Aboubakar in Saudi league and they think that he is no longer good because he doesn't play in Europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2022
Papi85:
leave maduka and concentrate on uzoho or Simon

Mk who fine monitor who fine

I just woke up from sleep, and this is the first thing I see on this Nairaland. If you're not devilish, what is this one?

This is the kind of unprovoked nonsense talk that I always encourage Osimhen to respond, because people are actually mad and miserable on the internet and they will always look for ways to make other people as miserable as they are under the guise of cruise. Unprovoked.

Anyway, I'm a fine girl and will always be a fine girl, so, keep hating from outside of the club.

Uzoho is also a fine man, and I already brought Moses Simon's tweet here, so, I'm on that. If I find Uzoho's Twitter, I will still bring it.

Na the two idiots wey like your rubbish post I blame, but I understand that having haters is normal on this thread, so, enjoy grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Acecube(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
mostob:
thank you bro...I'll try this. Hope it doesn't consume too much data?
I have not really checked to know how many mb per match... I have enough data this period.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

I hate those kind mumu wingers. Cross abeg. Sharp attackers either score from it or pounce on second balls

Exactly baba. Just cross.. A sharp attacker is gonna pounce on it. And even if the keeper makes a safe, someone else might still slot it in..

Simon couldn't complete a single key pass all game.. Ejuke as well needs to smarten the eff up.

Cameroon had efficient attacking. Before some peeps comes here to shout "Na Ethopia" , we had all the chances to do the same to Egypt but failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:

What is "young pretenders" about Awoniyi?

Why do you feel the need to disrespect people that are doing a business in order to elevate some others?

If this thing you wrote came from an honest place, you would have left Awoniyi and Sadiq, but because it comes from negativity, you feel the need to throw in names that have no business in this talk.

Ighalo is not in AFCON, he will not be there, so, we honestly don't give a shit what he would have done, because a far better striker in the person of Salah is at this same AFCON and his first game was shit anyway.

Our strikers are decent and will come through, the ones we actually managed to get. Stop insulting them because you want to kiss the ass of an absentee forward

15 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
Acecube:
I have not really checked to know how many mb per match... I have enough data this period.
thank you...I just check it out now, it looks okay. With this site and hesgoal as alternative, I think I'm good to go. Na to go look for data remain
Thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I sure say that boy resemble you sir. So na im be say trips go plenty for the senior version of the boy grin
Andsun man,what do you expect,six feet tall with good body,flat tummy with swags.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Vincent Aboubakar with 4 goals already. Wow. Ekambi with 2 goals.
I used to wish Anguissa was Nigerian and we'll pair him with Ndidi. That guy is too good.

I don't think you can count more than two players better than Anguissa at their position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2022
safarigirl:

What is "young pretenders" about Awoniyi?

Why do you feel the need to disrespect people that are doing a business in order to elevate some others?

If this thing you wrote came from an honest place, you would have left Awoniyi and Sadiq, but because it comes from negativity, you feel the need to throw in names that have no business in this talk.

Ighalo is not in AFCON, he will not be there, so, we honestly don't give a shit what he would have done, because a far better striker in the person of Salah is at this same AFCON and his first game was shit anyway.

Our strikers are decent and will come through, the ones we actually managed to get. Stop insulting them because you want to kiss the ass of an absentee forward
The big question,would Ighalo have done better than Awoniyi against Egypt?NO

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2022
4 goals in two matches is massive,if he continues like this he could score up to 6-8 goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:
The truth remains that our weakest wing is the number 9 position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
me I know say that maduka dey use style enter your eyes I don tell you before grin grin grin but you say you know dey follow small boy's but you no dey tey to show us how fine the BoBo be cool cool cool grin

Because he is the one that always comes up on my TL on Twitter

You see say today I did not talk about him if not that SuperNerd brought him up.

I don't follow any of these guys on Twitter, so, na as the tweets reach my TL I go dey post about am.

I like to admire pretty people. I have come here to talk about Awoniyi and Awaziem in much more flowery terms than I have spoken about Maduka, why you no reason say dem dey enter my eye?

