Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671374 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12539) (12540) (12541) (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:42am On Feb 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Ighalo did not carry us 2019, dead that talk. The number of big chances he missed surpassed the goals he scored by far. Remeber vs. Guinea where he refused to square the ball to Musa for a tap in? vs. SA where he missed a one-on-one Chuks set up nicely for him? the only game he really carried us in was that Cameroon game... His other games had goals from deflected shots, PKs and tap-ins.
What about the group stage? How many goals did your other players scored? Your utterances scream entitlement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 4:27am On Feb 03, 2022
Likely Cameroon vs Senegal for the final.
Repeat of AFCON 2002 in Mali.

I wish Senegal wins but Cameroon has a tradition of overachieving while Senegal has the opposite.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:48am On Feb 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Ighalo did not carry us 2019, dead that talk. The number of big chances he missed surpassed the goals he scored by far. Remeber vs. Guinea where he refused to square the ball to Musa for a tap in? vs. SA where he missed a one-on-one Chuks set up nicely for him? the only game he really carried us in was that Cameroon game... His other games had goals from deflected shots, PKs and tap-ins.
Nawa o, what is this bad belleism??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:52am On Feb 03, 2022
fabyom:
What about the group stage? How many goals did your other players scored? Your utterances scream entitlement.

We scored only two group stage goals, Ighalo had one well taken chance.

By the way, the reason I am bashing Ighalo is that reports from camp were that Osimhen was our best striker in training, but kept getting benched because of Rohr's favoritism for Ighalo. Looking at Osimhen's form immediately after that AFCON, you can only wonder how many more goals we would have scored if he was given a chance.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Are you serious?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:38am On Feb 03, 2022
You see what experience does in football. When I compare teams like Algeria, Cameroon Senegal, Tunisia and Egypt it scares me. Before the AFCON I saw how average and inexperienced our squad is. The worst AFCON outing in recent times. Where is our experienced players? They are planning to take Amoo to the Mundial cheesy grin grin My hand no dey o!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Dem neva beat Ghana dem dn dy make mouth
I won't be surprised if they don't make it grin
Dem dy win match b4 them play am

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2022
Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth. Most players can't do the things some expect them to do for SE. We keep putting square pegs in round holes and wonder why it doesn't fit.

Aribo is not a No 10 and he ain't Adepoju either... Iwobi is not a No 10... Nacho is not a 10..
Simon is not Amuneke and doesn't play like him.
Chuks is a wing forward not a pure winger.
Ndidi is a destroyer, he's no oliseh or Mikel

We need to really come to terms with our limitations and start playing to our strengths instead of trying to recreate the days of old... Eguavoen is failing to realize this isn't team 1994.

What we should be looking for are more players like Mikel. A guy who moves the ball accurately to his teammate, presents himself to receive the ball, has tactical and positional discipline. And above all, has superior football IQ..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Eguavoen had plans to invite Amoo to replace Ighalo but CAF refused.
He now has the platform to invite Amoo for the double headed qualifier against Ghana.
If I no see Amoo for the squad list,e mean say Eguaveon doesn't rate the lad highly.
I hope he also gives Adeleye Adebayo and Sebiastan Osigwe their chances too in the goal keeping department.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2022
Daninya33:

He now has the platform to invite Amoo for the double headed qualifier against Ghana.
If I no see Amoo for the squad list,e mean say Eguaveon doesn't rate the lad highly.
I hope he also gives Adeleye Adebayo and Sebiastan Osigwe their chances too in the goal keeping department.

For Eguavoen to want to invite Amoo, know he rates the guy highly. Rohr already had submitted the preliminary list. So little chance for changes. The problem is why is it taking so long to appoint Eguavoen? The match is next month.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

For Eguavoen to want to invite Amoo, know he rates the guy highly. Rohr already had submitted the preliminary list. So little chance for changes. The problem is why is it taking so long to appoint Eguavoen? The match is next month.
They want him to fail against Ghana.
Nigerians would definitely turn against Eguaveon if he fails to deliver the World Cup ticket,thereby giving our politicians room for their manoeuvres.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ersonleads(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2022
Nff to Employ Austin Eguavoen as head coach & Amuneke as Assistant. Please someone should confirm if it as true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Joezinho:
Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth. Most players can't do the things some expect them to do for SE. We keep putting square pegs in round holes and wonder why it doesn't fit.

Aribo is not a No 10 and he ain't Adepoju either... Iwobi is not a No 10... Nacho is not a 10..
Simon is not Amuneke and doesn't play like him.
Chuks is a wing forward not a pure winger.
Ndidi is a destroyer, he's no oliseh or Mikel

We need to really come to terms with our limitations and start playing to our strengths instead of trying to recreate the days of old... Eguavoen is failing to realize this isn't team 1994.

What we should be looking for are more players like Mikel. A guy who moves the ball accurately to his teammate, presents himself to receive the ball, has tactical and positional discipline. And above all, has superior football IQ..

When will you guys learn that football doesn’t revolves around number 10 ?

Una no go let us hear word with this number 10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
You see what experience does in football. When I compare teams like Algeria, Cameroon Senegal, Tunisia and Egypt it scares me. Before the AFCON I saw how average and inexperienced our squad is. The worst AFCON outing in recent times. Where is our experienced players? They are planning to take Amoo to the Mundial cheesy grin grin My hand no dey o!

Our squad is inexperienced because there is no ighalo ,not that he was dropped ,we all know what happened

How many experienced player Burkina has that they beat Tunisia that we couldn’t ?

