Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11824499 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12308) (12309) (12310) (12311) (12312) (12313) (12314) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2022
ChrisKels:
The way SiMoses has performed, when Lookman and Dennis come in March it sure gonna be hard for them to be considered in the starting line up. That said, Chuks should up his game too, to make it even more harder.
His performance leaves much to be desired. Not too bad but it's kind of cranky the way he plays. That fluidity is lacking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2022
mkrest:
Reported by complete sports
What ya think?
I hate seeing Iwobi playing on the flanks. He should play in the middle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2022
Astrid4:

He doesn't owe no one no apologies
He did what's best for his career, he was on red-hot form, he needed to be played and maintain his form,and since the new coach can't guarantee him an automatic shirt then he did what's best for him. Any player would have done that that is a very perilous moment in his career, one wrong move can be fatal.

Then he can continue doing what is best for his career in the EPL, and we can stick to players that have the Super Eagles in mind.

He is not the only player that can do what he does for the Eagles, he is not even the most important player, and he definitely has not done anything special for the Eagles that he must follow Nigeria to any tournament.

A player must not play internationally. He should remain in Watford and do what is best for his career there till the end of his career.

Maybe na only am get career out of everybody wey dem invite for AFCON.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Mendy was there

And what’s shameful about Messi voting ?
Where was mendy pls?

Abi donarunma new name na Mendy?

Giving Mendy best GK, but its not enough to be in the XI? Fifa eh grin

Messi was being sarcastic about the vote process by putting Neymar first and not even top performer, Lewandoski in at worst 3rd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2022
drDoom3:

If Dennis continues his form, na Chuks he go bench las las because Simon don grab that left wing.

Na Chuks una suppose dey pray for to improve because his performance so far has not been up to expectations.

Dem no dey bench player like that for Nigeria. And Dennis is not the only winger in good form we have, so, why will he be the one to bench Chuks?

His form is not what is in contention now, and some of you clearly do not realise that a bad attitude can be as damning as bad football skills.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:00am On Jan 18, 2022
Jibola Adebola looking unfazed as he read criticism from Nairalanders grin

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2022
IDENNAA:

Are you insinuating I am lying ? grin grin

Just for sake of peace I live in Equatorial Guinea....case closed.

Don't say you live in Equatorial Guinea because of people who don't admire progress. Instead of attacking the points you raised, they pile attacks on your person.

The fact that you left the shores of Nigeria to the U.S shows progress. The fact that you can spend time on Nairaland while living in the US as an immigrant shows how far you have gone.

Don't let them drag you down, don't let them make you say things that you don't even desire.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2022
mostob:
Simon is still a suspect...his crossing is horrible.

We've not had decent crosses in two games. Or rather put, we haven't had goal threatening crosses in both games.

I watched the Malawi and Mali team, they've done more on that aspect than us. have the most goal threats from crosses alone than any other team. Abou is experienced to really make the most out of positioning.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

I don't get why he's called Jibola Adebola. Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Danielnino00:
Do you think those guys send...Nwakili and co dey flex for camp o na we dey see loopholes wey no dey.

I saw Aribo and Nwakil pictures I just dey laugh with our comments on them....$10k(bonus) richer yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

I think Iwobi played the wide right role completely better than Chuks... He was coming infield and making Ola Aina make the wide overlap runs. Chuks was hugging the touch line and allowing Kelechi the infield space but it severely limited Ola Aina.

Iwobi's interpretation gave us an extra man in midfield and allowed to keep possession and build more without launching long balls from the back...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2022
IDENNAA:

Remove Nacho put Iwobi.

Remove Eking put Nda.

Otherwise, I like it.
you want to remove nacho that has hatrick against Guinea-Bissau
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2022
A WAFU tournament would destroy CAF completely. Imagine taking all the west African countries out of the AFCON. We need to use this as leverage and force CAF to stop their zonal nonsense at the youth and women's level.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:27am On Jan 18, 2022
mkrest:
Reported by complete sports
What ya think?

Not bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:29am On Jan 18, 2022
Una no go calm down?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2022
My team list for tomorrow.... expecting some very physical athletic game.

Uzoho
Ebuehi Ekong Omeruo Collins
           Ndidi            
Onyeka Aribo
Ejuke      Awoniyi   Simon

I expected a very busy day for a lightweight like Ebuehi against that very physical bissau winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
A WAFU tournament would destroy CAF completely. Imagine taking all the west African countries out of the AFCON. We need to use this as leverage and force CAF to stop their zonal nonsense at the youth and women's level.
West African countries are poor. Small bribe will just scatter the whole plan.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Indeed it will

There are 13 West African teams in this tournament. 13.

