Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,931 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11927864 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12228) (12229) (12230) (12231) (12232) (12233) (12234) ... (16335) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Keyzyto(m): 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
Check out the odds here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
somehow:
If we play these Senegalese, we'll beat them.

They are not compact at all.

It's the group stage, I'm almost believing that they have not settled well. The knock out stage is a different ball game. They can hurt any team even with their wobbly display
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
Meliforme:

I don't need multiple games to ascertain a player's competence.
On Osimhen's AFCON debut even with the cameo appearance, a lot can be deduced from his style of play and the promise it held.

I believe in growth, but Taiwo is yet to become the player Osimhen is.

I was more impressed with Sadiq than i was with Taiwo.
Bros, you sure say you watch that match?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
safarigirl:

Lol

You go worse pass Lagerback as coach if Sadiq impressed you more than Taiwo

Osimhen is not in AFCON, Taiwo does not need to be an Osimhen, Taiwo is Taiwo. Taiwo is who we have and Taiwo is who we will have for the duration of this tournament. Enjoy Taiwo, if you are looking for Osimhen, follow up with Napoli updates, na there he go dey.

Sadiq impressed me more than Taiwo.
Oh how i love him.

Yes, Taiwo is Taiwo let's enjoy what we have.
It all started with my reply to a post that said "Taiwo replaced Osimhen perfectly"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
jihday:
still early days, don’t see it beating Mali 2002 record

Plus our coach then, shuaibu Amodu really gave us some boring football. Onigbinde came later to take the team to the world cup trying to play a total opposite kind of football from Amodu but I felt he was too daring that's why the result didn't favour us. The only good thing I liked about onigbinde was the introduction of long term players like Enyeama, Osaze Odemwingie and J.Yobo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
nelszx:
Pre match against Egypt, that's not their training
The other white guys were Egyptian players
thanks Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
Malawi leading Zimbabwe by 2 goals to 1

Who could believe this game would have produced 3 goals without a single PK

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
bro na just 2019 o no be 1920 osigoal didn't do nothing in that afcon and it was like Rorh was even forced to give him game time and taiwo gave his best to putting a shift for us at Osimhen's absent and mind you they can never have same style or quality but both are unique in thier own ways wink

I was impressed in that cameo appearance of his.

I didn't say that Taiwo didn't give his best. We saw his best, and he can still best his best.

You are very right by saying that they can never have the same style or quality, and thank you for saying that.

Some people are yet to face the reality in the fact that Osimhen is not replaceable as things stand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2022
Mujtahida:

Na wa

What else do you want me to glean from a game we created five good chances and from a game he played for 72 minutes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2022
Meliforme:

I didn't say that Taiwo didn't give his best. We saw his best, and he can still best his best.

You are very right by saying that they can never have the same style or quality, and thank you for saying that.

Some people are yet to face the reality in the fact that Osimhen is not replaceable as things stand.
well we all wish osigoal was the one in the 9 position but presently we can only keep supporting the ones doing the job and I understand what you are feeling about osimehn absent I my self grumbled while watch Egypt game because we know monster machine would have suffered both Egypt defense and keeper but we just have to chill till our world cup qualifiers to see osigoal back and another afcon is next year and osigoal will give us that box-office performance wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
Meliforme:

Osimhen is no lewandowski ,suarez benzema and co,even giroud replaced benzema well for France

You need to calm down with this osimhen a not replaceable abeg

Kudos to him for doing well for us but you need to stop this osimhen is not replaceable

How many strikers have gotten a run of games ?

Osimhen is replaceable if others are given the chance ,even with taiwo good game you are even talking down of him ,just imagine you being the coach incharge

If the coaches dropped osimhen after his first few games you will tell me if he would have come good , hope you know he didn’t score for his first 6 eagles game ?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
well we all wish osigoal was the one in the 9 position but presently we can only keep supporting the ones doing the job and I understand what you are feeling about osimehn absent I my self grumble while watch Egypt game because we know monster machine would have suffered both Egypt defense and keeper but we just have to chill till our world cup qualifiers to see osigoal back and another afcon is next year and osigoal will give us that box-office performance wink

What makes them think osimhen would have scored against Egypt ?

In as much as we like osimhen the only strong team he has scored against was Ukraine ,but yet some people think awoniyi was bad against Egypt

Smh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Henceforth, your name has been removed from those allowed to criticize Rohr, Equavoen and the future Peseiro. What a statement grin

When did you remove my name?
I am asking because i can still see my name in the list of the allowed persons.

