Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11842052 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12313) (12314) (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Uzomacharles:

I'm above 17 to be honest cos I see no reason of lying and I once met a coach in Port Harcourt and he told me that I can never be allowed to participate in the competition cos the Host officials might rule me out saying m not up to the age and the coach might not accept due to the same reason...
This is it tho and if im even privileged to play for U21 then i will be happy

So, why do you want to apply for a team you are not qualified to apply for?

Have you not heard of MRI? Can you not find other ways to play football if you must? Why do you choose to circumvent the system? Do you not think it dishonorable if nothing else?

In light of all this, I do not think this thread can help in something of this nature, because we know the long-term damage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Is that not the same with Dennis?

Nah, not the same

NFF let us know with Dennis, that his club is stopping him from coming over, and although the buck stopped with him, he chose to forego it. There is an Eguaveon interview saying something of such. There are also multiple articles by journalists detailing Dennis's troubled relationship with the NFF.

If you have any such reports in relation to Osimhen, I'm open to seeing the .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

I already explained all this in consequent posts and why some things are/can be so
Hope you know there are some Europeans and Americans that voted for Mendy. What you are saying is from emotional and biased point of view . The only way I'd have agree with you is if this has nothing to do with football. I agree we blacks need to stick together at times but I don't think this is applicable in football. There is high probability that Mendy wouldn't have won if the voting had gone the way you wanted it to
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Oga Robosky. O gini nau?? Na innocent post. grin

And I see the mentions... make I come analyse Zimbabwe? grin

You are doing well...longest time Hope you are good and your family

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

I have broken this down consequently

When you finish reading everything, come to your own conclusions

Just as there are Africans who left Mendy, and there are Africans who sold other Africans, there will also be Africans who will never go against their colonial masters.

No dey quote me to repeat what I have already trashed out abeg
I'm sorry to say but you didn't trash anything out. Your points are far from football POV.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Nah, not the same

NFF let us know with Dennis, that his club is stopping him from coming over, and although the buck stopped with him, he chose to forego it. There is an Eguaveon interview saying something of such. There are also multiple articles by journalists detailing Dennis's troubled relationship with the NFF.

If you have any such reports in relation to Osimhen, I'm open to seeing the .

Osimhen, it’s a pity that he will not be at the AFCON. He told me practically and pleaded with me and I saw reasons. I tried for hours to convince him but his health comes first which is my concern“

This was quote from Eguavoen.

Apparently, Osimhen did the same as Dennis did. He had options to insist he would attend despite the Covid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
mostob:
Hope you know there are some Europeans and Americans that voted for Mendy. What you are saying is from emotional and biased point of view . The only way I'd have agree with you is if this has nothing to do with football. I agree we blacks need to stick together at times but I don't think this is applicable in football. There is high probability that Mendy wouldn't have won if the voting had gone the way you wanted it to
Thanks.

I HAVE EXPLAINED WHY THE EUROPEANS AND OTHERS CAN AFFORD TO VOTE FOR THESE PLAYERS, IF YOU READ AHEAD LIKE I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I WILL NOT HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF

Stop dragging me back abeg, it is not that hard to read ahead if you are truly interested in an argument. Not that I will offer you one, because whatever point you need to raise has already been answered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Osimhen, it’s a pity that he will not be at the AFCON. He told me practically and pleaded with me and I saw reasons. I tried for hours to convince him but his health comes first which is my concern“

This was quote from Eguavoen.

Apparently, Osimhen did the same as Dennis did. He had options to insist he would attend despite the Covid.

He told him and pleaded with him and he saw reason

Difference.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
mostob:
I'm sorry to say but you didn't trash anything out. Your points are far from football POV.

Because my points were not based solely on football POV, but on general life POV

We do not all speak solely from the football POV, some of us understand how every career decision can reflect on a people as a whole.

We talk here about systemic racism and how it has hindered certain people from opportunities, you think it does not exist in football?

Just last month, the first British-Asian player debuted in the EPL. The first one. Is it because there haven't been others that were just as good?

Sometimes, we do not speak about football solely for football purposes, we speak on it from the angle of psychology and sociology. The football community is a community susceptible to the same biases in the real world, the same biases that fuel every decision humans make and how they view other humans.

It is not everything that you only use one spectrum to view, certain topics are open to multiple spectrums and that is what we are doing here. It is not my fault that your mind can only comprehend something in one way, the world is too large and biased for such privilege.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Uzomacharles: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

So, why do you want to apply for a team you are not qualified to apply for?

Have you not heard of MRI? Can you not find other ways to play football if you must? Why do you choose to circumvent the system? Do you not think it dishonorable if nothing else?