My friend rest and stop disgracing yourself here everyday by day with your stupid analysis

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Ighalo missed big chances at the afcon 2019 ?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2022
ersonleads:
Nff to Employ Austin Eguavoen as head coach & Amuneke as Assistant. Please someone should confirm if it as true
It remains a rumour until it is confirmed.
1 month to a crucial match and NFF are just dilly dallying .
They want them to fail in their duties and then give Nigerians lectures on FTB 101 that Nigerian coaches are not good enough to coach the S.E.
Las las they will settle for a low budget White Man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2022
pahars:
What this nations cup as shown is that to win a major competition you need atleast one class player in your team. Mane and Salah have not been that spectacular in this competition but they have been very crucial at vital moments for their team(with goals and assists). Nigeria lack such star figures, that's why we will struggle to win major tournaments.

Yeah that’s why zambia and Cameroon won the afcon with a key player on the level of mane and salah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Watching Aribo for the first time at length.
Sluggish. No progressive. Looks for the easy passes.
Good movement but this old firm derby too quick for him.
Might be a bad day though.

Bassey unbelievably good.
Balogun rolls Royce.

Aribo was having a bad day

Aribo have been Rangers best player this season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:16am On Feb 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

When will you guys learn that football doesn’t revolves around number 10 ?

Una no go let us hear word with this number 10

I never said football revolves around the number 10. I am talking about the SE. The issue is the balance of our midfield setup in particular where we have a number of destroyers (Ndidi, Etebo) and B2B players(Aribo, Onyeka), but with a lack of those who specialize in distribution which imo is the most important aspect to any successful midfield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:20am On Feb 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Watching Aribo for the first time at length.
Sluggish. No progressive. Looks for the easy passes.

Good movement but this old firm derby too quick for him.
Might be a bad day though.

Bassey unbelievably good.
Balogun rolls Royce.

Aribo is a baller. Rangers new coach clearly doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. Aribo is a classy intelligent box to box player. Playing him as a defensive midfielder won’t get the best from him.

Bassey had a decent game. Dude is quite strong in the tackle and seem to have a decent passing range. Offensively, he is shy and prefers the skmple pass rather than taking on his marker going forward.

He's not as good as Sanusi but He's a SE material.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:28am On Feb 03, 2022
nairalandankrah:

No be only plans!! You're just defending those failures.

Say what you know..

Amoo name wasn't in the preliminary list submitted by Rohr,and when Ighalo wasn't released for the AFCON, Eguavon mentioned him and Silas Nwankwo as the alternative replacements,but CAF declined the request...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:29am On Feb 03, 2022
benji93:
Gold Coast? That was what Ghana was called. Or you meant Cape Coast?

Oh yes..Cape Coast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:

You're just clowning.... Algeria was the experienced team with Arab based players you tipped to win the AFCON from the start..what happened? They crashed out in the group stage and you have added some new names to hide your shame..
Just rest... You are still pained your darling daddy is no more in charge...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2022
Beer parlour analysts still crying to this day , I love it

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

You're just clowning.... Algeria was the experienced team with Arab based players you tipped to win the AFCON from the start..what happened? They crashed out in the group stage and you have added some new names to hide your shame..

He is a big clown

I wonder which experience player we didn’t take to the afcon apart from ighalo which we all know made the squad and a little issue had to take him out

Zuchy have been here crying day and night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2022
gustav25:
Beer parlour analysts still crying to this day , I love it
lol, we don move on, it’s was just pure bad luck.

Better inform our bredas to train hard, no familiarity that day at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:11am On Feb 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Our squad is inexperienced because there is no ighalo ,not that he was dropped ,we all know what happened

How many experienced player Burkina has that they beat Tunisia that we couldn’t ?

My friend rest and stop disgracing yourself here everyday by day with your stupid analysis
Stupid and myopic analyst where is Burkina Faso?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

It has nothing to do with sentiments Algeria that crashed out from the AFCON is still better Nigeria. I tipped Algeria,Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal and Nigeria. There out of them made semi finals,so what are you talking about? I blame ghen ghen frustration for all these talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2022
The three remaining teams that are likely to win the AFCON all have their experienced players in the squad. We will continue to be under achievers if we continue Fielding inexperienced players. There is no continuity in SE. Our experienced guys retire too early.
Sometimes they are disrespected either by coaches or fans. Imagine what Okoye would have learnt from Enyeama?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
Stupid and myopic analyst where is Burkina Faso?

But they beat Tunisia we couldn’t beat with our inexperienced squad grin

What about your experienced Algeria that couldn’t beat Sierra Leone grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
It has nothing to do with sentiments Algeria that crashed out from the AFCON is still better Nigeria. I tipped Algeria,Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal and Nigeria. There out of them made semi finals,so what are you talking about? I blame ghen ghen frustration for all these talk

Moan all you want.. Daddy Rohr us gone.. His kick and rush football too is gone.. Ighalo will soon be retired permanently from the national team..We are in a new era..Deal with it..
Everybody has his own time ..
Na your type dey vote the likes of Buhari and Tinubu because they have "experience"...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
The three remaining teams that are likely to win the AFCON all have their experienced players in the squad. We will continue to be under achievers if we continue Fielding inexperienced players. There is no continuity in SE. Our experienced guys retire too early.
Sometimes they are disrespected either by coaches or fans. Imagine what Okoye would have learnt from Enyeama?

Who are the experience player we left out of the afcon squad ?

Mention the experience players we didn’t take to the afcon or shut up your garlic smelling mouth

I guess we should have taken enyeama to the afcon and also bring back Onazi

(1) (2) (3) ... (12539) (12540) (12541) (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), Amedino99(m), opes and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.