Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649073 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
Better don't. Because I will not say anymore on this. Don't drag it unnecessarily.

Meliforme:

Let me look for the video.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
Finally up to speed.

Better analysts dey this thread. I doff hat for all of una.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Exactly why I want a few changes to the lineup we put out on Tuesday for our game vs Sudan in order to further cement our tactical dominance and further expand our tactical approaches to opponents.

We have to understand that the team that started on Tuesday was to curtail Salah, turn up the high press on the Egyptian team and see us have possession of the ball enough to create our own chances.

Each opponent don't carry the same level of threats or tactics. We gotta be flexible while keeping the tactical discipline.

Egypt out-passed us in every facet of that game but we dominated in the others stats: Chance creation, crosses, carries into final third, shots overall, shots on target, big chances created and missed, corners won, saves drawn... etc.

The only other stats we fell short was in duels but this is understandable because we mega-pressed almost throughout that game.

Against Sudan, I want to see Control, Smooth build up plays (not rushed like against Egypt), top pressing, mad possession, incredible amount of chances creation and conversion (Goals), and more. We can do it. And it's bloody Sudan... I mean, come on, if we don't stat pad against these guys who got outplayed by Guinea Bissau then what the hell are we doing at this Afcon? Lol

Two Pks

Several 25yards freekicks

Control and Possession

The least expectations vs Sudan.
And Sudan must not score. Egypt didn't, so no way for Sudan too.

Someone should download some clips of Keshi's postmatch interviews and allow Coachito study how he answered questions abeg. Its needful.

Another 3 points so Team B can do whatever they want against Bissau on last Match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Better don't. Because I will not say anymore on this. Don't drag it unnecessarily.

You mean i shouldn't bother looking for the video?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nigeria on Match day 1: 2nd youngest First XI at Afcon2021 so far.

Gernot Rohr would be proud. grin

His perfect base for all the excuses he loves to give.

His favorite words... "...We have a young team.... still learning."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Doesn't exist. Can't happen. No matter how many times your mind sees this one. grin

grin

Until you see him at Eto'o side holding Wooden Boot.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
Yep. Save it. Please. I think we have said enough on the matter especially because I want Ejuke to start the next game and not Simon. wink

Even though I know that might not happen. So leave it. Let's move on.

Meliforme:

You mean i shouldn't bother looking for the video?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
daveP:

grin

Until you see him at Eto'o side holding Wooden Boot.

His doppelganger maybe. No wahala. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Maduka Okoye: Goalkeeper, Safe hand and the ladies' distraction grin

Hear our brother below... grin

Cc Safarigirl... First lady Lana, Podium is all yours. grin grin grin

P.S: I don laugh tire.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
Unpopular Opinion

A handball or a foul that does not impede a goal scoring action in the 18 yard box should be given as an indirect freekick rather than a penalty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Na so ladies dey do o....imagine an old lady dey trip for my 10 years old boy.

But if I be woman na Chiedozie Awaziem o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I saw the post o, very funny something.

I just dey monitor Maduka Twitter account. Between yesterday and today, he has racked up 10.1k followers and his last picture raked in 56k+ likes.

Now, nobody can tell me that guy was not intentional, because this bro abandoned his Instagram since mid-December, but dropped 3 back to back pictures for the gyal dem on Twitter.

He never come greet us today sha, so, I'm hoping he gives it a few days. Ice cream is best enjoyed when you take it on occassion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:

You sabi better thing.

Awaziem and Semi Ajayi na top shelf guys. We have some proper eye candy in our team, someone mentioned how we are no longer in the times of Taribo West.

Na Maduka dey reign for Twitter now sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
safarigirl:

You sabi better thing.

Awaziem and Semi Ajayi na top shelf guys. We have some proper eye candy in our team, someone mentioned how we are no longer in the times of Taribo West.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na wa for this safari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
Subzero047:
Unpopular Opinion

A handball or a foul that does not impede a goal scoring action in the 18 yard box should be given as an indirect freekick rather than a penalty
what matters most this day's is checking if the defender or player's hand is in a natural position or not wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
safarigirl:

I saw the post o, very funny something.

I just dey monitor Maduka Twitter account. Between yesterday and today, he has racked up 10.1k followers and his last picture raked in 56k+ likes.

Now, nobody can tell me that guy was not intentional, because this bro abandoned his Instagram since mid-December, but dropped 3 back to back pictures for the gyal dem on Twitter.

He never come greet us today sha, so, I'm hoping he gives it a few days. Ice cream is best enjoyed when you take it on occassion.

Hahahahahaha.... grin

Never disappoints. I knew you would finish work on this... grin kaaaiiii. And yeah, I caught your "Maduka acct followers update" on the bird app. Really surprised all your commenters didn't know who you were talking about. I knew instantly after I read your first line coz numbers stick to my head.

All the Maduka-admiring ladies be like..... "call me, honey cub" grin
[img]https://media./images/ca6e8ce0985c9fd899fb8f3d388f5c70/tenor.gif[/img]

Chaaaiiiii.... una gender ehn... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:

Na why you no be woman na cheesy

Me If I be woman, na Leon Balogun, Joe or Semi Ajayi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
safarigirl:

You sabi better thing.