In light of all this, I do not think this thread can help in something of this nature, because we know the long-term damage.

Sorry if my story itches you...
You don't know my age,all u know is that m a student of FUTO but anyway I won't say much...
August 7 2000
All I'm after is my Success cos you won't stand for me if I'm poor tomorrow, you won't even give me if I beg you tomorrow neither you might even tag me As those Nairaland beggars...
If you know the longterm damage then I'm sure you know it won't affect you..
Sorry if you misunderstand me, the system made them that way even before I was born....
Thanks dear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Mane didn't vote because he isn't Senegal's captain
I can't find Guinea's vote for some reason

Guinea's vote had gone to Bissua entire Equatorial cheesycheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
IDENNAA:

Keep quiet. You did not show me any wrong. This is embarrassing. I stayed on this thread for many years with first the Nri priest handle , then ODENIGBOAROLI ,OMANBALA , IDENNAA and sometimes OMANAMBALA , but you didn't know I was in the U.S. because I am a very simple guy.

It was my conversation with KOMEKN that made me said I lived abroad. On that day many people like you cried for reasons I don't understand. You are so pained I live in the U.S. you can't even hide your sadness.

You went straight and attacked my person because you were butthurt over America. What a guy....lmao

Somebody like you would probably poison an Obodo Oyibo returnee just because you are sad. You are shamelessly questioning my base just like Donald Trump who tells himself Obama is a terrorist....you are so pitiful.

Well , you won't be the first because komkn believe I live in Burkina Faso and has never left Africa. Buncha clowns...lol
Cos I'm one of those your village clowns who haven't been anywhere. All they know is to disturb you for money wey you no get on WhatsApp. If going to America on a B1 visa and then overstaying is an achievement for you, then I pity you and your entire family. That's if you're even being truthful. None of my business though. I don't give a crap about where you live.

Pained that you live in the US Not your fault, its your mentality, because if I enter you based on this statement you go begin dey avoid my moniker. If you were more exposed, you will understand that living permanently isn't something to brag about, and I sure say your hand no even strong at all.

If I attack your person, you won't survive. Go and meet your village people and talk to. You're just too dumb for me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Club World Cup. Mendy won the Club World Cup too

The EPL is also rated higher than the Serie A for a reason.

Once again, would Mendy have won this award if he had won the AFCON and come second in his league?

You are deviating and answering questions nobody asked you

Yes or No. Would they have given Mendy this award if he won the AFCON?
pls , when did mendy win club world cup ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Please I made my research and found out that NIGERIA U17 will be held next year and I really wanna to participate in it due to my love for football and joy to see myself representing Nigeria home and abroad...

But this is the problem, I'm a student in Owerri (FUTO) and I play for my department as winger,midfielder and striker if the need arise and I want to know if there's anyway I can connect to any trial or scout or even an agent here in nigeria?..

I'm from Eziobodo,the land which birth Emmanuel Amuneke,Kelechi Nwakali,Chidiebere Nwakali,Samuel Nnoshiri etc....
I would love to see your helpful feedbacks and also welcome for any insult too lol

You are 16 and already playing for your department in uniiversity?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

I HAVE EXPLAINED WHY THE EUROPEANS AND OTHERS CAN AFFORD TO VOTE FOR THESE PLAYERS, IF YOU READ AHEAD LIKE I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I WILL NOT HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF

Stop dragging me back abeg, it is not that hard to read ahead if you are truly interested in an argument. Not that I will offer you one, because whatever point you need to raise has already been answered.
You don't even have any point from the onset anyway. This is football, all your talk of Black against black doesn't correlate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ekong and a Journalist's question about Female fans

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Uzomacharles:

I'm above 17 to be honest cos I see no reason of lying and I once met a coach in Port Harcourt and he told me that I can never be allowed to participate in the competition cos the Host officials might rule me out saying m not up to the age and the coach might not accept due to the same reason...
This is it tho and if im even privileged to play for U21 then i will be happy

Then focus on joining a club or academy and start from there...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
This hungry, cretin, dunderhead paid agent should know more about hunger. grin

Afterall he's the one that sucks the asses of players and attacks whoever criticizes his faves.

Run to your faves for more money. Ode.

Fani Kayode of Nairaland...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

He told him and pleaded with him and he saw reason

Difference.

First point is, he practically told the coach by himself he was not coming.

2. The coach “tried” to convince him (not his club)......why?

(1) because Eguavoen doesn’t “initially” thinks that excuse was tangible enough to stop him.

(ii) because the bulk rest at his (Osimhen) table not his club.