The only other region that has anything close to that is North Africa with 5. Southern Africa has 3. Central Africa has 2. East Africa has 1.

The West African domination is wild on this continent, it makes no sense why CAF would choose to stifle that, by changing qualification process, especially in Youth football. It is so Anti

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

Aw come he arrived at d name jibola adebola...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2022
zoboizee:
My team list for tomorrow.... expecting some very physical athletic game.

Uzoho
Ebuehi Ekong Omeruo Collins
           Ndidi            
Onyeka Aribo
Ejuke      Awoniyi   Simon

I expected a very busy day for a lightweight like Ebuehi against that very physical bissau winger.

Ebuehi light weight? Because he no dey play gidigbo football?

Ebuehi plays "don't stain my white" football like Mikel, you can be physical all you want, but he is one player that his technique floors physicality.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Ebuehi light weight? Because he no dey play gidigbo football?

Ebuehi plays "don't stain my white" football like Mikel, you can be physical all you want, but he is one player that his technique floors physicality.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2022
elyte89:

Aw come he arrived at d name jibola adebola...?

Na chriskels oooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47am On Jan 18, 2022
Meliforme:

Don't say you live in Equatorial Guinea because of people who don't admire progress. Instead of attacking the points you raised, they pile attacks on your person.

The fact that you left the shores of Nigeria to the U.S shows progress. The fact that you can spend time on Nairaland while living in the US as an immigrant shows how far you have gone.

Don't let them drag you down, don't let them make you say things that you don't even desire.

Person Dey drag himself down but here you are saying don’t let them drag you down

Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Iwobi did'nt play as a winger in the last game,
He inverted into the midfield, to be the third man and let Aina provide the width on the right with Simon providing the width on the left.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:51am On Jan 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Na chriskels oooo grin

Na werey him b den cheesy grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 10:54am On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

I think Iwobi played the wide right role completely better than Chuks... He was coming infield and making Ola Aina make the wide overlap runs. Chuks was hugging the touch line and allowing Kelechi the infield space but it severely limited Ola Aina.

Iwobi's interpretation gave us an extra man in midfield and allowed to keep possession and build more without launching long balls from the back...
So u sabi football like dis, and u dey mis-yarn since, dey make thegoodjoe and supernerd dey write epistle.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Meliforme:

Lol. Why you feeling for him I'm not at all interested in his progress nor am I trying to drag him down. Everything I attacked from the beginning were the points he raised. He said we worship foreign countries and talked about Emmett Till. I called BS on that.

He told me I had no idea on what I was saying Abt the US. I showed him how wrong he was and how he doesn't sound like he ever lived there.

He made another statement leaving evidence and I proved my point. He started saying he lives in Gabon, EQ. Who asked him all that

Naturally people want and tend to appear bigger than they actually are on social media and it's normal. Personally I don't believe he lives in the US because I see so many evidences that makes it very unlikely. But whether I'm wrong or not, that's not what I should bother myself with. Many people do that on Nairaland.

My only issue is that he postulates prejudices with his so-called "US experience", thereby deriding other Nigerian players he hates with "facts" and feeling smart.

I love all our Nigerian players so if he keeps doing that, I'll have no option than troll him for my personal satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

E for make sense if some of them have funds to be that independent. The North African situo will make this a juicer step to attempt, but before the house is even in order, disorder go takeover.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:02am On Jan 18, 2022
IDENNAA:

Oga ,,are you are cheerleader , spectators or a passerby ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:02am On Jan 18, 2022
kentebemoney:

So u sabi football like dis, and u dey mis-yarn since, dey make thegoodjoe and supernerd dey write epistle.

Everybody cannot have the same football ideology.

As for supernerd, when men are discussing football he should be in the kitchen fixing us some food...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

Everybody cannot have the same football ideology.

As for supernerd, when men are discussing football he should be in the kitchen fixing us some food...

No need to fight. Let us just discuss ball.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2022
Meliforme:

eye's service at it best who dey drag person down for here or na when him trow insult and the other person return him own na drag down grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12308) (12309) (12310) (12311) (12312) (12313) (12314) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zellas, opes, joxxy01(m), comodo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.