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
safarigirl:

You sabi better thing.

me I know say that maduka dey use style enter your eyes I don tell you before grin grin grin but you say you know dey follow small boy's but you no dey tey to show us how fine the BoBo be cool cool cool grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2022
Subzero047:
Unpopular Opinion

Hmm. So how will this be decided? You know, the procedures for refereeing are very detailed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kog45:

Even you Uncle Kog.... kaaaiiii.... going for the president of FBA of the SE himself. Lol

Bad Elder! grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
Asamoah gyan thinks the crowd at cameroun gave us advantage..

Well, long may it continue cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2022
seankafor:
Asamoah gyan thinks the crowd at cameroun gave us advantage..

Well, long may it continue cheesy
well anything to give us advantage is welcome and your supporters are always the 12th man so we need more of them self as garoua isn't far from adamawa so our northern brothers can go and fill up the stadium wink

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You mean you missed victor
Moses cheesy

Yes ooo I nor go lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EgusiShankly: 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Exactly why I want a few changes to the lineup we put out on Tuesday for our game vs Sudan in order to further cement our tactical dominance and further expand our tactical approaches to opponents.

We have to understand that the team that started on Tuesday was to curtail Salah, turn up the high press on the Egyptian team and see us have possession of the ball enough to create our own chances.

Each opponent don't carry the same level of threats or tactics. We gotta be flexible while keeping the tactical discipline.

Egypt out-passed us in every facet of that game but we dominated in the others stats: Chance creation, crosses, carries into final third, shots overall, shots on target, big chances created and missed, corners won, saves drawn... etc.

The only other stats we fell short was in duels but this is understandable because we mega-pressed almost throughout that game.

Against Sudan, I want to see Control, Smooth build up plays (not rushed like against Egypt), top pressing, mad possession, incredible amount of chances creation and conversion (Goals), and more. We can do it. And it's bloody Sudan... I mean, come on, if we don't stat pad against these guys who got outplayed by Guinea Bissau then what the hell are we doing at this Afcon? Lol
You can as well achieve that without changing personnels. Our players are good ball playing footballers.

However I think you envisage too much to see this team play like prime Barca. The above highlighted are insignificant. High pressing isn't sustainable on the long run as players tend to burn out quickly which can jeopardize our chance. Some of this players don't even play pressing games in their clubs and can't do it playing every 4 days on that kind of pitch and weather in Cameroon.

Also don't forget that this is a cup tournament where you are expected to beat the opposing team with less difficulty and move to the next round till you clinch the trophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I support what you wrote and when we attack we must be weary of counter from the Sudanese

I noticed they like play long balls for their top 9 the man with dread

So Ekong and whoever pairs him need to be at alert and stay at their position and allow Ndidi press when we attack. Aribo and Nacho should be pushed further and allow to shot... their goal keeper is not too good. More so it will take Sudan by surprise that we don't just attack from the wings only

That match is something we should be able to win with not less than 2 unreplied goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
EgusiShankly:

You can as well achieve that without changing personnels. Our players are good ball playing footballers.

However I think you envisage too much to see this team play like prime Barca. The above highlighted are insignificant. High pressing isn't sustainable on the long run as players tend to burn out quickly which can jeopardize our chance. Some of this players don't even play pressing games in their clubs and can't do it playing every 4 days on that kind of pitch and weather in Cameroon.

Also don't forget that this is a cup tournament where you are expected to beat the opposing team with less difficulty and move to the next round till you clinch the trophy.

The plan is to get the job done against Sudan and then rest the boys against G. Bisau

Well you don't expect them to press Sudan all round the clock.... top pressing in the first 35 mins should birth us 2 goals and there after we play our game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
kellycute:
you can not change a wining team!.
You can but not in this case

Maybe if we get to win Sudan

He can rotate the squad against G. Bisau at least to rest the first 11 players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Your first line is funny. We couldn't achieve consistently smooth ball-playing vs Egypt with that same first XI personnel. We simply rushed our buildups, pressed them when we were out of possession and moved upfield as quickly as possible. We were outpassed by a team we created more chances against.

So expecting that same exact XI to control a game like let's see against an Algeria or Morocco won't happen. They will simply do what they did against Egypt or most of it.

Against Sudan, ofcos they will win. Ofcos they will also have possession because Sudan will sit back out of too much respect for us. But how do we cope if Sudan puts up a really deep block? What happens when they sit too damn deep & only proper ball playing can break them down for good? Hmmm...

And what does Prime Barca has to do with this? See why you just don't jump in and make a comment? If you know the history of all my analyses on this team, there would be no need for such irrelevant talk. Next time, find the context. I don't make bogus analyses. I analyse based on what is available to the team and we have the tools for whatever I am talking about unless you don't see it.

And yes, some of them don't press at their clubs but we saw the team deliver a gen-gen press Masterclass against Egypt. And they sustained it for the better parts of the entire duration till the whistle. So it is possible.
And you make it sound like, we are playing Cameroun next, it is Sudan. I expect our pressing energy won't have to be as much as we applied against Egypt since we would be having more of the ball.

Finally, I don't suffer amnesia. I know it's a tournament. But maybe you need to be reminded about what applying certain tactical changes that uplifts the team's overall technical strength leading to convincing wins especially against lesser opposition, can do for a team looking to progress as far as the final.
It keeps belief high and it also gives a team tactical varieties to keep the opposition guessing. You don't wanna be predictable on all sides.

Finito.

EgusiShankly:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omo see easy goal Ethiopia no even show love give Cameroon early morning slap grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Looks like the Cameroun coach is Rohr's younger brother grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, Ajd19, Odunayaw(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.