Apparently, Osimhen decided not to come on his own even when he could still come despite the Covic because Covid didn’t stop some players attending this AFCON.

Is situation is not different from Dennis.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
robosky02:

You are doing well...longest time Hope you good and your family

All is fine Big Oga Robosky. All is fine. Thank you and Happy New Year. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Uzomacharles: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
drDoom3:

You are 16 and already playing for your department in uniiversity?
I never stated my age and maybe you misunderstood me... I stated my birth month just recently tho Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
Uzomacharles:

You don't know my age,all u know is that m a student of FUTO but anyway I won't say much...
August 7 2000
All I'm after is my Success cos you won't stand for me if I'm poor tomorrow, you won't even give me if I beg you tomorrow neither you might even tag me As those Nairaland beggars...
Sorry if you misunderstand me, the system made them that way even before I was born....
Thanks dear

I know you are solely after your success, even if you have to circumvent things

The system did not make anything anyway, you just choose to go after your success and you are allowed to be selfish about it.

However, like I said, just as you wish to circumvent the system, tell lies and take up another spot that should go to someone who is actually U-17, because you don't want to be poor and you think lies are the only way through which you can get wealth, some of us will not wish to assist such a thing.

No be only you system Bleep up, if everybody begin dey tell their story, you go know say your own even better.

Best of luck in your attempts to rescue yourself from poverty, you can take your story to other platforms and see if someone is willing to assist you. I don tell you say this thread fit no help you already.

Make MRI sha no expose you, because you no be small pikin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Uzomacharles:

August 7 2000
Thanks dear
Bro...You are also not looking at the long term damage ....to be honest with you, MRI will not understand all these your stories. Honesty comes first in everything.
There are various ways you can be a pro that are more easier than trying to falsify your age. I have a friend who went from one naija club straight to Lithuania second division.
My advice is, join any good club around you and start climbing the ladder. If you're good as you said and with a dint of hard work, foreign scout will notice you in no distant time.
If you attempt to play by falsifying your age, it will leave a bad taint on your football career.
Peace bro

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
mostob:
You don't even have any point from the onset anyway. This is football, all your talk of Black against black doesn't correlate.

You are entitled to your opinion

The people that understand my point understand it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
Elock1:
Good morning guys.

Please what's your take on that ivory coast vs algeria match?

Something tell me that ivory coast could come out triumphant.

Algeria will win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
humility33:

What's Onyeka offense pls
Dude deserve a start at least in this match

A regular player at the best league in the world sitting on the bench

I just hope he start the last game

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Algeria will win

I need them to lose, so, there is no third place from there

If they win, we fit play Ivory Coast. I would rather not face West African opposition just yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles prep in pictures

Even Okoye sef tall pass Yobo, chaiii,
see as em look like gen2 giant for back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:
This hungry, cretin, dunderhead paid agent should know more about hunger. grin

Afterall he's the one that sucks the asses of players and attacks whoever criticizes his faves.

Run to your faves for more money. Ode.

Fani Kayode of Nairaland...
Oga ..you don't need all of these. Chill
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

You people will one day know the difference between racism and ethnocentrism.

One is an unreasonable hate for another group

The other is love for your own people over others.

Racism is bad. Ethnocentrism is good.

The Japanese for instance, are ethnocentric, they are not racist.

Not everything is racist, and wanting people who look like you to get their well deserved accolades, can NEVER be racism

Cc.safarigirl

You nailed it like a champ:

I think people often misunderstood what prejudice and preference mean. Just because one prefers one player to another doesn't mean you hate the unchosen one.

I have been accused of "hating" foreign borns but my issue is really with English Borough boys I know we have more talented player than.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
forgiveness:

First point is, he practically told the coach by himself he was not coming.

2. The coach “tried” to convince him (not his club)......why?

(1) because Eguavoen doesn’t “initially” things that excuse was tangible enough to stop him.

(ii) because the bulk rest at his (Osimhen) table not his club.

Apparently, Osimhen decided not to come on his own even when he could still come despite the Covic because Covid didn’t stop some players attending this AFCON.

Is situation is not different from Dennis.

Okay

I have told you the importance of character evidence when you want to sentence people who commit the same crime

I have also told you why Osimhen is different from Dennis, whether their situations are the same or not, the people involved are not same. The sentence will not be the same

Osimhen already had a place to return to, Dennis does not have a place.

They will not be treated same

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Pinnick prays next to Iheanacho in Eagles' dressing room

Who has seen the video? Coz I have and even Iheanacho looked so shocked. grin

Pinnick is such a showman. Lol

Anything to promote the SE and Nff brand is welcomed

(1) (2) (3) ... (12313) (12314) (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.