Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656577 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12485) (12486) (12487) (12488) (12489) (12490) (12491) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
Vondata:
May thunder fire anybody that will blame iwobi....these african referees are so amateur and stupid.

my guy just dey watch, even the goal they scored us, how the scorer take see space to fire that hot shot, nor to take of the slightest deflection,

yet them don throw everything for Okoye head

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
Idk why people aren't emphasizing on the Iwobi red card. I've watched that replay countless times and I don't know how it was a red card. Iwobi wasn't even the one that went on a tackle the Tunisian tackled Iwobi and Iwobi got carded. This thing is annoying and painful. Eguavoen is a good coach. He brought Iwobi to change the game play. Guys, that's my view.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Idk why people aren't emphasizing on the Iwobi red card. I've watched that replay countless times and I don't know how it was a red card. Iwobi wasn't even the one that went on a tackle the Tunisian tackled Iwobi and Iwobi got carded. This thing is annoying and painful. Eguavoen is a good coach. He brought Iwobi to change the game play. Guys, that's my view.
even the tackle wasn’t intentional

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
grin One was harping on why the coach didn't do sub before half time instead

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Papi85:
Iwobi was shielding the ball, the Tunisian guy was the one with the sliding challenge. E get as e be sha. Honestly

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
cheesy
Odunayaw:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
Also, we should stop going hard on our boys anytime we have bad outings. We should criticise their outings but all these insults and high expectations should stop because our boys are AVERAGE . Yes. Super Eagles is an AVERAGE team. Let's stop acting like they are world class stars. Let's hope for better days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
do4luv14:

my guy just dey watch, even the goal they scored us, how the scorer take see space to fire that hot shot, nor to take of the slightest deflection,

yet them don throw everything for Okoye head
what deflection?? stop capping nonsense,we have a very useless goalkeeper in maduka okoye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
Papi85:
Exactly, chief. The refree was just anti-Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin In Nigeria, everyone is a coach. If the results were positive, all these wouldn't have been discussed. The thing tire me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
fabyom:
Saying he had a sleepless night doesn't necessarily mean he did. It's a soothing way to address those not selected that they are not forgotten! It's a human relation term. Ivory coast drew with Sierrialeone but defeated Algeria. My G, football is not mathematics.

Equavoen's tactic was spot on. In the first half, Algeria had one shot on target which came in the first 5 minutes.
Their tactic is to neutralize our attack and hit us on a counter. Equavoen knew that's why our forwards did not press in the first half and Moses withdrew a bit backward.
This is a knockout stage you don't just go all out against the 2nd best team in Africa.

In the 2nd half, we decided to be more proactive because Equavoen could see what the Tunisians were trying to do.
Iheanacho lost the ball and they countered, a long pass to Aina's position just needs Aina to trap the ball but he lost it. These are the little loss of concentrations that made Rohr prefer Awaziem to Aina.
Before our backline could recover boom a straight waving shot, took a bounce in front of our goalkeeper. A routine save with two palms but Okoye went with one (Bad positioning).

Equavoen saw a need to press their backline which Iheanacho and Awoniyi were not doing. He brought on Olayinka to press and Iwobi to control the midfield (Switching to 4-3-3) formation. Simon to drive in and Sanusi to go wide. Same with Chukweze and Aina. As we began to take charge of the game Iwobi miss-timed his control and ... red card.

Nevertheless, we maintained the game plan and there were several occasions Simon drove in and Sanusi drifted wide to receive the ball.
This game plan allowed us to press the Tunisians even with 10 men, and when Sadiq came on, Olayinka took Chukweze position drifting in and Aina going wide. That was how Olayinka was able to locate Sadiq unfortunately he shot wide (P.S: Sadiq and Olayinka gave it all, pressing, running, and dribbling).

Simon was able to locate Ndidi twice just outside the 18-yard box and he shot unbelievably wide. You don't give such space to a player like Partey or Kessie and won't pay dearly. Ndidi's shooting let us down. Comoros scored a free-kick from 30 yards but we have no player that can score from 20 yards. Wow!

Equavoen got his tactic spot on as it allowed us to control the game without headache, unlike our previous qualifiers.

It was the qualities of our players that let us down. A keeper that can't save a direct shot, a striker that failed to convert a through ball, a DM that can't shoot, and a 10 that got a red card.
Even with 10 men, we had the chance to equalize. Hardluck but as Iwobi wrote on his IG page, the Super Eagles shall be back. Patience my people!

MASTERPIECE!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mousup40:
what deflection?? stop capping nonsense,we have a very useless goalkeeper in maduka okoye

I remember talking about been more confident in Uzoho than Maduka during the WC qualifiers. I remember mentioning Tobias Lawal, Sebastian Osigwe as more confident than Maduka. I remember saying that it's a matter of time before Okoye will make us lose games but people here said that he'll improve. See, IDGAF if he improves. The national team is not where you come to improve. Only the best are worthy to be in the national team and Maduka Okoye doesn't make the cut. Akpeyi does not make the cut. Even Uzoho barely makes the cut. You can't tell me that there is no good Nigerian Goalkeeper out there. We need to scout out for these players. Let's stop supporting mediocrity. It's annoying.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I remember talking about been more confident in Uzoho than Maduka during the WC qualifiers. I remember mentioning Tobias Lawal, Sebastian Osigwe as more confident than Maduka. I remember saying that it's a matter of time before Okoye will make us lose games but people here said that he'll improve. See, IDGAF if he improves. The national team is not where you come to improve. Only the best are worthy to be in the national team and Maduka Okoye doesn't make the cut. Akpeyi does not make the cut. Even Uzoho barely makes the cut. You can't tell me that there is no good Nigerian Goalkeeper out there. We need to scout out for these players. Let's stop supporting mediocrity. It's annoying.
facts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Malawi should be very careful ,because all these afcon ref no be am ,dem fit wan FAVOUR Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
See Wetin Malawi keeper Dey save

Naija sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
CHELSEA AND TOTTENHAM SHOULD SPREAD THEIR RADAR TO AFCON. I BELIEVE GABADINHO MHANGO OF MALAWI WILL BE A GOOD ACQUISITION. A LETHAL STRIKER FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mousup40:

Oga useful goalkeeper why not goan keep for us abi demands tie your hands
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Not a fan of the naija league ,but why are many people Saying we can’t get good GK from there ?