None of them dey enter my eye, I just admire fine people the way I would admire a fine car. You would probably know this if you dey follow my other non-football posts.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
AFCON2021: Why Ejuke Would Be A Better Replacement For Chukwueze Against Sudan
News Hub Creator

By their club standards, Samuel Chukwueze is at a top-level ahead of Chidera Ejuke. Coming down to the National team, Ejuke has been quite impressive than Chukwueze in the last couple of months. Maybe due to the fact that Samuel has been out for months on an injury. Looking at the two players' involvement against Egypt, I recommend that Ejuke should be starting ahead of Samuel against Sudan.

Since Chukwueze regained his position back into this team, he hasn't made much impact starting the game. He's better off as a super-sub because when he comes on the pitch, he increases the tempo of the game with his dribbles and runs. Heaps up more pressure on the weary oppositions and many times, he ends up scoring or making an assist.

And when you look at the Sudan team, they don't have many of the top stars in their team. An average bang team with a mindset of defending against Nigeria, to break them down and swamp in goals you need a kind of player like Chukwueze to perform the magic in the second half. An early goal from the Super Eagles team against the Sudanese is not guaranteed but more goals would be forthcoming if Eguavoen pulls out this trick tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

Enjoyed this clip. Are you in Garoua?

No ooo I wish. Plus I doubt I'd be allowed that close to the team in a closed practice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
4 goals in two matches is massive,if he continues like this he could score up to 6-8 goals

2 penalties and 2 open play goals

He has until the end of group stage to take advantage at least
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
My brother tell them. Ighalo is doing it better than Aboubakar in Saudi league and they think that he is no longer good because he doesn't play in Europe
Not really the case that most people think Ighalo is not good enough, but most people actually believe there are better strikers in the Nigerian fold than Ighalo.

Last season:

Cameroon had only 5 players worldwide who scored into double digits. Vincent Aboubakar was one of them.

Nigeria on the other hand had 29 players who scored 10 or more goals. Ighalo wasn't part of them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

War against Less fancied Ethiopia. grin

What will it be then when they come up against Algeria or Ghana? Armageddon??!!!

I think you have to have a mentality of DESTROYING the opposition no matter how weak they are assumed to be.

Lets take a sledge hammer to kill a fly, underestimate no one.

When playing Sudan we must not think they are weak we must take the game serious it's WAR Your best players tried and tested.

Otherwise you will slip up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:

Exactly

No be bully Awoniyi been dey bully the Egyptian defenders too? He did so much in they game, too much for someone to call him a young pretender.

The Aboubakar's first game, no be penalties he score? Did he do anything that Awoniyi did not do in our own first game minus the penalties?

And somebody wants to call Awoniyi pretender here. I no blame am, na so dem yab the boy when he replaced Isaac Success in U-17 too, he will show these people what he is made of in this tournament and shame will not allow them mention Ighalo's name again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Not really the case that most people think Ighalo is not good enough, but most people actually believe there are better strikers in the Nigerian fold than Ighalo.

Last season:

Cameroon had only 5 players worldwide who scored into double digits. Vincent Aboubakar was one of them.

Nigeria on the other hand had 29 players who scored 10 or more goals. Ighalo wasn't part of them.

This is a good discussion , let's be as objective as possible and not ASSUMPTIVE.

Who among our strikers is actually better than him in the HERE and NOW.

Please name them one by one and give your rational.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2022
grin cheesy

E pain am

And one person shared while 2 liked cheesy

By the way who Dey deceive u say u fine? shocked
safarigirl:

I just woke up from sleep, and this is the first thing I see on this Nairaland. If you're not devilish, what is this one?

This is the kind of unprovoked nonsense talk that I always encourage Osimhen to respond, because people are actually mad and miserable on the internet and they will always look for ways to make other people as miserable as they are under the guise of cruise. Unprovoked.

Anyway, I'm a fine girl and will always be a fine girl, so, keep hating from outside of the club.

Uzoho is also a fine man, and I already brought Moses Simon's tweet here, so, I'm on that. If I find Uzoho's Twitter, I will still bring it.