[Claps and laughs out loud]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nigeria have only faced Sudan twice in AFCON history.

Aggregate score:

Sudan 4 - 1 Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Malawi leading Zimbabwe by 2 goals to 1

Who could believe this game would have produced 3 goals without a single PK

Malawi messed up big time in their first game against Guinea. they played quite entertaining, their end product was just sad as they ended up losing by a lone goal. Their coach knew they were the better team and said his team will work on their finishing in the final third after losing to Guinea. If you watching the second half of their game currently against Zimbabwe which is a regional rival whom they've lost more games to at COSAFA you'd notice that they've upped something about them in this tournament. I hope they are lucky enough to qualify for the knockout round
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What makes you think osimhen would have scored against Egypt ?
well I never mentioned him scoring but he has his unique ginger upfront that what I actually pionted out in that submission wink and any player can be replaced but the quality aren't always same except we want to lie to ourselves wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Meliforme:

When did you remove my name?
I am asking because i can still see my name in the list of the allowed persons.

[Claps and laughs out loud]
Refresh the list. I don comot am grin

Why will you judge a player with just one match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Comoros goalkeeper pulling heroics to keep it at 1-0 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What makes them think osimhen would have scored against Egypt ?

In as much as we like osimhen the only strong team he has scored against was Ukraine ,but yet some people think awoniyi was bad against Egypt

Smh

What makes you think he won't score.

Anyways it is not all about scoring but overall impact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
M7even:

It's the group stage, I'm almost believing that they have not settled well. The knock out stage is a different ball game. They can hurt any team even with their wobbly display

To dream of knock out stage, you're expected to advance from the group stage first.

What if they met more purposeful opponents during the group stage?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Refresh the list. I don comot am grin

Why will you judge a player with just one match?

Seems you don't have the admin rights.
My name is still there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
Comoros Goalkeeper is a LEGEND
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
This Comoros goalkeeper is something else. Morocco should be thrashing them at least 4- nil by now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
Comoros goalkeeper with even more heroics. Oh my God grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
somehow:

To dream of knock out stage, you're expected to advance from the group stage first.

What if they met more purposeful opponents during the group stage?

What "if" they raise their game in the group stage if they met such opponent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
Meliforme:

What makes you think he won't score.

Anyways it is not all about scoring but overall impact.

I didn’t say he won’t score

But what makes you think he would score ,it’s better you don’t talk about that ,I am sure if you are a French man you would have said the team won’t do well with giroud when world class benzema was out

You think Egypt Na Sierra Leone ?

Awoniyi gave a good performance but you think sadiq was better ,that shows how you watch your own football and rate your players

Make una Dey cool down

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
well I never mentioned him scoring but he has his unique ginger upfront that what I actually pionted out in that submission wink and any player can be replaced but the quality aren't always same except we want to lie to ourselves wink

Nobody is lying there

Victor was given a run of games before he started doing well

But someone here want awoniyi to score hatrick within 5 minutes against Egypt grin

We should not even deceive ourselves ,as it stands the quality of our strikers aren’t far from each other ,it’s not as if one is suarez and the other one is Shane long

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nobody is lying there

Victor was given a run of games before he started doing well

But someone here want awoniyi to score hatrick within 5 minutes against Egypt grin
baba you suppose know say we get some ogororo analysis for here so when dey give submission na to just use am laugh clear worries or use Dem catch cruise grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
baba you suppose know say we get some ogororo analysis for here so when dey give submission na to just use am laugh clear worries or use Dem catch cruise grin grin grin

If your preferred player is not playing doesn’t mean you should bring down another

Imagine someone saying sadiq umar did well than Awoniyi against Egypt

Omo the hypocrisy no be here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
M7even:

What "if" they raise their game in the group stage if they met such opponent

What they played without "if" has been shambolic so far for a country rated no 1 in Africa.

Lets work with that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
2-nil finally. Comoros, una don try
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

We should not even deceive ourself ,as it stands the quality of our strikers aren’t far from each other ,it’s not as if one is suarez and the other one is Shane long
baba you suppose know say na because of some people get favourite dey make Dem dey make this thing look like that but Dem self know the truth no be here me and you dey when we both schooled person wey talk say sodiq better pass Onuachu because of some amateur stat grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12228) (12229) (12230) (12231) (12232) (12233) (12234) ... (16335) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Napoleon55(m), Enoughpull, Franktom247(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.