I guess the Malawian league have better talents than. The npfl

Maduka ,uzoho ,akpeyi ,I no rate anyone ,even the akpeyi I watched at last afcon looked better than Maduka and uzoho grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
Odunayaw:
Iwobi was shielding the ball, the Tunisian guy was the one with the sliding challenge. E get as e be sha. Honestly

This is what the referee called a rescued offence,

even VAR, could not called to correct him,

between those two, who was supposed to be carded

Nowonda Aribo wan take look murder the referee

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Iwobi has dropped his concluding speech. We move. Its not a red to me. But one lesson we should probably use next Afcon is the tantrums. We don't need be perfect at it, but we can use it, especially in the box. The officiating is quite biased in such cases.

Meanwhile...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
do4luv14:

This is what the referee called a rescued offence,

even VAR, could not called to correct him,

between those two, who was supposed to be carded

Nowonda Aribo wan take look murder the referee
Ref was on some next level drugs throughout the match. I was prepared for mago mago but that was me thinking they'd give one blind PK. That red was evil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2022
Morocco wan kill Malawi ,but see keeper nao ,Malawi keeper have been impressive ,the Moroccans have been unlucky

Hakimi is not flopping in this tournament like other big names
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Odunayaw:
Ref was on some next level drugs throughout the match. I was prepared for mago mago but that was me thinking they'd give one blind PK. That red was evil

pure daylight robbery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Not a fan of the naija league ,but why are many people Saying we can’t get good GK from there ?

I guess the Malawian league have better talents than. The npfl

Maduka ,uzoho ,akpeyi ,I no rate anyone ,even the akpeyi I watched at last afcon looked better than Maduka and uzoho grin
I'm a fan of NPFL, abi make I call am patriotism grin

But Ezenwa has more confidence than Maduka. If no be say Nana Bonsu of Enugu Rangers that year no be Nigerian ni I for say e better pass Maduka.

There's just this confidence this guy lacks. It's like someone wey cram come write exam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are the one creating story out of nothing. You clearly stated because of red card. It is straight of your comment. You did not say because he was incapacitated.

Since I started watching football, I can not remember where a coach made a change when the game was level in the first half without injury.

You are the one grasping. Making fictitious claims.

You said the coach was tactically inept and then started talking of cards. Then said we should know.

Incapacitated.

Show me where you saw that in my post.

Like I said you are grasping at straws.

If you have not seen before, have you seen one today. grin

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2632032
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
daveP:
Iwobi has dropped his concluding speech. We move. Its not a red to me. But one lesson we should probably use next Afcon is the tantrums. We don't need be perfect at it, but we can use it, especially in the box. The officiating is quite biased in such cases.

Meanwhile...

a bouncing ball, in front of a goalkeeper is a very dangerous ball, due to its potentials to change direction and fool even the best of keepers

BTW, the guy got to much space to take that shot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
we miss our 20 lung warhorse, Etebo do come back abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Odunayaw:
I'm a fan of NPFL, abi make I call am patriotism grin

But Ezenwa has more confidence than Maduka. If no be say Nana Bonsu of Enugu Rangers that year no be Nigerian ni I for say e better pass Maduka.

There's just this confidence this guy lacks. It's like someone wey cram come write exam

You Dey watch Malawi GK ,Omo see saves nao

I was thinking he will be playing at the sa league but Na Malawi league my guy Dey ,dude has been so impressive

Ezenwa wasn’t bad for the eagles ,we where just angry that he isn’t a regular at his club or so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
daveP:

Meanwhile...
see as maduka position like Play station keeper cheesy grin grin abeg make Dem show am the replays of saves from far less unknown keepers in this Same afcon single handedly keeping their team's in games eg this Malawi goal, keeper cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
do4luv14:

a bouncing ball, in front of a goalkeeper is a very dangerous ball, due to its potentials to change direction and fool even the best of keepers

BTW, the guy got to much space to take that shot
its just baffling we analysing the ball and not the fact that many keepers easily gather such kind, especially when they see the shooter. It is well. Its not inexcusable though. But its also not one impossible task atallllllll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You Dey watch Malawi GK ,Omo see saves nao

I was thinking he will be playing at the sa league but Na Malawi league my guy Dey ,dude has been so impressive

Ezenwa wasn’t bad for the eagles ,we where just angry that he isn’t a regular at his club or so
But reason am Andrew, if to say them make an NPFL keeper first choice.
Humility will be talking political connection, forgiveness will be screaming tribalism, Komekn nko, corruption.

cheesy we'd keep being served MaduZoho vibes for the foreseeable future

(1) (2) (3) ... (12485) (12486) (12487) (12488) (12489) (12490) (12491) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney, chuks404, Toylove, Philosopher1979 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.