Na the two idiots wey like your rubbish post I blame, but I understand that having haters is normal on this thread, so, enjoy grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:

On my opinion 100% a big YES

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Acecube(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
mostob:
thank you...I just check it out now, it looks okay. With this site and hesgoal as alternative, I think I'm good to go. Na to go look for data remain
Thank you
uwc boss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
EgusiShankly:

Your first line is funny. We couldn't achieve consistently smooth ball-playing vs Egypt with that same first XI personnel. We simply rushed our buildups, pressed them when we were out of possession and moved upfield as quickly as possible. We were outpassed by a team we created more chances against.

Outpassed in the Egyptians final third? Yeah, I agree to that

So expecting that same exact XI to control a game like let's see against an Algeria or Morocco won't happen. They will simply do what they did against Egypt or most of it.

Oh please! What difference is there between Egypt and them? Algeria struggled against Sierra Leone, morroco played a part in the worst game I have seen so far in this tournament whilst the SE dominated the eygptians with chances to put up a 4:0 scoreline.So why are you sure we can't do the same against them with out doing it the Barca way?

Against Sudan, ofcos they will win. Ofcos they will also have possession because Sudan will sit back out of too much respect for us. But how do we cope if Sudan puts up a really deep block? What happens when they sit too damn deep & only proper ball playing can break them down for good? Hmmm...

And what does Prime Barca has to do with this? See why you just don't jump in and make a comment? If you know the history of all my analyses on this team, there would be no need for such irrelevant talk. Next time, find the context. I don't make bogus analyses. I analyse based on what is available to the team and we have the tools for whatever I am talking about unless you don't see it.

Hello! It appears I'm in a conversation with Guardiola.Correct?

And yes, some of them don't press at their clubs but we saw the team deliver a gen-gen press Masterclass against Egypt. And they sustained it for the better parts of the entire duration till the whistle. So it is possible.
And you make it sound like, we are playing Cameroun next, it is Sudan. I expect our pressing energy won't have to be as much as we applied against Egypt since we would be having more of the ball.

It's not sustainable.Suppose a first team player gets injured who comes in without a drop in quality of performance? You saw what happened with subs in the last game?

Finally, I don't suffer amnesia. I know it's a tournament. But maybe you need to be reminded about what applying certain tactical changes that uplifts the team's overall technical strength leading to convincing wins especially against lesser opposition, can do for a team looking to progress as far as the final.
It keeps belief high and it also gives a team tactical varieties to keep the opposition guessing. You don't wanna be predictable on all sides.

My point is; unless it's becomes faulty, don't change it! It's good against Egypt,with more practice and cohesion it will be better vs Sudan

You seriously asking the diff between Egypt and Algeria? Despite my sharing that graphical analysis by Optaanalyst? Or perhaps you also missed that.
Okay, that's enough. Lol

You really talk too much. grin Bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:

This is a good discussion , let's be as objective as possible and not ASSUMPTIVE.

We will answer this question on Saturday after our own game.

Let the "here and now", be well and truly objective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
aboubakar faced Burkina Faso with 2 penalty and 2 against Ethiopia now awoniyi faced Egypt and will face Sudan next chill and let see what him and sodiq will give us wink komekn has agenda and you will be the one he will use to front and you know fit withstand the heat when backlash come just chill with this your notice me submission grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
The truth remains that our weakest wing is the number 9 position
Oga Zuchy yes cos we don't have Osimehn not Ighalo....Awoniyi did well against Egypt and I can say a perfect replacement for Osimehn.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:

He has come again angry

Baba Here and Now, he never answer yesterday's question, na to throw another here and now e sabi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:
Oga Zuchy yes cos we don't have Osimehn not Ighalo....Awoniyi did well against Egypt and I can say a perfect replacement for Osimehn.

Exactly

Osimhen is the big missing piece here.

Awoniyi did as Ighalo would have done and maybe even more.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
Papi85:
grin cheesy

E pain am

And one person shared while 2 liked cheesy

By the way who Dey deceive u say u fine? shocked
Abeg stop na... grin grin
Na our first lady o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
komekn:

On my opinion 100% a big YES
On my opinion 100% a big NO abi no be Ighalo I watched against Cape Verde.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) (12222) (12223) (12224) ... (16710) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, charlesemeka85(m), BankyGee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.